[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone here tell me about the freemasons? I saw one of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 40

File: mason.jpg (34KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
mason.jpg
34KB, 318x320px
Can someone here tell me about the freemasons?
I saw one of my professors wearing a mason ring and I asked him what they do. He told me that they were pretty much like a kiwanis club.
I then asked what they did that made them different and he laughed then said he couldn't talk about it.
So x, what is their purpose?
>>
File: wLlsf4T.png (568KB, 792x535px)
wLlsf4T.png
568KB, 792x535px
>>
>>18583392
Fund-raising club, with syncretist overtones.
>>
They're a social club, nothing creepy at all. Freemasons parented a lot of similar clubs, such as Job's Daughters and Rainbow for Girls. They're all social clubs with vaguely religious themes and somewhat cultish rituals that ultimately do nothing. I was once in one, and really they're nothing to be afraid of. they're fucking boring.
>>
>>18583538
>>18583567
Ok, shill.
>>
There are two types of Masons

>Sunday morning masons
These don't know anything about the occult. They are invited to join when they have something to offer to other members.

>Saturday night Masons
These worship Satan. They do all kinds of rituals including murder, pedophilia and rape.
>>
They're basically a social club, there is secrecy, but it's only signs pass's, and tokens. There's a lot of ritual involved, which is preferred to be kept secret, but you can find it online if you look hard enough. They aren't anything to be afraid of. There's a branch called the Shriners, which run the children's hospitals. I'm sure you've seen the commercials. That started from Freemasonry. There is no occult, or anything like that. There is religion involved in it, but it is non denominational. There is no discrimination against religion, or race, on who can join, though there are states who are picky. The general requirements to join, at least in my state, California, are that you be 18, believe in a supreme being, and be in good standing. Good standing means that you aren't a felon, or anything like that. You have to have a clean record. Also, you must be a man. There is a women's sort of Freemasonry, called Eastern Star, though I haven't done much research on it. My grandmother was in it. When someone joins Masonry, and is initiated in, it's done on the bible of their choice, there is no satanism. The goat joke is just a joke. I don't really know what else to say. My source is that I'm a Master Mason from California. I can post a picture of my ring and dues card with a timestamp if you want autheticity. That's also a way you can confirm your professor, ask him for a dues card. Anyways, I'll wrap this up.
>>
>>18583607
10/10 post
thanks
>>
>>18583688
You're welcome. Also, I'm probably the youngest Master Mason you'll ever come across. Got raised at 18. I won't bullshit you and do lots of jokes and shit like a lot of older guys like to do. At least they do at my lodge. Hope that answered your questions. Assuming you are OP.
>>
To know Freemasonry, look at Freemasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Freemasons

The common theme is they take over "democracies" all over the world, whether it's Europe, Turkey or Argentina. seems all US governs, all judges etc. are Freemasons.

They make similar or identicall political decisions, a mix of capitalism, fear and strange immigration.

On the paranormal side, it's more difficult to know because it's not like political decisions, its not open.

Above is a shill or a low level mason. Low level masons are clueless and used as a cover for more.
>>
>>18583709
One moment. I'll dig out my wallet for my dues card, and I can also point you to my lodge website, where I am posted as an officer. I am 110% authentic. Though, to correct you, there is nothing higher than the 3rd degree of masonry. There is York/Scottish right which goes up to 32, but that doesn't make you any higher than the 3rd. There is also the honorary 33rd degree, but that is only after so many years in scottish/york rite and having been active in it. There is no new world order. My lodge can barely plan a meal for our meetings, let alone take over the world.
>>
File: 20170131_113842.jpg (986KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170131_113842.jpg
986KB, 2560x1536px
>>18583709
Here is my dues card, with time stamp. The lodge website is http://www.chicofreemasons.org
>>
>>18583723
> My lodge can barely plan a meal for our meetings, let alone take over the world.

I have seen that joke/"funny" argument in an article before, it was about Jewish or Freemason conspiracy, I don't remember which. Can't believe you just repeated it.

I see your certificate.

Now, I would like to speak to you. I don't want to hear the BS you say but the truth.

So, how could I earn that favour?
>>
>>18583754
Sorry to disappint you, but there is no grand conspiracy. Sure, we can talk, how would you like to communicate. Through here, or what have you? I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say as well.
>>
>>18583607
>making too much sense
>not confirming my demonic sex cult theorys
>implying masons have nothing to do with the flashlight club
>>
>>18583764
Through here is not good because you posted your certificate, then you can't speak the truth anymore.

So before anything, I would like to find the "plan a meal" joke I have seen before. Because the fact you repeated here makes me wonder if it's part of a "pre-made" statements you guys make. Then, I would like to establish if it's a pre-made statement for low-level masons, something that is said to newbies, or more.
>>
They are mixed up with Satanists at the highest levels.

I am a victim of their bullshit, they believe in magic and work with other occult organizations to breed "psychics" like myself.

My great great great grandmother was a midwife and healer, a witch and her daughter was recruited by a wealthy banker Mason to play Babalon in their occult sex rituals. Then her daughter married another Mason who became a judge and later government official. Their kid, my grandmother married into the military intelligence wing.

They harbor pedophiles and rapists.

This next month I have to be around one of my abusers and there's nothing I can do about it.

The Masons are a branch of "the Illuminati" and America is an oligarchy.

Go ahead an join but beware because you'll be enter a pit of vipers. One of my stepfathers had a best friend who joined the local lodge and his kid, a first-born son, ended up dead.

They're all crazy and they don't think their rituals are symbolic, they actually believe they have power. Most occult organizations derive from Freemasonry, like OTO and the Fraternity of Light and such.
>>
>>18583777
So, it might take a while, perhaps an hour to find it, but I will report back when I do.
>>
>>18583783
I'll be here, keeping the thread alive. I always enjoy a good discussion.
>>
>>18583779
Do tell, what are these higher levels called?
>>
>>18583792
Now, I got a more clear memory of where I saw the meal "joke". It's an article about Bilderberg and was published in one of their magazines (mainstream). It made more sense to read it in the context of world "leaders" than from someone who's part of a minor lodge. That's what's striking about this. I think we hit something here. I keep searching then we will study you.
>>
>>18583816
I'm not an expert on their rites, I only know that that the higher you go the darker it gets.

I'm not so much an insider as an asset, these people have dehumanized me so much to the point where it's hard for me to function.

I only in the last couple years have started to recover my repressed memories and though I have yet to recover any memories of abuse inside a lodge, my mother and her siblings have memories of being abused by the generation that was directly involved with the Masons.
>>
>>18583828
Alright, sounds good. Though, I wasn't instructed to say it. I too saw it in something I was reading. I felt it was fitting, so I used it. I don't think there's anything big behind that certain sentence. In fact, I wasn't instructed on any certain phrases to say. There are obligations for all 3 degrees, which prevent me from saying certain things, but that doesn't stop you from googling any supposed secrets. Though, do make sure it's an actually credible source.
>>
>>18583839
Do you know the name and location of this lodge? From what it sounds like, it's most likely a fake lodge.
>>
>>18583845
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiratard/comments/564vzh/jacob_rothschild_losing_the_nwo_game/

I liked Jon Stewart's quip on the Jewish banking conspiracy.

To paraphrase:

"You people think a bunch of old Jewish guys get together and decide how the world will be run? Have you ever seen a group of Jewish people together? We can't even agree on what to get to eat!"
>>
>>18583392
Freemasonry is essentially the modern Kabbala. Essentially the goal is to cause a total breakdown of society and morality to plunge the material world into chaos so it can be reshaped however they want.

Social engineering, orchestrating revolutions (pic related, flag of East Germany under the Soviets) and wars, sacrificing children to Moloch, you name it, they do it. When /pol/ fags talk about ZOG, this is what they mean, even if they don't realize it.

If you value your safety, I would recommend you don't do any serious digging.
>>
So, Mason here. Thread has become quite a mess, and I'm not sure who is talking to me and such. Still here, so ask away. Just, try not to confuse OP.
>>
>>18583845

It's not about getting a credible source.

It's about seeing that exact statement and you repeating it;

Which then looks like shills have a textbook of statements to post in threads about freemasons.

I hate that statement first of all because it's condescending. As in, you stupid commoners, we can't even decide which wine to drink in our banquet, you're thinking too much.
>>
>>18583853
Oh, and I almost forgot, the 33rd degree is obtained by participating in the Killing of the King Ritual and being anointed with the blood of the slain patriarch.
>>
>>18583850
My family I believe was involved with the Cyrene Lodge in Iowa.

Iowa is a very Masonic state (there's a Mason City, Iowa after all), I believe my family may have been "in control" of the Clarion/Belmond region through their bank.
>>
>>18583861
I am no shill though, and I was unaware of it being offensive. Here's a little something though, most lodges don't have high class dinners or anything. Unless its a very formal one, ie tux and white gloves every meeting, then the food is usually bought at like Costco or something. I do know, that at least in my jurisdiction, that there is no alcohol allowed, so no fancy wines. Majority of the lodges I am aware of are casual dress, show up in whatever you are wearing that day. Only time we really dress up is for doing degrees, or if it's a formal event.
>>
>>18583862
Unable to fact check you on that because I'm not in scottish/york rite, but I'm fairly sure that's wrong. Masonic ritual revolves around King Soloman's Temple, so I have my doubts about your statement.
>>
>>18583870
What do you mean in control?
>>
>>18583876

That's BS but I don't actually want to argue. We could argue for hours but that's pointless.

