[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm at the point in meditation where while meditating I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Many-Galaxies-3.jpg (382KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Many-Galaxies-3.jpg
382KB, 700x467px
I'm at the point in meditation where while meditating I become pretty much just a bare bones breathing existing body and nothing more. What's the next stage?
>>
Sell soul
>>
Honestly, at that point it becomes more a question of 'what do you want to do' rather than 'what's the procedure'.
Spiritually, or meditation wise, what are your goals?
>>
File: 1464359474650.jpg (562KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1464359474650.jpg
562KB, 1280x1280px
Taking into onsideration that you are still not one with the universe you still have a lot to learn.

Start for the realms of your home belief.

Meaning, heaven or hell, Id, Ego, Supergo, start with the dualities, like yin and yang so you can move to three dimensional worlds, fourth dimensial, etc...

The goal it's the ten worlds.
>>
They're stages of visualization, think of them as the diffence between doing a mental image of geometrical figures.
>>
>>18556876
To destroy/lose my ego
>>
>>18556890
Ah, then in that case might I recommend the tummo.
Maybe you've already experienced it's initial stage, where you have the sensation of being a tiny point inside your body and your body blows up like a balloon. If you're only interested in not freezing to death that's the point where you make your little point glow with heat, but the heat thing is really more of a side effect or means of testing the practitioner's skill.
If instead of strictly physical heat you generate a glow of compassion for all living beings, eventually you can come to a point where your ego basically dissolves and you realize that 'I am you and you are me and we are all together'.
>>
>>18556814
Both the question and the answer must come from within you.
>>
>>18556814

If you become that when you're meditating, what are you when you're not meditating?
>>
Can you suggest some meditation reads? Or is any book just as good as the rest?
>>
>>18556814
I used to meditate a lot back in high school when I was practicing martial arts daily. Whenever I got to the completely empty mind breathing machine body phase I was stuck there for a few weeks when one day I reached a new plateau that I call the "void". The only way I can describe it is being one with the universe. there is nothing, you are nothing, but the energy that exists withing everything. Maybe I should start meditating again. I was strongest mentally, physically, and spiritually then although I feel like I may be getting physically stronger now that I'm working out and I can see that I've gotten larger.
>>
You cannot truly banish illusion of the ego to a greater extent if you do not banish the illusion of gods, souls, and anything else. There is no difference between "in" and "out," everything is part of one unified system, one universe. Also, thinking that we are all "in the mind of God" is the ego reflecting itself on the largest scales. During meditation when you have stopped all thinking, what exists is change and the present moment.

If you only seek to become a bare bones breathing existing body, what you desire is a lobotomy. The next step if you want wisdom and self-mastery is to direct your honed awareness onto your own thoughts. For example you are now aware that as you read this text a voice in your head is subvocalizing it. Now stop reading and let your mind think naturally while maintaining awareness of your thoughts as they pass through your head. Being aware that your thoughts are merely words, mental phenomenon is a huge step in changing your relationship to them. This narrative constantly running in our heads often becomes our reality, we respond to it as if it were real, such as with regret, anxiety, and imagined fears, but also desires.

The more you catch yourself thinking and instead of pushing the thoughts away view them in a neutral context and let them flow, the more you build self-mastery. You become less reactive, you won't have your agency subverted by advertising and sensationalist media, you will be able to be more compassionate about the world, less depressed, and will be able to reason more clearly.
>>
>>18556814
> i become pretty much just a bare bones breathing existing body and nothing more
what is the difference to reach this conclusion through a rational procedure than through meditation?. i mean, everybody can understand this poetic mess in a certain context. why is different in the mystic realm?. it feels like you meditators romanticize the feeling you had after a thought like that. (the just a bare bones breathing existence thought)
>>
>>18559414
No. Your realization stays in your mind only. It exists but as nothing but thought.

Things like these, with meditation, are experienced.

Would you rather read about sex or practice it? Would you rather think about a delicious food or taste it?
>>
>>18559324
Start with 'The Inner Smile'
>>
>>18556814
>Not becoming energy in the void.
>>
>>18559414
There are limits to language and reason, this is why in science there's empirical evidence as opposed to everything attempted to be derived from first principles. The existential equivalent is phenomenological experience: your first-person experience of being. Meditation can be one way to experience philosophical truth rather than deriving it from putting words together.

Here's one philosophical aspect of meditation that can be understood, but that understanding isn't -realized- without experience. Past and future do not exist, they are merely mental constructs, stories in the mind, simulations of what was and what will be. All that truly exists is the present moment and change that flows around this always-present moment. During a type of meditation where you try to shut off your inner voice and simply experience your body and the world, past and present are not experienced at all. When you practice this, and when you train it, you begin to realize how we go through life mostly daydreaming, and with little actual awareness, we are on autopilot a great deal of the time.

If you think rational procedure is enough, right now turn away from your computer or put down your device and simply observe the world around you and the feeling of your breathing without thinking of the past, future, or anything else. See how long you can do this, and notice how difficult it is.
>>
>>18559660
>>18559430

>If you think rational procedure is enough, right now turn away from your computer or put down your device and simply observe the world around you and the feeling of your breathing without thinking of the past, future, or anything else. See how long you can do this, and notice how difficult it is.
i don´t need to do it.
ok, i understand, we are nothing. is this a competition about how much time you stand in a concept or sensation?. (maybe is just that)
i don´t surprise myself anymore with that concept, i don´t need to endure this vision in myself because i don´t think it have more layers of understanding. it´s the final limit of thinking, ok, i can go for that.
now, why you meditators keep on fascinating with that experience?
to me all you are kind of addict to this sensation, or the power that you think this knowledge or experience give you. .
>>
The next stage is more varied, you enter the mushroom kingdom and have to rescue it from Michael Jackson, whom wields a seven edged katana.
Is this the kind of example of experience you are after? If so, I'm interested too.
>>
>>18556814
Kill yourself.
>>
>>18559715
I very much doubt you've earnestly attempted to experience what you're claiming you have.

If you had, these wouldn't be the impressions you took away from the experience.
>>
>>18560254
>If you had, these wouldn't be the impressions you took away from the experience.
you know somebody who don´t like or don´t enjoy a roller coaster ride?. if that, you say he is not experiencing the roller coaster?, or you say he doesn´t experience the roller coaster like you?.
is simple, man.
>>
File: scary pic 4.png (368KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
scary pic 4.png
368KB, 479x640px
becoming pic related
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.