[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forget what you think you know and focus your energies towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2017-01-23-03-26-08.png (249KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-23-03-26-08.png
249KB, 720x1280px
Forget what you think you know and focus your energies towards something insanely important and life changing: the power of confidence and positive thought.

I post this here because many people delve into spiritual and occult, I have noticed, with a great deal of personal and emotional baggage or issues, thinking a vast library of ancient knowledge will help in curing their own manias, or at least render them livable. More often than not these individuals find themselves unable to properly exercise themselves on to the path of intended outcome in whatever practise they picked up (enlightenment, gnosis), and often find themselves with more problems than they started with (unwanted entities, existential crises).

However from what I have observed, the only thing that can help anyone in whatever position and in any practise is confidence. It will get you through the toughest times and will get people to stick by you even without you having anything to offer apart from your unshakable belief in yourself. Education is important, but how far does one take it, to the point of being an armchair occultist riddled with personal issues yet claims to know "the secrets of the universe".

I could keep going but there's really no point trying to justify this, once you start practicing this you will realize all this and more. So let's get down to it, when you wake up and also throughout the day repeat to yourself:

1. I am the best.
2. I am worthy of happiness and kindness from others
3. I will make today a good day

And that's it. You can modify or add to it however you like. So simple, some might even call it overly simplistic, though personally I think you are better off with this than trying to wax philosophic about life's futility, that we are insignificant or calling up demons or entities we can never be too certain of.

Guaranteed way more effective and fast acting than any spell, prayer, dark ritual or spending hours and hours with your eyes closed and breathing slowly.
>>
>>18553540
i once did this prayer sort of things where it gathered energy from the planet genki dama style, it took around my entire life of believing in it a lot of weird shit and then 1 month and a half for energy to build up
>>
>>18553563
I don't think its that simple as just wishing it
>>
This self-confidence forcing thing is in contrast with the OP picture. The point of that image is that the ego has many forms and will keep doing that until you see through it. The guy sees through the ego, but his ego returns in a disguise: 'I'm so freakin' enlightened'.
This self-help style positive thinking can help to some degree, but not always. In fact you're just forcing 'good' thoughts instead of letting be what is. Bad thoughts and feelings need to be felt. They will go soon enough if you can see them as thoughts and feelings. There is no good without bad. If you're just keep calling bad things good in themind, you're basically lying to yourself imo
>>
File: 2ne1.jpg (41KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
2ne1.jpg
41KB, 500x495px
>>18553540
>1. I am the best.
>2. I am worthy of happiness and kindness from others
What the fuck man. What kind of egotistical delusional hubris of grandeur are you promoting? Have you no sense of decency to ever be humble? Your own ignorant pride will be your downfall.
>>
I don't mean to knock occult practices, I just feel so many here just aren't ready for that kind of thing. For example tulpa and succubus creation/ summoning. I think we can all heavily agree "fuck that", instead meme some confidence into yourself and get yourself some honeys. I am a NEET manlet with shitty beard growth, will never buy a lady a drink cuz I can barely afford mine. I'm not saying I now have a harem, but I have much better success with women than many tall, handsome men with good position, guys that I would envy in the past, but now my confidence sets me apart. There are other aspects to this if you want to know ask about it but its not my own intention to start a "how to get Qt3.14 thread"

What I was mainly trying to say is if something you want is attainable through mundane means go ahead and do it the good old fashioned way, and it might actually get done.

Feel free to ask me shit about my personal experience with this, or share your own.
>>
>>18553594
OP here
yeah I agree overly positive wishful thinking can actually be harmful, considering life is a flow of ups and downs and expecting only the ups is a sure way to make the downs more sorely felt. I tried to word the 'mantra' in a way that makes it less dependent on luck of the draw and more on what we can do about it (not "today will be a good day" but "I will make it one").
Sure, its great to acknowledge our shortcomings and be humble, but saying to yourself "I am the best" once every now and then is way better for you then going "why am I such a loser". the thinker thinks and the prover proves. you think something and you will actually go out of your way to prove yourself right. why not think something good?
>>
>>18553571
OP here.

