[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUICK /x/! It's a skeptic. Prove your super natural magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 150611A-Sagan[1].jpg (106KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
150611A-Sagan[1].jpg
106KB, 1500x900px
QUICK /x/! It's a skeptic. Prove your super natural magic alien ghosts are real to him.
>>
File: Chat_Schrdinger.png (86KB, 1000x531px) Image search: [Google]
Chat_Schrdinger.png
86KB, 1000x531px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3J-MvKQLfE

There are many things that science cannot explain, at least explainable yet as this time of human progress.
>>
Why?
>>
>>18553069
Ok bu-
HOLY SHIT CLOWN PANTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziB35K9shuI
>>
After we die there is a minuscule chance that aliens in the future will revive you.

Over an infinite amount of time, anything that is even remotely possible will happen.

An infinite amount of time would seem like no time to a dead person.

Q.E.D. Reincarnation
>>
>>18553069
>>18553054
Science still has not explained many things such as consciousness and free will, , what dark matter is and why it can seemingly break the law of conversation of mass. Gravitational anomalies on earth. Why the EM drive seems to work and even smaller things like why the placebo effect works and why our state of mind seems to be directly tied to our physical health if it's all just chemical reactions powering a machine.

You cannot deny everything science has done in medicine and technology, but it is not infallible, after all scientists are people too. They have different pressures such as big corporations, doing research that generates the most money and fame and various scientific taboos like telepathic abilities. Proof of a seemingly collective consciousness goes unresearched because they are held by modern science as self-evidently false. There is proof of collective learning by actual scientific method but any scientist who even suggests it might be true gets labeled a maverick. Like Max Planck said "Science advances one funeral at a time." Maybe in the future scientific funding will be more equal and more open minded we can explore more subjects that are considered "taboo".

To many scientists credit, they seem to realize that they don't know everything, but self proclaimed internet sceptics who have maybe high school understanding of science just parrot whatever headlines they read. In fact many noteworthy scientists believe in a deity, including Einstein, it's not mutually exclusive and I am guessing that recent discoveries will have to lead to a rewrite of many things scientists generally hold as true.
>>
>>18553203
>Free will
>Existing
Pic 1 anon.
>>
>>18553054
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logical-empiricism/

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/perception-india/
>>
>>18553203
>Why the placebo effect works
Actually that is very well known anon. A person can be convinced that they feel better if you expect to feel batter. It's why if you drink water and expect it to be coke for a split second your brain freaks out and it tastes like neither.
But even if we didn't understand it or any specific thing that doesn't mean suck u butts are real.
>>
>>18553054
i wanna slap that guy because his face is radiating confidence in false beliefs
>>
>>18553203
>science doesn't understand everything about the universe
>I can believe in any old shit because there's no evidence to the contrary (yet)
Two different things, anon
>>
>>18553228
So do you care explaining why placeboes work with science and not just words if they are so well understood
>>
>>18553054
But it's just a role play anon.

No one really believes in this.
>>
>>18553904
God can't see the difference.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>18553203
>conversation of mass
>conversation
>>
>>18553944
Happens every second in America
>>
I believe in myself and I believe in you.
>>
>>18553809
>False belief
He isn't the one trying to summon a succubus every night to take his virginity.
>>
>>18553890
>Science can't be explained with words
What?
>>
File: they prove themselvs.jpg (28KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
they prove themselvs.jpg
28KB, 500x358px
I don't need to. The skeptic will see the light.
>>
>>18553054
Sagan believed in Aliens you dumbass.
>>
>>18554741
He didn't believe aliens were molesting people from across the stars though.
>>
>>18553054
quantum superposition
>>
>>18553809
he's actually not that bad. He's not the type of skeptic who goes in trying to disprove anything and everything against the grain. in his book Dragons of Eden an almost mystical journey into the reanalysis of myths, relating them to biology and psychology. for example he approaches the myth of Adam an Eve and dismisses it as an actual historic account but explores it as an allegory. its been a while correct me if my memory is mistaken of hole-y but something like a part of Adam was removed and Eve was created, asexual reproduction as would have occurred in the most primitive of single cell organisms, the ancestors of all life earth. following that comes Cain and Abel, who represent animals and plants, two families that all terrestrial life falls into one or the other. also the the forbidden fruit could have been something that caused homo sapiens to develop larger brains, meaning better brain power (knowledge of good and evil), which god punished eve by making childbirth painful. all animal birth is painless except humans because our babies have big ass skulls.
seems like a really open minded sort of guy who can approach matters from new directions.
I should reread it actually.
>>
>>18554892
I fucking love that book. definitely worth a reread.
>>
>Sagan
I'd rather just chill with him and talk about space.
>>
File: 1465123791981.png (360KB, 717x458px) Image search: [Google]
1465123791981.png
360KB, 717x458px
>>18554906
>you will never 420 blaze it with sagan and muse over the mysteries of space
I don't even smoke but that just sounds like it would be an experience and a half
>>
File: sagan conspiracy.jpg (51KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
sagan conspiracy.jpg
51KB, 333x499px
I heard a pretty interesting interview with the author of this book on coast a while back. Supposedly Sagan wrote a paper commissioned by NASA about alien life. NASA expected him to come back saying it's all bogus ayy lmaos are a joke, but instead he rolled out this paper saying they're real and they've visited earth at least ten thousand times. The paper gets published in a reputable journal and then NASA goes to great lengths to cover it up before it gets too much attention, then they turn around and tell Sagan to hush that shit up or he'll lose all their funding. Also, the last thing Sagan was working on was supposedly about ancient aliens and NASA super secretly assassinated him with radiation before he finished that.

Go read the whole thing and give me detailed review on it /x/
>>
>>18554906
my nigga.
>>
>>18554914
Well he's full of BS since Sagan even wrote a book where he spends a 3rd of the books explaining how UFO's are bogus.
>>
>>18554929
ancient aliens and UFO's aren't the same thing though.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (26KB, 559x263px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
26KB, 559x263px
>if your observation disagrees with my perception of reality, I'll just move the goalposts to a disingenuously impossible standard
>>
File: 1453534950122.gif (205KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453534950122.gif
205KB, 250x250px
I can prove skellingtons exist. Is that enough to make your fedora tib?
>>
Trump is president.
>>
>>18553054
EVP
>>
>>18555226
Show me your skeleton then.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.