[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been years since this happened to me, /x/, but I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1458669737104.png (153KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458669737104.png
153KB, 421x500px
It's been years since this happened to me, /x/, but I thought I'd finally share an experience that unsettles me still.

Probably about twelve years ago I lived in a developing area of Arizona and often would walk to the Circle K down the road late at night to get some snacks or smokes. There was always a ton of construction equipment on the side of the roads since no one involved in the development of the area really gave a fuck.

Anyways, one night, at about 2 AM, I was doing my usual walk to the Circle K. Part way to the store I got that instinctual feeling something was watching me so I casually looked around, just making sure no one was planning to rob me. More and more I wish it had been a junkie who just wanted my wallet.

I don't know how to really describe what it was, but I'll try. Maybe one of you have seen it too. There were those concrete barriers lined up along the sides of the road, the kind you see dividing highways. Well, the thing was kind of behind them at first. It was the purest black I've ever seen, as if light feared to touch it. Ever seen that movie Stir of Echoes? Remember that jagged way the dead girl walked in some scenes, all jerky and like she had done all her part in reverse and then it was reversed again to make her movement look even more unnatural? Yeah, that's how this thing moved. It was a little smaller than your average man. For some reason the idea of a dog like thing came into mind. It's limbs were kind of longer than seems natural and I remember it wasn't looking at me at first but it started to sort of "walk" towards me on all fours, not like crawling but kind of like how spiders move. Sort of.

Cont.
>>
At this time I was still kind of walking, watching it while trying to keep quiet as possible. My gut wouldn't stop screaming at me to not make a single noise of fear or run, or stop. As it approached it disappeared behind the concrete barriers for a few seconds before it's hand slipped over the edge of one and it's head appeared. If it had a face it was hidden behind the pitch dark that enveloped this thing. But I knew it was looking at me and as it slowly kind of straddled the barrier I knew it was time for me to stop looking at it.

So I stopped looking. I kept walking like I had never seen anything. It never made a noise but I had the sense it followed me for a short distance before leaving. If I had looked back I'd surely be dead.

I got my snacks and went home back along the main road, knowing it wouldn't be there on the way back and fearing it might have gone to wait on one of the side roads. I don't think it was malicious, more like very curious, but curious in the way it would have liked to kill me just to open me up and see what was inside.

I've never shared this story because I know it's full blown crazy but to this day I would testify before God what I saw. Ever since then I'm never alone like I was that night. I always make sure someone is nearby, even if it's just a neighbors on the other side of my apartment walls. It feels like if I'm ever truly alone again, like out at sea, or hiking solo, or even just deep in one of those storage places late at night, I'll see it again and no one will see me again, alive at least.

It makes me wonder if it is the chupacabra that Latinos speak of. I doubt the tales of such a thing less after my experience.

Has anyone seen the same thing? Does anyone know what it might have been? Something deep down tells me I need its name.
>>
File: Strider.jpg (1MB, 1900x1247px) Image search: [Google]
Strider.jpg
1MB, 1900x1247px
Just google'd shadow walker. But found Stiltwalker instead from a creepypasta. Did the creature resemble something like this?
>>
>>18579353
Surprisingly, yes, but imagine it just a little more human like, with limbs more like our own. Also it's head was man-like too, but no eyes I could see. I could see nothing but its shape.
>>
Any distinct noises or smells you can remember?
>>
>>18579374
Sounds like one hell of an experience you went through. How recent was this?
>>
>>18579381
No, I don't remember any smells but I do remember it made no noise when it moved, which was a big thing I noticed. Given that a lot of the area was under development there was a lot of gravel and dirt and small rocks even in the road so there was always a crunching as I walked down the road.
>>
>>18579386
Probably about twelve years ago. 2005 or 2006 for sure.
>>
>>18579399
I've never heard of this type of entity before. Do you know of any local history or lore, or even a reservation near by?

Also have you had any unexplained experiences before this one?
>>
>>18579396
It sounds like it was incorporeal but not enough so to lack a "Physical" form. Not sure what it was. I can attempt to find something
>>
>>18579318
ride the painted pony, let the spinning wheel glide
>>
>>18579410
Well in about an hour or two as a precaution. It's still early morning here and it's still dark. I've always been suseptible to wierd things. Never see. Just hear, feel, smell things.
>>
>>18579409
No, there's nothing I've been able to tie it to, but I've never really looked. Sometimes I just mull the memory over before putting it on the shelf again. It's why I came here, I thought one of you may know.

And no, no unexplained experiences before or after.
>>
>>18579410
I'd appreciate it. Since this board is pretty slow I'm going to keep up on this thread. I want to know whatever I can about it, no matter how questionably related or obscure. If I ever encounter it again I want to be prepared.
>>
>>18579426
Any distinct traits like clawed hands or human like hands tendrils or flowing hairs. Stuff like that
>>
>>18579431
Yeah no problem. I like to help people.
>>
>>18579438
Human hands, no hair that I could see. The most distinctive part of the memory for me is the way the thing moved. I probably would have brushed the experience off as weird but a very elaborate trick of the mind if it hadn't been for the shakey, jaggedy way it "walked."
>>
>>18579448
Yeah that sounds creepy AF. And Noted.
>>
>>18579468
Aside from the glowing eyes this hit a chord in me. I already feel a small amount of dread. From what was described the only things off are the eyes and maybe the arms. Don't know why this make me feel uneasy though
>>
>>18579487
Mix that image with the one on all-fours from above and remove the eyes and that's damned close to what it looked like.

Since I started this thread I've been examining the memory as deeply as I can. One detail that probably doesn't matter is the whole encounter, regarding me looking at it, probably lasted thirty seconds total.
>>
>>18579498
Same anon. Your body will do that in a fight or flight scenario during even training fights I've had the adrenaline was enough to slow down my perception of time to allow for proper decision making. So it could be that or something similar, Or the scariest side is it was unnervingly fast
>>
OP here. I figured it was unfair for me to ask /x/ to figure it out so I've been doing "research" too. The only thing that comes close to the description of shadow people but they're all depicted as human, which I strongly feel this thing never was.

Maybe it was a one-of-a-kind thing. I don't know. What I do know is I'm going to take a couple hours of a nap and check back in on this thread when I get up.
>>
>>18579563
Alright Op. I will still be here until I go to work. I will attempt to help as I can.
>>
http://www.angelsghosts.com/types_of_shadow_people_shadow_ghosts Something to read for a small amount of understanding ~Helping Anon
>>
OP here again. Looks like this thread has quieted down but I'll keep checking in on it until it disappears.
>>
http://www.nataliakuna.com/shadow-people--dark-beings.html about halfway down is about the closest I can find. Everything on that page should be considered but it's near the bad scratch of shadow people. Helping Anon out. I need to sleep
>>
>>18579811
Thank you for your help, Helping Anon. I still haven't quite made sense of the thing I saw but maybe there's just no sense to be made of it. I appreciate what you've done.
>>
>>18579933
If I every get anything else I'll make a new thread with a few screenshots for you
>>
>>18579944
That sounds pretty super great to me. I'm going to look in some more esoteric texts since I know I can't be the only person who has encountered whatever thing I saw.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.