[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, I don't come to this board often but something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: screaming eagle.png (64KB, 706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
screaming eagle.png
64KB, 706x1024px
Hey /x/, I don't come to this board often but something creepy has been happening with my brother since he got home. Please, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

My brother, let's call him Shane, was deployed to Iraq with the 101st for a year and recently he was discharged from the Army. He suffered a severe head injury over there after some kind of explosion (I don't remember the gory details) but allegedly recovered. Still he was medically discharged because of of a suicide attempt after spending a while in some psyche ward. When he first got home he was obviously different; I mean I knew he would be but it was odd. My brother was always a really talkative guy; he loved cracking jokes, telling stories and just talking to people and going out. He also loved working out (big dude, 6'6 240lbs) but seemingly has no interest in it anymore. Clearly he's depressed, that's what the suicide attempt was over, but that's not what worries me.

One of our friends from high school came by to have some beers with us the night after he got back. The whole day prior he was shut off in his room (I made sure to basically suicide proof it) and just laid in bed. I coaxed him out but he had no interest in eating or drinking as he said he didn't need it. Deeper into the night me and our friend, let's call him Tom, started asking him questions and he would just smile at us, laugh a bit, and stare at his beer. Then he looked into his reflection on the t.v and ran his hand over the scar on his head.
"Did they recover my body?" he piped up immediately. We looked confused at him and asked, "what?"
"My corpse. Did they get it back to mom?" he started to whimper like he was holding back tears and said "Poor mom, I miss her so much. I wish I could've said goodbye. Tell her I love her?"
I forgot to mention our parents are out of town right now and are coming back Monday.
"You're.....you're right here Sean...." I said as Tom was just freaked the fuck out.
>>
>>18523458
Let's call him cuck instead
>>
>>18523458
Sounds like he's a fking cuck you should fuck his gf in front of him.
>>
>>18523458
"Drink some of that beer dude, let's get fucked up just like old times!"
He chucked the beer can into the wall and said "What's the fucking point. Look at me. I'm a mess"
I thought he was self conscious about his scar. It's not pretty but he doesn't look deformed.
"Dude it's not that bad. It makes you look bad ass honestly. You shouldn't feel self conscious"
"Why did this happen to me?" he said and started sliding his hand down his face while staring into the t.v. He started pulling on the skin bellow his eye. At this point Tom went into another room freaking the fuck out and I was ready to join him but I was scared Sean would hurt himself or something.
"I'm so cold. I'm so pale. I'm rotting away. Why did it have to be like this?" he said crying and pulling on his cheeks.
"Sean....you're scaring me man. What's wrong? You know you're safe here. You're home. No one's going to hurt you I swear to God"
He was hysterical at this point. "I just wanted an education. I didn't want to die. I didn't mean to die. It wasn't supposed to be like this."
I was seriously freaked out, like shitting myself. I told him to come with me and put him in his bedroom. He laid down but was still crying and picking at his face. Tom went the fuck home and I sat with him until I passed out. When I woke up he was still staring at the ceiling.
"You feel ok bro?"
"No."
"You know it wasn't your fault, right?"
"I signed the contract."
I won't bored you, we went back and forth but he kept talking to me like he was dead. It was fucking chilling. Like I have no idea what to do. He refuses to eat and I don't think he's slept more than a few hours in like two days. He keeps saying there's no point and just marvels at his skin and picks at it. He says he's rotting away and cries that the explosion killed him. Says "I heard a boom, a bunch of dirt kicked up, then nothingness".
>>
>>18523478
Basically I have no idea what to do. I called my parents but they're cunts and want to pretend nothing happened. They say it's "best for him". I want to try and take him for some kind of psychological evaluation but I'm worried he'll lose his shit. Is this some kind of fucked up side effect of PTSD or depression? Or both? Please, it's scary as fuck and I came to /x/ because it seems paranormal or maybe something someone on here might know about.
>>
>>18523460
>>18523469
Hilarious faggots.
>>
>>18523478
Sounds like ptsd
Not paranormal but dangerous get him help.
>>
>>18523486
Does he frequent the VA?
Sounds like PCS, take him to doctor if it compliant. If not encourgae him. If it gets really bad to the point of an hero, weapons should already be out of his acess and ideally out your home, call police to place him on 5150. If you do have to call 911 be very specific with his situation so they know he might do something offhand and pretend like he has a weapon.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Also not paranorma.

