[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Despair Code /x/. I'm ready to die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 28

File: 1453714918267.jpg (102KB, 800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1453714918267.jpg
102KB, 800x1203px
Redpill me on the Despair Code /x/. I'm ready to die a violent death.
>>
Id fuck that.
>>
>>18533246
You don't die

You just suffer
>>
>>18533291
what is it tho
>>
>>18533246
I wanna tag you
>>
>>18533246
Go deep in the woods at 2am on a 3rd plateau dissociative drug and a massive blunt. Sit in the woods and listen to the silence. Now think about how people are, and why. Human tragedies. Human kindness. Think about what we really are and this world really is.

If you're "lucky" you'll get a piece of the despair code. After that you'll be delivered more parts of it. The more you obtain, the worst your life will get and the crazier you'll become. Most people kill themselves. Others are in prison or mental institutions. Maybe you'll be one of the few though.

Good luck
>>
>>18533306
I'm posting this from a mental institution. A really nice one that lets me leave and come back whenever I want. It's still a mental institution. I like my therapist. Hmm. Despair Code. Life is scary. Fuck. I'm dying. Hmm, death is always constant. Oh well.
>>
>>18533295
Quickest rundown

The universe is a simulation

You are programmed with certain basic functions.

You Have higher more powerful functions. But they would break the simulation if everyone had them.

The Despair Code is like "commenting out" your higher functioning code. exposure to it can also damage your basic functions.

Everyone is exposed to it in varying degrees.

The closer you get to accessing your higher functions the more of the code you are exposed to.

Exposure to the full code compels you to immediate self-termination.

Knowing the code even exists means you have been exposed more that the average person.

Stop
>>
Ok kiddo, listen to me. We create meaning. The world is shit, but we have will. The free will, our identity, is so important as love. Despair code is desperation of the human condition. Despair because the today's human condition. But the human condition has the potential to change. Just as the past we live in a shittier world, tomorrow can be better than today. The question is, you want it? You really, really, want that? Is a matter of will, and the subconcious stuff inside us. Remember, you have to program yourself in order to achieve your dreams, or you be programmed for someone else, there is not middle points in this. How free you want your will?
>>
>>18533335
>>18533341
thanks senpaitachi. i think i understand it. i've tapped into it before when i was off my meds. now i am "safe." i like my free will, it lets me do fun things. i'm letting life live and my life gets to be played out as well because i let life live... or so i think. Idk. I wish there was an /x/ gathering where we all went out for ice cream. Let's go out for ice cream.
>>
>>18533363
Yeah Ice cream sounds good
>>
guys check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HHuAfPsKHo&t=20s
>>
>>18533341
>free will

Stupid fag
>>
>>18533246
It's /pol/'s version of the grifter.
>>
Oh my fucking god! The despair code is literally the anti-life equation, the thing that Darkseid, a comic book villain is looking for. Stop the role play faggotry.
>>
The way people describe the despair code makes it sound more relaxing than despairing for me desu
>>
File: OHIXJfV_1.jpg (2MB, 2417x1251px) Image search: [Google]
OHIXJfV_1.jpg
2MB, 2417x1251px
>>18533491
Kek, I was about to bring that up. Alternatively, it's the HYPERCRISIS at work. Are you ready to die for Darkseid, /x/?
>>
File: wTftUkn.jpg (161KB, 1002x744px) Image search: [Google]
wTftUkn.jpg
161KB, 1002x744px
>>18534361
Full image for maximum Anti-Life.
>>
despair is the logical reaction to this world
>>
File: fanart-copy-14.jpg (158KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
fanart-copy-14.jpg
158KB, 800x500px
>>18534399
At the end of despair, when yu have fought against your own infinite Hell, there follows rebirth, as the one who conquers death.

Fearless code activated.

One way or another, either by ascending to Heaven or descending to Hell, you will become a God.
>>
File: TheMultiversity1.jpg (31KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
TheMultiversity1.jpg
31KB, 250x380px
>>18533491
Have you read The Multiversity #1 and #2? Is some kind of memetic project in order to respond to all the negative things of the world. Take a look to Flex Mentallo if you can too. Is about how we change the world and how our heroes, living in our minds, helps us.
>>
>>18533363
I like ice cream.
>>
>>18533313
woah...
>>
>>18534410
Two heavens is all I know
>>
>>18533335
Well some time susside fail and you have to deal with the knowledge
>>
>>18533363
Im down for ice cream also.
>>
>>18533246
Who's the girl and does she have nudes?
>>
>>18533363
Ice cream?
>>
>>18534533
reverse image search is your friend, buddy.
>>
>>18534535
Everybody screams for Ice Cream
>>
>>18534410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZQanP2WgJQ
The key
>>
I don't get you faggots, everytime I think about all the suffering in life I also think about how lucky I am to get to experience anything at all.
>>
>>18533425
Spooky face and loud noises. AHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>18533306
I think I already got part of the despair code in me when I was a teenager. Sometimes it's allright I can repress it, but other time something triggers it and I'm like why even live life it's just a scam
>>
>>18533335
What the hell is "commenting out" your higer functionning code ?
Why would exposure to the full code would compels us to self termination ?
Does this means we can't access higher fuction then ?
What type of higher functions are you talking about ?
>>
>>18534874
Thats what the people who made this place WANT you to believe.
Remember that episode of Rick and Morty where he fabricated a pocket dimension specifically to run his space ship? Yeah, you are one of the people living in a similar pocket dimension.
>>
>>18533246
It's a dumb meme, that is not real.
>>
File: 1482945045526.jpg (372KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482945045526.jpg
372KB, 800x800px
>>18534528
>>18534466
>>18533370
>>18533363
Seriously i dont get it, why are people on here not actually meeting up?
You can't be all scared to meet someone who's crazy right? Everyone on here is atleast a little crazy
I'd love to meet people from here, sadly im from europe and i feel like 70% of this board are americans
>>
despair code is pondering fundamental uncertainty of anything taken too far
we base our knowledge on stuff that ultimately can not be proven, we work on axioms and shit, we assume some fundamental stuff to be true in order for other things to be explainable, to work, but ultimately when proving stuff you end up get smaller pieces which in the end get so abstract and unreal one can lose his mind

"you cant no nuffin" philosophical meme is unironically right to an extent and it's fucking insane senpai
>>
It's either an elaborate troll like the Bogdanof threads or it's a deliberate psy-op to get us more depressed.

Nothing has complete control over how you feel except you.
>>
>>18534986
>complete control
you don't have it either
>>
>>18534987
I'm at the whim of habits I have developed, but my habits are still "me".
>>
>>18534998
I never really think about my subconscious as "me" and that's where the trigger for TDC is
>>
>>18535001
Your subconscious mind does more than your conscious mind does. I'm not just talking about basic biological functions like breathing either.
>>
>>18534918
In programming, putting a # or % in front of a line of code tells the computer to ignore it as code, and instead it functions as a "comment" for humans to put in code to understand it better.

So in context, commenting it out means shutting it off.
>>
>>18535012
which is precisely why I don't consider it me
it does so much without me being conscious of any of it
>>
File: wtf_cat.jpg (22KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_cat.jpg
22KB, 600x386px
OP posts comment about fake troll topic, 30 plus n00bs reply.
>>
>>18535059
Circular logic.

