[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would never have guessed that. Evidence shows it's likely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

I would never have guessed that. Evidence shows it's likely a simulation. Damn matrix fags are right!

Wonder how that plays with multiverse theory?
>>
Bump with link.

http://sciencebulletin.org/archives/9834.html
>>
>>18581553
>I would never have guessed
That's why you are so shocked.
>>
Of course the universe is "probably" a simulation. That's obvious from pure logic, if we can simulate a universe, which isn't impossible as far as we know, then a "real" universe would have multiple, perhaps shitloads of simulated universes within it at any given time, and those simulated universes would have their own nested simulated universes all the way down. With our odds being 1/nearly infinity of being in the "real" universe, saying we're "probably in a simulation universe" is a gross understatement.

Either way it doesn't matter a single bit because our universe is as real as it ever was/is/will be and we can't ever know anything more "real" because of the limitation that everything literally defined as "real" is an aspect of the universe.
>>
>>18581553

>Life is a simulation
>Still no gf

Damm you cyber Jews
>>
>>18581624
it really is turtles all the way down
>>
Also I find your article unconvincing.
>>
Hi guys, I'm a physicist. You are misusing the term "holographic" here; what it means is that the properties of physics that we experience on the 3 dimensional level are the results of properties of higher dimensions, which is an integral part of string theory. Multiverse interpretation would not change as a result of this, as they arise from different fields of physics; holographic universe from string theory, and multiverse quantum mechanics (string theory is a far more indepth attempt at quantum mechanics, refusing the idea of particles as fundamental).

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask. I'm a 4th year PhD student in physics; my research is in theoretical plasma physics so I work a lot with quantum mechanics and have a strong understanding of string theory.
>>
Do you people even totally understand half the shit you say? What exactly do you mean by 'simulation'? People throw this word around a lot and I'm not sure they know exactly what they're claiming themselves. That existence is computer generated? Not real? Calculated? Following a set of predetermined outcomes? Enlighten me without posting some longass wiki link or some crap please.
>>
>>18581653
Me again, I'd like to note in addition that this doesn't imply the universe is a simulation. Pop-sci gets this idea a lot when they see "holograph" or "virtual particle", but these terms are just used to give physicists a more intuitive sense for what they do. It doesn't mean we're being run out of a super aliens basement.
>>
>>18581653
so have you made a plasma gun yet?
>>
>>18581653
how get gf??
>>
>>18581624
We already simulate universes. Each of us a has an internal model of the world informed and populated by information gathered by our senses.

We simulate people too. Everyone you know. It is this simulation that you actually talk to when try to communicate with someone. Shocking that tulpafags haven't latched onto that piece of information.
>>
>>18581663
Not in the way you would imagine, but several of my colleagues (who work in experimental plasma physics) have used the plasma gun in Chile. The proper name for it is a "Dense Plasma Focus", but everyone calls it a plasma gun because it's really neat.
>>18581667
Prosthetic penis
>>
>>18581675
The fuck are you doing laying your ass around playing on 4chan? Get back to work and make better plasma guns, asshat.
>>
>>18581655
When people mean "it's a simulation" they mean it's a universe intelligently designed/created/maintained by life that exists outside of our own universe, as a simulation, perhaps a simulation of their own universe, perhaps a simulation of a universe with different laws of physics than their own.

>>18581669
I agree that that is how our brains work and perceive reality, I disagree in calling it a "simulation", I believe the term "model", "representation", or "simulacrum" perhaps fit better.
>>
>>18581689
I work in theory. I frequently jack off while reviewing recently published papers and writing code.
>>
>>18581694
What a coincidence! I frequently publish papers reviewing people that jack off and write code to help them improve masturbation efficiency.
>>
>>18581675
>>18581675
>Prosthetic penis

how get prosthetic penis""::":"???? pls respond
>>
>>18581730
I found mine in Southern Nevada
>>
>>18581762
Where is that??

