[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there anyone here who unironically believes in ghosts"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1484457765447s.jpg (6KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
1484457765447s.jpg
6KB, 250x204px
is there anyone here who unironically believes in ghosts"? bonus points if you've experienced a ghost yourself and convinced it's real. Also please no larpers.
>>
>>18582312
Yeah, I'm pretty much convinced. I've never experienced anything definitely ghostly myself, but I've heard a lot of stories sourced to credible witnesses. You can discount some of them (infrasound, grief-induced hallucination, etc), but when you're done there's still enough left that there's something to it.
>>
>>18582312
here's what i believe from both direct experience and the experiences of people i know and trust
>apparitions appear, sometimes to multiple people at once
>disembodied voices are heard, again sometimes by multiple people at once and can be recorded, including intelligent, relevant responses
>objects can be moved by unseen forces, sometimes with clear intent (mischief or helpfulness, for example)
i believe all of the above, but i don't know what it is. i've never had one of those neat, tidy experiences, or personally know anyone who has, where something is experienced that relates directly to someone who died in the house or was related somehow to one of the people who experienced it. so, i know it happens, but i don't know why it happens. i don't jump to the assumption that it's the spirits of the dead or a demon. maybe it's overlapping realities, maybe it's something about human perception we don't understand yet, or maybe it's come kind of reality glitch/slip. but they aren't just delusions and there is often some kind of intelligence behind it.
>>
>>18582312
I've seen them and they exist without a doubt.
>>
>>18582642
Elaborate please?
>>
>>18582312
You can pretty much deduct that paranormal activity and spirits are real by the similarities and random events that take place in people's stories.
For instance, malicious spiritual activity seems to be elevated by religious iconography. Also, many people experience PA in bed. (bed shakes, can't move, etc.) Ghosts are as real as we are, just in another dimension parallel to ours.
>>
>>18582312
My Aunt died in a car accident on dec 6th 1990 she was 15 years old . In 2011 Dec 5th I had a really bad roll over in my truck . Truck was totaled wrapped around me like tinfoil . When I got to the hospital The Nurse that took Care of me Had the same name as my aunt . which wasn't a common name for a girl her age . just an antidote ? maybe . But it was conformation for me !
>>
I can't wait for the reality show where a skeptic in chosen to spend the night in an abandoned hospital, prison, or school and play with a ouija board for at least 2 hours. There is a reason that even the mentally disabled homeless avoid some places.
>>
I agree with everyone here.
These shit happens.
Ive experienced very weird, creepy, unexplainable things myself, and have also heard stuff from credible sources.

I dont know if they are the spirits of dead people.
I think its like a reality glitch or something, idk
>>
yes. my sister saw one with her friend in high school. i saw one in the basement when i was 10.
>>
There has not been one shred of reputable evidence or confirmed siting proving the existence of ghosts.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>18583094
There have been court cases solved by ghosts. Every large police agency has psychics. If it's good enough for the judicial system...
>>
>>18583094
The flying brick at the goldfield Hotel ?
>>
>>18583108
>Every large police agency has psychics.

This is not true, no reputable agency uses such methods. And no court case has EVER been 'solved by ghosts' outside Africa.
>>
>>18583094
People have unironically believed in spirits for thousands of years, there must be a reason for that
>>
>>18583146
because the human mind projects itself into things. something made noise ? must be a person i can't see.
Is the same with religeon, humans seem to require a consciousness behind every random thing that happens
big stuff life the weather becomes a god. small stuff like boards and misplaced objects becomes dead relatives, ghosts, or other spirits
>>
>>18582312
>unironically believes in ghosts
Yes and no. Not ghosts being the lingering spirits of the dead, but I DO believe in the existence of invisible beings that can manifest physically. The question is, though: WTF is ectoplasm? (inb4 South Park meme)
>>
>>18582312
HG/D

When niggers enchant toilets to drink your magical piss.
>2017
>>
>>18582312

I believe 'ghosts' are more like echoes of the energy put out by the living during life. For instance, one of the most common places where hauntings occur are at old Theatres. Many theatres that are more than a hundred or so years old are often full of neutral, non hostile spirit sightings. I think the reason for this is because the deceased actors that used to perform there put out so much creative energy doing what they love that occasionally someone may see their shadow lurking back stage years after their death. So, I don't think peoples souls are just refusing to pass on and lingering in our world, but rather the places, people or objects that the deceased directed a lot of energy at have these sort of imprints left that we call ghosts.
>>
Quick storytime. I was sitting in my basement, cause that's where the family computer was. The angle you had to sit at to see the monitor and keyboard let me see the stairs. One afternoon when I was 15, I was chilling on the computer [spoiler] doing forum roleplaying [/spoiler] when I saw something bright yellow out of the corner of my eye coming down the stairs. I quickly looked over to see what it was, but there was nothing there. Convinced I was just seeing shit, I went back to my mid-teenagerish activities.