I want to know why Masons/Baphomet worships do what they do. As in, you guys serve an evil master, do you really think you're going to get a free pass just because you served him well? As in, how you abuse others, you think you won't get abused in the same way? Do you really think you'll get away with it in the end?
>>
>>18583899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnk9lCfEozk
>>
>>18583899
How is it BS? Also, I can honestly say, that I have never had any experience with Baphomet, or abused anyone.
>>
>>18583906
That's one thing I have wondered, if you have a moral compass so broken that you don't even admit to yourself that you are evil. For example, wealth inequality. If you view it as non evil because other humans are more like dogs and don't deserve anything, so it's normal to enslave them and make them work for you and take all the profit.
>>
>>18583914
The logic is just that the level above you in the pyramid sees you in the same way and is going to treat you in the same way. So how can you even tolerate it unless you are at the very top of the pyramid and know you won't be abused by others?
>>
>>18583914
I never stated my beliefs on wealth inequality. So that's just putting words into my mouth. I'm currently a college student. Personally, I don't believe people are dogs. People are people. Here in America, everyone has a chance to do something. Nobody is a dog. Also, I honestly have no idea what you mean by abuse, nor pyramid. I'm utterly at a loss for words. Unless I'm just not reading carefully. I'm not making much sense of what you're trying to put across here.
>>
>>18583392
Watch Occult Forces I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vY_WxXRBc

Take it with a grain of salt but lately I don't see it too far from it.
>>
>>18583392
the freemasons are an ancient cult that practices secret and arcane arts. they work for the nights Templar. The masons commit mass acts of beastiality on a grand scale. They drink blood from cups. They also lock up young men who join, put them on estrogen and female hormones, and force them into horrific sexual practices. They are also the people who dress like Klingons and take it really seriously. Freemasons will often go into the bathroom together, as their is no secret handshake, it is a blow job. freemasons do not speak of what they do, as they would be persecuted, as most people frown on smoking crack, using an ouiji board to summon the spirit of a dead female into a Japanese silicone love doll, and gang banging it while it flops around. the money they give to charity is often use to fund massive coke parties. they are also not actually masons and none of them really build anything.
>>
>>18583935
I applaud such stupidity. Best one I've read in forever. Thanks for the laugh.
>>
File: exp.jpg (35KB, 423x454px) Image search: [Google]
exp.jpg
35KB, 423x454px
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-secret-group-freemasons-kept-6886802

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8713343/Freemasons-in-the-police-leading-the-attack-on-David-Camerons-riot-response.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6509916/Judges-no-longer-have-to-declare-Freemasonry.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/feb/04/david-cameron-freemasons-westminster

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-how-gangs-used-the-freemasons-to-corrupt-police-9054670.html
Bilderberg, set up in 1954 to 'Improve relations' between the EU and the US and masonry links
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3634797/The-global-gathering-rumoured-decide-EU-migration-President-World-s-elite-prepare-arrive-Bilderberg-annual-meeting-not-allowed-know-about.html
Paedophile Mason lodge, links to members of GCHQ (The GCHQ is basically a civillian monitoring station)
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/579523/Paedophile-Mason-lodge-GCHQ

https://www.rt.com/uk/341012-freemasons-propaganda-police-corruption/
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/did-corrupt-plymouth-policeman-tip-britain-s/story-20731744-detail/story.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/conservatives-at-the-heart-of-freemasonry-1580256.html
Masonry links to Tony Blair and the Iraq war. Which is now viewed as an Illegal war, started under false pretences
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1498217/Jews-and-Freemasons-controlled-war-on-Iraq-says-No-10-adviser.html

http://www.dw.com/en/italys-masonic-puppet-master-dead-at-96/a-18923482
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/26/newsid_4396000/4396893.stm
>>
>>18583922

Well, I was talking about the capitalist pyramid. It's one of the basic concepts of Freemasonry so I assumed by default that it's something that you accepted.

Basically, I want to know why you don't fear what the higher level Freemasons, the Rothschild family and ultimately Baphomet are going to do to you in the future and why you don't fear the increasing karma debt you are accumulating. You're shooting yourself in the foot. So I would like to understand this behaviour and if there's a chance of redemption for you.
>>
>>18583950
>http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/579523/Paedophile-Mason-lodge-GCHQ

Thank you for all those links. Good to know the link between GCHQ and Freemasonry.

Dump more links if you have please, I'm saving everything.
>>
For any freemasons in the thread I have a rather strange questioning.

Apart from secrecy, do they all share any other characteristic? Are all masons smart? are all masons wise? or good?
>>
>>18583958
Capitalist Pyramid is not taught as one of the basic concepts. I spent a lot of time working on ritual, and it is not in there as a main teaching.

Also, I do not fear the "Higher levels" and "Corruption" because it doesn't exist. Unless, you have some solid evidence for this.
>>
>>18583723
KofC here, nice try satan I know what you are up too. Taking in religions men and converting them to hedonism and worship of the morning star!
>>
>>18583979
>5

I actually do have solid evidence.

Look at the misery in the world, the fear, and the pollution. We cant even eat fish from the ocean because it's too toxic from the pollution. And everything is getting worse. That pollution is never going away.

And if you look at the lust of Freemasons above, Freemasons are seriously involved since most heads of state and CEOs are Freemason.

Their future plans are to be feared by every living being.
>>
>>18583978
Mason here, been here a while. Masons are from all walks of life. In fact, several presidents have been masons, my favorite being Teddy Roosevelt. Not everyone is a genius, or has a college degree. There's farmers, businessmen, college students (Me), all kinds of people. There is no perfect mason, but we are all in it, to work on bettering ourselves. Two of our "Jewels" are the rough ashlar, and the perfect ashlar. It's mentioned in ritual. As masons, we are rough ashlars, working on making ourselves into perfect ashlars. Just becoming better men. Improving ourselves and our community.
>>
>>18583986
That sounds more like an idea or opinion. I don't see any written facts or articles. Here where I live, we can in fact eat fish, our waters are polluted so heavily.
>>
>>18583984
Do explain. I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>18583593
May sound ridiculous to most but I think it's true

The Freemasons are a coverup for some truly heinous activities, part of the coverup is the fact that a lot of the low-level ones are just polite, respectable, charitable middle-class white men.
>>
>>18583997
You are playing the dumb card. Then there's no interesting answer to get from you at all. GTFO and goodbye.
>>
>>18584002
No idea myself, something some of the knights say, I just find it funny and lulz under my breath.
>>
>>18584006
That's most correct.

In fact most of those "respectable" type are those who failed the initiation rite and are kept as a coverup.

The truly evil ones, who passed the initiation rise in the rank. The iniation go from gross to truly abominable to test the limits of initiates. Those who have absolutely no moral limits become true Masons.
>>
>>18584022
What exactly is this initiation?
>>
>>18584017
What knights? Knights templar?
>>
>>18584025
Watch that episode of the simpsons
>>
>>18584008
I certainly am not. You're just a conspiracy nut. What do you want me to say?
>>
>>18584028
what episode friend
>>
>>18584028
You know that was a joke right? Stonecutters are fake.
>>
This thread became a train wreck
>>
Mason here. Going to a meeting. Willing to do an AMA afterwards. Will be quite a few hours. Ask away, I'll answer when I get home.
>>
>>18583572
I'm actually very opposed to Freemasonry, on account of the syncretism. They are very pro-Islam.
>>
>>18583958
>Well, I was talking about the capitalist pyramid
Back to /leftypol/ with you.
>>
>>18584030
He wants you to confirm his schizo theories, and he's upset that you aren't.
>>
>>18584027
knights of columbus,

the hardcore catholic knights.
>>
>>18583392
A long, long time ago, my babysitter's husband was actually a freemason. His name was George. Big fat guy, ham radio fanatic. I asked him the same question. He had the same answer. I wouldn't see why a guy like that would lie.
>>
MM here and some of these replies are absolutely fucking hilarious.
>>
>>18583392
>I then asked what they did that made them different and he laughed then said he couldn't talk about it.
He probably didn't know how to answer, and really thought it's a charity group.

It's a philosophical society. The kind of place where you can benefit from a classical education and discuss science and esoteric knowledge.

>>18583593
>invited
Nope.

>>18583703
>Got raised at 18
Brofist. Had my petition voted on before I even turned 18, glad there are others like that out there.

>>18583978
All Masons *should* share a desire for knowledge and to do good.

>>18584827
But it isn't syncretic, nor pro-Islam. So it's all good?
>>
>>18584650
Yo, I'm back. 3rd degrees are always super long. Felt like I was going to fall asleep during the lecture.
>>
>>18585830
Also, probably going to bed. I'll check the thread in the morning. Hopefully it's alive. I love conspiracy theories.
>>
>>18585830
Wait until you do the Royal Arch. Five long arse lectures in a row. Very difficult.
>>
>>18583392
I know Masons and have considered joining but decided against it since it's basically just a men's club for networking with dress up days and fundraising which you pay about $350 for per year. There are some offshoots and orders within Masonry that may have more mercenary and malevolent agendas but that would be the case in any large organization such as the Church. You've got the local normie Church with Sunday service and then you've got the Vaitcan where the power brokers play. As for their occult knowledge, it's nothing you can't find online or in books. The Masons I know are really average people, some even below average seeking some external validation through fancy handshakes and codewords. It's actually kinda cringey when you realize how mundane it is, which is why I decided it wasn't worth the fees. You'll find more interesting material on deepweb than you ever will in a Masonic library.
>>
>>18585859
Also, you might run into some sects that are into the the whole spirit cooking molech worship theatrics, but again, it's basically a bunch of mental infants trying to be edgy. Very cringey. You'd think that if they were actually able to derive any power from their rituals they would have been able to beat Donald Trump, but they got destroyed didn't they? Because it's a bunch of self-masturbatory faggotry and nothing more.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L3eVeWzjew
>>
>>18585867
>they would have been able to beat Donald Trump
Are you taking the piss, or are you actually this misguided?
>>
>>18585888
He's not that difficult to beat, not for me anyway. For normal folks like you or the Masons I guess it would be impossible, rituals or not.
>>
>>18585888
Actually, all they would have had to do to beat Trump was nominate Bernie or some half-respectable candidate instead of literally the most corrupt politician to ever run. Trump only won because he was up against an incredibly weak candidate with no charisma plus loads baggage and failing health to slow her down. Just goes to show how retarded these so-called "illuminated" ones are.
>>
>>18585895
Masons supported Trump you blind imbecile.
>>
>>18585906
Show me the endorsement announcement.
>>
>>18585911
Oh I got dubs, 911. That validates my comment doesn't it? Aren't you Masons big into number magic and nonsense like that? "Muh 33 degrees."
>>
>>18585906
By the way, if you knew anything about Masons or are one yourself, you'd know that Obama was declared and honorary Mason. So you mean to tell me the same people who honor Obama as one of their own supported Trump/? Give me a break pleb.
>>
>>18585911
Freemasonry doesn't discuss politics. There would never be such an endorsement.
Doesn't negate that 99% of members support Trump because he was the preferred candidate.

