[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I've been watching this board for a while (been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (581KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
581KB, 3264x2448px
Hello.

I've been watching this board for a while (been on 4chan for a minute or two) and I have never voiced myself here before. My name is David, I'm roughly 20 now. When I was about 8 I left the Christian faith to search for a personal relationship with 'God'. I ended up falling into alternate religious studies, observing other religions, disciplines, and methods for spiritual attainment. Luciferianism was one of those disciplines, as were some Buddhist, agnostic, Wiccan principles of study. I fell into some groups of study around local "temples" and discovered the ancient Alaezen forum as a preferred medium (a community of alchemists, philosophers, poets, etc). It's been roughly 2 some years since I left the forum and I was happy with where I was taken. As a spiritual "independent", i enjoy discussions- never a fan of doctrines. I've run across many stations which promise their listeners "answers" and "enlightenment" and such, never subscribed to groups like that for my general distrust of authority and social-organizations as a whole.

I wanted to have a Q and A here for whoever is game, I offer nothing but my experience and observation. Any questions about experience, my convictions presently, my thoughts over subjects we may be contemplating?
>>
>>18532103
is that a dead body, or the loch ness monster?
>>
>>18532238
It appears to be a log.
>>
>>18532238
Was a log drifting down the river when I took the photograph
>>
Hey bruv my name is juicy jay how do you turn lead into gold and or coal into diamonds via alchemy
>>
>>18532103
Why the spiritual journey OP?

What were you searching for.
>>
>>18532265
I personally never studied alchemy, I would guess you'd need immense heat/pressure seeing as they are two distinct states of the same element
>>
>>18532265
Lead to gold sounds pretty retarded from a methodical standpoint, anon
>>
>>18532271
When I was younger, the state of my education dissastisfied me. I was obsessed with the concept of "truth" and objectivity in general, and since so many domestic aspects of my life were ever changing, I looked for solidity in my spiritual-domain. After a while I even lost faith in truth itself and it sent me on a spiral down the spiritual and vaguely introspective forms of though.
>>
>>18532276
Damn bro what can you do that is cool like you spent a lot of time you must have some dank knowledge we can all capitalize from or are you just pretending
>>
why did God farted us out I dont even want to play dominos anymore
>>
>>18532287
After all that, what do you think of truth now.

Does it holds any value?
>>
>>18532292
I can't do anything particularly special. We were trained (very basically) to engage in close-quarters combat with some melee weapons to defend the temple (usually a temporary safe-house type of residence where we studied and ate). In my case, my meditation covered the dissolution of self and the realization of suffering. Sadly no floating, anon, but I did learn a great deal about the human condition, and how to cook for 38+.
>>
>>18532321
Well man best of luck I'm just looking to work hard and expand my wealth
>>
>>18532311
I feel the concept of truth in the west resembles a peculiar game we play, it's titled "my observation is more observant than yours". We love dearly to receive recognition that the things we see (observe) are real, mostly because deep down we want assurance that the seer (observer) is as real to who we compete with as it is to ourselves. The painful thing seems that nothing is as real to others as it is to ourselves; that observation creates reality and reality creates reality (truth) symbiotically
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>18532328
Thanks, mate. Best of luck with the whole "wealth" thing

>>18532304
God farted you out to play hide and seek with himself
>>
>>18532332
Yep, that goes for the concept of truth, the subjective truth.

But that sounds like a platonian aproach, material truth, how do you regard that, cause even if it's intangible because of our lack of objectivity, it's still there.

Things are, despise what we believe of them.
>>
Lets switch topic shall we? Do yall niggas like snorting shit? I mean as in litteral piles of fucking shit that come from your smelly asshole. It gets you a mild thc high and I think its a cheap alternative to weed. Make sure to shit in your school bag so you can snort shit even when you are in class.
>>
>>18532350
I fell through to something akin to absolutely relative relativity, that even the lack of trust in how "thingy" things are should not be absolutely considered
>>
>>18532386
Used to smoke pot quite a bit after I left the temple, never turned back to drugs after the family got involved
>>
>>18532409
like, the manson family?
>>
>>18532440
My personal line, they found it to be less valuable than I did, so I ceded the habit for their comfort
>>
>>18532103
>I'm roughly 20 now

What does this mean? How old are you? And why didn't you just say that instead?
>>
did you ever think about concentrating on rationalism, logic and science rather than on "spirituality"?
>>
Hi David, welcome to /x/. It can be a varied experience as you have seen already.

I've wondered about truth and reality myself, and have explored different avenues. A Course In Miracles is interesting if you've not come across it. But in recent years those kinds of questions have seemed less important than other more pragmatic ones; how do we stay present and aware while living in the world; what keeps us plugged in to feeling good; what makes for balance and health in oneself and in relationships with family and friends.

Just some thoughts. I have to go to sleep now. Catch you later if the thread is still up.
>>
>>18532916
I'm not sure exactly how old I am, hence my rough estimate. Been a long time since I had a conventional birthday; I know it's in August though
>>
>>18532959
That was my initial approach to the whole "truth-seeking" desu- it later turned into more introspective matters the farther science and the "rational-perspective" led me on, almost unavoidably so.
>>
>>18532103
do you masterbate?
>>
>>18532964
The manners are greatly appreciated, I hope the thread will last the night- I'll return for more questions in the morning.
>>
>>18532311
Both the truth and the lie are nothing but spooks, there exists nothing but yourself and your will. Only that you can know for certain.
>>
>>18533196
Yep
>>18533244
The self is made known according to the environment (both socially and physically)
>>
Back

-David
>>
>>18534924
Hello again, and... I have to go to sleep again... Have you come across A Course in Miracles? From what you've said I think you'd get on with it. It has a text and daily exercises, and starts from the premise that nothing is what we think it is. It blends Eastern Buddhist-style awakening concepts with a Christian approach to God, though not a biblical fundamentalist one. It was the first thing I came across that started to make sense of christ, rather than the watered down message you get in church. Which incidentally, turned me right off when I was 15 and I didn't go near it again for over a decade.
>>
>>18532103
What form of expression do you most appreciate?
What is to you the most important aspect of the human experience?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>18532265
I can tell you but itll cost ya an arm and a leg
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 637x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 637x640px
>>18536216
Fucking kek
>>
>>18532338
Someone knows wich flower it's this?

I obviously know that it's an orchid, but wich one.
>>
>>18536178
I most appreciate story-telling as a mode of expression. I don't think human existence has any importance beyond its own fruition though; watching our general condition is enough for my study now
>>
>>18532103
whats your opinion on OBEs and the view on the universe? Like is it more like a spiritual thing or a sciece thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 640x638px
>>18539023
OBE's? Never had one, never thought much about them. I'd imagine they are just as much a hallucination as tangible reality is in the sensory experiencial sense.

My personal view (and in a sense there can only be a personal view) of the universe persistently equates the spiritual and the scientific, in my experience the scientific has an inherently sacred functionality, and the spiritual? it maintains an inherently functional and material basis
>>
>>18533185
OK, is there a reason you don't know?

Were you raised by wolves? You were, weren't you?

Are you Mowgli?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.