[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/. This has been going on for about half a year now, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: itisi.jpg (4KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
itisi.jpg
4KB, 329x153px
Hey /x/. This has been going on for about half a year now, but something strange happens when I try to sleep or take a nap sometimes. I haven’t talked to anyone about besides my close friend, and I tried to describe it to him but it seemed completely foreign to him, so I never mentioned it again. At first I thought it was a medical problem due to my sleep patterns, but it seems more than that. As I fall asleep sometimes my entire body seems to vibrate and everything around me begins to look blurred and my motion seems delayed. But the weird part is that it feels so real and hard to snap out of but when I do snap out of It, it feels like it was a dream. And it’s like I can see everywhere around me at the location where I went to sleep (But it’s blurry and hard to move). It doesn’t seem to bother me that much except one time I started feeling a presence next to me in the bed which I slept, for some reason I tried to do this hand shake I do with my friend to the presence and it responded to it and did it exactly my friend does it (that’s probably pretty random but I’m trying to give as much detail as possible), also I can’t quite remember if the figure/presence had a face on it or not, and I don’t remember if I was scared or not either. The whole experience is actually quite mesmerizing; I guess that’s why it might be so hard to snap out of.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. I’m just curious as to what is happening to me.
>>
File: 1484766381755.jpg (287KB, 400x1187px) Image search: [Google]
1484766381755.jpg
287KB, 400x1187px
>>18539296
TLDR
>>
>>18539321
bad sleep + possible /x/ related topic = profit??
>>
>>18539296
I've only ever experienced something like this once. I believe that it is basically like lucid dreaming only instead of already being asleep and becoming aware of it you're aware that your body is falling asleep. It's freaky as hell but probably nothing to worry about. The figure you remember intrigues me however. Do you remember if you had just spoken or hung out with your friend the day that happened?
>>
File: 1453936772090.gif (1MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1453936772090.gif
1MB, 500x333px
Dont worry mate, if it bothers you then you should start sleeping regulary and give up on naps. Same thing was happening to me, just a sleep paralys in afternoons. It always seems like a dream when you snap out of it :)
>>
>>18539388
Well I'm always hanging out with my friend so I'm sure that he was fresh in my mind. For some reason when I try to imagine the face of the figure I keep coming up with a skull, but a very abstract one. I know that sounds corny but it's the best I can come up with when I think of it's face.
>>
>>18539388
>>18539395
also I've noticed that when I am thinking of something as I fall asleep my mind goes on auto pilot and creates a dream around the scenario I was thinking of when I was awake.
>>
>>18539661
I see well I'm sure it is nothing to worry about and if you see this creature again have no fear I'm sure you'll be fine.
>>
>>18539296
You are experiencing hypnogogic hallucinations.

- Stop drinking so much damn caffeine
- Stop using tobacco
- Get into good sleep practices such as going to bed at the same time everyday, and during the night if at all possible
- Don't stay up until you're over-tired
- Don't sleep on your back or sitting up

This isn't spiritual in any way. Your body is trying to tell you something and you should listen.
>>
>>18539661
God I wish my mind would do that. I never get to have sex dreams.
>>
>>18541902
this

But it does not necessarily mean there is something wrong with you. You are just experiencing the physical and psychological effects of transitioning into sleep. But for some reason, you are conscious during the process. It normally takes some practice to achieve such state of mind and it is commonly used in sleep yoga and some lucid dreaming techniques.
As an experiment, try not to panic, relax and go through it. If you'll do this in the later hours of your sleep, there is a good chance you will hit your REM phase and transition into a dream consciously.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.