Why do you have to be consciously aware of something for it to be "you"?
>>
>>18535066
how is it circular logic?

why would I ever consider anything that I'm not aware of me? Without the conscious mind you're just a drone, there's no sense of self, identity, emotions to be aware of, memories to recall, thoughts to think
sure, it can still be there wired into the brain, but it's pretty much meaningless without conscious observer, even if the subconscious acts in ways determined by lets say memories I formed while being conscious
>>
>>18535078
>Without the conscious mind you're just a drone, there's no sense of self, identity, emotions to be aware of, memories to recall, thoughts to think

You subconsciously recall memories every day, most emotions spring forth from the subconscious, and since your identity doesn't disappear when you aren't consciously thinking of it we can say identity has it's roots in the subconscious as well.

lrn2zen
>>
>>18535090
I've been practicing occultism for roughly a decade now, I know very well what zen is about

and you missed my point entirely - without conscious mind everything inside your brain becomes irrelevant, doesn't matter if emotions spring from the subconscious because there's no one there to feel and identify them

anyways, pizza's ready, have a good one lad and don't succumb to TDC lmao
>>
>>18534533
Looks like Elizabeth Gillies (?)
>>
>>18534952
Same here but im from south america, at least i think we could keep contact in kik ou whatsapp or whatever. But I see a lot of u guys r not interested bc of it is like "show yourself too much"
>>
>>18533246

It was a meme created here to show how many people fall like idiots for every stupid conspiracy theory.
>>
>>18535056
So he meant that we could shut down (comment out) some line of our higher function's code ? Why would we do that ?
>>
>>18533246
Okay so let me get this right. People think that apophenia is actually not just a human tendency, but actually adhering to a code that underlies the universe? And it leads to depression and madness?

You realize thats just schizophrenia right? Look up schizophrenia and read about the early stages. People with schizophrenia find patterns in things where there are none, and have revelations or delusions that everything has some special meaning or is connected. That's just called mental illness. Schizophrenics aren't enlightened, they have chemical imbalances in their brains that fucks with their ability to reason.
>>
>>18533246
I don't even think people who believe in this realize what apophenia is. I only just started reading about this, I'm going off this image.

Copied and pasted from wikipedia page on apophenia

Klaus Conrad published a monograph titled Die beginnende Schizophrenie. Versuch einer Gestaltanalyse des Wahns ("The onset of schizophrenia: an attempt to form an analysis of delusion"),[1] in which he described in groundbreaking detail the prodromal mood and earliest stages of schizophrenia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
>>
File: uHk0M1L.jpg (246KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
uHk0M1L.jpg
246KB, 720x1280px
>>18535334
forgot image and rest of text
>>
>>18535339
fucking auto post

Conrad's neologism was translated into English as "apophenia" (from the Greek apo [away from] + phaenein [to show]) to reflect the fact that a person with schizophrenia initially experiences delusion as revelation.[3]
In 2001 neuroscientist Peter Brugger referenced Conrad's terminology [4] and defined the term as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness".
>>
File: 1478062335005.gif (651KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1478062335005.gif
651KB, 500x373px
>>18535237
Yea a group would be so good, we have discord but it's kinda unpersonal i feel like.
If you want you can add me on kik ( Joeldnx) for the time being, maybe we find some more so we can start a group and talk about our experiences and share things about us
>>
>>18535600
Gif sauce pls
>>
How is this thread still up?
>>
>>18533246
It is literally nothing. People created it saying it's the "ultimate truth," just to get people excited. It's nothing life changing, don't worry about it :^).
>>
MEME MAGIC IS REAL!

Repeat nothing many times until becames something
>>
>>18535735
The power of desu.
>>
>>18533363
Fuck yeah! Let's go get ice cream anons!
>>
File: 1473018801597.gif (677KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473018801597.gif
677KB, 500x280px
>>18533246
>Despair code
If you want to know the truth and not the /x/ bullshit creepypasta story then here it is

Its a completly made up meme and the idea is that people will be interesting in figuring it out

There is nothing to figure out though and as you waste countless hours on the internet trying to learn more about it you will just find conflicting descriptions

By the end of this process of search and failure you will have fallen into a deep "despair" because it seems so hopeless that you will never be able to learn what it really is when in fact the whole thing is meme bait
>>
>>18533363
Beer
>>
>>18535310
>2017
>psychiatry based on chemical imbalance hypothesis
lmao
>>
>>18533280
She's not a real mental patient.
>>
>>18533246
>tfw samurai
>>
>>18534952
I've seen a few /x/philes in person before. They're never anything like how you imagine. Most are just boring goths or people with a vague understanding/interest rather than anything actually fun.
Also nice erp thread, although there are a few interesting posts. I rate it 6/10, just barely entertaining.
>>
You want the real red pill anon? The honest to god truth?

...it's all bullshit. Sorry innawoods blunt guy, though I admit you have a recipe for a genuine bad trip, you are a fucking liar. And computer sim guy doesn't know what he's talking about either.

Consider this: Everything in physics and esoteric knowledge has its opposite. A counterbalance.
How come we never hear about The Elation Code? A forbidden knowledge about the universe's mysteries that open you up to tanquility without end?

....because it doesn't fucking exist, just like The Despair Code.
>>
What does the Despair Code do to those incapable of choosing to die?
>>
>>18535600
Give me the Discord invite pls. I want to meet people who like spooks
>>
>>18537560
Discord.GG/vMVTd
>>
>>18537604
Invite expired
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 700x700px
>>18533335
Absolute bolocks.
>>
>>18534410
>hunger gaymes
GAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY
Itt a lotta rping
>>
>>18535056
//
>>
File: 1484675010872.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1484675010872.png
337KB, 1144x888px
>>18533335
what if I am too mentally strong for "self destruction"? I understand why someone else might not handle it but in all honesty I think I am powerful enough and have enough grip to handle everything that I stumble across.

What do? How achieve greater code? How do I tap into/out of the simulation?
>>
>>18534952
Spainbro here
>>
File: despaircode.jpg (99KB, 617x820px) Image search: [Google]
despaircode.jpg
99KB, 617x820px
>>18533246

What is the universe? The universe is everything we observe right? But everyone observes something different. Maybe he lives somewhere else observing another region. he lives in another time observing another age. Or even more directly. You walk through the woods at night. There is some noise in the bush. You think there is a cat in the bush and you walk on. The next guy goes the same route, heres the same noise, but thinks there is a wild beast in the bush, a monster even, and runs away scared. So one guy observed a cat, the other one a monster. How do you know which one is real? You would say the cat one I guess because monsters dont exist. But they do for the other guy. What about people with hallucinations? Is their reality less worth because they see things you dont. But maybe the issue isnt with them seeing it, but with you not seeing it. Now we observe things, and interpret our observations. And this interpretation is our reality. Since everyone interprets stuff differently we all are experiencing different realities. The reality can enhance or alter itself by observing new informations. Some people dont like that. They like their current reality, so they dismiss anything changing, or for them damaging the reality. Thats when ignorance happens. However how can it be that everyone is living another reality? Doesnt science say there are multiple universes? That they all inhabit basically the same space but are still seperated somehow? And informations somehow being able to cross those dimensions?
We are the universe. Everyone is a universe by himself. By talking and communicating we exchange data with other universes. We live on the same planet/same place but still are somehow seperated (by our body) but still connected through communication.

the despair code os the realization that everything you think is real, is real. your worst nightmares, your biggest fears, everything you can think of.
>>
>>18533335
So once I reject the matrix and commit suicide I'm granted access to the full code?
>>
I'm gonna dump some stuff I saved sometime earlier:

The despair code is "you're fucked forever" in formal logic. It was the unintentional result of a group of logicians trying to find an argument for anything that was undeniable - read it and understand it and you would be convinced 100% with no way out. It's a mathematically flawless argument for complete existential despair.