For the next week, no matter where I was or what I was doing (whether I was at school, outside, or in the house), I kept getting glimpses of something yellow out of the corner of my eye, becoming a little clearer each time I saw it. That weekend, I went up to my aunt's house in northern NJ with my mom, and it was just the three of us. We were hanging out in her living room talking, when, in the middle of the room, in full view, the yellow thing appeared.

It was a woman with straight, dark brown hair capped with a wide-brimmed white hat, in a yellow sundress. She turned to us and smiled, but had no facial features other than a mouth. I was not afraid. She was there for maybe five seconds before she disappeared. I figured I was just hallucinating things until my mom asked if anyone saw her too.

I said that I did, and that I had actually been seeing her all week. My mom was very interested, but my aunt went white and ran out of the room screaming. It took a while to get her to come out of the kitchen. I never saw the woman again after that. No idea what she wanted.
>>
I have a bias to believe. I think I saw one once. Also, at my friend's house, two friend of his saw the same ghost simultaneously. Hard to explain that.
>>
>>18583531
Exactly this, for one type of ghost. The other is a dead person, who is hanging around in the astral with the remnants of their astral/emotional body and not 'going towards the light' to use the old chestnut. I saw one of these once and it was creepy as fuck. Sad, not very conscious, just aimless.
>>
>>18583140
lol, wrong
>>
File: 1468863913903.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468863913903.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>18582312
When I was in grade school, I borrowed my mother's camera so I could record my brother and myself wigging out to Naruto on CN while she was out.

It was a pretty shitty camera, barely had enough space to record 2 minutes of video because my mother was always too lazy to delete shit. Or maybe it was b/c the camera never had a lot of space to begin with. I didn't know a lot about cameras back then, still don't.

That being said, we were loud as shit. I sat on the floor and held the camera in the direction of the TV as my brother whooped and hollered in front of it. Fighting Dreamers was playing and the TV's volume was turned up pretty high. I was making a ruckus as well, trying to scream-sing over the collective sound of my brother and the TV.

Throats raw by the time the op ended, we rested on the couch and watched the ep.

During the first commercial break, I pulled out the camera to watch the video I made (and listen to Fighting Dreamers again).

Everything was normal, except at around halfway through the video, the audio of our mediocre scream singing was muffled considerably by an audible and unfamiliar voice that said "BE QUIET."

Scared shitless, I deleted the video and tossed the camera aside for the rest of the night.

>TLDR; My kid brother and I pissed off some spirit in the house by being enormous grade school weebs, and I, like a fucking fool, deleted the evidence.
>>
Do you guys think ghosts ever get scared excluding the ones in Ghost Puncher? Or are they forever in some jaded state of mind?

>>18583981
I found this to be genuinely spooky
>>
>>18583094

Go kill yourself. How about that?
>>
File: 1310089525316.jpg (100KB, 590x757px) Image search: [Google]
1310089525316.jpg
100KB, 590x757px
>>18582668
My childhood home was very active.
>Seen shadow people during the day while wide awake
>Things moving on their own
>Footprints coming out of the pool before my eyes
>I was physically attacked by something
>>
>family lived in haunted-ass trailer until my brother was conceived
>be like two years old, sleeping with my parents
>almost every night between 2 and 3 am I sit up in bed and speak to the corner
>parents ask who i'm talking to
>"can't you see him?"
>parents = spooped
>mom gets pregnant, we move
>never do it again, but vaguely remember the person i was speaking to
>skinny fellow in a suit with short hair, but his face was always too blurry to make out, like he was always out of focus
>figure it was probably a previous inhabitant, wearing the clothes he was buried in

I always wondered why I couldn't see his face.

There was also the little girl that haunted my grandma's place (later inherited by my aunt and then by her son).
>>
>>18582312
I find people who try to find ghost reasons for everything, whether it be on here where half the time it's a mouse or bird or something or elsewhere hilarious. Really a great program to watch is Paranormal Witness where about half the stories start with "dad started doing DIY and things began mysteriously creaking and falling down".