>>18585918
>That validates my comment doesn't it?
No, you'd have to go to /v/ or /pol/ to believe shit that stupid.
>Aren't you Masons big into number magic
No not really. People claim we are for some reason, though. Seems like projecting.
>>
>>18585920
>Obama was declared and honorary Mason.
Yea, not true. But I'm guessing truth isn't something you're fussed with.
>>
>>18585925
He was and all the members of my lodge are aware of it. They even slipped a little subliminal Masonic ring in a particular photo related to Obama but I guess you can't be bothered to do any research about it at your local lodge.
>>
>>18585937
>He was and all the members of my lodge are aware of it.
Pretending to be a member now?
>They even slipped a little subliminal Masonic ring in a particular photo related to Obama
Then you'd have no problem showing it, and saying to which jurisdiction/lodge he belongs.
>>
>>18583398
This troll. kek
>>
>>18585942
Not pretending to be a member. I'd never join such an embarrassing organization. What would I tell people? I go play dungeons and dragons with a bunch of grown men every week? Anyway, I'm not going to reach through your screen and Google it for it. It's really not that hard. And how am I supposed to give you a lodge number when he was made an HONORARY Mason and not an official one? Anyway my point is, Masons are a bunch of pretentious man-children and to pay to be a part of that is just SAD. Goodnight.
>>
>>18585957
>Not pretending to be a member.
> >>18585937 my lodge

>It's really not that hard.
It is when it doesn't exist.

>And how am I supposed to give you a lodge number when he was made an HONORARY Mason and not an official one
Maybe you should look up what being an honourary member entails? Protip: He'd be an honourary member of a particular lodge in a particular sovereign jurisdiction (state).

>Goodnight
You got BTFO so hard you're taking your ball and going home?
>>
>>18585966
OK retard. Let me spell it out for you. "My LOCAL lodge" as in the one I visit from time to time as a welcomed friend but am not a member of. Now Google "Obama Masonic Ring". And yes, it's late and I'm not going to waste time on a child who doesn't even know how to do a Google Image search so GOODNIGHT.
>>
>>18585973
>Now Google "Obama Masonic Ring"
Done so. Found nothing legit.
If you had evidence, you would have posted it, rather than being a weaselly bitch.

But aye, goodnight old boy. Go to bed in shame, reeking of bullshit.
>>
Why so many conspiracy theories about the Masons? Is it because they do shit in secret? Literally nothing they do has any compelling evidence of their being a god so it really doesn't matter what they do
>>
>>18585979
Hey. I'm not the guy you've been talkin to but I searched and did find a picture of a mason placing the Presidential seal. You can see his Masonic ring through the shadow. idk man, that seems like a masony illuminati thing to do to try to send a message without being too obvious like that.
>>
>>18585986
Low hanging fruit.

>>18585987
Which pic? And is it actually his ring, not something photoshopped or where it "might" be said ring if you squint real hard?
>>
>>18585986
They have seeecwet handshakes and codewords and rituals and flashy bling blang blong which dazzles the sheeple into thinking they're gods. oh, want to be in on it? just pay a recurring fee! simple marketing. I think that's why you get all these idiot conspiracy theories making it out to be something bigger than it is. its a giant ruse.
>>
>>18585986
>Why so many conspiracy theories about the Masons?
Because people are afraid of what they don't know. Even if they can know it. The Vatican and Leo Taxil took advantage of that and invented a tonne of conspiracies, which even though they admitted it was all a laugh, persist to this day thanks to people not reading.
>>
>>18585989
"Obama Masonic Ring" 1st amd 2nd pics. Not photoshopped. Was from a magazine or something.
>>
>>18585992
Yea, i know the one you mean. Where it's just some hands in darkness. Again, it *could* be that if you squint. But there's also the matter of why he's never been seen wearing it elsewhere, and there aren't any records of him as a member, since normally shit like that is advertised to the moon and back.
>>
>>18586010
They wouldn't advertise it. He already had the birther issue going and didn't need any more conspiracies to deal with. Common sense. If anything, it will be revealed quietly down the road.
>>
>>18586015
>They wouldn't advertise it
You're joking, right? Have you not seen the thousands of websites, books, flyers, posters, etc., all advertising Masonic celebrities, and especially presidents. Ford was the last member to be president.
>>
>>18586019
Oh you must be right then. I'm sure Obama would've loved having all of his opponents know he was a Mason and I'm sure Masonry would've loved to be associated with gun-grabbing, anti free speech, communist policies and the funding of "moderate rebels" that almost led to WW3 via Obama...there was MUCH more to lose in this case by announcing it than just keeping it an inside secret. I can't see any benefit from advertising such a thing but if whatever man. If you don't get it there isn't much more I can say.
>>
>>18586033
You're assuming that conspiritards are the majority. Protip: They aren't. Hell, you could bet he'd want to be associated with shit like the Shrine Hospitals when pushing Obamacare.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484175444635.jpg (32KB, 435x599px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484175444635.jpg
32KB, 435x599px
Kek, waking up to Obama being a mason. What a load of horseshit. Unless you can pull a lodge number and state out of your ass I won't believe it. Even then it would have to be approved by grand lodge. All these conspiracy nuts.
>>
>>18585839
Assuming you're a brother. What lodge are you from? I already posted my dues card above.
>>
>>18586662
>dat pic
Love it. Will get some mileage out of it.

>>18586667
I prefer to remain anonymous. But i will say that in my jurisdiction, we don't have dues cards, we have MM patents. And that i've done nearly all the appendant degrees possible. Only a few elude me due to distance.
>>
How big of a secret are Freemasons?

They got a building out in the open where I live.
>>
"The papacy in Rome is the greatest tyranny the world has ever seen"

Said during the 32nd Degree.
>>
>>18586662
Its been said in the family that one of my uncles is/was a freemason. There is also a lodge right across the street from me. How do I go about becoming a member?
>>
>>18586750
Go ask them.

>>18586748
http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/ovoo_r32e.html
Where?
>>
>>18586769
Valley of Louisville

I heard it when I went through and also saw it in print when I worked on the stage crew.
>>
>>18586750
Go ask basically. They should have a dinner or something before their meetings. You could attend that and ask any questions you have.
>>
>>18583392
There are various Freemasons. The oldest of which are the Knights Templar, who were aligned with the Jesuits, Stone Masons, and Knights who served the many Kings and the Pope during the Crusades and then after. The Templars split into two final factions: The Templars, and the Freemasons.

Later, in the UK, a new group called Freemasons of the York Rite started, and gave the King of England a Key.

After the colonies were made in America, the Scottish Rite took part in developing a group of powerful men. Since the American Revolution, the ties between Scottish and York are fairly loose, but each are basically gentlemen's clubs.

The most powerful, no joke occultists are aligned with the Swiss based Freemasons, those who split away from the Knights Templar.

tl;dr
common rural branches have members from local government and commerce, and play pretend Freemason.
>>
>>18587135
>The most powerful, no joke occultists are aligned with the Swiss based Freemasons, those who split away from the Knights Templar.

How do you know this?
>>
>>18586741
all low tier secret societies are just fakes set up by the true aristocrats to suppress and dull down the proles.

unless you've actually got large amounts of wealth and political power, you are no use to anyone.
>>
Look at all these conspiracy lunatics
>>
>>18585146
I believe George Washington discouraged the use of the name of Christ in prayers for fear of insulting Muslim Freemasons. But, I could be wrong. And by syncretism, I mean a melding of all religions. The use of the term "Grand Architect" in place of any one name for God would be syncretism, would it not? Correct me if I'm wrong about your practices.
>>
>>18586784
You might have to take a scan of your monitor then, because none of the ones I've seen, SJ or NMJ, mention that.

>>18587135
>The oldest of which are the Knights Templar
Nah, KT is one of the later degrees. 1750s at earliest.
>in the UK, a new group called Freemasons of the York Rite started
"York Rite" is an American invention, largely from the Antients. Everyone else just has it normal.
>no joke occultists are aligned with the Swiss based Freemasons,
Which ones? Grand Alpina are the only legit ones, and they still work the RER and KT degrees.
>>
>>18587377
>I believe George Washington discouraged the use of the name of Christ in prayers for fear of insulting Muslim Freemasons.
Nah. George was never in a real position of power in lodge anyway.
>And by syncretism, I mean a melding of all religions.
It doesn't do that, though. There's no mention of religion at all.
>The use of the term "Grand Architect" in place of any one name for God would be syncretism, would it not?
Also nope, but a lot of people make that mistake. Grand Architect is no different for a non-sectarian term than God instead of YHVH, Vishnu, Dagda, or whatever particular name your faith gives to the deity.
>>
>>18583392
666 degree mason here.Just finished sacrificing one gorillion babies and drinking their blood ama.
>>
>>18587400
Ah. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
File: Rustlin'_time.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rustlin'_time.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>18587429
>one gorillion
At last the true god of Freemasonry is revealed.
>>
>>18587454
Delete your post right now.
>>
>>18583607
Could you post pictures of your ring?
Asking from pure interest
>>
Freemason was a secret society that conquered the world.

