[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im no /x/pert just very interested in the foundation of Abrahamic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_3138.jpg (347KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3138.jpg
347KB, 1280x720px
Im no /x/pert just very interested in the foundation of Abrahamic religion.

From my limited understanding, it seems like the devil is a boogeyman made up from a combination of pagan deities. For instance, the name Beezelbub comes from the pagan god Baal. It seems from reading the Old Testament that the Jews who believe in God also believed in other deities, they just only chose to worship one. Therefore, the devil and demons could just be negative portrayals of rival deities that over the years got simplified into "Satan."
>>
And pic related is Bes, an Egyption God that has greatly influenced the modern portrayal of Satan
>>
File: OH LOOK IT'S THIS THREAD AGAIN.png (760KB, 426x624px) Image search: [Google]
OH LOOK IT'S THIS THREAD AGAIN.png
760KB, 426x624px
>>
The Christian God is a bloodthirsty pagan deity from Israel who got very popular over time.
>>
>>18521261

Do you guys wonder if the artist and thinkers of the past indulged in psychoactive substances. I mean just look at that image. Thats some stellar art. Whoever produced that must have been on some heady stuff.
>>
>>18523062
Some Greco-Roman art is definantly influence by psychedelics... Did egyptions use any drugs recreationally?
>>
>>18523046
Im not sure if Yaweh exists the way he is portrayed in the Bible, but if he does I agree that he is definantly one of many Gods
>>
>>18523025

The Marvel universe bleeding in?
I thought it was the Justice League only.
>>
>>18521261
I'm also interested in this, but and I can't start a new thread sry, but recently everything has been making more sense..... And it's a lot A LOT worse than you know. The second beast in the book of revelations is the internet, the mark is www (literally 666 in ancient Hebrew). Ask me anything.
>>
>>18521261
The most coherent argument I've heard is that it's a total propaganda thing against the Babylonians (so all their deities are evil and shit and bad) with minor bits against other major regional powers (so the Egyptians were the big bads but got one upped and duped several times because they're on the wrong side).
>>
>>18525308
Ive been told the internet is the real anti-christ

what are your thoughts or knowledge on that?
>>
>>18525326
Well, the letter w, a Latin letter added much more recently than nearly any of the others because of different sounds in Northern European languages, is weirdly given a number in ancient Hebrew and has relevance to a book written in Biblical Greek. Crazy huh?
>>
>>18525326
When people say that most of the time, when they say antichrist, they are referring to the second beast in the book of revelations aren't they?
>>
>>18525343
yea I think so

feed my brain with knowledge that the internet is the second beast
>>
>>18525350
Well, to worship God is to serve God. So when it says people will be forced to worship the image of the beast it's describing the current relationship between people and the beast (the internet). Serving or worshiping the internet.
>>
>>18525350
the False Prophet is who you are referring to. the teachings that during the end times there will be an antichrist, a false messiah, are extrabiblical and therefore cannot be substantiated in scripture. its my belief that its propaganda to keep people looking in the wrong direction, but i may be wrong. one thing is for certain though, and that is the time is at hand.
>>
Also very difficult to buy or sell without accepting it. Impossible for me. Plus I believe all this and I can't stop using it, scary.
>>
>>18525383
>Plus I believe all this and I can't stop using it,

That's what the bible means by "forced to worship it"
>>
File: 1483899362694.jpg (496KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483899362694.jpg
496KB, 1280x720px
>>18523046
How is he a pagan god if he is the christian god? Are you mentally retarded?
>>
File: giraffes with graphs.jpg (147KB, 762x530px) Image search: [Google]
giraffes with graphs.jpg
147KB, 762x530px
>>18523062
>>18524460
>that art is so good, they must have been on drugs!
Alternatively: you're just super boring
>>
File: zartosht2.jpg (51KB, 477x716px) Image search: [Google]
zartosht2.jpg
51KB, 477x716px
>>18521261
>>18524471
Now I could be fudging the details a bit here, but iirc, Yahweh was originally a town-god named Yaw, from the same Canaanite pantheon as Ashurah. First he was a storm deity, but later adopted the traits of El, the sky deity. As his particular group of Semite worshipers commited socio-poloyocal conquest in the region, so did Yawheh come to dominate the religious pantheon/ideological sphere.. Note that the version of Judaism (Pharisees) that survives to this day was one of four that were around during the times of the Romans.

Of course there were other influences as well, i.e. the concept of an never-ending cosmic battle between good vs evil via Zarathustrianism (pic related), and the ever-recurrent parable about the supernaturally capable son (Osiris, Marduk) of a major deity-father (Ra, Ea) who is resurrected/beckoned to defeat a monstrously evil dickhead (Set, Ereshkigal). These are just examples from neighbouring myth cycles, though. If you dig deep enough, you'll find some fertility cult influences relating to psilocybin shrooms and Siberian shamen.

So yeah, it's a real melting pot. nother interesting fact: Yeshua is considered an avatar if Vishnu, as well as Gautama Buddha. But I digress.
>>
>>18521261
Why would you put this thread in the contaiment board for loonies.
>>
>>18526020
We are very receptive, to certain subjects.
>>
File: 1483942276209.jpg (965KB, 1134x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1483942276209.jpg
965KB, 1134x1444px
>>18525909
Nothing you said is inherently wrong as far as I know but I still figured I'd drop this here.
>>
>>18523062
I mean it wouldn't be surprising considering it's believed that the poor back in the day might have eaten moldy rye with the ergot fungus. It's one of the ways they think the werewolf myth started as well as the Salem Witch Trials.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they did ingest psychedelics on accident or if the artists had some kind of mental disorder.
>>
File: god as satan theory.png (1MB, 1680x1213px) Image search: [Google]
god as satan theory.png
1MB, 1680x1213px
>>18521261
>>
>>18525380
They have been saying this ever since Nero was head hunting Christians. What is everyone's fascination with the end when the ending is certainly uncertain and yet unavoidable.
>>
>>18525682
His origins are polytheistic and hence pagan. Learn to read you weeb faggot
>>
>>18525308
>revelations
It's actually 616, it was a mistake.
>>
>>18521261
By the time of the building of the first temple there were 3 popular cults among the jews
Cult of Abraham centered around a rock object said to be the pillow he slept upon
Cult of Moses devotees identified with a staff shaped as serpent
Cult of Samson at Dan
While popular these cults were ruthlessly suppressed to centralize worship within Jerusalem
>>
>>18526602
>While popular these cults were ruthlessly suppressed to centralize worship within Jerusalem
They'd consolidated religious worship with tax collecting p much.
>>
>>18521261
God/Allah/Yahweh is also a combination of personalities from previous religions. Political forces determine which qualities make it to the positive side of the religious thought.
>>
>>18526520
Out of the couple thousand ancient greek manuscripts of revelations, maybe four of them say 616. So roughly 99.9% of them say 666. These things were copied by hand, so every once in a while, an error crept in.
>>
File: portman.jpg (38KB, 526x522px) Image search: [Google]
portman.jpg
38KB, 526x522px
>>18525682
I hope you are joking
>>
>>18526506
>>18529152
pagan

ˈpeJɡ(ə)n/

noun

a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.