It was weaponized and is fed to enemies of the state to destroy their lives without the use of physical force.
>>
>>18538288
You don't even need to make that shit up, dude: research Godel's Incompleteness Theorem.

See, there is no system of information that will not result in a paradox somewhere that can only be proved outside that system. In LSL, you reach paradoxes quickly that can only be resolved in LMPL, which have paradoxes that can only be resolved in First-Order Logic, etc., etc.,...

We know that all we can ever hope to know will never be enough to know everything... unless we step so completely outside of our system of information so as to be incommunicable through empirical means whatsoever.

Is that what this "Despair Code" thing is?
>>
>>18538288
>>18538289
you really want to know about the despair code? dont blame me for anything after this. i warned you but here it goes
What is the universe? The universe is everything we observe right? But everyone observes something different. Maybe he lives somewhere else observing another region. he lives in another time observing another age. Or even more directly. You walk through the woods at night. There is some noise in the bush. You think there is a cat in the bush and you walk on. The next guy goes the same route, heres the same noise, but thinks there is a wild beast in the bush, a monster even, and runs away scared. So one guy observed a cat, the other one a monster. How do you know which one is real? You would say the cat one I guess because monsters dont exist. But they do for the other guy. What about people with hallucinations? Is their reality less worth because they see things you dont. But maybe the issue isnt with them seeing it, but with you not seeing it. Now we observe things, and interpret our observations. And this interpretation is our reality. Since everyone interprets stuff differently we all are experiencing different realities. The reality can enhance or alter itself by observing new informations. Some people dont like that. They like their current reality, so they dismiss anything changing, or for them damaging the reality. Thats when ignorance happens. However how can it be that everyone is living another reality? Doesnt science say there are multiple universes? That they all inhabit basically the same space but are still seperated somehow? And informations somehow being able to cross those dimensions?
(part 2 incomming)
>>
its a meme where everyone replies with a different thought provoking answer baka
>>
>>18537756
>>18538293
oh whoops someone already posted this
>>
>>18538288
but how can that be when death is liberation from the suffering life carries with?
>>
File: 1280px-Textile_cone.jpg (291KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Textile_cone.jpg
291KB, 1280x960px
Start

>>18534506
Despair code self-termination involves fool-proof methods

>>18535309
We don't do it

>>18535310
>Le Schizophrenia meme
Did you ever consider that "chemical imbalance" is a programing bug, a hiccup in a sub-optimal evolutionary generation program?

>>18537410
>And computer sim guy doesn't know what he's talking about either
When you go too deep things have quantum answers.

>>18537621
Sorry you got exposed to the code

>>18537748
Even if you are theoretically strong enough you gotta help weaken the Simulation before any of us can leave. Its still too strong but we are making progress.

>>18538276
Your process is terminated you don't get the code just because you off yourself.

Full Stop
>>
>>18533246
From my simple (and probably wrong) point of view it is something skin to Schopenauer's Will. Isn't basically The Will the code behind reality's illusion? You take off the veil of Maya an what you got is a code. And wouldn't despair be the logical thing to feel once you discover that your very existence is none but a mindless act run by a mysterious script ?
>>
Start
>>18538360
>a mindless act run by a mysterious script ?

Exactly

Full stop
>>
>>18538326
>Schopenauer's Will
how do I weaken the simulation?
>>
>>18537756
And that's supposed to make me self-destruct how?
>>
File: 5b41135f23_blivet.jpg (26KB, 462x530px) Image search: [Google]
5b41135f23_blivet.jpg
26KB, 462x530px
>>18538392
Start

You are here so in a large way you already are

The Language must be your own and the execution likewise.

Great Strides have been made recently. But more is always needed

Stop
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 800x764px
>>18538392
Try meme magic and/or ascetic life style
>>
File: 1466318359745.jpg (71KB, 847x584px) Image search: [Google]
1466318359745.jpg
71KB, 847x584px
>>18537756
>>18538326
>>18538297
Okay so nothing new, my world view has long swayed towards the body =/= mind, has it made me slightly isolated? questioning? Sure? Have I become someone who cannot handle muh fears? Hopefully not, nor do I think I will.

My question really is whether this world view will allow me to somehow experience these "transcendental phenomena" or somehow truly convince me that there is more to this reality than what "meets the eye".

Or is this just a meme which will tend to make one a loner and possibly an autist?

"I wish to live deliberately, To front only the essential facts of life. And see if I could not learn what I had to teach. And not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -Henry Thoreau

Will this type of thinking prevent me from truly experiencing what this reality has to offer? And fill me with regret when in the end my time has come and I missed out?

Or will I end up escaping said simulation to pursue a higher purpose?

(Also is this tendency to break free from the "simulation" unholy/ungodly? Or since we were designed in the image of god, simply acting in the manner that he would act? Making him proud that we are truly sentient beings who wish to find "him" (or answers/truths, a way out etc.) and not just blind "sheep".)
>>
>>18535056
So what do i have to write now. # ?
Are we programmed in phyton,
>>
File: 1484432179703.jpg (114KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1484432179703.jpg
114KB, 623x414px
>>18533246
>>
>>18538426
10 years of occult and other /x/ shit led me to believe there's no point in seeking answers for some questions
I still hope to prove myself wrong though and won't stop my practice
>My question really is whether this world view will allow me to somehow experience these "transcendental phenomena" or somehow truly convince me that there is more to this reality than what "meets the eye".
if you decide to go further you will experience shit that you will not be able to explain with rational mind without putting faith to it
but that won't make it any more real
uncertainty will remain

I genuinely believe I won't be sure until I die.
>>
File: 1483653307149.jpg (107KB, 675x559px) Image search: [Google]
1483653307149.jpg
107KB, 675x559px
>>18538495
But it seems to me that if I want to be involved in "/x/" and more precisely with what has to do with the nature of our existance I might aswell go hard at trying to answer all questions. Eventually my will to know will be one of the underlying factors which might help "set me free".

Admitting to myself that "there's no point in seeking answers for some questions" makes this whole pursuit sort of pointless, might as well stop taking it seriously and go focus on professional development, family, personal growth (in other ways).

>>18538426
knowledgeble anons (especially those answering before) keep answering these questions please.
>>
>>18538542
>Admitting to myself that "there's no point in seeking answers for some questions" makes this whole pursuit sort of pointless, might as well stop taking it seriously and go focus on professional development, family, personal growth (in other ways).

which is why my occult practices stopped being about finding ultimate truth and are now focused on helping me with all the things you mentioned
not to say occultism ever interfered with them, too
>>
>>18538456
Fucking KEK
>>
File: 1484178826820.gif (335KB, 666x386px) Image search: [Google]
1484178826820.gif
335KB, 666x386px
>>18538587
I refuse to accept your take on this matter. Anything which is "occult practices" trying to help you with "professional development, family, personal growth (in other ways). " is just ridiculous in my opinion.

