[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the odds that old science fiction books (asimov, heinlein,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1484150749049.jpg (46KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484150749049.jpg
46KB, 1440x900px
What are the odds that old science fiction books (asimov, heinlein, dick) that had elements of science fiction which later became science fact were not predictions but they had insider information
>>
>>18521000
slim
>>
>>18521000
what is that guy doing
>>
>>18521004
trying to not lose his melons?
>>
Some science fiction writers have a background in STEM. It would make sense that they would have old friends that work in the industry that they still have conversations with. Shooting the shit probably shouldn't be considered "insider information" though.
>>
I can state for a fact that many aerospace engineers and scientists, dating at least back to the 60's, have a very scifi like belief system. Their approach to science and space is based on their belief system. This is their belief in a nutshell: Aliens came to earth and dropped an organic matter. This matter is the base of all life. Through various conditions on earth the matter evolved and multiplied into various organic species. The evolution has continued to the point that we now have humans and animals roaming the earth that all evolved from the same base organic matter, planted by aliens. Based on this belief, the scientists theorize that we were planted here to evolve continuously in all aspects. The goal of the evolution is to develop a civilization that will have the technology to reach out to their creators, the aliens. This is why we see much of today's technology. They are preparing us for intergalactic travel to meet up with alien creators. This is why we have email, internet, satellites, smart phones, etc.. And it is also why we are developing space travel, moon mining, and space colonization.
In closing, let me just say that much of the scifi genre is based on the religion of scientists that actually help form our society. Art imitating life, imitating life, lol
>>
>>18521117
Okay taking mars for example does not have sufficient gravity and atmosphere to hold on to liquid water, it's shed into outer space.
It's entirely possible comets could of been drawn close enough from the gravity and moons and pull up water. Most extremophiles that are proven by experimentation to be able to survive in space are found in water. A comet passing by closely could sweep up this water with any organics contained in it and drag it off with it toward another place. Could it survive re-entry and collusion? I don't know but it's entirely possible for it to spread without ayy liums.
>>
>>18521117
i've thought about this a lot and i think the "aliens" did it on purpose and not space having it's own ecosystem ecology type thing with natural mechanisms to do it undercuts how resilient and easily life could spread and create aliens.
>>18521153
continuing from this assuming they could suspended in liquid get into space it could freeze or mix with other chemical elements that place it in suspended animation and create a thing where when it passes through close enough to another planet like a near collusion the vapour trail of water or other chemicals melts slowly enough to stop all of the living matter from burning up in the atmosphere and perhaps they just have enough of a lucky shape like an ant that falling will displace enough around it that it harmlessly falls to the ground and continues living in a new environment.
science cults don't sound improbable but I really doubt it a lot
>>
>>18521000
I got really into Heinlein as a preteen and have read most of what he wrote. It is in no way possible he was predicting anything in the vast vast majority of his work.

PKD in some ways is pretty prescient but it's more on the social, cultural, psychological etc side. He is really quite out there in a lot of his work, and to the degree the derivative of his work Bladerunner predicted the future part of that was self fulfilling prophecy.

Asimov just tickles nerd balls where he's been involved in shit that's happened. Crap like the 3 laws of robotics is loved by scientists because it sounds sort of philosophical but requires no real thought
>>
>>18521000
trinstod?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.