[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what if the placebo effect is a proof of the existence of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: placebo-1.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
placebo-1.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
what if the placebo effect is a proof of the existence of the law of attraction?
>>
>>18520924
I never thought of that, it is unscientific, but that is exactly the power of the mystical, sometimes the power of magic is unexplainable.
>>
but what if placebo effect is actually proof of skeletons?
>>
If the law of attraction isn't stronger than placebo, isn't that proof that it doesn't exist?
>>
>>18520924
What if the law of attraction is simply error correcting code in the simulation?
You constantly think about something as if you have it already, the error correcting routines are fooled into believing that a mistake happened and they "give you back" what you never had. After all, maybe there isn't enough space on the servers to keep track of what each one of us really had.
>>
>>18520924
OR you can not be ignorant and read on the counterpart of the law of attraction.

Shill.
>>
>>18521282
Thats a really good analogy to how it works.
>>
>>18520924
no, it's the proof of the great power of our mind over our body
>>
I wish I was dumb enough for it to work on me.
>>
>>18520924
It isn't. Most of the time, it simply alleviates psychosomatic symptoms. At best it slightly increases immun functions, which can be suppressed by your mood (stuff like cortisol).
It is, however, sometimes used in therapies. Even with the knowledge of patients. Quite an interesting study. But nothing paranormal about it. Just basic psychology.

LoA is also just a cocktail of cognitive biases, by the way.

I'm tired of New Agers pretending science isn't a thing and ">muh personal truth".
There are some serious parapsychologists out there. Look for them. And ignore this wave of "physicists" who don't seem to understand the first thing about experimental design.
>>
>>18521333
>>
We all are like fucking magnets, so how to de fuck we are all connected? This world is too gut I go kill myself
>>
>>18522078
>Look for them
Stop being a fag, and give us some names.
>>
>>18522078
>I'm tired of New Agers pretending science isn't a thing and ">muh personal truth".
op here, i also don't like them, but i always keep an open mind. Anyway, do we know how our placebo increase our immune functions? Is it because of chemicals that our brain produces or it is just an observation that scientist made and they're still trying to figure out? legit question, i really don't know.
>>
>>18520931
1 kek has been added to your account
>>
>>18522078

Do you even know what the LOA is?

Its easy to pass off experiences as things that were likely going to happen anyways and form a comfirmation bias.

This is addressed continously within the LOA community.

Whatever LOA is, its pretty clear it has a big impact. Bigger than any confirmation or hindsight bias.

Whether you believe some of the spiritual stuff behind it, or not, the main concept isnt difficult to be found true by modern psychology.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.