[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here big into Occultism? I'm really not, but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Black Tide.jpg (1MB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Black Tide.jpg
1MB, 2048x1371px
Anyone here big into Occultism? I'm really not, but I've been watching some documentaries on it and it really is interesting, but also a bit frightening and strange. I don't know how I feel about it having ties to Satanism, but I figured Satanism is a stand-alone thing that just takes parts of Occultism. And then you have all these tie ins to Wiccan as well. I feel like all the rituals and ceremonies are a bit extreme, though Christianity and other religions have ceremonies as well so I'm being kind of a hypocrite.

I just found it interesting to learn about how Occultism got started, and what role in played in history and how it's viewed in modern times. Plus what constitutes Occultism and practicing Occultism. I mean, are some of you just openly passionate about practicing or following Occultism? I figured it was popular among Satanists and Wiccans, but I figured you don't have to be aligned with other of those to be interested in Occultism, though it feels like they all kind of tie together somewhat. I know you have some Occultists on Youtube that are Satanists as well, while some are into Wicca. I don't think I've ever had a friend, or public met someone who told me about spell casting, and enchanted crystals/reagents, etc.

Really the aspects I find interesting are things like Channeling, Divination, Tarot Cards, Meditation, and sort of the super-natural or magical aspects of it. I'm not really interested in this collective group religious ceremonial worshiping aspect of it. I'm not talking about going into the woods, lighting a fire, and chanting psalms/prayers while dancing and throwing "holy water" and leaves into the air.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>18582087
Occult/ Arcane/ Esoteric.. just means hidden knowledge. How this knowledge is applied is what really matters. Whether you wish to use knowledge for personal gain or for the betterment of the whole is ones own choice to make. Don't get caught up in attachment to a particular sect if you want to witness all. On the other hand if one sect speaks to you by all means dive with awareness.
>>
>>18582110
Well I'm not really big on collective religion and organizations, never really was. I find the individual aspect of it somewhat interesting though, not so much the religious aspect of it. Like, I'm not viewing Occultism in the light of a religion. I'm just looking at it as a thing, as you said it stands for hidden knowledge and I don't believe it was ever intended to be tied to religion.

Egyptians believed in spells, and I don't know if Pythagoras believed in spells but he did study Occultism vigorously.
>>
Satanism is for edgy pelebs who want to larp being le edgy satnists to stick it to "da man"

Wicca was invented in the 50's by a British government worker who wanted an excuse to bang dumb bitches so he fused hermeticism with the teachings of aleister crowley.

Occultism is about pushing your will and desire upon the hive mind of humanity, or egregore, you can do this through sigils, or art, or meme's, or rituals, or ceremonies, and many other ways.

Protip: if you are interested in satanism, avoid non theistic satanism.

The occult is about tradition and ritual.

Avoid materialism, avoid leftist claiming to be spiritual, avoid anyone asking for money, avoid new age, avoid wicca.

Art is more than just entertainment, it is transformative and can influence reality
>>
>>18582122
the occult and science used to be intertwine.
This was before the enlightenment and things got all *tips fedora.

This how we got things like alchemy and hermetcism.

Actually near the beginning of the enlightenment, Issac newton was one of the last hold outs still studying the occult, he had lots of notes on sacred geometry and alchemy.
He was so well known for being into the occult people thought his theory of gravity was bullshit.
>>
>>18582123
Well I'm certainty not interested in Satanism or Wicca, and I'm aware of this "New Age" bullshit crap as well.

I just find what Occultism is to be interesting, and the history behind it. How Egyptians saw it, and it was transferred to Rome/Greece. I haven't really found a documentary talking about "modern Occultism" As in the 21st century, but I'm sure there are books on it or you could probably just ask/talk to people who are Occultists in the 21st century. I figured some were on 4chan and /x/ in general. Of course I figured all Occultists are different, some align themselves with Satanism and Wicca so they might have different experiences or viewpoints on Occultism. I do believe it's a really individualistic thing, I'm sure everyone will practice/view it differently with some overall similarities though.

>>18582136
That's what the documentary claimed as well it basically stated that Issac Newton was too afraid to come forth with his theory of gravity as he was afraid it'd be considered witchcraft, but it did state Issac Newton was indeed an Occultist or at least studied it.
>>
>>18582087
Did you have any questions?
>>
File: 1450127763623-3.gif (21KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1450127763623-3.gif
21KB, 600x700px
>>18582139
modernist occultism is chaos magic.

Every peoples have their own occult and magical traditions.