I do not need to lift this "rock" and see whats underneath in order to help me walk right past it.

Also I consider myself quite capable of all those things without "help".

What I am interested in is to truly get to the next stage. Or at least to see whether there is one. If not then sure I'll devote my existance to whatever suits me and be good at it regardless.

(I am not undermining your opinion but simply attempting to incite a discussion.)
>>
>>18538663
for some people it may seem ridiculous or just unnecessary, I find occultism to be much more entertaining than just being one of those "I care about my relationships so I visit my very own psychotherapist every week" kind of people

My work in the occult is based entirely on psychological model, so I literally am my own psychotherapist, hypnotist, coach, whatever, just wearing a goofy robe and doing cheesy rituals instead of just sitting there and analyzing stuff

I can picture myself focusing once again entirely on the deeper truths, but only after I'm satisfied with this physical reality. I've seen and experienced enough crazy shit back in the day that I'm fine for another decade at least though. And honestly, uncertainty never left my skeptical mind and I got really tired of it.
>>
>>18538712
I see, just gonna see if someone pops by to answer my questions.
>>
>>18534980
It's, "You never know", you dolt
>>
>>18538925
lurk more
>>
>>18533482
>Implying The Grifter is not real.
>Implying The Despair code is not real.

Go away Illuminati shill.
>>
>>18533330
psychologist here:
you need to be on a strong state to cope with the truth, all kind of truth, dont seek these things until you got stronger, the truth is necessary but can be destructive.
Few months ago i went to a meeting with a very spiritual person, she is a Muisca chaman,she talked about nature, selfishness and so on, in the end we made a little ritual with water and herbs, she made a chant and we use the water to put it in our bodies (little drops actually, nothing too fancy) and we made a prayer to "mother earth" or "father" or "that" special energy that rules the existence. I asked for something, i said: father, give me eagle eyes to see what i cannot see now.
one month after that i realised sad things about my life and about my gf, i saw certain things that could destroyed me emotionally, i saw the truth about a lot of people, it was more than just personal things, it was about our whole lives, for some motnhs i got severe depression. Now i`m not the same, i can´t go back to my previous state, i`ve seen some hard shit about but im glad i could see it and more important, im glad i was kind of prepared to see.
Go for it, but be wise, be patient and take care Anon.
>>
>>18535309
no, look, when you comment something you "erase it", when you uncomment you enable it, commenting out is enabling functions that were hidden.
>>
>>18534361
Why are comic book writers such edge lords?

Also i he like chopping off one of everyone's hands or something, or did the writer forget that we have 2 hands as well as 2 eyes?
>>
>>18539958
He's making a fist, not clenching both of his hands into fists.
>>
>>18539867
>>18533246
>>18533335
Example?
>>
>>18533335
I really think I accidentally got it. I think it was when I was trying to figure why I could never be content.
>>
>>18533363
Did somebody say candledja
>>
the despair code AKA teenagers learning what adulthood is
>>
>>18540266
what do you mean by that? (no meme intended)
>>
Gee, it must suck being human if all it takes is a healthy dose of reality to kill you guys
>>
>>18533246
it's like bloodborne insight. you get frenzied and die if you get too much of it.
>>
>>18540313
Thats not how it works. You have to say his full name, Candlejack, AND then you disappe
>>
>>18540600
Is it like schizophrenia or is it like when you realize you are the total thoughts made of electricity flowing through a ball of neurons that moves your body around for the sole purpose of refueling to have the opportunity to produce an offspring that can continue the cycle until survival becomes impossible due to cosmological or biological circumstances(such as a genetic bottleneck)?
>>
>>18533335

Im pretty sure this describes Banden Brammer to the T. Finished high school at 10, shot self at 14 to donate organs.
>>
>>18534922
That was a pocket universe man.
>>
>>18538925
>TFW You know nothing Jon Snow
>>
>>18535066
Not really, it's like having a partition with Windows 10 and another with Mac OS running from the same drive at the same time doing separate things that cannot be mixed and matched.
>>
>>18540924
>>18535066
Also with internal relevant data exchange system.
>>
>>18535735
We were waiting for you to come back. Welcome back, Anon! :)
>>
>>18537621
Fuckin Kanuck
>>
>>18538408
DELETE THIS
>>
>>18533335
I wish gay rp would leave.
>>
>>18538456
That comma in pic made me question my existence.
>>
Remember kids, death is impossible, even if you commit suicide.

Once you're born, there's no getting off the ride- you're here forever, if you want it or not!
>>
>>18541016
Kek, what if when you die, you live everything the life from death to birth and then all over again forever.
>>
>>18538925
>Those commas and inverted commas..
>>
>>18541023

Not quite that boring. There are enormous metaphysical machines which exist for the sole purpose of retrieving and preserving sentient minds after the death of their bodies. Even if one of the machines is destroyed, there will be another on some other level of existence ready to take up the slack.

There are an infinite number of them, and no way to destroy them all, so life is an unrelenting cascade of experience that will bear down upon your mind until it warps beyond recognition. If you're lucky, you'll get absorbed into one collective intelligence or another eventually.
>>
>>18533246
Read Ecclesiastes. It's not too long.
>>
>>18533246
If I understand it correctly, the despair code seems to be something along the lines of a state of nihilistic despair brought on through the realization that: you are God, you will never truly die, reality is an illusion, other people are part of the illusion. This line of thought can lead to desperate feelings of loneliness, claustrophobia, and of course, despair.

Don't worry though, this is entry-level enlightenment shit. Consider that countless peoples today and throughout history have been raised with these beliefs and still live happy fulfilling lives, dying contented deaths. You might even say it's because of this knowledge. Life is great. Die a great death.

Also, turns out other people can't be escaped.
>>
>>18541100
Heh. Thanks Kek.
>>
Isn't this the thing that people kept trying to viral/force in random unrelated threads like Erratas and shit? Fuck off.
>>
>>18538326

The true despair is that you can never leave. You are composed of the simulation, and cannot exist outside of it.
>>
>>18541100
so wats non entry level enlightenment shit? I'm the guy above asking all these questions that no-one is answering....
>>
>>18533246
i would like to see her get slimed
>>
>>18540881
i think you broke their twisted logic, anon. excellent work.
>>
>>18533306
so you're saying this despair code is realizing that what we know of life is largely meaningless but with way too many words all while trying to sound sagely and mystifying? and people eat it up? ok.
>>
>>18533363

I'm an /x/ newfag, can I come for ice cream? I feel that talking face to face is a better way to discuss this shit.

Or camping, we can indulge in our interests in the woods.
>>
>>18541783
Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water.

The novice tries to escape this predicament, the master accepts it with grace.

This you? >>18538542

Body == mind. So much of our experience is tied into having this body that to take it away would be to invalidate the majority of experience.

Reality is strange enough a place without ever experiencing a glitch. Contemplate the mundane.

The line of thought I spoke of will lead to feelings of alienation and autism in the face of everyone else going about their lives. This is not a necessary route though, and it is not a road you will travel forever.

You preface your next question with a quote but I feel like the quote contradicts the question. Are you worried about living the philosophical life and missing out on living through all your contemplating, or do you feel a calling towards the truth that Thoreau apparently felt? Follow your bliss.

It's not a simulation. That's the silly sci-fi version. Like how ayy lmaos have taken the roles of gods for a lot of people.