That was in the late 1700s.

Since then they had the same problems all winners have -- they fragmented and fell apart and started going to war with each other.

That's what the Texas Revolution was -- five separate groups of Freemasons fighting for supremacy.

After the American Civil War completely split the group into pieces it became a sort of old guys social club, which is what it remains to this day.

Up until about the time of LBJ you still had to be a Freemason to have political power, though it really didn't mean much. WW2 and LBJ swept that away.
>>
>>18587377
>discouraged the use of the name of Christ
Why would Muslims even care?
Islam believes in Jesus Christ and that he was the Messiah, they even believe he will return on Judgement day.
If anyone, then the Jews have a problem with Jesus, go spread your /x/-fag conspiracy stupidity on them.
>>
File: 20170201_122859.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170201_122859.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I found this symbol in my college's bookstore. Tell me, /x/, is my school run by freemasons?
>>
>>18589344
No, but they might have dedicated something there
>>
>>18585859
>normie church
Now you're a man I can get behind
>>
File: 20170202_110211.jpg (990KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_110211.jpg
990KB, 2560x1536px
>>18588818
Sure, here it is. Just a simple one, nothing fancy.
>>
>>18583777
i've heard something similar before: "we can't even decide if we eat turkey or tuna sandwiches after the meetings"
>>
File: ceasejests.jpg (32KB, 319x340px) Image search: [Google]
ceasejests.jpg
32KB, 319x340px
>>18583935

fucking kek
>>
>>18583853
Kek
>>
Read Albert Pike's Morels and Dogma . You'll get the picture of what the higher order Mason's are all about ! The rest of the member's are just the many fingers of the hand .
>>
>>18592444
>You'll get the picture of what the higher order Mason's are all about
M&D is just an opinion piece about one appendant degree, applicable only in part of the USA. Beyond the Craft gives you a much better idea about the "higher orders."
>>
>>18583392
Lol my brother bought one of their rings on Amazon but he didn't know what it was until I told him. I wouldn't worry about your professor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBZKaDUmfs
>>
>>18583567
Cept that whole raping the rainbow girls thing... you know in tulsa... in the big room... with the glyphs everywhere.
>>
>>18583607
t.When low level masons don't get told the truth
>>
>>18583392
Is this what you wanted me to find? Should I go to Eden (Park)?
>>
>>18583392
wikipedia :v bro.
>>
>>18583593
>They are invited to join when they have something to offer to other members.
No Masons are like this, they won't let you join if you think this ks what it's about.
>>
>>18595910
When conspiracy nuts think they know it all.
>>
>>18595910
You. You have the answer I seek. Please, I simply want an answer at this point. It is too difficult to bruteforce 'faith', I need a guiding hand.
>>
>>18595994
It's a fact. You don't know the truth in the lower degrees.
That's been documented by your kin.
>the goat joke is just a joke
You're well and truly under a spell there kid.
>>
>>18595997
Freemasons are dedicated to the spawn of satan from the garden of eden.
>>
>>18596015
Why are there Seventeenth avenues?
>>
>>18596025
>Seventeenth avenues
I'm not sure what you're referring to m8.
>>
>>18596042
Would it be a bonza place?
>>
>>18589669
Where is the timestamp and "for 4chan".
>>
>>18596161
Ill do it again. Hold on.
>>
File: 20170204_134100.jpg (883KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_134100.jpg
883KB, 2560x1536px
Timestamped
>>
>>18596263
What if the ring is fake and you are just kidding?

What grade are you??? If i remember well you start worshiping Satan at 33°.
>>
>>18596384
There are no fake rings. It's is real gold, though the stone is cheap. Anyways, I don't care about that. There is no Satan worshipping. How many times must this be explained? The 32nd and 33rd degrees were explained earlier by real Masons. There are no grades, but there are degrees. Nothing is higher than the 3rd degree, the degree of Master Mason. Anything higher is optional. Please do read the thread.
>>
>>18596409
How can you know that if you're still in college and the whole point is you don't get to know unless you're enlightened enough?
>>
>>18596409
Oh sorry i didnt read this: >>18594350

Thanks.
>>
>>18596413
I joined a ton earlier than most people. Everyone back to my great great grandfather have been Masons. I would have waited until I was older, but I my grandpa is getting on in age, and I gave him the best thing I could and he got to participate in my third degree. My grandfather is a 32nd and if there was any sort of evil going on, he wouldn't have supported me joining. It's not all about power, there's very little of that. It's about making connections with people personally, making friends, family. There's no satanism I assure you. What do you mean by enlightened? The whole point of joining is to become "enlightened" Heck, it's even in ritual. You surely are misguided.
>>
>>18596434
I bought my ring from a jewelry store owned by a Mason from my lodge. If that means anything. I've already posted my dues card with timestamp earlier. I'm not "playing pretend"
>>
>>18596445
It's a known fact that the real truths are hidden though.
There are sub meanings to the stuff you will be learning, the books you read as part of your path.
I see the logic of keeping most members in the dark for networking purposes so the allure is there.

I'm willing to believe what you are saying from your status there but don't be surprised if you learn some real truths later down the line.
>>
it's literally just a social job. You put enough asshats in the same room and eventually two or three of them will "conspire" for a position on city council or some dumb shit.
>>
>>18596449
Hey if I am not mistaken you said you were a Master Mason in California. My grandfather was a freemason for many years 20+ and I believe he had a high role back while he was attending. If I told you his role would you tell me about it?
>>
>>18596460
Sure there is stuff I don't know, it's all esoteric. I haven't go through the rest of the degrees yet, and won't for a while. I don't have the time right now, but it's just a continuation of what I learned in the first 3 degrees. Every person takes something different from Masonry, it's up to the person to interpret it how they want, and apply it to their lives. Though from my knowledge, it's all been positive.
>>
As far as i know, they are satanists... but only the higher degrees are aware of that .... I do not trust them at all ...taking into consideration that they are all too occult and weird.
>>
>>18596469
Sure. Do you mean he was an officer in a lodge?
>>
>>18596474
There's no satanism. If you want to know what the lessons in Masonry really revolve around look up King Solomon's Temple. It's just fear of the unknown that comes up with all these wacky theories.
>>
>>18596449
Well, i doubt it.
There is something wrong with you openly showing it. Its like they are trying to show that they dindu nuffin by letting the "lowies" (more like the ones that serve as fillers) show off their cards and rings.
>>
>>18596472
What faith were you before you joined? If you don't mind me asking.
>>
>>
>>18583779
That's not Freemasons.
>>
>>18596475
WM Bro or W Bro mean anything?
>>
File: Manly_Hall.jpg (36KB, 585x466px) Image search: [Google]
Manly_Hall.jpg
36KB, 585x466px
These quote are from people who outrank/ed you and part of the teachings of freemasonry.
>>
>>18596482
He was Worshipful Master. That means he went through all the chairs. So basically he had to memorize all the roles of the different officers when doing degrees and opening and closing lodge. The usual order is Junior Steward, Senior Steward, Junior Deacon, Senior Deacon, Junior Warden Senior Warden, then Worshipful Master. It just means that he sort of ran the lodge for the year. He handled meetings and met with upcoming candidates, various things. It takes a few years to get there if you go through each individual chair. A year per station. Usually you can skip Stewards if Junior Deacon is open. Now, just because he was WM doesn't mean that he had more power than anyone else. Everyone is equal inside a lodge. He just handled extra stuff.

>>18596484
Ask any Mason, I'm sure they'd be glad to show you their card. Also, do try to better inform yourself. Don't read the internet hogwash.

>>18596485
Predominantly Christian, though I don't go to church or anything. I'd say I like to take bits and pieces from various religions and live by that. I don't really identify as one strongly. Though I do believe in a higher power. My parents are Christian so that's what i write down.

>>18596509
Worshipful Master. After they do a year in that chair then they can be called by Worshipful (insert name) if they do choose. It's just a fancy title. Doesn't make them better, just shows that they have more experience. There's also Past Master, which is anyone who was previously a Worshipful Master.
>>
>>18596520
Thank you I really appreciate it.
>>
>>18596520
Knew that you have to believe in a god to join. So wondered who your first one was. Thanks
>>
>>18596520
>Ask any Mason, I'm sure they'd be glad to show you their card. Also, do try to better inform yourself. Don't read the internet hogwash.
I have next door neighbour mason. He is been told that heros (prócer in my language) were mason. "Being mason is really good".
And i really doubt he will show me anything.

No one will admit doing wrong.
>>
>>18596527
What do you mean first one?
>>
>>18596535
Your god will change. They get people in saying they can worship or believe in any god, that changes.
Part of the god that changes is you start to see yourself as a god in your own life.
>>
>>18596511
Also, that book was written in 1923. Hall did not become a Mason until 1954, so what he wrote about our ritual and such, was just speculation and assumption. Not fact. So you can take that quote with a grain of salt.
>>
>>18596542
You know this how? You don't even seem to be a Mason. So I wouldn't go spreading false information.
>>
My dads a Mason but he doesn't like talking about it so
>>
>>18596581
Probably because you're not supposed to talk about specifics with non Masons.
>>
File: horus.jpg (11KB, 270x189px) Image search: [Google]
horus.jpg
11KB, 270x189px
>>18596527

You have to believe in a Supreme Being to become a Mason.
>>
File: supremebeeingIamIam.jpg (475KB, 601x778px) Image search: [Google]
supremebeeingIamIam.jpg
475KB, 601x778px
>>18596710

Supreme beeing; get it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

Have a bad joke symbol.
>>
>>18596000
>You don't know the truth in the lower degrees.
Says who?

