[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, one year later does anyone have a clue what the Black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

So, one year later does anyone have a clue what the Black Star video means?
>>
>>18573079
he's a black star
>>
>>18573088
What does all the weird symbolism mean?
>>
>>18573079
He and Elvis Presley shared the same birthday, January 8th...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Jkv1cs6PE
>>
I'm pretty sure it has somethning to do with vaccines being tiny ufos and the phantom of the opera
>>
>>18573079
This discussion belongs on /mu/ more than here, but it's largely a commentary on ritual within religion (see also: the dancers jerking around like marionettes, the womens' ritual at the end, the sheer amount of time elapsed going by the "solitary candle" and the mountain of wax around it), the cult of personality inherent in religion (see also: the use of Maoist imagery with Bowie himself, holding the book of the Blackstar aloft), and mortality (literally goddamn everything). The Lovecraftian implications of the thing stalking the sacrifices are fairly obvious.
>>
>>18573125
It was literal, not commentary you moronic faggot.

It was a ritual to try to save his life and failing that ensure a pleasant after life.
>>
>>18573079
/mu/tant here, just to tell you to stop jacking off to this "MUH SYMBOLISM" shit, he was always a pretencious faggot who tried too hard to put "occult" messages in his songs. He was always an edgy fuck doing all he could for fame.

Trust me on this one.
>>
The album seems like an overly creative man's struggle to cope with his impending doom.
>>
File: Gnostic.png (796KB, 650x490px) Image search: [Google]
Gnostic.png
796KB, 650x490px
He's talking about some Gnostic-tier shit.
>>
File: david-bowie.jpg (198KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie.jpg
198KB, 1600x1200px
>>18573284
>Bowie expert.

Go back /mu/ you are out of your element.

And by that I mean pretentious post rock.
>>
File: 1306647184215.jpg (35KB, 418x650px) Image search: [Google]
1306647184215.jpg
35KB, 418x650px
>>18573365
pretentiousness? on MY /x/?
>>
Perhaps but it's not for you to know.
>>
File: Aladdin Sane.jpg (31KB, 450x448px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin Sane.jpg
31KB, 450x448px
>>18573416
I just want to know where the party's at.
>>
The music video itself is about the stages of spirtual power. More or less.

Bowie plays the different characters that represent each. Blind follower (the blindfold with button eyes) the preacher or priest (when the music changes and he speaks faster and more confidently) and then lastly would be a person who is gaining actual "enlightenment" which i don't think he actually personfies. Towards the end you see the jeweled up skull ritual with a few of the people you saw dancing around throughout the video representing the people who "get it". And then (Bowie?) A few blindfolded people are hung up on crosses like scarecrows screaming. Representing the people that "don't get it".

Tons of other symbolism too. The skull itself is super important. Remember the other video with the astronaut? It's his skull. The planet he landed on's people found his skull and started worshiping it.

Blackstar is the end of his message basically. He had the other two videos and songs that were the other parts.
>>
Finally I see a thread about this. I've been trying to make sense of this for about a year now. Here's what i got so far:

The video is filled to the brim with Quabalistic symbolism. The eclipse of the sun/moon symbolizes the sephiroth of Da'ath. Take a look at the tree of life - Da'ath eclipses Kether as seen from Tiphareth

The weird harlem shake people do in the video represents Kundalini. Check out Osho's kundalini shake on youtube.
>>
>>18573352
Hit the Nail on the head.
>>
>>18573079
2/10 for making me reply.
>>
File: 1477616444519.gif (74KB, 348x533px) Image search: [Google]
1477616444519.gif
74KB, 348x533px
black star is some of the best LSD you can buy

bowie died just like huxley died

with a drug trip

that it

it was assisted suicide
>>
>>18573718
i found this out by reading infinite jest btw

pretty insane book

but im pretty sure im on the money
>>
Black star is Saturn guys.
>>
>>18573738
But was it Saturn to Bowie?