Thanks friend.
>>
>>18581770
South part of Nevada.
>>
File: Topfoto-Marie-Raben-Holm.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Topfoto-Marie-Raben-Holm.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>18581624
that's why nibiru is here
the evil twin sun.
nemesis.
binary system-
our universe is magic and the masterplan
is coded by aliens.
we are what i belive millions belive
apart of something perhaps bigger
something secret they wont explain to us,
because we can't compute the truth
or the math.
the code could be so complex
we can't see it and i belive it will take along time
before some hacker or proffesor bypasses
the god code
or alien code
because if a unvierses is simulated
then it could very well feel so real we would
never feel it or see it or understand it
until you have it in numbers infront of you or like
the matrix movie., someone comes knocking on your door.
now....follow the white rabbit
>>
Wave theory dictates millions of years of slow growth. The uncertainty principle says otherwise. Quadrillion years of photon shifts.
>>
File: gnostic.jpg (319KB, 1029x830px) Image search: [Google]
gnostic.jpg
319KB, 1029x830px
The creators of the matrix ripped off the idea for the matrix from Christian Gnosticism.
The idea that we live in a false reality is thousands of years old, this prison was created by the demiurge and the only way out is through divine knowledge, the material world is irrelevant.
>>
File: Francisco_de_Goya_(1819-1823).jpg (56KB, 326x599px) Image search: [Google]
Francisco_de_Goya_(1819-1823).jpg
56KB, 326x599px
>>18581919
Oh also the demiurge is actually [spoiler] time [/spoiler] who devours us all like his children
>>
>>18581943
DAMNIT now what am I going to do with the time I have left? The whole fucking plot is ruined. Thanks anon.
>>
Tom Campbell's My Big TOE describes our simulation situation very well...
https://www.my-big-toe.com
>>
>>18581553
>Wonder how that plays with multiverse theory?
Whatever device generates or simulates this universe does so to near infinite iterations, each iteration only very slightly different from one another. Nearly exact copies, such as a universe exactly the same from the big bang to eons of time immortal, the only difference being the small displacement of one electron at some arbitrary point in history. Start from a difference that small and begin branching off, the further away from our reality, the more different, but they are incomprehensibly far away. Thats why wave form collapses dont accidentally all of reality from our perspective. Just a guess though
>>
>>18581553
no you can't simulate a universe.

we can see that there are atoms right?

So to simulate 1 atom you need several hundred transistors or more. Even if somehow we can get a transistor to the size of 1 atom, it would take a computer at the very minimum having 100X the matter in the universe just to simulate the universe.

At best.. there are maybe a million actual humans, the rest being NPCs with little intelligence.. our earth and nearby planets are simulated.. with everything beyond that are just images projected in the sky with not much going on.
>>
>>18581784
Ah thank you friend

I will now attach surgical penis

Thank you
>>
>>18581624

What? That's not what this research is saying at all, it has nothing to do with higher dimensions or string theory. Stop LARPing.
>>
File: le demiurge.png (8KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
le demiurge.png
8KB, 203x248px
>>18581950
also the demiurge is the god worshiped by Christians, jews, and Muslims, and is actually evil.
>>
File: 52084315_p0.jpg (147KB, 379x468px) Image search: [Google]
52084315_p0.jpg
147KB, 379x468px
>>
>>18581553
Faggots misunderstand this hypothesis (not theory, as a "theory" in science is repeatedly tested and confirmed, such as gravity or evolution) all the time. A simulated universe does not necessarily mean it is artificial in origin or that it has an intelligence behind it.

I personally believe it IS an intelligence though. Interesting how these theories tie in with the hermetic mysteries.
>>
>>18581669
Holy shit this board is getting sophisticated.
>>
>>18581719
Dude. Go back to whatever subbreddit you came out of.
>>
>>18581979
Just how dense are you?
>>
File: 677eYV4.jpg (149KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
677eYV4.jpg
149KB, 720x720px
Holographic DOES NOT mean simulation. In the future please do at least a bit of reading to understand what you are attempting to bastardize before bastardizing it please.
>>
I want a nice plasma gun
>>
Thanks anons def an interesting read.
It seems that this simulation, whether natural or by intelligent design. Is a reflection from lessor dimensions or flat space as I like to call it in my head. Reflection, emanation whatever, curious as to what is causing the simulation to exist. The whole why this reflection? And self is part of that reflection then we are beings living in 2 dimensional space but our perception of that is only perceived through a simulation of higher dimensions. Interesting how that reflects many metaphysical and spiritual beliefs. So I wonder how would one go about perceiving it's non simulated 2 dimensional self and if one did, would that be considered escaping the matrix, as they say.
>>
>>18581979
And why can't we anon. Seems the evidence is tending towards the fact that we are. Though it's probably the universe doing it itself versus us actively doing it. Come on program get it together. Are you saying it's a simulation and you are just arguing about the size of it anon? Not sure at this level of tech that transistor would be an issue.
>>
So the universe might be fake and your bitch ass still needs to have two phones baka
>>
File: wuYN2.jpg (66KB, 685x576px) Image search: [Google]
wuYN2.jpg
66KB, 685x576px
>>18581553
Debunked in this thread.