>>18596384
>If i remember well you start worshiping Satan at 33°.
Naw senpai, that's the 69th degree.

>>18596460
>It's a known fact that the real truths are hidden though.
You didn't even read that book, did you?

>>18596511
>outrank
>Freemasonry

>>18596592
Sure you can. Just not the secrets.
>>
>>18596000 (You)
>You don't know the truth in the lower degrees.
Says who?

>>18596511 (You)
>outrank
>Freemasonry

SEE
>>18596491
Freemasonry has ranks. Why don't you realise that already?
>>
>>18596739
Meant for you ^
>>
>>18596758
>SEE
A fake quote? What about it?
>Freemasonry has ranks. Why don't you realise that already?
Because i know better? Degrees =/= ranks. Why don't you realise that?
>>
Lot of loyalty for an old mans drinking club.
>>
>>18596790
It's not a fake quote
Degrees are still ranks no matter how you spin it.

give (someone or something) a rank or place within a grading system.

You aren't privy to the secrets your higher level masons are.
>>
What does one do if he is little more than a computer? I sign the book: ?
>>
>>18596805
>It's not a fake quote
Find it in a book, then.
>Degrees are still ranks
They specifically aren't. Ranks are ranks, degrees are degrees.
>You aren't privy to the secrets your higher level masons are.
Could be. But that's like saying that 1st year medical students aren't privy to the "secrets" of 2nd year medical students.
Learning is best done in order.
>>
Kek, the conspiracy theorists are back taking quotes without the whole context from people who weren't talking about the main part of Masonry.
>>
File: 20170204_171237-1.jpg (2MB, 2236x2236px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_171237-1.jpg
2MB, 2236x2236px
>>18596384
>>18596434
I'm going to ignore the fact that there's a high chance you might be shitposting and just respond anyways. Consider this your (You).

Here's a picture of his ring to prove it but as you can tell, it's not a genuine ring. He bought this ring from Cavilerv Jewelers' Amazon distributor without realizing that it had anything to do with Freemasons. I was suggesting that perhaps OP's professor bought a ring without really knowing/belonging to the club since it's so simple to buy a ring with their symbol. OP never provided a picture of the ring so I wasn't sure what kind of ring his professor had.
>>
>>18596885
>it's not a genuine ring.
Why not? It has the S&C on it.
>>
>>18596893
Well maybe it is genuine, I'm not really sure anymore. I don't really know much about Freemasons so I wasn't sure if they considered rings sold by other distributors as genuine but maybe they licensed their rings to Cavalier Jewelers or something. They do have a large variety of their rings on their website.
>>
>>18596933
Rings aren't actually Masonic regalia or anything. Anyone can make and sell them. Hell, that's true of anything Masonic, including regalia. The only restriction is that in lodge, regalia has to meet certain designs, but no one cares who made it. That's why most places get cheap and shitty stuff from Pakistan now.
TKS comes close to being the "official" manufacturer for England, but that just means they get first dibs on anything bought by the UGL itself.
>>
File: 1483541585112.png (600KB, 1023x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1483541585112.png
600KB, 1023x1053px
>>18596885

Don't wear a tungsten ring; ever. The metal is harder than steel. If you ever break or injure your finger, and it swells up, it becomes impossible to cut off and the only choice is to cut off the finger due to lack of circulation.
>>
>>18596955
Fuck you're right. I just looked it up on Google and that shit is terrifying. It's not my ring but now I'm afraid for my brother especially since he's always busting his finger at work.
>>
>>18583398

Obviously sun made of grape
>>
How are masons related to worship of saturn there seems to be some tie in
>>
>>18596955

Yeah as an EMT I'm gonna call bullshit.
>>
>>18596955
then use titanium to cut it off.
>>
>>18595827
What is this, I live in Tulsa
>>
>>18596955
Literally one google search proves you retarded.
Yes. You cannot cut off a tungsten carbide ring. You need to crack it off. It's faster and easier than cutting off a ring.
>>
>>18597255

The average emergency room won't have one, and they won't be able to take you to one if you get in a car accident or are otherwise injured and are unable to leave the hospital.
>>
>>18583870
Iowafag here, grew up around Belmond. Care to say more anon? Very interested, may have a connection there; my great grandfather ran a bank in the area as well.

Think there's still a lodge in one of the Main Street buildings in Clarion after the old lodge building got bought by some Mexicans and turned into a church and let the building go to shit lol
>>
>>18583392
My father's a freemason. He goes there every Wednesday night, it mostly seems like an old man's club (I've met some of his mason friends). They mostly just talk about history and shiet.
>>
>>18583607

you are defending that cult. but u know who your ppl are...
>>
>>18583742
so how much is the fee and can you sponsor me

I like the idea of volunteer work and being part of a brother hood.
>>
>>18599113
Do you live in California? We have a dinner on the 14th at 6:30. You could come and meet some members, learn more about it.
>>
>>18598934
It's not a cult. A cult is a much smaller group. We are the world's largest and oldest fraternity. Going on 300 years this year.
>>
>>18599305
Also, the yearly dues starting this year are I believe 143? Which, I know is a bit for some people. You pay your initial fee to cover your three degrees, which I believe was 200? I'm not sure on that. It covers your application and everything, one time fee. Then it's dues every year to stay in good standing. There are other lodges near here that are cheaper. Though, best to not worry about cost right now, and see if Masonry is for you before you put down any money. I personally had my dad and grandpa aid me in paying for my dues and that, though I am going to pay them back.
>>
>>18599308

you decide to deliver your soul in the hand of evil ... the good path for the wise is better, is light and life... you can always look at it.

Stop doing that things to humanity, there will be no forgiveness in the end of the game.
>>
>>18599334
Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. Masonry is about light. You keep asking for some big secret, but there isn't one.
>>
>>18599334
Schizo leave
>>
>>18599345

you posses light indeed but a dark one. also you posses ancient knowledge but is hidden from people, a dark knowledge of evil, domination and corruption... people dont need "your secret" ... You are right, it is not a secret now... people is waking up, the Spirit is rising above, end is near and it is unstopable. Home (true love and knowledge) will always be there for you son you just have to breath and listen to my voice
>>
File: keepcalmdharma.jpg (13KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
keepcalmdharma.jpg
13KB, 236x305px
>>18599468
Apocalyptic but fair.
>>
>>18599468
Did you take your meds this morning?
>>
>>18596758
This post pissed me off. Ctrl F-ing my own posts with the (You) thing.
>>
File: 3_all_masons_have_a_goat.jpg (30KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
3_all_masons_have_a_goat.jpg
30KB, 400x258px
love for the secret goat.
>>
>>18599523
I know, right?

If only people would be more direct.

Maybe you should attend the communication class being demonstrated today at the Unseen University. Would you like me to show you the way?
>>
>>18583853
Illuminati vermin begone.
>>
>>18599468
>you posses light
>but a dark one
This is some modern Bioware writing here.

>>18599524
>Orange sashes
Now that's risque.
>>
Bump for science
>>
Keeping this alive. It's a good thread.
>>
My grandpa has been a 32nd mason for over 50 years. He is nothing more than a hard working farmer, spent 2 years in Korea and manages his money REALLY well. When he speaks people shut up and listen, he possesses a level of respect to and from people that I could only dream to have.
>>
This may be true, may be bullshit

One day I was with my friends and the topic of the Masons came up. I had joked around saying I'd like to join them. But one of my friends said I shouldn't joke about that.

he was super religious, and home schooled till he was 15.

He said his grandfather, and I assume his father as well, was a mason, I say "was" because he "quit" or maybe he failed something.

Anyway my friend overheard his grandfather say he had a change of heart about the Masons when in some ritual he was forced to have sex with a statue.

My friend didn't say what the statue was of, but his grandfather just couldn't do it because it was "sinful"

Like I said, could be real could be bullshit.
>>
>>18596798
Exactly
>>
>>18601035
There is no "sex with a statue" at all. I never experienced anything like that when I went through the degrees.
>>
>>18601051
Well like I said it could be bullshit

But my friend looked dead serious, iir he said "they forced him to have sex with a statue or something"

But he was certain a statue was involved

He didn't say what rite or degree he was, nor what age he was or what year it took place.

All I can garountee is he was a member of a lodge in the north west Chicago suburbs, and he's from a very wealthy community.

That's about all the experience I've had with the Masons, there's also a Masonic Lodge about a 3 minute drive from my house. It looks abandoned.
>>
>>18601051
>>18601069
I should also mention his grandfather was, quote "disgusted with what they wanted him to do"

Like I mentioned they are a super religious family, and it must have been pretty bad if he described it as "sinful"
>>
>>18583935

The shrillbots are getting fiesty
>>
>>18596855
>>18596805

I've read this quote in an old copy of morals and dogma in a used book store. didn't buy it because it's was a couple hundred bucks
>>
>>18601121
Yea, exactly. People ignore the context. They just see "Lucifer" and stop reading, then declare it must be evil.

