[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you guys had succes with the law of attraction? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7078.jpg (28KB, 469x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7078.jpg
28KB, 469x247px
Have any of you guys had succes with the law of attraction? Can someone tell me more about the subject?
>>
>>18570613
It's mystical bullshit made up to sell self-help books like The Secret. In a dead-end job, a failing marriage and struggling to make ends meet? Well, for only $19.99, you can learn how to think happy thoughts and make all your problems fix themselves!*
*results may vary
>>
>>18570663
As I understand it, part of the premise is that if you walk around thinking nothing but negative thoughts, concentrating on the fact that you "lack" this or that,...
you subconsciously are programming your mind to "be" in that state and thus subconsciously make decisions, and continue life patterns, that keep you in this condiotion
>>
>>18570684
Thinking positively is absolutely a good thing, but just thinking happy thoughts isn't going to make your life's problems magically fix themselves, which is what a lot of people seem to think will happen.
>>
>>18570663
"The Secret" didn't create the idea of the law of attraction. But it did make bank on an excessively simple feel good version of it.
>>
File: 51SgT4ChgWL.jpg (40KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
51SgT4ChgWL.jpg
40KB, 350x500px
The LOA works, but it is a matter of learning something. So you can't just throw a Physics book at a kid and expect him to become a Physicist. Not every human being can utilize the universal forces of the LOA.
This can be highly disappointing to some who may take a serious attempt at it and fail.
Like wise, some may be naturally adept at the LOA and learn to use it immediately. Throwing a college text book at an adult with high IQ and most likely he will be able to read, learn, and fully understand the book.
>>
Get in here, everyone. This is huge.

>>18570711
>>
>>18570684
cont'd

its been blown out of proportion by wannabe mythbusters and cynics.

the other main premise, as I perceive it personally, is that, in order to excel, strive and succeed at reaching further and bigger and better goals, progressing in life in a positive, lucrative direction,...
you have to imagine, think, plan, act in harmony with the positive direction you would like to go. its really just basic life skills,
but since the public schools in america are so dumb, things like this come of sounding like new age mumbo jumbo.

its not just "think happy thoughts" or "visualize a new Ferrari in my driveway"
it has more practical steps involved bu the main thing is getting rid of negative thinking and decision patterns and replace them with positive, constructive, goal supporting thoughts, decisions and actions.
in the absence of extreme obstacles, these practices lead to success through natural, practical means, it shouldnt be considered a
"secret doctrine" or some shit
>>
>>18570701
>>18570706
cant argue with that.
its not just "think happy sugary thoughts and I will become a millionaire overnight"
>>
>>18570722
this
>>
>>18570707
So basically, if you try really hard, you might succeed.

Great.
>>
>>18570993

Just like with magick. Intention.
>>
>>18570722
I hate those wannabe mythbusters. There are way to many people out there who try to get people to see them as more logical or smarter than the average boob, and to do so they find an easy target or put up a straw man in place of one and then knock it down.

But then again there are plenty of average boobs who think that regular quartz crystals contain and emanate healing power, etc.

I guess I dislike both types of people.
>>
Oh great, the new age fags are at it again.
>>
>>18571011
At least the Space Jews from Atlantis have yet to make an appearance.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.