I wonder this sometimes. My experiences generally come from psychedelics and there has on a couple of occasions been a sense that I'm cheating, or that I've ruined it for everyone by unraveling reality. Reality will re-intertwine itself around you though, there's no escaping that. My last such experience was a heavy sense that reality is indeed a series of sufferings but that this is a blessing as it keeps one distracted from the knowledge of their own godhood. I think that's more of a Western thing though. We've built something truly enormous as a means of distraction. The naked tribesman has nothing in the way of their nature.
>>
>>18543074

Gay sex?
>>
>>18541708
Yes, this is the correct way to envision this "simulation". You are a part of it and it is a part of you. There is no you outside of it. There is no outside of it.
>>
>>18543095

I'mma decline that, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>18533335
you forgot the part where psychiatrist will try to jew you into taking pills calling it denationalization or whatever equivalent your region has
>>
>>18543110
>Talks like Kanye
>Not a gay fish

Sure buddy
>>
>>18543136

God damn it, why do people keep calling me a Gay Fish?
>>
>>18543142
Is it because crunchy has something to do with genius... Which swims?
>>
>>18543157

That could be it, but I just heard that Carlos Mencia started this rumor, so I'll go and "Ask" him.
>>
>>18541100
So basically, it's CHIM?
>>
>>18534952
Baguette here but you're probably not here anymore so well ...

Anyway, if I must share my vision of the despair code from what I've seen, it is when your situation puts you in such a state that you consider suicide. At that moment, you will gain a new perspective ; your mind is blank from that stateand your problems and people coudld influence you to do things you wouldn't normally do. If, however, there's nobody to influence you, you're just gonna consider suicide, do it or, if you're strong enough, complete your code yourself so that you do things that you never did before like talk to ladies, go skydiving or shit that you've never done before and thought you'd like to do.
>>
>>18543090
A good answer, finally. I definitely see most of what you mean, and I agree that taking in (sponging) all this reality has to offer is in it self bliss. And try to practice it on a daily basis.

I haven't yet come around to try psychedelics, I most likely will in the future. But what I wanted was a taste of the otherworldly I guess, something which seems to come from the outside. Both outside of my "I" and outside of this "reality".

>The novice tries to escape this predicament, the master accepts it with grace.

Are you telling me that this "thirst for more (knowledge or otherwise)" is in a way a "beginners error"?

Is what I knew at 15 the real truth? Enjoy every gasp of this air and along with it all that this place has to offer?

I genuinely do contemplate the mundane, I truly am enjoying this place, learning from the "hardships" and rejoicing at what there is to be joyful about.

I guess I am here, (on /x/) to glimpse at what here is on the other side. Should I admit to myself that whats around me is what its all about? This thirst for "transcendence" might even be getting in the way of it(not enough to be anything damaging).
You think that experience is all that will teach me?
>>
>>18543193
You mean this?
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/CHIM

Sure. Sounds like whoever wrote this stuff had a good understanding of mythology. Nothing wrong with getting your mythology from a vidya either, or a movie or a song even. It's helpful to go to the source though, find the ancient scriptures that descend from those who were able to find the perfect words to hint at the unspeakable. There's a problem with translation though, namely that we lose the poetry and song of the original works, and this is where modern Western versions such as this come in handy. It's not popular to write this stuff in prose in the West though anyway, so it becomes much of a muchness. Just a bit less of a chore to read.

I recommend you start reading your ancient myths though. There's a lot to be said about the realization that these quandaries are as old as man himself.
>>
>>18543252
Thank you. I'm a long-time lurker whose occasional posts usually signal the death of a thread.

I don't know if I recommend taking psychedelics really. At one time I certainly would have, but with some of my later experiences I began to get the feeling that the trip itself was telling me to leave this stuff alone. There are definitely more natural ways to achieve these experiences - meditation, astral projection, fasting - but I have never given them the time or effort myself. I will say though that the despair I've felt is one that is overcome by the other realizations that came with the same knowledge. Ultimately I feel that the sense of reality I have gained is the most optimal and ideal way for things to be. Death and forgetting become blessings to your tired eyes that go on seeing, but the forever-death we envisage today is too much.

I have a devout Catholic friend who tried acid recently looking for the same thing as you. I think the stuff I gave him had lost its potency so he didn't quite get to the place I'd been telling him about, but he did describe a rewarding experience. I recommend mushrooms by the way or anything else that's non-synthetic. I suppose that one of my earlier feelings on the subject was correct, that these drugs serve as training wheels for living. The trick is to hold onto the truths you find without becoming a massive ego-trip and annoying the fuck out of everyone you speak to.
>>
>>18543512
The thirsting is the error. This is called dukkha in Buddhism. It is the source of all suffering and letting it go is the path to enlightenment. If you are searching for ultimate answers, then all you will find is disappointment. If you seek knowledge simply because it is what you wish to do with your life, then this is what you should do. That's kind of where I've been since I fried my brain about 5 years ago. My goal has simply been to find a way to communicate what I've found with others. I understand though that this is unreasonable and that history is littered with the works of people who did the same and that yet we're still where we are. There have been countless voices that spoke in words much more skilled than I can muster, and yet they changed nothing. All I can hope for is that the work that I do might serve as a guiding stone to others, as the works of others have done for me. It’s really nothing more than wandering lost and alone through the desert only to find a rock with the words “Dave wuz ere” chipped into it. It’s not much, but then again it can be everything.

Yes, this is the truth you should seek. The truth that is inherent to the experience of a child. But you are not 15 anymore. It’s time to wear the man-boots now. This isn’t a bad thing though. As a child you dream of the day you become an adult so that you can do that which you do in play but for real. As a child you might play in the dirt building roads and bridges and running streams underneath them. As an adult you can do this on a much grander scale and it is many times more satisfying, as long as you remember that it is still a game and that it’s just for fun. Millions of people lose themselves in the simulated world of Minecraft without realizing that they can play it for real. It’s just about leaving your room, your house, your city, whatever the size of your isolation chamber might be.
>>
>>18543516
Don’t forget about people though. Building relationships is even more satisfying than building castles. The ultimate structure one can build, the ultimate legacy one can leave, is family. Be the foundation of a great tribe of people. As sure as it rises it will someday fall, but this is simply the great measure we know of as the test of time. Try to beat your own high score.

A lot of what I’ve written here probably doesn’t apply so much to you as you seem to have a good grasp on this side of things.

Am I right in thinking you more or less want some sort of divine confirmation? Do you think you’d be happier living in a magical world? I’ll tell you this much, through a combination of my experiences, my investigations and the logical conclusions I’ve made from both of these, I have come to believe in all kinds of /x/ related stuff, without ever perceiving it directly. Ghosts, fairies, giants, gods, heroes, saints, esp, magic, middle-earth and other realms. We are currently in the age of Pisces which means these things have been taken from reality and placed in our subconscious. This is not how it always is though, and it is probably best to enjoy the experience for what it is, while it is. There are amazing potentialities in this age of deception.

I suggest you look into astrology if it’s something you haven’t done yet. Don’t worry about the soothsaying aspect, that’s for insecure plebs. Look at what your birth chart says about the role you were born into. It’s like reading an operator’s manual written about you. Even if it’s just a pre-written approximation generated online. I like this one: http://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php
>>
>>18533246
fuck yes liz
>>
>>18543522
This it's really inspiring.
>>
deprogramwiki.com if mpd/did or mkultra has something to do with the despair code.
>>
the only thing i fear more than the unknown is the known. i'd probably fear the unknown if i got to know it better though.
kik:aboitbrutus
>>
>>18543512
>>18543516
>>18543522
>All I can hope for is that the work that I do might serve as a guiding stone to others
Thank you, Dave.