>>18554223

Why invent science fiction when reality is both simple and awesome?

Why would you choose to believe in obvious falsehood.

You wouldn't.

But if you were threatened by the Truth, if your life depended on the promotion of lies and the enslavement of minds, then you would spread falsehood.

God exists.

Quantization of sub-atomic particles and photons proves it. (They are definite, circular, and there exists no prior structure or natural process for them to arise via any naural explanation.)

The cosmic microwave background is definite and assymetric, showing that from the beginning, the universe was definite and circular. (There exists no prior structure to allow for this fine-tuning to have arisen via natural processes)

So on both the smallest and largest scales there are limits, boundaries, times and definitions.

No natural structure exists beyond these. Therefore the definition and structure could not have arisen via natural processes.

Even a multiverse theory requires an initial, perfectly ordered, seed universe to spawn it's children.

The atheists are looking into the Abyss, and the Abyss is looking back, saying, "I AM!"

>"And at the centre of it all, is your eye"
>>
>>18581887
Psychosis a bit?
>>
>>18582761
>God exists.

Evidence?
>>
>>18582761
Do you need a hug anon. Still waiting on this whole debunked thing you speak of. So am I just supposed to take your word on all that anon. You know we lessor beings we kinda have to have some evidence so we can struggle through it. And don't take this wrong anon. But that all sounded like a mishmash of ferreting systems combined together into you bullshit belief. And your proof is the abyss saying I am...Well back at you anon
>>
>>18581990
thats not what that post said either. are you lost?
>>
so if everything is infinite it is obvious that the same thing that is happening now will happen again in the far future right?
>>
>>18582927
no. Neither obvious nor logically necessary. I guess, a minimally small possibility is there
>>
File: map_teg_3.png (108KB, 650x385px) Image search: [Google]
map_teg_3.png
108KB, 650x385px
>>18582810
1. All structure is derived either through natural processes or design.

2. The structure of existence itself, as demonstrated by the WMAP and CMB data (macro), as well as particle physics experiments (micro) cannot have arisen via natural processes, as these structures are the simplest, earliest, most fundamental structures in existence, and no other natural structure precedes them.

3. Therefore design.

That's it.

>In pic, the WMAP data. What we should have seen is a homogenous, symmetrical universe.
>What we got instead was an irregular, finely tuned anisotropy.
>Which also lines up with the ecliptic....meaning our solar system is the centre of the universe!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecliptic_alignment_of_CMB_anisotropy

That's the evidence for God in the macro structure.

The entirety of quantum physics provide evidence for God in the micro.

A quanta is a definite, finely tuned structure that cannot have possibly arisen via chance or natural processes, as there exists nothing smaller to make up the quanta.

Quanta of light - Photon
Quanta of action - h
Quanta of time-space itself - ?

>Quantum physics also show us that there is a lower limit to the structure of the universe, when the materialist models predict that there should be no limit, and indeed there should be a chaotic, formless, continuum from which an unlimited number of forms and structures spontaneously come into exist. With those structures best able to survive remaining in a form of cosmic evolution.
>That was the theory. But it's been proven wrong.

No soup.

Just God.

>Hence why the atheist cosmologist calls quantum physics, "counter-intuitive".
>They expect chaos, and instead find order.
>>
>>18582960
>>18582999