>>18601069
>But he was certain a statue was involved
Yea, people make up all kinds of crap.
>>
>>18583392
NWO is real
>>
File: 1472613454693.gif (336KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472613454693.gif
336KB, 200x200px
I had an uncle who joined the Masons briefly at the urging of one of his business colleagues. He said it was a bunch of guys who did charity work, prayed, and just reveled in their "secret" vaguely occult-themed initiation rites and all that. He got bored and thought the guys at the lodge he joined were a bunch of losers who had no real lives outside of their little club. The ones you should really fear are E Clampus Vitus, the Clampers. I remember one night when I was a teenager in a small California town they had a couple new recruits getting initiated, and for whatever reason their initiation involved a whole bunch of them running around drunk in varying states of undress and just generally being a nuisance. They had a donkey. It wasn't malicious or anything, just a bunch of drunk guys in their underwear running around playing practical jokes on people and leading a donkey around downtown. They identify themselves as "either a historical society that drinks together or a drinking society that share an interest in history" and their motto is literally "I believe it because it is absurd." I don't think they're bad guys or suspicious or anything, but they're the ones who are most likely to get involved in your life if you live in the Western US. They do dumb shit like this all the time just because they can, like a chaotic neutral Kiwanis Club.
>>
I love freemason threads because its always a war between people who have actually joined it, understand it and know its nothing really mysterious; and people who literally know nothing about it but insist its a devil worshiping conspiracy
Its really fun
>>
>>18603722
Mason here, and I love the things people think goes on.
>>
File: pavement apes.jpg (66KB, 448x790px) Image search: [Google]
pavement apes.jpg
66KB, 448x790px
>>18603722
>>18603964
Another thing is how it's always in all lower case, like the person is slumped over, drooling, and just barely capable of applying enough pressure to the keys to type.
Makes me read it in a monotone voice with a little lisp to it.
>>
>>18589344
IS MY SCHOOL RUN BY MASONS OR NOT /X/
>>
What even are the circumstances that one is approached to join?
>>
>>18605584
When a fake lodge is wanting to scam someone.
Otherwise none. You have to petition, otherwise you're not ready to be a Mason.
>>
>>18605624
And any man can petition as long as they pay the dues and meet the additional aforementioned criteria such as believing in a supreme being?
>>
>>18605628
Yup. Freeborn and of good report are the only other requirements.
>>
>>18605636
Interesting. I can't help but wonder why people would go through the trouble to join the Freemason's public facing organization if all they want to do is volunteer work. I can't imagine that anyone merely joining the public facing organization would have any chance in Hell or Heaven at finding out what certain groups within the organization are doing. So why join? Is it because the public network has pull to do different volunteer work? Is it access to the social network which could boost one's career?
>>
>>18597249
I've lived in a nice, quiet city (Santa Monica) my whole life before finding out it had its own cult (Synanon) that was responsible for missing persons.

Point is: you never know, even when it's right under your nose.
>>
>Be a Blue Lodge porch-Mason
>LOL GUYS IT'S JUST A SOCIAL CLUB

every thread proch masins being salty about being literally so useless they never get actually initiated into the esoteric aspects of the craft
>>
>>18605642
>I can't help but wonder why people would go through the trouble to join the Freemason's public facing organization if all they want to do is volunteer work.
Beats the hell out of me. If anyone tells me they want to join to do charity work, I (politely) tell them that Lions and Rotary would be better suited to doing so.
>Is it access to the social network which could boost one's career?
Nope. Attempting to join for mercenary gain, or attempting to extort it after becoming a member is grounds for expulsion.

>>18605815
>esoteric aspects of the craft
That is literally all of it. By definition.
>>
>>18605815
Dude, blue lodge is Masonry. Anything extra after that is optional. Blue lodge is recognized worldwide. Scottish/York Rite is mostly in America. There's no big "secret" do some research and stop believing lies.
>>
>>18583607
If you are still around, I am a member of the Redding masonic Lodge and a mere entered apprentice and would love to move up in my degrees. I have lacked motivation however, perhaps I could receive your assistance.
>>
>>18605943
Redding. That's awesome. Do you have the little book that has what to memorize?
>>
>>18605943
Also, if you'd like to, we're having our monthly meeting next Tuesday.
>>
>>18605959
Yeah, I have all of my handbooks and such somewhere, not on me as I'm new to at my home at the moment. I don't have a dues slip though for proof, as an entered apprentice doesn't have to make them.
>>
>>18605965
Is it at 6 like usual? Also, is the majority of your lodge older gentleman, the Redding lodge is getting well into a majority of seniors, I'm only 27.
>>
>>18605968
>>18605975
I do believe you pay dues as an EA in California. Might have to check me on it. Our dinner is at 6:30 then meeting at 7:30. We open on EA for business. So you're free to join. We're giving a 50 year pin and doing some other stuff. Not sure what the policy on that is, I've never seen one. I'm quite new myself. Oh, and one of our members will be giving a Fellowcraft proficiency. So you'll be asked to step outside for that, but it should only be 10 minutes. I'd love to meet someone from another lodge if you can make it. Though, it will be a longish night. It is mostly an older crowd except for me, and one other. That doesn't mean it's boring though, quite a few are very interesting guys.
>>
>>18606017
If I can make it I would be happy to meet some new people. When I joined I was told I didn't have to pay dues, perhaps it's just the rules at our Lodge. How would I go about proving that I belong to a lodge? I really need the motivation to further my studies and get back I to attending, I joined like 7 years ago.
>>
>>18599777
Checked
>>
>>18606060
Study your handbook. You'd have to probably give the sign and token. You do remember those right? I'm fairly sure you'd be able to attend. If you can't go to the meeting, you can still go to the dinner. Meet people. I don't know all the regulations, but you can for sure attend the dinner.
>>
>>18605781
>missing persons
Synanon ultimately became the Church of Synanon in the 1970s, and disbanded permanently in 1991 [1] due to many criminal activities, including attempted murder of which members were convicted, and legal problems, including losing its tax free status retroactively with the Internal Revenue Service due to financial misdeeds, destruction of evidence and terrorism.[2][3] It has been called one of the "most dangerous and violent cults America had ever seen." [2]

Interesting, didnt know about this place.
>>
>>18606088
I have to admit I'm a bit rusty on signs. I have my token though, unless you mean a non tansential token then I don't recall that. This could be fun, I'll definitely try to make it and I'll try to Orion out the details from the Chico site.
>>
>>18606160
Well, show up if you can, and do your best. Even if you're not allowed in the meeting, you can attened dinner. I'm the Senior Steward, youngest guy there. Shouldn't be hard to spot. I'd love to see you there.
>>
>>18606160
Also, I mean the token you were intrusted with during your initiation. Its simple enough. Heck, even I can't think of the special secret word for Entered Apprentice right now, so don't feel bad. I'd be glad to help you learn the work when I have time. Get you back into it and get you through your degrees.
>>
>>18606196
>>18606201
Fantastic. I'm pretty sure I remember the sign, my token must be somewhere. I would very much like to get back into the practice and meet others. I appreciate your communicating with me. I do hope I am able to attend.
>>
>>18606238
Awesome, hope to see you. Also, the token isn't a physical object, you can Google it, since I'm not obligated to outright say it.
>>
>>18583392
A mason should be a ma's son.
A mason should be a ma's sun.

Siriusly
>>
>>18606484
What?
>>
>>18606476
Woops, I feel dumb, I know my token. Appolgies.
>>
Why does the Church hate the masons if they are just a harmless fraternity thing?
>>
>>18605968
You'd just have to contact your secretary for the equivalent if you're planning on moving lodge, or going back to one you haven't been to in a while.
They might get you to do your EA degree again.

>>18606160
>I have to admit I'm a bit rusty on signs.
Not a worry. Having your name on the books is a more important proof.

>>18606782
They did the laziest possible investigation and came to the wrong conclusion that Masonry was a potential rival.
>>
They gotta be doing something weird to get on the catholic church's shitlist
>>
>>18583392
>Can someone here tell me about the freemasons?

Just normal bourgeoise people, but they think other people can do whatever they want if they're freemasons too.

They just need some self criticism.
>>
>>18608711
"Oy vey, they're taking away from our shekels!"
That's the main concern the Catholics have. Guarantee it.
>>
>>18609177
If history is correct, then that is 110% true. Catholics hate anything getting in the way of their religion.
>>
>>18601069
look up the royal order of jesters
>>
>>18610588
some of the crimes/scandals/degeneracy their members have been involved in are in the news and a matter of public record.
>>
>>18605642
yeah. i still remember how WL was demonizing the freemasons with their leaked indoctrination docs. anyone who supports it is a sham and fake.
>>
>>18610588
Yeah, but they don't fuck the statue of Momus(?)
They just kiss the little man on the ass.
What they were involved in supposedly was
>illegal gambling
Really who gives a shit about that? The only one angry is the Government because Uncle Sam doesn't get a cut.
>Use of prostitutes
That's nothing. If the man is married to a wife who truly loves him, he's a sorry bastard for hurting her like that. But otherwise that's jaywalking in comparison to the rumours perpetuated about Masonry's appendant bodies.
>human trafficking
They transferred some of their more liked prostitutes across state lines.

It was just debauchery. Oral sex races, seeing who can make their girl climax first, for example.
Was it Sinful in the eyes of a Christian God? Yes.
Illegal in the eyes of politicians? Yes.
It's typical frat house behaviour.
>>
>>18612229
>But otherwise that's jaywalking
It's still a Masonic offense. As in, any member who has cheated on his wife, or otherwise wronged his family MUST be expelled. Happened here a depressing amount of times.

>>18611563
It's a slow board, chill.
>>
>>18612304
Of course, I don't disagree with you.
I was merely pointing out how small time their crimes were compared to the Eyes Wide Shut-tier ideas most people have about them.
>>
>>18612325
Ah, aye. And yea it is disappointing when people bring up minor things like that. I'd rather be accused of the truly crazy stuff.
>>
>>18612350
I just think it's weird that experienced masons are invited into groups that regularly engage in "unmasonic" activities.

Their disregard for their own values and the country's laws might help explain the mindset behind some of the more usual allegations.
>>
>>18612632
It comes back to the types of people who join. Most join for good intentions, but there are still plenty who try to join for bad intentions. They're usually weeded out. Those who aren't get bored that their sinister ambitions won't be met. But every now and then, there'll be enough of them together in the right place at the right time that they can take advantage of the group.
>>
>>18583392

FM are the cause of the destruction of religion and of the rise of pornography, abortion...

