[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here on /x/ know about or practice herbalism? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: Herbs.jpg (647KB, 2508x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Herbs.jpg
647KB, 2508x1672px
Does anybody here on /x/ know about or practice herbalism?

I'd like to learn more about it, and find quality resources for learning.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Power-Rainforest-Herbs-Understanding/dp/0757001440
>>
File: 8edb1717ce3e3d7e64b29ea16c0f508f.jpg (151KB, 564x1544px) Image search: [Google]
8edb1717ce3e3d7e64b29ea16c0f508f.jpg
151KB, 564x1544px
Novice here. I started out drinking tea at a young age, but as I grew older I became more and more interested in the healing properties of herbs, and also the spiritual properties.

A good way to start is to start harvesting your own herbs. Start some sprouts in the springtime, and learn how each one grows and how to take care of it. You can harvest them when they're big enough and dry them to use them for teas, decoctions, tinctures, salves, really anything!
>>
>>18515014
"The Herb Book" by John Lust was my first herbal book. It's a good start. You can buy it for super cheap on ThriftBooks.com ($3.59)
>>
http://witcheslore.com/bookofshadows/herbology/plant-and-herb-magic-2/1174/

some spiritual info
>>
>>18515014
Oh, also, for beginner recipes, "Medicinal Herbs, a Beginners Guide" by Rosemary Gladstar is really great. I've used it several times to make herbal digestive pills, syrups, and decoctions.
It would be a good idea to get a mortar and pestle.
>>
>>
File: b1eaf177978d6f0a78d740c4d2dccc40.jpg (118KB, 505x1010px) Image search: [Google]
b1eaf177978d6f0a78d740c4d2dccc40.jpg
118KB, 505x1010px
>>
File: IMG_20170104_123234.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_123234.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>18514860
Foxfire 1 has a good few pages on this. Try the library.
And do not examine the image I am posting from that book. Do not.
>>
>>18515093
oh god...
>>
>>18515115
Try getting that the fuck out of your head now. I have had the thought every day since I rented that book. I would post more but it's returned, you can get a PDF in a couple seconds too because the thing is pretty old. Not that you'd want to now.
>>
File: 1417331366932.jpg (84KB, 780x785px) Image search: [Google]
1417331366932.jpg
84KB, 780x785px
>>18515137
It reminds me of this
>>
>>18514860
Here's your first lesson in herbalism: most herbal remedies are bullshit. Only a very few actually have real, tangible, non-psychosomatic effect. Cinnamon and red pepper will warm the tissues and dilate blood vessels, opium will sedate you, etc. But most herbal "remedies" like garlic or Echinacea don't actually do a god damned thing.

I've studied herbalism since the 90s. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, look at the peer-reviewed literature. Always take a doubting view of herbal cures, rather than a trusting one.
>>
>ctrl+f "Cunningham"
>0 hits

Alrighty then, looks like nobody has mentioned one of the go-to books on the subject: Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs
>>
>>18514860
Been into it for quite some time. Never go to hospitals and tend to treat my own illnesses so I rely on herbs and essential oils and the like.

It's easier today than it's ever been in the past thanks to google. You don't have to rely on herbalists guides that are one-sourced or have errors in them. You can google exactly what you're looking to treat then have the herbs/oils delivered to your door. Then there's the very easy to keep live medicinal plants that everyone should have like aloe vera (needs almost no care), thyme (evergreen and grows like wildfire once planted), and ginger.
>>
>>18516431
Seconding Cunninghams for magical purposes.

However, OP never really specified their intent. I know a great deal about herbalism, but it's all magical. I know next to nothing about medicinal herbalism.

I think the first step is to figure out if you want to learn about the healing and medicinal effects of herbs, or the magical and energetic uses of herbs, theyre very different areas of study usually.
>>
>>18516506
What can I use to calm my mind and spirit, what can I take to increase telepathic acuity?
>>
>>18516548

Not that anon, but lavender is one of the more popular choices for chilling you out. Wood betony, skullcap,and ginkgo would be the three I'd suggest for boosting acuity.
>>
>>18515152

this is how every "summon a succubus" ritual should begin and end
>>
>>18516410
You are incorrect and this thread is based off of magik not simple remedies
>>
>>18516410
Garlic vapor does do stuff, it's sulfur fumes.
It reduces cholesterol too.
It's a great topical antifulgal and a decent wound cleanser. It can be used in high doses to treat parasitic infection.