These two posts are one.
>>
>>18582960
Nice read anon. Still not sure what you think this debunks. They are still working on the data and the models that go with it. These interpretations don't say why . They only say things are ordered in a way we had not expected. Not feeling your this shows god...Even these derived orders could be natural in the way they are ordered. You are also leaving out all the unknowns and data that we don't have yet. And saying a thing is so with no room for error seems to absolute to me. With the universe it's always good to hedge your bet. But thank you for contributing anon. Had to look shit up and read, I had fun with it and learned a thing or two.
And to all my anons. Isn't that the point, to waste some time and maybe learn something along the way. If you are trying to be right you probably aren't. Often life is about the path you travel and what you see along the way, not the destination.
Food for thought my fellow anons.
>>
>>18581592
Not sure what you are trying to say fellow program. Not sure I was shocked as you say either. I just find it interesting in that this will become a more prevailing theory, as it speaks to the evidence.
So work on what it is you are trying to say and get back with me anon.
>>
M-monads
>>
>>18581967
Yes. Tom campbell is spot on correct and true. Tell me what you want. Before you studied his stuff for quite a while your comment on this is irrelevant because you can only value or trash something after you analyzed it right.
I did it and I know hes based but dont believe me. See for yourself or go on searching.
>>
>>18581553
>multiverse

If its a matrix then cool. I guess you can do matrix things.
>>
>>18583280
Matrix things? Not sure what you mean anon. What you want to be neo or something...
>>
yes it is a simulation when we "die" we are simply moved to another "timeline" with other people thats why you get deja vu because they only change small things but some lives everything is differen like maybe Hillary clinton won in your past life.
>>
File: doublesguy.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
doublesguy.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>18581553
Looks like flat earthers were right.
>>
What would be the purpose for simulating an entire universe though? How does it benefit a future advanced species?
>>
>>18581990
That's not what he said at all you dumb fuck.
>>
>>18581553
When people ask me if the universe is a simulation, I tell them this. A "simulation" evokes the idea that there is an entity controlling the massive amount of causality occurring in this universe and evokes the idea of an entity controlling order. However, here's an alternative idea. If you consider evolution a normal part of life because of adaption and hierarchy, then why not consider the evolution of energy being a natural state? Meaning only correct energetic arguments are allowed to continue and reconstruct, meanwhile interactions that don't equate mathematically won't work. Any "evidence" of simulation always points to mathematics and suggests mathematics is the result of a deity. We have a lot to learn about what exactly is "energy" and I have a few ideas I've been developing. There are patterns to energy , logic gates to energy and many such mathematical constants such as the golden ratio playing a role in nature that deserves a respective field of study. The question should really be, are we as a species being influenced by another species to succeed, or are we just the result of a large mathematical equation of probability?
>>
>>18581553
>simulation
WRONG. The evidence points to the HOLOGRAPHIC nature of the universe, meaning that objects that exist in our dimension are the product of a fewer-dimensional object. Simulation Theory is something different, you guys.
>>
>>18585435
If the product of a dimension is based on the results of of products beneath it, it is neither holographic nor simulation. It is a real substance to the "objects" that interacts with other "objects" of similar circumstance. Unless you change the definition of a hologram, a holographic universe implies no causality exists. A real holographic universe is like a child imagining a candy world where he or she runs around pretending to eat things but nothing is really happening.
>>
>>18585368
A) We're a historical record or used to simulate ancient humans for some other reason.

B) There is one variable which is being tested for which an entire universe must be simulated and we might be related or we might just be a random piece of junk data. Our creators might never know we existed at all.
>>
>>18585467
It's far less than that. The universe is merely a 1 dimensional object by which all of time and space is generated.
>>
>>18581553
what are that evidences?
space doesn't exist, your pic is wrong.
>>
>>18585489
Your post is a train wreck.
>>
>>18585485
So how do you go from (current) dimension to a lesser degree?
>>
>>18585515
There's no going anywhere, you are in it. Dimensions here are not places but description: length width, etc. But you can only perceive what you have evolved to perceive. We could learn to perceive it via technology, but I have no idea how we'd go about doing that.
>>
>>18582482
>(not theory, as a "theory" in science is repeatedly tested and confirmed, such as gravity or evolution