Just study the french revolution to see their influence. Even the steward of the Crown treasure and the personal doctor of the Louis XVI were FM.
>>
>>18612757
>Freemasonry caused all the things Freemasonry is against
Every thread.
>>
>>18583392
An awesome museum to go to is the Masonic Temple in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Really worth the trip.
>>
So i has read the whole thread now. I live in berlin and know a man from the scottish rite. I talk with him a lot about his masonery. He said if i am interested to join the lodge he could introduce me to the man who handles the "prospects". I am thinking about it a lot but i have not made my mind up yet. I have a little faint of the dark side and am eager to work on this. May maisonery help me with that issue or am i misguided in my thoughts?
To all the masons here, you sound like descent people.
>>
Well regardless of what everyone has said in the thread thus far I should mention that like in everything there exists both good and bad Freemasons. Not everything is so simple and black and white. However the bad ones are psychopathic to the point where it's hard to understand where they're even coming from. It's as if they lost all touch with reality and now exists as pure annoyance, insanity and jealous anger.
>>
>>18613656
Sure, it can help. "Prospects" are just like applicants. As long as you have a clean record and that, you'll be fine. Masonry can definitely help with it. You could go to a dinner if the lodge there has one. Most do before a meeting. You can meet members and see if it's something for you.
>>
File: 20170209_204942.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_204942.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>18583392
Bunch of old cucks that like to play cult, literally boyscouts for old fucks that feel the need to itch an edgy scratch in their lives.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have a "daybook" from the late 1800s that has Masonic imagry.

Nothing really interesting, just logs of due fees and whatnot. Still very cool.
>>
>>18613688
>Freemasons
>Good and bad
>Black and white
*CONSPIRACY INTENSIFIES*
>>
>>18614699
Must be an Australian lodge.
>>
File: 1stdegree.jpg (213KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1stdegree.jpg
213KB, 720x1193px
>>
File: masonbook.jpg (262KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
masonbook.jpg
262KB, 720x1193px
>>
File: we.jpg (253KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
253KB, 720x1193px
>>
File: dark.jpg (294KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
dark.jpg
294KB, 720x1193px
>>
File: threeelements.jpg (302KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
threeelements.jpg
302KB, 720x1193px
>>
File: williamMorganNY.jpg (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
williamMorganNY.jpg
138KB, 1024x768px
Fuck those ass-faggot masons
>>
>>18585991
So have or have not the masons attempted to destroy the Catholic church and/or the papacy?

>>18587400
So why not just use the term God to refer to God? Or use whatever term for God, not necessarily the name of God like (YHWH, Allah, w/e) is in the language of the particular mason? Why the use of the new term Great Architect? Unless, you know, you think you've been worshiping God and then later on you find out haha the Great Architect refers to something else!

>>18601202
>Yea, exactly. People ignore the context. They just see "Lucifer" and stop reading, then declare it must be evil.
Well this is the argument isn't it? That Freemasons try to convince initiates that Lucifer IS NOT evil? You have people unwittingly worship Lucifer, then you tell them the truth of who they've been worshiping after you've subverted their morals?

>>18612632
Royal Court of Jesters, allows only Shriners in good standing to join. Admission is by invitation only. Asking to join is likely to result in the asker never being accepted. So how many more secret groups like this exist within the Masonic body? Sure you get raised to Master Mason, get some appendants and think you know all there is to know about Masonry and you reply to inquirers that there's nothing conspiratorial going on in Masonry. But you don't know what you don't know. So you ought to say that "As far as I know, nothing evil goes on in Masonry, but I'm not a member of every secret group within the masons, nor do I even know of the existence of all the secret groups withing the masons." That's what you ought to reply to inquirers.
>>
>Masonry is about light. You keep asking for some big secret, but there isn't one.

Right, there's no big secret but you masons can't say anything about really goes on. Ok. If there's really no super secret knowledge then what's the point of joining? Just a bro club? Why can't you just have a normal old bro club without the dues and the formality?

You can't even explicate what you mean when you say "Masonry is about light." What, like you make light bulbs? Light in some onto-theological sense.

If you can't explain it, then you don't understand it yourself.

If you won't explain it, then it must not be that important. It must not be GOSPEL. Because if it is important, if it is GOOD NEWS, then you'd want, you'd even have an OBLIGATION, to make sure everyone knows about, to EVANGELIZE.

But you don't evangelize. You just set your bait with your symbols and your hints of secrecy, then when this lures in naive young men, you judge them 'free' because I guess taking the bait and approaching Masonry under their own trapped-'volition' means they're ready to be free, that they won't split when cut.

Two critical questions for Masonry:

1. Can Masonry exist alongside the Catholic papacy without trying to destroy it or undermine/subvert it? Will it abide the Church for eternity if both stand on their own independent without antagonism?

2. Can Masonry abide in a country with an economic system that is not of some character or entirely Capitalist? If Full-Communist Cuba permitted freemasonry, would freemasonry seek to overthrow the state and impose a capitalist republic?
>>
File: CtOjunbVYAAWVfW.jpg (47KB, 683x433px) Image search: [Google]
CtOjunbVYAAWVfW.jpg
47KB, 683x433px
>>18583853
The further one goes, it's just uncoverin their sick dream world's they concocted. Ancient wisdom and such, even Kabbala, it's all there for anybody to see. The weirdos deep inside just want to hide their shit
>>
File: 1486569957706.gif (242KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1486569957706.gif
242KB, 500x359px
>>18583853
The serious digging would just uncover certain culprits and other shit, and yes they try to hurt those who want to expose them.
>>
>>18615609
>So have or have not the masons attempted to destroy the Catholic church and/or the papacy?
Not once. It's not within the purview of Masonry. This isn't to say people who have been members haven't done x or y, but it's not a Masonic event.
>So why not just use the term God to refer to God?
Why doesn't the church? Why all this "Heavenly Father" stuff? It's just a non-sectarian term.
>Or use whatever term for God, not necessarily the name of God like (YHWH, Allah, w/e) is in the language of the particular mason?
That's essentially what it is. Remember, Allah, Elohim, Vishnu, and so on ARE the generic terms for God in certain languages, so it's just one way of keeping Masonry away from religion.
>Unless, you know, you think you've been worshiping God and then later on you find out haha the Great Architect refers to something else!
Read the rituals and look at the context. Plus, that's just nonsensical. You can't accidentally worship something unless you're in the W40k universe.
>That Freemasons try to convince initiates that Lucifer IS NOT evil?
Actually, Freemasonry makes no mention on the subject. You might want to have a look and see what the Bible says about the word (word, not name), though.
>So how many more secret groups like this exist within the Masonic body?
Could be tonnes. Because they're not Masonry. If myself, and five of my friends wanted to set up a new appendant body which only members of the KT, 18th degree, and RCC were able to join, then it's nothing to do with Freemasonry, nor could the Craft stop us beyond not letting us meet in owned lodge buildings.
>>18615615
>but you masons can't say anything about really goes on.
Sure you can. All of it except the five or so pass words.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>18615648
>>18615644
Some of these high ups, they are actually godo people. Many plebs and poor Fags want to tarnish the orders because they are consumed by things related tö finances and power. These orders are involved in maintaining knowledge of humanities histories and functions, our relations to the universe. Thus, those who get high up in these orders that are evil, they are shit baskets true. I would say hollywood and media has the biggest majority of the abusers. Many would argue that the government's and banks and such are the culprits, I would argue hollywood and media more so.
>>
>>18615615
>Why can't you just have a normal old bro club without the dues and the formality?
It's not some boring old bro club. It's a philosophical, educational, and scientific society.
>You can't even explicate what you mean when you say "Masonry is about light.
As in knowledge and understanding. Duh. Who hasn't been able to get that?

>If you won't explain it, then it must not be that important. It must not be GOSPEL. Because if it is important, if it is GOOD NEWS, then you'd want, you'd even have an OBLIGATION, to make sure everyone knows about, to EVANGELIZE.
Again, happy to explain it, but that is some shitty "logic."

>1. Can Masonry exist alongside the Catholic papacy without trying to destroy it or undermine/subvert it? Will it abide the Church for eternity if both stand on their own independent without antagonism?
Of course. Not just the Catholics, too. Any church.
>2. Can Masonry abide in a country with an economic system that is not of some character or entirely Capitalist? If Full-Communist Cuba permitted freemasonry, would freemasonry seek to overthrow the state and impose a capitalist republic?
It does exist in Cuba, actually. Freemasonry inculcates more capitalist principles than not, but that isn't to say it cares about the economic system of a country. That would be meddling with politics, which is forbidden. All it does is encourage men to think about these things for themselves.
>>
File: 1486661939806.jpg (62KB, 720x691px) Image search: [Google]
1486661939806.jpg
62KB, 720x691px
>>18615660
Their is deep roots within my family. I have been paranoid that they are the root causes of my problems, but there are forces that exist attempting to strangle these good families into paranoid self-destruction, for the exact reason to keep the real abusers hidden.
Hide is a key word. They sit in palaces and point fingers to those willing to listen for some fame and fortune. The real key holders of these orders, they are in the stars, every rock, circuit, tree, computer chip, and dust particle we experience.
These wicked ones have expensive and abusive habits as yall may have observed
>>
File: 1486572301180.png (138KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
1486572301180.png
138KB, 575x323px
>>18615666
You mean the light that will hurt me when I exit the cave?
>>
File: 1486362089622.jpg (51KB, 543x501px) Image search: [Google]
1486362089622.jpg
51KB, 543x501px
if black dicks were the largest dicks, but the safest dicks were yellow dicks, do you think you would hear about the black dicks first?
>>
>be me
>discussing fate of humanity
>forgot to bring my favorite driver
>gas prices are now 5 dollars per gallon
>>
This monkey is a 19th Degree Mason. Does he get mad and lie about shit when his bananas are too yellow? No.
>>
File: med_1426704578_00014.jpg (45KB, 629x361px) Image search: [Google]
med_1426704578_00014.jpg
45KB, 629x361px
1 secret has the potential to be fragmented into 1 million people, all holding separate pieces. This is why if you don't reply to this post your computer will blue screen in it's sleep tonight.
>>
is "tubal cain" just a dirty pun?
>>
>>18615763
Read the OT.
>>
>>18615666
Nice trips. Guess masons confirmed satan worshipers!