Its what it meant to him that helps us understand it ya know?
>>
>>18573767
Nah. He sang a song to show his acceptance that he never was a bright star. But a black star. (ahh)
>>
File: 1472170755372.jpg (200KB, 1204x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472170755372.jpg
200KB, 1204x900px
>>18573357
This man gets it.
>>
>>18573079
i am the black star and bowie is a dyke looking faggot who sold his soul. Damn puppet gone now bye bye
>>
>>18573079
Did anyone find out what the pieces of star mean?
>>
File: Planet_nine_artistic_plain.png (1MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Planet_nine_artistic_plain.png
1MB, 1024x683px
>>18573079
the 9th planet
>>
>>18575914
It's his name, Bowie
>>
>>18573079
Excuse the fedora tipping, but I get the feeling that it's about desperately looking to established religion for answers about the meaning of life and death, and being both disgusted and frightened with where that journey leads a lot of people.

Like others have said, the majority of the video is ostentatious, dogmatic ritual. What is left after removing that imagery from the video, as well as lots of other serious pursuits in actual daily life? Only menacing death with no comfort. His expressions and body language are abundant in cynicism, expressing his disgust, and actually seem pretty genuine, the way in Lazarus he able to embody terror or panic pretty well.

Its a satire on religion in general, while being a creative edgelord, I guess. On some of the specific stuff, The spooky skellington in the beginning is obviously his ego, Major Tom being destroyed. I think the blindfold is just saying how clueless everyone really is.

I also take him holding the book to play with the idea of putting him in the role of preacher, like each person is ultimately in charge of how they interpret and piece religion into their lives, including rejecting it entirely and being atheist, but no matter what, everything still leads to the same miserable conclusion, like the people crucified at the end, even the most pious still leave the world screaming and blind.
>>
File: bowie invents vapor wave.jpg (10KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
bowie invents vapor wave.jpg
10KB, 299x300px
Bowie was deep into the occult, like actually really into it, not like modern musicians who pretend to be le spooky illumanaughty.
Near the end of his life he claimed to be a gnostic.
You can see occult symbolism sprinkled in all his music videos and lyrics.
He really was a renaissance man, acting, fashion, painting, music, theater, the occult.

On other more esoteric websites i have seen it claim he was the incarnation of Dionysus.

I really think the whole album was a concept album about his life and impeding death, dying gave him a real creative kick in the ass.
Maybe it was even a ritual.
2016 was a hell of a year.
>>
It's about reflecting on a life of fame and forune in a time of mortality.

This is not /x/
>>
>>18573079
The black star is the light that shines in the underworld. He is the light of hell.
>>
>>18573138
Citation needed
Also at your earliest convenience please turn six.
>>
>>18573718
What is this guy called again?
>>
>>18573284
Post that on /mu/ if you got balls faggot
>>
>>18576125
That's cool, but then who's Daedalus?
>>
>>18576345
I ain't citing you shit cunt.

Also...I'm 7.
>>
>>18573284
>browsing /mu/ in 2k17

So are you 15 or just lonely?
>>
File: 1484550062960.jpg (314KB, 1636x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484550062960.jpg
314KB, 1636x900px
>>18573103
me3

>>18573095
pretty sure it means he did a lot of shit that is considered taboo nowadays, and in his awakening (release from ego) he felt like total shit and bore the weight of responsibility of his sins, thus causing cancer.
>>
>>18573767
>>18573738
Capricorn is ruled by Saturn.
We have a sort of energy, that is unique.
>>
>>18573095
It looks cool.
>>
>>18578749
He did get considerably more traditional, morality wise. I can imagine there was a lot of shit he looked back on with disgust.
Like fucking Mick Jagger.
>>
>>18578774
I looked through his interviews, from when he first started out vs late 80s and 90s;
in the early ones he was quite combative vs his interviewees and was probably on drugs, vs later when he would just ramble on telling stories- possibly to avoid question and just deflect any chance of his soul/energy/being being noticed.

IMO he fucked a lot of underage girls, and then had children who were girls and totally fucked himself in the head (just one possibility I worked out, having a history myself)

Life is fucking crazy.
>>
>>18578803
I'm honestly glad he got his shit together later on in life. He was a good guy at heart, even through the worst of it.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.