What is your stance on religion? I happen to be born into quite a theology centred family, Orthodoxy, so closer to the source than other versions of christianity.
>The thirsting is the error. This is called dukkha in Buddhism
What are some good readings/teachings on this.

On the note of "Divine confirmation" & "Magical world", It depends on what you mean by magical. I just wanted to know what lies beyond what we can perceive through our senses is a way to put it.
I have people close to me whom I have asked how could they be so devoted. They told me that they had personal experiences which were interpreted as a sort of "divine confirmation". And this for them provides a backbone/something to latch to. I lack that.

On the note of "It’s just about leaving your room", what are some good ways to do this. How do I interpret this? I have always been attracted to "exploration" just like all of us here searching. So aside from exploring whats within my reach/financial capacity where should I head?

Should I keep it in the back of my mind to "gain a sense of reality which is optimal"?

>astrology (will look into)
any other?
>>
>>18545247

No, no. Thank you.

I am a religious pluralist in the Kantian sense. I believe that all religions point to the same truths and that their differences are the result of the climates they develop in. Thus you have figures such as Jesus and Buddha having the same revelations, translating them into their own vernaculars and communicating them to people with particular cultural predispositions. Gautama Buddha was invited to palaces to counsel kings, Muhammad was given control of a city whose army he used to take over Mecca, and we all know what happened to Jesus.That's without getting into tribal religions and their take on things.

I'll try to get back to you on this. In the meantime, here are the dialogues of the Buddha: http://sacred-texts.com/bud/dob/dob-001c.htm

Look within. You are the divine spark. This is what lies beyond the senses. Take comfort from saying "wherever you go, there you are." Watch Buckaroo Banzai. It touches my soul when Peter Weller says it.

I've gotta stop using "just" like that. Never comes off well. It might be your lot that you should take to exploration of the self, or through books or something else you can do without leaving the house. I do think that a more outdoor lifestyle is something many of us are lacking at the moment though, myself included, and I don't think the artificial realities we live in do us any good at all. Exploration starts at home really. People invest a lot of time and money into going on their holiday adventures putting unnecessary pressure on the experience. The key is to not know where you're going. Let the path lead you.

Yes, something like this. There's never any point to having a negative or dull worldview aside from playing the role of confused sourpuss in the great game of life. There's also no harm in believing in things you've never witnessed. It's only when you do see them that you might have to worry, but that could be for a number of reasons.
>>
>>18545446

Astrology is such a good starting point because it shows you the lenses through which we see the world and through which the divine truth is filtered. This is a timeless and country-less tradition that can be found in all the religions I've studied, though I can't say it for Islam which I don't know all that much about.

It's certainly in Christianity for it is in Judaism and it is in the Jewish texts of the Old Testament. I assume for this reason there's references in the Koran but then they also throw out a lot of stuff as idolatry. Christians do the same thing with demonizing everything else which is my problem with Abrahamic religions on whole. Polytheistic religions allow for other people's gods, in fact they are curious about what other people know about the gods. This is the correct stance to take.

I suggest using Manly P. Hall, Joseph Campbell and Alan Watts to help guide your research. Each of them were the foremost scholars in their fields at the time. Hall was an expert on esoteric knowledge, Campbell an expert mythology, and Watts on Eastern religions, but they all swam deeply in the same pool of knowledge and came out with the same answers. I think of them as a trinity which, broken down in Christian terms, makes them Hall the father, Campbell the son and Watts the holy spirit.
>>
>>18545481
Also my name isn't Dave.
>>
>>18545481
I see.

I'll be checking out the website.

> There's never any point to having a negative or dull worldview aside from playing the role of confused sourpuss in the great game of life.

Yeah I have also reached this conclusion

I am familiar with Watts, and will look into the other 2 that you mentioned. Anything I need to know beforehand?

>>18545483
I now but since you are playing the role of "Dave wuz here" I thought it would be funny.

Also watch lots of movies so will check out Buckaroo Banzai.

Since this thread is on the topic of Dispair Code, what is your take on it?
>>
File: daa.jpg (44KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
daa.jpg
44KB, 960x955px
>>18543236
Still checkin in here Frogbro
Very good to know that there are actually some Euros in here
>>
it's all too spooky
>>
>>18545543

Not other anon, I will say though that whatever you think, will be. You are always creating your reality, I will say that you won't find what you think you want, because what you want right now isn't answers, you want to search for answers. What you actually want right now is to be a seeker. That's what led you here, and importantly, that's what also stops you from accepting any answer you come across, because you've come across and discarded dozens of them, why? You don't want them, you want to search for answers, so you're co-creating a reality where you get to do that, how cool is that! I've done it too, it's fun :D.

This is why people don't get rich with law of attraction by the way, they misunderstand how it works. You can't focus on wanting your dream car, because then you will manifest the experience of wanting your dream car, instead you have to focus on what it feels like to have, to be in, to emotionally, experience YOUR dream car, and then marvel at how reality shifts.

If you believe that you can manifest a $2 coin simply by using your will, ala magick, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll literally trip over said coin.

I spent years of my youth stuck in the 'you are fucked regardless' phase after doing too much acid without doing the ground work of healing my inner wounds / meditation, however had I not gone through that trauma, I would still be holding onto consensus reality, believing in only the empirical, rational world.

The reality I enjoy now, one where this week alone I've found a $2 coin after thinking about it, twice, is much more interesting :). My old reality was work hard, spiral into debt, suffer & wait to die. Current reality is meditate on dream car, place a bet using borrowed money, win said bet 10 days later & now have 150k to buy dream car, no work required. On a deep level, I still know I'm fucked regardless, but it doesn't matter.

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson is a great starting point.
>>
>>18541100
this
>>
>>18540881
the second one is a pretty decent summary.
also, be careful and try not to add too edges in that reasoning, you may have end on misanthropy
>>
>>18537316
She's still hot. Sauce?
>>
>>18533306
Your saying dissociative death mimicry leading to your body giving out is enlightening. Kek. Repeat this to yourself when your on dialysis.
>>
>>18545543

Like Watts, Hall and Campbell each have a good amount of recorded lectures available for your listening pleasure, and they all make great orators. Campbell, being the last one of them to die, also has a video-lecture series and a series of interviews with Bill Moyers. I suggest starting with their first books, Hall's The Secret Teachings of All Ages, Campbell's The Hero with a Thousand Faces and Watt's The Way of Zen. There is simply an incredible wealth of information in these books.

Well I did chuckle when I saw it even if I didn't quite get the joke. I was hoping my response would add to my mystique.

Film is an incredible medium for expressing these ideas in a really condensed form. I also recommend Existenz, Slaughterhouse 5 and Breakfast of Champions (both based on Kurt Vonnegut books that are well worth reading too), Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries (great contemplations on life when faced with death, Andrej Tarkovsky's Solaris and Stalker (incredibly melancholy films that show beauty in despair), and to a lesser extent Stranger Than Fiction and Mr Nobody which are pretty tacky but do a decent enough job of illustrating some of these themes. Oh, also the anime Mind Game and while I'm on the subject, Evangelion is an existential masterpiece. Also I can't recommend The Sopranos enough. And I watched Jim Henson's Fairy Tales and Greek Myths series' recently and they're so good I wouldn't be surprised if he was murdered over them.

