[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most plain and innocent religion? Nothing loaded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

What's the most plain and innocent religion?

Nothing loaded with thousands of years of history. I need a religion that basically says: be nice, man.
>>
To be perfectly honest, Jedis.
>>
Well that's the problem. They all say "be nice, man." But then read a little further and they say slaughter the unbelievers.
>>
>>18563636
it's called the golden rule. it's not even a religion. simple as it gets. you paraphrased it.
>>
>>18563645
So Unitarian Universalists would be the correct answer since they cut out that last part.
>>
>>18563636
source on the image
>>
>>18563636
> I need a religion that basically says: be nice, man

Rastafari
>>
>>18563708
Duuuuude
>>
Zoroastrianism
>>
Islam
>>
>>18563719
Also funeral costs are almost non existent
>>
>>18563669
black mirror s03e02
dont watch it it fucking sucks
>>
>>18563636
Why can't you just be nice man. You clearly wouldn't be very invested as you're just looking for something casual to suit your tastes, so why do you need someone telling you what to do. If you have those values already, act on them.
>>
File: haile-selassie-i.jpg (43KB, 600x399px)
haile-selassie-i.jpg
43KB, 600x399px
>>18563708
Haile Selassie I.

Last king of Ethiopia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io8K2noPT78
>>
>>18563636
Why do u need a religion to tell u that?
>>
>>18563636
Taoism. Or just, you know, don't be a cunt. I think Jesus said that.
>>
>>18563708
>Rastafari
this.

Rastafari conceals a great deal of spiritual awareness in a very simple package.
>>
File: junl20i1.gif (74KB, 524x907px)
junl20i1.gif
74KB, 524x907px
Jainism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAc33hNc7ak&list=PLS0CO0PT_kEKyDyIhphi6rqoWSX3hK_E4&index=3
>>
Hail Eris.

The whole thing is "just have fun"
>>
File: rufusjones7.jpg (66KB, 720x720px)
rufusjones7.jpg
66KB, 720x720px
>>18563636
>be nice, man

So Quakerism then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers
>>
>>18564062
lol , no. Read before you preach.
>>
>>18563976
dude
>>
Buddhism is pretty damn peaceful. Most Abraham traditions are terrible. Islam is superrr violent.
>>
>>18563708
>>18563976

>getting all your information on a religion from Reggae music
>ISHYGDDT
Rastafarianism originated as a form of black supremacy and Rastas can be just as religiously intolerant as any religious devotee.
>>
>>18564177
Just look at the history of Buddhist nations. Nothing but peace in china, japan, india, Sri lanka, vietnam, cambodia...

Oh wait, no - those places are filled to the brim with war, genocide, and atrocities.
>>
>>18564229
They also had a shitload of other religions besides buddhism.

Not saying that they are ultimately peaceful, but you can blame a lot of religions for those wars including the abrahamic ones.
>>
>>18564181
so we're judging all religions based on a specific and extremist subset of that religion? Good to know. That does make it easier to pigeonhole and judge people, thanks for the advice. One love.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>18563730
Undeniably of the lineage of David.

Wonder how his surviving family is doing.
>>
>>18564229
People naturally wage war against each other just like chimps. War is destined to be within a society. That and religions other than buddhism generally were intertwined within state policy. Most buddhists do not involve themselves in politics. Buddhism is in general centered around alleviating unnecessary suffering.

A good example of a peaceful society within an extremely hostile environment would've been tibet. That is for the most part a buddhist government mixed with pagan ideas from pre buddhism tibet.
>>
>>18563636
Base Wicca is basically that. Just ignore all their faggoty chants and "spells" and just realize that they are basically all about self confidence.

Also LaVeyan Satanism. Its not at all what you can draw from the name.
>>
Stoicism is GOAT
>>
>>18563708
HAHAHAHA WEED MON! LOVA LOVA LOVA LOVA! XDDDD
>>
>>18564465
Hocus Pocus Alaka Dick! xD
>>
Wicca
>>
>>18563636
Why do you need a religion to tell you that? You figured it out on your own.
>>
>>18563636
Supreme Master Ching Hai. Look her up.
>>
File: VRhx8s3.jpg (39KB, 420x420px)
VRhx8s3.jpg
39KB, 420x420px
>>18563708
The correct answer is Islam, as it is well known as the religion of peace.
>>
Try atheism and morality you absolute spanner.