That said I have seen and experienced some weird shit. Sure you can come up with a rational explanation for it as your senses can literally fool you, but as with A Christmas Carol only thinking "there's more of the gravy than the grave" about everything is not always enough, and it doesn't necessarily diminish those experiences. Like if you think your dead grandad visited you and that makes you act a certain way it doesn't matter if it really happened or not.

I do have some really weird ideas/beliefs though and have had some spoopy experiences.
>>
>>18583140
If the smaller forces have a lot of autonomy it can happen. Like in the UK some of the smaller towns oop north have used psychics once or so in the past. It's stupid though.

Obviously as well the CIA dumped a bunch of money into it.
>>
>>18582312
Okay so about half a year ago I moved in with my friend alongside another one. We were staying in Rob's* grandmother's house because she was super sick and getting treatment in California. I lived there for over a year and every single one of us had experiences in that house. *not real name obviously.
>>
>>18584343
(Our names all start with J so Rob is the grandson, Tim is our other bro, and I'm Kyle)

The kicker is that Rob's grandfather (George) died in the house. He fell down the stairs one morning and his grandma heard bones snapping and cracking. Apparently all he did was reach out and say "Orange juice." grandma (Judy) got him a glass, he drained it, then died on the spot.

We smoked a shitload of weed in the basement in this small room right in front of the basement stairs. To the right was just basic shelving and the washer & drier. To the right was George's old wood workshop. Ever tool you can think of was in there but it was covered in a thing layer of dust.

So one day while smoking I believe I made a joke about George and Rob turned and chuckled "You probably shouldn't do that. I bet he can hear ya"

"What?" He lead me out of the room to Georges workshop. Reached right up to the first shelf and grabbed a box about half the size of a shoebox.

George's ashes had been less than 3 feet (going through a wall) from where I was smoking.
>>
>>18584343
>>18584366
I believed in ghosts before living there because it just made sense that they exist due to my world beliefs and whatnot. That house solidified 100% that ghosts are real. No doubt in my mind.

I guess I could greentext stories if you want but you can probably see from my posts that I'm shit at these.

But yeah. I believe in ghosts OP.
>>
The only reason everyone doesn't absolutely acknowledge them is because of the institutionalized blasphemy in psychology and education. Multidimensional universes are sneered at in schools, ideas of God get jackbooted out of classrooms by liberal bigots. Feel free to believe, and most importantly tell the blasphemers to fuck off, burn in Hell.
>>
>>18584075
Same exact thing for me save for pool
>>
>>18582312
my grandmother has seen her mom as a ghost before and one of my former friends ran over a ghost.
>>
>>18582716
Would you mind if I asked what her name was? Out of curiosity not disrespect.
>>
>>18585298
Her name was Nicole . I personally don't run into too many Nicole's under the age of 30 .my aunt would be 42 if she was alive today .
>>
File: 1484919820779s.jpg (6KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1484919820779s.jpg
6KB, 250x243px
>>18583502
What is a ghost by your definition?
>>
>>18584366
>The kicker is that Rob's grandfather (George) died in the house. He fell down the stairs one morning and his grandma heard bones snapping and cracking. Apparently all he did was reach out and say "Orange juice." grandma (Judy) got him a glass, he drained it, then died on the spot.
I wouldn't worry about George hearing you, sounds like he was pretty enlightened. Probably got Nirvana and everything.
>>
>>18586357
He sounded pretty badass honestly but it seemed he didn't like us doing drugs in his house. People would get shoved and punched when we would head downstairs.
>>
What do you guys think about spirit orbs?
I'm not a spiritually sensitive person at all and have never experienced anything paranormal, but I looked at my home's security footage from last night and saw a pulsating white orb manifest and follow after me. I'd rather be skeptical but the orb's movement and appearance is too deliberate for me to write it off. I've been severely depressed lately so I wonder if its appearance is significant at all.
My family has had paranormal experiences in this house before, so I suppose there's precedence for it.
>>
>>18582312
Not ghosts. It's way more strange and hidden than that. Otherwise we would have chaos on our hands.
>>
>>18582642
Cool!
>>
>>18586348
A spirit, obviously. But I think they're just mimicking dead people that they have observed from the time of that persons birth to their death, so they have their mannerisms down perfectly.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.