Jews do pulsa di nuras.
nigras do voo doo
Europeans cast runes

>>18582139

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermeticism

Much of the importance of Hermeticism arises from its connection with the development of science during the time from 1300 to 1600 AD. The prominence that it gave to the idea of influencing or controlling nature led many scientists to look to magic and its allied arts (e.g., alchemy, astrology) which, it was thought, could put Nature to the test by means of experiments. Consequently, it was the practical aspects of Hermetic writings that attracted the attention of scientists.[16]

Isaac Newton placed great faith in the concept of an unadulterated, pure, ancient doctrine, which he studied vigorously to aid his understanding of the physical world.[17] Many of Newton's manuscripts—most of which are still unpublished[17]—detail his thorough study of the Corpus Hermeticum, writings said to have been transmitted from ancient times, in which the secrets and techniques of influencing the stars and the forces of nature were revealed.
>>
>>18582159
It's strange, I probably do but I'm not sure what they are yet, or maybe I don't know how to word them. I mean, how do you personally practice Occultism? Or what does it mean to you? And how does it play a role in your life? How long have you been practicing or interested in it? Do you actually do any sort of spell or ritual based stuff? Do you believe you've had some sort of divine or supernatural experiences?

I suppose for now I'd just be interested to know "how" people practice Occultism, or what role it plays in their lives and how passionate or opened they are about it.
>>
>>18582181
I practice meditation and energy work. I practice controlling my aura and closing it off since I'm very sensitive to energies. Ever feel like someone is emotionally draining you? I can feel that on a deep energetic level. My breakthrough experience was astral projection.. Meeting entities and traveling through finer etheric realms. Shared dreams, having telepathic experiences, conversing with disembodies spirits (through a strong medium).. Occultism plays a large role in my life now. I was always interested but couldn't grasp its meaning until I had my personal experiences. All it takes is the honest pursuit of the truth and it will reveal itself to you.
>>
>>18582219
See, it seems like a lot of what you're explaining originated or started with meditation. And from my understanding meditation has different effects for people, some claim it does nothing and others claim it produced noticeable and wonderful results such as being less irritable, or even as you said, communing with a higher power and what not. I've also read into the whole "chakra" and "spiritual energy" thing, I'm not sure how much of that I believe, wasn't sure if that was part of Occultism as well.

Kind of seemed more like hippie "new age" crap that stores sell to you so you'll buy their "crystals" and other reagents that do nothing. I do agree meditation has benefits, though I've never done it myself personally I know millions of people do it everyday and it's popular among individuals for several reasons. Not sure about the whole "aura" and "energies" thing, seems complicated.
>>
>>18582232
Meditation is where I started and I honestly felt dumb the first couple times I did it. The method that worked for me is referred to as "void meditation". Relax your mind in a quiet space and just observe your thoughts and let them pass like leaves in a stream. Eventually the gaps between thoughts will grow.

While meditating you can try holding your hands as if you were going to clap and on the in-breath bring them apart and on the exhale bring them close without touching. Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. This is how I became familiar with the feeling of my own energy. Eventually you will feel some kind of field between your hands and it can feel warm and somewhat thick or magnetic.

All the new age stuff has truths in it as well as falsities just like any other belief system. Seek what makes sense to you/ what interests you and as long as you bring an honest effort you'll progress towards truth.
>>
>>18582123
you forgot:
"avoid self-appointed gurus with long lists of things to avoid and what is 'right' and 'wrong' "

and

"avoid becoming one of those same people"
>>
>>18582181
Hey anon.

>How do you personally practice Occultism? Or what does it mean to you? And how does it play a role in your life?

The occult offers me freedom in living my life without excessive religious rules, very much like "do what you want, but be responsible."

>How long have you been practicing or interested in it?

I've been practicing it for like a couple of years, and I've been interested in it when I felt my religion was too controlling.

>Do you actually do any sort of spell or ritual based stuff?

Yep, but nothing too grand like killing enemies or charming people. Most of it are like balancing and grounding and introducing myself to a certain beings. Divination using tarot and lots of meditation.

>Do you believe you've had some sort of divine or supernatural experiences?

I usually just attribute it to meaningful coincindences. I once received the symbol of a goddess when I was thinking about her influence in my life. Some skepticism to prevent me from being too fanatical about it.
>>
>>18582320
Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>18582087
When niggers scream in banshee voices im trying to eat while quantumly posessing your edibles/10

Crusades when?

Yfw niggers think they are angelic because they aim for your legs.
>>
>>18582366
wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>18582327
You're welcome, anon. If you're interested, look up Quareia. It's actually a school of magic, but if you just want some info, there's a lot you could find out in it. It's separated in lessons and modules so it might take you a while though, but there's a lot of Egyptian occult stuff in it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.