All of what I've said relates to the despair code as I understand it, but I think that despair is the wrong reaction to have to this knowledge, and I think that it is a reaction that is somewhat particular to our times, at least in terms of its extent. This happens particularly when we filter these thoughts through the modern dogmas of science. Thus you have people talking about simulations and computer-brains and all kinds of nonsense.
>>
>>18546019

Get outta here with your nihilistic, materialistic nonsense. I agree that the search for answers is a road with no end, as all roads are, but are you implying that there is no truth to be found? Spoken like a man who has never come across any real truths.

What is the lesson you're trying to teach. The Secret? Get everything you want simply through the power of thought? How terribly lazy. Your advice is to gamble using borrowed money so that you can buy all the nice things you want? Who is your mentor, Biff Tannen? I'm glad you've seen through the horrible rat-race facade but it sounds like you've left yourself with little else.

Learn to appreciate the value of work. Nothing beats a well-earned respite other than the slow realization of a long-term plan. The problem is that you were stuck in an unsatisfying and demoralizing job as many of us find ourselves. It's not all that hard to get yourself on a rewarding career path. The key is find that which you were put here to do, and do it. Knock on that door and it will open.

The best way to think long-term is to imagine the way in which you would like to die. Honest reflection on this will lead to many answers on how to live life. Think of your death and also of the legacy you will leave, be it a family, a physical structure or an idea. The longer-term your goal, the loftier the reward.

It is true that life isn't meant to be easy. If it was it wouldn't be fun for very long. Take pride in the struggle. Appreciate the set-back. Only then will you know how great a thing you have done. Don't let yourself turn into pudding.
>>
>>18541100
>>18543522
>>18546622
>>18546699

All praise belongs to the mighty Kek!
>>
>>18538326
fuuuuck cone snails fampai
>>
File: loveischemicals.jpg (62KB, 477x626px) Image search: [Google]
loveischemicals.jpg
62KB, 477x626px
Pic related
>>
>>18533246
It's just a meme bruh.
>>
>>18546699

I had an abusive childhood (absent father / schizophrenic mother) , dropped out of school at 15, worked full time until I was 29, was 70k in debt thanks to years of drug abuse, and on the verge of suicide. Fat, broke, depressed, alone, I've been there.

2 years later I was sober & a millionaire. I gambled to get capital, then I got that car on credit, invested the rest of the money in a friend's company who had been stuck at a plateu for 3 years, helped the company break through a success barrier and 9 months later we listed on the asx.

I do work now, only its work I want to do. I finance start up companies & buy / flip ones with problems, fund and am on the boards of 2 charities, develop property, and then I vacation whenever I want, etc. But I would not be in this position until I learned to harness my desire, to manifest things quickly and easily with the power of intent + action.

You either fight your desire, the bhuddism path, try and rid yourself of it, which is really just desiring to have no desire, or you realize it's a powerful tool always working, so you can just use that energy to give you and others what they want, quickly and easily. You are always right and get exactly what you want, you don't want success and ease, so you won't get it. Sure, there is still suffering now in my life, but it's so much less & I get to deal with it by being comfy. The problem isn't that there are too many poor people, it's that there aren't enough rich people.

I can tell you in the first 29 years of my life I only hurt myself and others by suffering, in the last three I've gotten everything I could ever want, and helped way more others get what they want. I could get my parents (who between them have 3 bankruptcies) out of public housing and into their own home again. I still suffer, but it's each day in the gym, and is my choice now.

If you think life is meant to be hard, you will manifest that reality, be aware of your thoughts.
>>
To the guys in the thread actually explaining:

Yeah, I've come to this conclusion too, amazing how it is, that the human body should be compelled towards its destruction.
>>
>>18537756
If this is the despair code then I'm sorely disappointed. You're putting a lot of importance on the individual. Things exist without you observing them. You're not the deciding factor of what exists in the universe.
>>
>>18540888
No, his mother essentially drove him to suicide because she was a stupid delusional bitch. That meme story you believe is just another part of her genuinely thinking her son was possessed by the spirit of an angel.
>>
File: 1477886623381.jpg (178KB, 572x680px) Image search: [Google]
1477886623381.jpg
178KB, 572x680px
>>18538408
>>
Anyone who unironically seeks the "Despair Code" is either legit retarded, or a malicious being trying to makes others suffer at their pleasure. Either way they have it coming.
>>
>>18547820

I'm glad to hear you managed to turn your life around so well. You have achieved many things that I have not.

Buddhists are well aware of this paradox and it really comes down to a misunderstanding of the concept. If you desire to stop desiring, you will never reach your goal. That's like thinking "don't think". All you're doing is perpetuating your thoughts. Enlightenment is a realization about what it really means to be doing what you're doing. It's self-administered psychotherapy, much like the Gestalt school but you're catching yourself out. It's the sense that you have nothing to fear from the world and so doing anything other than that which your soul urges is a horrid waste of yourself.

I didn't say that life is meant to be hard, just that it's not meant to be easy. Boredom can be the most nightmarish of fates and it's the likely outcome of a life spent working solely for the acquisition of things that are meant to make you happy. They will grow old, all of them. Even the new ones. Then you'll be left with a bunch of things and nothing else. You got your parents out of public housing. That's beautiful. I grew up in public housing and I know what it does to a person. Family is something special and I hope that you start your own someday soon.
>>
>>18533246
I liked Westworld too
>>
Listen, theres is a God and he loves you. Many of you might say you only follow "logic", but God is very real. There are many testimonies out there. There are many movies out there. One I recommend from the top of my head is Miracles From Heaven. Jesus stepped down from heaven to pay the price for the sins of the world. If you believe in his name, you shall have eternal life. Read a King James bible. You may not believe it is "real", but the bible contains a lot of wisdom and theres a solution for all of your problems in that precious book. May God bless you.
>>
You cannot get to heaven by any other "God" other than by Jesus Christ. Allah, Buddha, Satan, Muhammed, etc. will not save you. Only the one and only son of God, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>18548801
the whole trinity is copypaste osiris/isis/horus
>>
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/comments/30t9kd/repost_a_parallel_life_awoken_by_a_lamp/?client=ms-android-att-us

Reading all of this stuff reminded me of this. Is it at all related?
>>
>>18537297
>Has never been to multiple psychiatrists
>Never heard how many times they say "maybe"
Welcome to reality bud.
>>
>>18549610
This thread could be a depression manual.

All despair code threads could it's amazing.