When I first started I thought that too. I saw myself as useless and saying "I am the best" just felt like a lie. I will try not to repeat myself to much in this thread but 'what the thinker thinks, the prover proves'. it's not so much you simply believing in yourself, but you will end up setting about proving these believes right, whether positive or negative up to you.
>>
>>18553631
OP again
Yes humility is very important. One thing about humble people is that they are always polite and kind when engaging another person.
If you feel that having a positive outlook on yourself (even slightly exaggerated, nobody is or can be shown to be the 'best' in a general way, its just a good way to see yourself and others) then I'm sorry to hear that.
If you feel that you are not worthy of happiness and kindness from others that really sucks, I think we all feel like that sometimes and talking about it can give us strong emotions.
But if you want for other people to feel unworthy of kindness and happiness that's really shitty.
>>
>>18553725
i know humility is important its just that i have some sort of mission thing and upuntil i get it out of the way i can't move forward
>>
>>18553729
what is your mission?
>>
File: gentlemen.png (352KB, 448x458px) Image search: [Google]
gentlemen.png
352KB, 448x458px
Spot on OP, the greatest men to walk this earth have understood that simple truth, ultimate belief in ones self is a ceaseless source of strength. The Law of Attraction is paramount in why this works I believe.
>>
>>18553738
i learned a lesson in life and wanted to share it nothing else
>>
>>18553702
>I saw myself as useless
There is nothing wrong with that, no reason to imply there is reason to lie about it. Face the facts and live it. Some people are better than others, and others are truly useless.
I know a guy in real life who is dumb and lives on government handouts. His delusions of life getting better has gotten him nowhere fast. All he does it talk shit about other people, make racist comments, and makes up lies about how he is going to get this and that, and how he will do this and that.
His life is so bad, and he is so stupid, he actually thinks he would be happy if he won the lottery, but he will forever always be unhappy and miserable because he is a dumb fat lazy stupid piece of shit. His health is shot and his age is racking up but he never ever considered the concept of killing himself, blacks have incredible high self esteem. He lives in a hell and he is perfectly okay with that.
His name is Dominic.
>>
>>18553743
so share it here then, don't play hard to ger
>>
>>18553540

Is there some sort of spell or herbal mix I could make that would help me with confidence and positive thinking? Something I could mix up to help me think positive or give me confidence.
>>
>>18553750
Um no its a private thing something you would tell your kid or friends but i don't have kids or friends

i don't know what to do
>>
>>18553755
if i only could find someone willing to listen
>>
>>18553748
>calls a guy racist
>later says all black have (a certain trait)

that sounds kinda sad overall friendo, wouldn't want to be in that guys shoes.
for me though, personally i find that constantly reminding myself of my failures or calling myself shitty things just makes it that much worse, I proved to myself the things I was thinking, but my overall performance and actions improved the minute I started being nice to myself and trying to think positive about myself and my life.

experiment for you to try. for one week at work try repeat "I make many mistakes because I am only human" and the next week "today my work will be top quality because I fucking rock". is there a change in quality of your work?
>>
>>18553754
is this a joke.
the whole point of this post is you don't need to get mixed up in spells and potentially dangerous or time wasting rituals, you can get confidence by just being kind to yourself and saying nice things about yourself which you will end up trying to prove.
one other thing I haven't mentioned yet in building confidence is putting yourself in unfamiliar situations (travelling etc) and also conquering fears. used to be scared of heights really bad. went bunjee jumping, ziplining, parasailing and gained so much self confidence from facing my fears.
i feel like I might have just wasted my time on a shitpost, oh well. kinda funny if that's how you meant it
>muh irony
>>
Thank you very much OP. Your advice is very sound and it is going to make my life a whole lot better. I have been down and depressed and what you say makes sense and I believe it, I am worth it and I will have a good day! Thank you and I hope you have good days ahead op!
>>
>>18553800

I know but is there something tangible I can use to measure my confidence? Im already mindful but I want to add something else to my arsenal.
>>
>>18553915
fake it till you make it. many ups and downs you will face but rolling with the punches builds self esteem and character. remind yourself all the things you like about yourself daily. be aware of flaws but don't dwell on them, tell yourself "I are capable of overcoming my flaws (should have put that as one of the mantras).

how tangible can a state of mind be? why would you want to measure confidence. if you're confident you won't need to measure and reassure yourself.

When confident, why need more arsenal? You are the arsenal.
>>
>>18553963
*I am capable
originally wanted to word it with "you"
>>
File: fast track betterment..png (76KB, 1526x340px) Image search: [Google]
fast track betterment..png
76KB, 1526x340px
Thank you for this. Capped and will practice.
>>
no thoughts>happy thoughts
>>
>>18554907
I happen to like the happy toughts.
>>
>>18554907

Only sometimes. For the most part, thoughts are good. I got into eckhart toole for a while too. But thoughts can be good, just understanding when and how to direct them.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.