>All it does is encourage men to think about these things for themselves.

Here I reveal to you my method. I made a number of statements, you didn't respond to them all. The absence of a response to certain statements speaks. Now, on what basis do you justify your claim that it is possible for someone to "think about these things for himself"?

It is not possible to think for yourself, the symbols think for you, that's how symbols work.

You think a prospect that requests to join Masonry without an invitation is free, but he is not. He has simply taken the bait of the symbols and the secrecy, the lust for knowledge and the power that comes with it. He is as 'free' as a fish on a line.

Knowledge is not so innocent! What man ever relentlessly pursued knowledge if not to revenge himself against his foes, or supplant his superiors, or sate a desire to overcome a social or psychological circumstance according to one's own terms rather than submission to the existing order?

Treat with great suspicion any man who declares openly a lust for knowledge; for he intends to do something with it!
>>
>>18615772
>The absence of a response to certain statements speaks.
To which one? Looks like i covered them.
>Now, on what basis do you justify your claim that it is possible for someone to "think about these things for himself"?
Well, having consciousness, i guess. Descartes and all.
>that's how symbols work.
That's the exact opposite of how symbols work. They provide a touchstone to form your own ideas around. Hell, look at the Swastika. You can form hundreds of ideas around it. There's no right or wrong.
>He has simply taken the bait of the symbols and the secrecy, the lust for knowledge and the power that comes with it.
And he's free to pursue his interest.
>Knowledge is not so innocent!
Only those who fear others having knowledge say that.
>What man ever relentlessly pursued knowledge if not to revenge himself against his foes, or supplant his superiors, or sate a desire to overcome a social or psychological circumstance according to one's own terms rather than submission to the existing order?
Not seeing how those are bad things. But you're also forgetting those who seek knowledge to help all. Or are you some kind of Abcedarian?
>Treat with great suspicion any man who declares openly a lust for knowledge; for he intends to do something with it!
Now that's just pathetic.
>>
> If myself, and five of my friends wanted to set up a new appendant body which only members of the KT, 18th degree, and RCC were able to join, then it's nothing to do with Freemasonry,
Oh it is very clear now then. So you get initiated into Masonry, then if some other Masons think you're cool, they invite you to this secret group that is totally not Masonry but only allows membership to certain Masons. That's like Apple spinning off a little subcorporation to shit up a market while avoiding the risk of damaging the core Apple brand from the consumer blowback.

So explain to me why I shouldn't think of Masons as anything but some butthurt dudes who got tired of popes and kings telling them what to do and who thought they could do better, and who have succeeded at least to a degree economically, but have failed miserably socially. Countries where Freemasonry has operated freely over centuries have fallen into absolute degeneracy and your prisons are a pathetic joke compared to the discipline of the Church.

>Of course. Not just the Catholics, too. Any church.
I should clarify my question: If the Catholic Church came to control the state totally, but left Masonry alone, would Masonry work to overthrow the dominance of the Church to restore a secular state?

This is a difference between Freemasonry living alongside the Church as just another religion among many in a secular state, and Freemasonry living inside a state controlled by the Church. Assuming Masons haven't infiltrated the Catholic Church, would Masonry abide a society controlled by the Church?

Suppose Catholicism gained total control of the whole world and successfully banned and suppressed all other religions, but allowed Freemasonry to exist. Does Masonry bend the knee or does it supplant the Church?
>>
>>18615808
>So you get initiated into Masonry, then if some other Masons think you're cool, they invite you to this secret group that is totally not Masonry but only allows membership to certain Masons.
Potentially. Freedom of association, baby.
>So explain to me why I shouldn't think of Masons as anything but some butthurt dudes who got tired of popes and kings telling them what to do and who thought they could do better
Well, why would you to begin with?
>Countries where Freemasonry has operated freely over centuries have fallen into absolute degeneracy
That's the problem of (((democracy))). But places where freedom of association is not permitted usually wind up being shitholes themselves. Ie. North Korea, Communist Russia, and the Middle East.
>and your prisons are a pathetic joke compared to the discipline of the Church.
Agreed.
>If the Catholic Church came to control the state totally, but left Masonry alone, would Masonry work to overthrow the dominance of the Church to restore a secular state?
Nope. Why would it? As in, Masonry is apolitical, but nationalist. However, the church would really be overstepping Biblical bounds in doing so.
>would Masonry abide a society controlled by the Church?
Of course.
>Does Masonry bend the knee or does it supplant the Church?
Neither? That's like asking if some random school, or even the Boy Scouts would "bend the knee." It would just exist in accordance with the laws of the land.
>>
>It's not some boring old bro club. It's a philosophical, educational, and scientific society.
And if I'm Catholic, there are plenty of philosophical, educational, and scientific societies I can join that won't put me in mortal sin. Why should I join Masonry over those societies? Why weren't those societies enough for the existing and past Masons themselves?

The sort of philosophy and science you speak of must be the sort that is considered heretical by the Church, or it would be discussed openly in the Church and there would be no need for your society. So Masonic discourse is heretical, but you think the knowledge contained within it ought to be available to you as a freeman, that you know better than the popes and the church what is good for you to know, that you can "think for yourself". Masons are children in rebellion against the authority of the Church

>Only those who fear others having knowledge say that.
Oh, so you don't fear ISIS learning how to make and use nuclear weapons?

>But you're also forgetting those who seek knowledge to help all.
Yes! I have forgotten them! As have you! Since you have cited ZERO. If these saints existed in plenitude you should have thrown a dozen famous figures at me whose motives were beyond reproach. But you didn't.
>>
>They provide a touchstone to form your own ideas around. Hell, look at the Swastika.
Nonsense. A symbol necessarily limits what can be thought of it. One cannot simply look at any symbol and receive/impose any meaning to it whatsoever.

And yes, lets look at the Swastika. The German people all knew the meaning of that symbol: revival. How is it possible all those millions of people all knowing the same meaning to the same symbol, when according to you they all should have had hundreds and hundreds of different ideas about the symbol.

I guess you'd say they weren't "Thinking for themselves". Maybe they just needed to read more Meditations from Descartes, amirite?

Or maybe, for those brief years, the people of Germany WERE revived.

If you really are a "free thinker" then consider the possibility that it is the free thinkers who are broken. And you have created an institution by which to propagate your brokenness: Masonry.
>>
>>18615836
>Why should I join Masonry over those societies?
I'm not running a recruitment campaign bro. Reasons for joining should be your own.
>Why weren't those societies enough for the existing and past Masons themselves?
Because Freemasonry predates them.
>The sort of philosophy and science you speak of must be the sort that is considered heretical by the Church, or it would be discussed openly in the Church
When was the last time your parish priest discussed String Theory, or helped the congregation with grammar and rhetoric in relation to music and geometry?
>So Masonic discourse is heretical
Nah.
>but you think the knowledge contained within it ought to be available to you as a freeman
It doesn't contain knowledge, it contains tools for seeking knowledge. And yes, of course it should be. Otherwise you're not really free.
>that you know better than the popes and the church what is good for you to know
Your fallacy is: appeal to authority.
>Masons are children in rebellion against the authority of the Church
Nope. Masonry encourages men to be dutiful to their faith.
>so you don't fear ISIS learning how to make and use nuclear weapons?
Not if it leads to better defense against nuclear weapons. That's how science advances: through struggle.
>If these saints existed in plenitude you should have thrown a dozen famous figures at me
Figured you could google for yourself, but okay.
Isaac Newton, Vannevar Bush, Sandford Fleming, John Theophilus Desaguliers, King Camp Gillette, Traian Vuia, Antonio Meucci, James Bowie, Samuel Colt, Joseph-Michel and Jacque-Étienne Montgolfier, Benjamin Franklin, Sir Joseph Banks, Edward Jenner, John Fitch, Sir Alexander Flemming, Richard Gatling, Richard Hoe, Simon Lake, Karl Menninger, Carl Jung, Albert Michelson, George Pullman, David Sarnoff, Andrew Still, Sir Bernard Spilsbury, and others, because that's just a handful of the famous ones we know of.
>>
>>18615844
>A symbol necessarily limits what can be thought of it.
You're thinking of a prescribed dogma. A symbol is free to be interpreted.
>One cannot simply look at any symbol and receive/impose any meaning to it whatsoever.
Hard no.
>according to you they all should have had hundreds and hundreds of different ideas about the symbol.
They may well have. A symbol is open to interpretation. That doesn't mean interpretation can't be shared.
>Or maybe, for those brief years, the people of Germany WERE revived.
Damn straight they were.
>If you really are a "free thinker" then consider the possibility that it is the free thinkers who are broken.
Considered it. Lacks supporting data.
But yea, everyone should have a naysayer. Helps keep you honest. Maybe you should try it?
>>
the finnish freemansons have this ritual where take the new guy to the sauna and use tar and feathers on his balls, don't quite remember why they do have this tradition but it was leaked by old freemason who died shortly after.

I know it sounds like shitposting to you americans but it actually has been documented and seems pretty legit.

Btw Jean Sibelius was a freemason and made a lot of music to the lodges here at Finland but eventually tired to the larping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5zg_af9b8c
>>
>>18617423
Source on your larping?
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.