>>/adv/
>>
>>18523504
No he refuses to go because he says there's no point since he's already dead and decomposing. Sorry it just seemed paranormal to me and I really don't know the board on this site besides /b/ /fit/ and /x/
>>
>>18523512
Have the adults in your house contact the VA and professionals for help.
>>
>I'm not sure what could be wrong
>suffered a severe head injury
>medically discharged because of a suicide attempt after spending a while in some psyche ward
>it seems paranormal

Buddy, maybe you're the one whose brain needs some work
>>
^^^ the dude sounds fucked by PTSD. Get him safe and somewhere caring.
>>
Hate rp
At least u write ok enough
>>
>>18523553
It's just crazy, like maybe something paranormal happened to him over there. I know PTSD gives you nightmares and flashbacks and shit but I have never heard of it making someone believe they are a walking, rotting corpse that doesn't need to eat or sleep.
>>
Your brother is suffering from what is known as "Cotard Delusion" or more commonly "Walking Corpse Syndrome."

It's a rare mental disorder thought to potentially be connected to dysfunction in the fusiform gyrus and amygdala (two cerebral structures that could easily have been damaged when he was injured in Iraq).

I haven't heard of anyone with the condition being considered an imminent danger to themselves or others but your brother really should be under proper psychiatric care. The depersonalization characteristics associated with Walking Corpse Syndrome can occasionally cause sufferers to fail to recognize potential hazards due to their delusion of being deceased ("how can something hurt what is already dead?").

My deepest sympathies and prayers for you, your brother, and your family.
>>
>>18523458
>Decided to waste his life and become jarhead cuck to die in kike wars

That's probably his problem, OP.
>>
>>18523458
I would put him in a mental institution i think you can put him in one against his will if you can hopefully they can help him in there
>>
its obviously ptsd nothing paranormal so dont worry. Tho he might have come back from among the dead, probably so thats why he feels dead. He should be happy, not many get a second chance
>>
>>18523494
That's more than PTSD if true, that's a full blown psychosis.

OP he needs a lot of help.
>>
Lol, what if you try to seduce and fuck him? Maybe sexual pleasure will prove him he's still alive
>>
OP: Sounds like (you)'r brother suffers from Cotard's Syndrome or Cotard's Delusion - in that case the patient believes he died.

Since you said he takes antidepressants - he should avoid valacyclovir - which only enforces the delusions in that case. Consult with psychologist or psychiatrist.
>>
File: 1449177106309.png (93KB, 216x249px) Image search: [Google]
1449177106309.png
93KB, 216x249px
>>18523460
>>18523469
>>
>>18523625
>>
>>18523458
You don't want to buy into the nonsense he spews. If he says some shit like, I'm a living dead zombie waaaaa, you gotta come back with, uh huh did you see the Rangers game last night? Don't feed into his delusion. Just derail the IRL thread and shitpost it into oblivion.
>>
>>18523625
This guy is correct,
>>18523458
>>
>>18523625
>>18523625
>>18523625
>>
>>18523478
Your brother has PTSD severely and believes that he is dead, this is a common belief. Explain to him that you believe this and that you want to help him. Make him talk to you about what he is experiencing and sees. You can help others, too.
>>
>>18523625
>>18523689
>>18523704
OP here, I was sleeping so I left the thread. I looked up this "Cotard's Delusion" and it seems to definitely fit the bill. The scary thing is I'm worried if we try to force him into being institutionalized he will freak out and hurt someone. He's essentially what you said; "why eat/sleep/do fucking anything since I died in Iraq". Speaking with him more he seems to think he hurt our family by joining the Army and has now been sent back to watch us move on without him and make him suffer. He hasn't hurt himself aside from picking at his skin. I didn't think it was possible but he's getting even creepier by the day. I'm going to see if my grandfather will help me call some psychiatrists; he's also a veteran and might understand that he's struggling. Our parents don't seem to care and take it seriously, hell they barely reacted when they heard he tried to kill himself. Still, like I said, I don't want him to lash out and hurt someone or himself.
>>
>>18523679
How is that "wasting your life"? My father did 4 years, went to many amazing places, met great people, women, etc. Then he used the free education the military gave him (they pay for your masters if you've been deployed) to work on becoming a university professor.
>>
>>18524260
Those people deal with people like (and also in this sense bigger and worse than) your brother every day, there is little to nothing to worry about there.

Don't tell him about it and visit him on the reg whatever happens.
>>
File: 352646.jpg (18KB, 266x348px) Image search: [Google]
352646.jpg
18KB, 266x348px
>it's an /x/ mistakes brain malfunction with the paranormal episode
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.