[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> finally make contact with alien planet > look exactly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ary-ya-y-m-ayy-lmao-9864277.png (76KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
ary-ya-y-m-ayy-lmao-9864277.png
76KB, 500x347px
> finally make contact with alien planet
> look exactly like us
> same races, animals, ecology, climate
> different history, geography, tech and cultures

What would this mean for humanity? What would be the ramifications and how would we respond? How would this challenge what you thought you knew?

What if they had almost identical world religions?
>>
What if they wore hats on their feet?
>>
Who made contact whit who and when
>>
>>18557973
Hypothetically.
>>
>>18557969
then they wouldn't be hats.
>>
>>18557969
>>18557990
Shoe on head would be fantastic.
>>
File: 1441885555975.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1441885555975.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>18557990
>>
>>18557964
It would mean the Mormons were right all along.
>>
>>18557964
What if they all look like Aliens from Star Trek, but only the Original Series and not Next Generation?
>>
The most important point would be morals
if they don't share our morality the cultural exchange could be extremely dangerous, that would define if we kill each other, if we fuck each other, or if we close the portal and forget about them forever.

I hope their moral standards allow them to breed with pretty much anything anywhere...
>>
>>18557964

personally i've always said it's foolish to assume any alien out there appears as aliens we traditionally see and invent in media- wonky, tentacles and different appendages, etc. i mean it's certainly not impossible, but humans don't even begin to think that we, too, are aliens. we are aliens to any other sentient life in our system/universe. so if we look like us, it's not any stretch of my imagination to think there could be an alien species that developed near exactly. i mean, the science behind our planet and our existence is fairly solid. so it wouldn't challenge my preconceptions insofar as that.

if they developed almost exact to us it'd make sense if they had similar world religions. if it was exact it'd feel weird, and maybe it would challenge us all to reconsider faith in a higher power as something valid if it can span two completely separate but near identical alien species.

as >>18558477 said their morals/ethics would be up to question but if everything else developed similarly i struggle to think why those wouldn't also develop the same. taking all that into account, our people would probably just go to war in some manner bc lets face it, the human race kind of sucks, and if our race does, theirs probably does too.

but yeah, hope they're dtf
>>
>>18558582
Microevolution is part of that proven science. Tiny differences in climate cause huge changes in relatively short periods of time. Science, in my opinion, would prove all alien species to be like snowflakes, and every one be different.
>>
>>18557964
It would obviously not be a coincidence. We could deduce that life was designed/created in that scenario.
>>
>>18558582
>>18559473

Thank you for your answer.

That's pretty much my point. How quickly would we decide that evolution wasn't the answer and that there may be a god. Science would be thrown up into the air and you might get huge internal divides with some branches studying the holy books. You would get new religions claiming we had the same god. Stern atheists would go with an alien creator, Prometheus style.

Any alien contact would create a huge cultural shift, but I feel like finding ourselves specifically would be the greatest challenge to how we perceive ourselves.
>>
Disease might fuck us/them up.
>>
File: Great Silence.png (277KB, 1348x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Great Silence.png
277KB, 1348x1086px
>>18557964
>>
>>18558452
Better Smith than Hubbard, I guess.
>>
>>18559932
Too many movies.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.