They describe any type of depression and mania associated with it.
>>
File: hackers.gif (1MB, 463x200px) Image search: [Google]
hackers.gif
1MB, 463x200px
>>18533335
What if I hack the Matrix?
>>
>>18549610
glad to see the thread going
also:
>Has never been to multiple psychiatrists
wrong
>Never heard how many times they say "maybe"
they seldom used the word
>>
>>18534952
no one really wants to meet anyone from 4chan.
don't you know the story of the /k/upcakes?
>>
>>18533246
She cute
>>
>>18549922
tell
>>
OP here, so the despair code is kind of like, say there's a filter that every person possesses which allows him to function in daily life and allows him to follow logic and have relationships. This filter weeds out the monsters that threaten human existence and human existence is a monster in and of itself. The despair code is what happens when you lose that filter and you start to see reality breaking down. It can be fun to watch everything go haywire but you will lose your identity and start to dissociate. That's what I got anyways.
>>
Thank you by the way, for all of your responses.
>>
>>18539908
Programmer here
"Comment out" means to turn off (by commenting the code)

Uncomment is turning back on.
>>
>>18547851
But, anon, things do not exist unless you see/feel/smell/taste/hear them. They well could stop existing as soon as you stop looking at them.
>>
File: 1451878483319.jpg (104KB, 712x812px) Image search: [Google]
1451878483319.jpg
104KB, 712x812px
>>18551124
Many things exist without our observation. Many things we want to exist simply don't exist. Seeing/tasting/feeling/tasting things is a privilege, not a right. All of us will cease to exist not knowing something that will be discovered centuries later. That is a fact and there's nothing anyone of us can do to stop it.

It's kinda funny, really. This whole board is dedicated to believing the impossible. It's no wonder many anons gravitate towards The Despair Code. It's something to fall back on, something to reassure yourself that you're not wasting your time on the paranormal, cryptids, magic spells, and other nonsense. In the end you can tell yourself all you want that "everything exists because I exists" but really that's giving ourselves to much credit. The universe barely notices you're here so why the hell should everything revolve around you.
>>
>>18551424
>why the hell should everything revolve around you.

Because that's what it does.
>>
>>18533280
You'd be gay if you wouldn't
>>
The Despair Code, as it is presented on this board, is a description of people's mental status whilst they are suffering from schizophrenia.

It's a way for people who are paranoid enough to believe that they are somehow special and that everyone is against them to cope with the fact that their brain is damaged in a some way and is desperately trying to keep itself from spiraling out of control.
>>
>>18551443
I'm sorry to inform you but you're not very important to the universe. You could die tomorrow and I and everyone I know wouldn't even notice and vice versa.
>>
File: 1484721421300.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1484721421300.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>18550851
Hopelessly positive anon here, how many blocks of code exist, and how can you determine the severity of your exposure to it?
>>
Dont you fucks get it? You're looking for the Truth. That's the whole point. Thats always been the point. Capital "T" Truth is unattainable, but IS glimpsable in fleeting moments. Our simple caveman spitfuck brains are incapable of Truth, only of Truth's feeble insecure bitchass little brother- reality. WE CANT KNOW BUT WERE STILL TRYINA and that sir is the point. Despair Code's counterpart.

tl;dr the path to enlightenment is disguised as illness to scare people from critical thinking.
>>
>>18551558

This should either help immensely or hurtle you into a spiral of associations and literally turn you schizophrenic.

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwpyI0tL5N8&list=PL3iIE7dVi7tQyG_txrt5L02H-LcqjE6Kx
>>
>>18551536

Yeah, how's that belief system working out for you buddy? We are the universe. We transcend time and space. Reality unfolds around us.

The experience of consciousness is all you've ever known, and yet you wish to deny its worth? If this life is all you think you are then you will cling to it in the face of death and suffer an agony unknown to you now when you could be peacefully moving on to your next adventure.
>>
>>18533246
okay, so, after going through this thread, i like the idea and all, but who came up with this fucking gay ass name? "despair code"? sounds like a fucking anime, you idiots.
>>
File: 1484172748537.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484172748537.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>18551526
> trying to keep itself from spiraling out of control.
spiraling towards what exactly...
how is that statement justified.
>also implying that people cant handle this shit
fix your argument or kys
>>
>>18533246
its a great meme
>>
>>18552028
There's no adventures just denial, conflict and striving after the wind
>>
File: really_anon__really.png (15KB, 198x247px) Image search: [Google]
really_anon__really.png
15KB, 198x247px
>>18552028
>>18552496
It's not denial, anons. I'll admit that my world view is the only view of reality I know but I'm simply one of billions of lenses peering into this reality. Perhaps even trillions considering that there's a high chance of life on other planets. "The Despair Code" is your brain trying to cope with the fact that it doesn't know everything, hell at this point might as well be it's own religion. Everything we know is unprovable, including the "Despair Code" so it would be pretty ironic to believe in something just because I can't prove that my reality is its own universe. There are many things you need to take into consideration before you start believing blindly in this:

>Why do things that I don't like exist?
>Why do bad things happen to me/loved ones?
>So if a schizophrenic's illusions count as his reality therefore making everything he sees real, do his illusions have their own realities as well?
>Who made the "Despair Code" and how did they get so powerful?
>Are fictional characters real since we are aware of them?
>Is every God real since everyone's religious beliefs are now real?
>Who's the most powerful God?
>Why are some living creatures more powerful than others?
>Why do they have a stronger reality than others?
>What is Math?
If you put enough thought into it, I'm sure you can give yourself answers. However there lies the problem. It's so easy to make connections to things that don't even have anything to do with each other rendering every answer meaningless. I'm not a religious person and I'm not about to believe in something so silly without any evidence.
>>
>>18552496
Kek, no such thing as adventures. What a sad-sack.

>>18552847
The "Despair Code" is a term invented to put at the bottom of a jmaeg as the final boss of conspiracies. This doesn't change the fact that have taken the idea and ran with, creating a fairly consistent concept of what it's meant to represent. It has come to represent the existential anguish that Sartre described.

>Why do things that I don't like exist?
Because I put them there.

>Why do bad things happen to me/loved ones?
Because life would be meaningless if they didn't.

>So if a schizophrenic's illusions count as his reality therefore making everything he sees real, do his illusions have their own realities as well?
Yes. This ride is infinite.

>Who made the "Despair Code" and how did they get so powerful?
That's like asking "who made God?" or "why do 2 and 2 equal 4?".

>Are fictional characters real since we are aware of them?
Yes, as is anything else imaginable.

>Is every God real since everyone's religious beliefs are now real?
Yes, and they each refer to the same set of gods.

>Who's the most powerful God?
This is like asking "what is the most powerful colour?"

>Why are some living creatures more powerful than others?
Different ways of cutting the cloth.

>Why do they have a stronger reality than others?
What do you mean by this?

>What is Math?
Maths is a rhythmical sequence, like everything else in this world. If you don't believe me, learn binary.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v1dQ1dauhQ

>>
>>18539958
>comic book writers
>jews
Just chillin' waiting for the Antichrist.
>>
>>18533246
if the universe is a simulation and the real thing is somewhere else. who made the simulation and the things that made the simulation are they just watching it like its a video game ?
>>
>>18533363
I'm not really /x/, i just like to see what spooky mishaps are going on from time to time.
Can i still go out for ice cream with you guys?
>>
>>18533246
You're the devil. Shit's bad. You're actually the good guy. Go forth and method act.
>>
>>18545446

>>>18557075?
>>
>>18547820
Would you be so kind as to manifest a great amount of wealth into my life? Please and thank you, kind sir.
>>
>>18547820
same as >>18558360

But I don't need anything outrageous, I just need to get some consensual sex with someone attractive asap, I'm 33 and pretty much a virgin, I hired prostitutes and could not get a proper erection with them even using viagra.

Many blessings to you and your loved ones, please help this poor man, I'm desperate.
>>
I want to take the Bog pill.
>>
>>18533246
>throwable chairs

probably not a real mental hospital desu
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.