Empower yourself already.
>>
>>18564547
>anon actually thinks he's cool
>>
>>18563636
I don't understand what the logic of this is. Do you not hold any beliefs to yourself? Just believe in what you believe, if it doesn't describe a religion then it doesn't describe one. Life is not required for you to attach yourself to a pre-established belief system.
>>
>>18563708
>Afrocentric homophobes
>Plus everything else carried over from Christianity
Not peaceful at all.
>>
File: Baphosimb.gif (8KB, 180x180px)
Baphosimb.gif
8KB, 180x180px
Laveyan Satanism isn't bad. It's not great but it's the closest thing to a "modern" religion there is. And as euphoric as it sounds, you don't need a religion. You just need to be nice, man on your own.
>>
>>18563772
Was also gonna say Taoism.
>>
File: le demiurge.png (8KB, 203x248px)
le demiurge.png
8KB, 203x248px
The three main religions of the world are Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, these are called the abrahmic religions.
They all worship the same sky god, although they have different prophets.

There is a form of Christianity called gnostic Christianity which refers to the god of Abraham as "the demi urge", the demi urge is a dick who created this reality, which is actually a prison, and the only way to escape according to the gnostics is through divine knowledge.

As for the idea of there being a religion as simplistic as "be nice", that sounds stupidly childish and you dont need a religion to tell you to do that.

In conclusion, neck yourself lad
>>
>>18565275
literally the gayest form of satanism, started by a jew who was just larping the philosophy of ayn rand, then turns into a bunch of liberals larping satanism because its totally funny xDDD
>>
>>18565319
You're not wrong, but I think it's a lot better than a book written thousands of years ago to stop dirt farmers from fucking pigs.
>>
That episode of black mirror was really disturbing to me, couldnt stop remembering my badtrips with lsd an other stuffs, i woulndt recommend anyone to take those drugs (or any drug) so many bad trips that goes like this episode and you simply cannot disconnect from it
>>
Wicca is kind of lame, but its only rule is: "And if it harm none do what ye will"
>>
Every religion has more to it other than 'be nice'. Why do you need a religion to teach you or reinforce what your mom should have taught you?
>>
>>18564095
>"Eris is the Greek goddess of strife and discord"
Pretty sure strife and discord include a lot of not-being-nice.
>>
>>18564780
Atheism necessarily implies the nonexistence (and, indeed, impossibility) of morality.
>>
>>18564547
Lmao good joke
>>
>>18563636
Buddhism?
>>
>>18568667
Well, more like you need to make your own morality and all morality is subjective. So if your morality is 'be nice' then bam, atheism is exactly what you're looking for
>>
>>18568850

I second this. Not my choice, as it's basically organized athiest, but very peaceful. In fact I'd say Hinduism if you want more of a theistic belief system.
>>
>>18563636
>Nothing loaded with thousands of years of history. I need a religion that basically says: be nice, man.
This is Dudeism in a nutshell
>>
>>18568858
>Well, more like you need to make your own morality and all morality is subjective.
And hence, no morality can claim any kind of legitimacy.
>>
Buddhism isnt a religion, and they dont inherently believe in reincarnation. go with it buddy.
>>
>>18563636
Druidism
>>
>>18570171
Animistic druids, I mean. Worship of our earth, the stars, plants and living things.
>>
>>18570171
As a Druid I can tell you that it depends on how OP interprets it. Just like any religion. I mean come on. Druids used to smash people's heads on rocks because...well because why not? It may make crops grow. If not, who cares?
>>
>>18570174
This is true
>>
>>18570176
That is why I think the prospect of looking for an innocent religion is stupid. The religion itself is only as innocent or guilty as the people following it.

All Druidism states is basically that, all forms of life and knowledge are of equal importance and that we should seek balance in it all, if not mastery of it all.
>>
>>18565018
here's a (you) fgt
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.