once something is confirmed it doesn't need to be tested. You test what you doubt.
gravity and evolution are both two very important lies because they are central to the global deception. Both are complete bullshit.
>>
>>18585528
>gravity and evolution are both two very important lies because they are central to the global deception. Both are complete bullshit.
Either take your medication or get your head out of the bubble. Learn how to discern fact from falsehood. There's no conspiracy here: your pattern-recognition biosoftware is on the fritz, friend.
>>
>>18585525
You still haven't answered the question. Mystification is a disease!
>>
>>18585567
Your question was
>So how do you go from (current) dimension to a lesser degree?
I don't know how to answer that question as the nature of the universe does not lend itself easily to descriptions based on space/time as we have come to know it. Can you rephrase your question?
>>
>>18585541
You can't prove you live on a globe but claim there is no doubt about it? You even call it a fact. Don't shill so hard, you give it away.
>>
>>18585582
Divide space infinitely.
>>
>>18585608
Okay, look. I know you're really obsessed with this whole flat earth thing right now, but think for a moment about what evidence you saw which first made you question the Earth's roundness. Compare all the most convincing evidence of Flat Earth to the all the most convincing evidence of Round Earth. Think about what kind of information you trust and why you trust it. How do you discern REALITY from FICTION? How can you be certain?
>>
>>18585618
1 dimension can't be divided... try to imagine an object with no length and no width.
>>
>>18585648
>How can you be certain?

I have come across hundred of undeniable evidences supporting the flat Earth model that, at the same time disprove the globe.
These two short clip alone plus some common sense are all that is needed to destroy the spinning ball.
If you aren't mentally impaired and able to understand how perspective works then you will figure out very easily why they are undeniable proof the ball model is dead.

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-9534848-stock-footage-time-lapse-of-the-moon-setting-over-water-with-moving-stars-and-milky-way-note-there-are-many.html

https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/video/clip-4526936-stock-footage-moon-rise-from-the-ocean-timelapse-with-stars.html?src=recommended/2516963:5/3p
>>
>>18581919
Buddhists call this false reality Maya.
>>
>>18582805
If you chose not to believe in something, nothing I do will convince you otherwise.
>>
>>18581624
What happens when the reality above us turns off our simulation?
>>
>>18581553
You better not be that faggot who thinks the best way to advertise his shitty collection poems is making "world is simulation or not" threads on /x/.
>>
>>18581653
No he isn't, you are.
Yours is the quick and dirty upgrade to our current model that doeesn't fix the problem.
He's talking about the entirely new physics model.
Take your nauseating outdated and troublesome model away, it needs to go even if it hurts huge egos doing so.
>>
>>18581553
>A UK, Canadian and Italian study has provided what researchers believe is the first observational evidence that our universe could be a vast and complex hologram.
>probably
>observational
>those institutes
>those previous works by researchers

Wew lad, I am not gonna lie, I am not at all worried I am a computer program yet.
>>
Fyi holographic universe doesn't mean holographic as in "funky piece of plastic with 3d effect and the earth is flat now", but rather "holographic laser film that contains more than what is assumed".
Basically this model accepts theres more to the universe than mets the eye, but fedoras are resisting it because it hurts their feelings and egos.
>>
>>18586105
Nobody said you were.
In any case holo universe has more evidence going for it than newtonian-cartesian, since n-c is a broken model.
>>
>>18586112
>more proof
>bags of gold

Please anon, I get that you have some sort of idea what you are talking about, but both systems are badly flawed as of right now.
Also this thread is a mix of people who are talking holographic as in string theory, and holographic as in 3 dimensional projection from another source.
>>
>mfw the hologram of 2pac was actually his ghost
>>
>>18586130
bags of gold?
Anon, the brain is theorized to work a bit like holograms do, as it has been that heavy removal of tissue wouldn't do away with the ability to solve mazes in mice.
You know that if you cut in half holographic film you still get a full image, dont you?
>>
>>18586150
as it has been OBSERVED
I was hungry and ate the word.
>>
>>18586150
Pockets of space able to exceed the theoretic limit their area entails under holographic theories.
Also bud, certain parts of the brain have little impact on maze solving, and hencd could be removed, hardly proves the whole organ is holographic.
>>
>>18586325
Are you a fedora?
You certainly have this halo of knowitall that denies furiously what he doesn't like.
>>
>>18586346
I'm religious, but that is more for my own personal reasons than for any belief that it is actually "true" in the scientific sense.

I believe in hard evidence, in this case solid names on a document published in a high-tier journal.
I neither like nor dislike the forces behind our universe, I just have yet to see any aforementioned hard evidence they are described by this theory, given not only the theory's flaws, but also that this is one of the first times I have seen it, and the document in OP is written and backed by quacks and literal whos.
>>
>>18585698
(You)
>>
>>18581636
gotta wait for that DLC
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.