Herbalism is best looked at with the notion that everything is medicine, just not always as simple as boiling a cup of water.

I mean you saying that garlic and echinacea is useless just shows that you've never taken an echinacea enema for your stomach flu

>>18516436
Ginger isn't easy to grow.
Aloe vera isn't that effective at what it's claimed for. It's more of a poop drug.

>>18516548
You don't want telpathy, it's unpleasant.

Mugwort is a good plant for that which you do desire. Go find one this spring, the smell is unmistakable.
>>
>>18515014
Peppermint tea supressing appetite is a meme. I grow it an can drink a gallon of it and not get the same appetite supression I get from a single 6oz cup of English Breakfast.
>>
>>18516548
seconding the call to lavender, lavender is honestly just an amazing plant and pretty much any herbalist or magical practitioner could do with a big fucking jar of it.

Bonus tip for lavender besides the shit everyone knows: It's very effective for preserving things, you can keep desiccated/dried animal parts or other DRY organic things in a jar of lavender to prevent decay/insects/gross.

As for other things to calm you, Ive always found echinacea to be good for it, but thats a personal thing, not necessarily a "prescribed" thing. Lemon balm, hops and catnip are also supposedly good, and Ive heard really good things about Ashwagandha. Depending on your reaction to it, (people have different reactions) Valerian will not only chill you out, it will knock you the fuck out and can be an excellent sleep inducer.

For development of psychic or mental powers off the top of my head: Anise, Eyebright, poppy seeds, mugwort, sandalwood, cedar and rosemary.
>>
So guys it's hard admitting this, but I got really high about a month ago on vaporized weed to the point of going into bout of depersonilization that lasted a few hours (Extremely horrifying). For those who don't know what depersonilizaton is, basically it's as if your own self has been stripped of your consciousness, but you're completely aware of it. You start to sort of observe your body and every thing is hazy and feels like a surreal painting. Throughout the experience my heart was beating about as fast as if I just run a mile or something and my brain felt fried. My writing is pretty terrible right now because I'm pretty down trodden so if you're interested just look into depersonilization, some people never get out of the state so I was thankful I made it out in a few hours. But it really messed with my brain and nerves it felt like. I think it may have been due to the fact that I had never used a vaporizer before and I hadn't smoked weed in like 2-3 weeks. Thankfully I returned from the state of depersonilization after a few hours, but the experience left me with longer term consequences.
>>
>>18517876
(Pt. 2)
So here's the part that's extremely depressed me since then:
Since the bout of depersonilization my dick has been pretty numb as if a third of its nerves just died on me. It makes it extremely hard to get it up and everything on the tip just feels less sensitive kind of like rubber. I've heard about aphrodisiacs and what not that increase blood flow which could help to a degree, but my problem is I feel like my issue goes deeper than a blood flow problem.It feels like I need to revive dead nerve endings. If anyone's had a really thick scar they'll know the nerves feel dead. It's like that feeling where you can poke it at and not feel alot. Anyone know about anything that will actually cure this? The whole experience has been extremely depressing. It got slightly better for about a week in terms of getting it up easier, after 2 weeks following the initial incident, but I ended up getting drunk one night and woke up with it way worse than it was before and with it being number than it's ever been. It's been about 6 days or so since the drunken set back and I'm waiting or it to heal, but am extremely scared I won't recover to wear I was before the drunken set back let alone to how I was before the depersonalization incident.

Sorry, I hate putting this extremely personal and depressing info out, but I saw there was an herb/mediciinal thread and I've been thinking about herbs to heal me a lot lately, so if anyone here knows an herb or a technique that will actually restore nerves and return sensation. I wouldn't be able to put into words how thankful I'd feel.

Again, my writing is kind of convoluted and unorganized, this has affected my motivation to put effort into things and my motivation in life in general. So if you're confused about what I mean just ask.
>>
>>18517878
if you are having neuralgia in your dick, you need a doctor man, dont fuck around.

Im a believer in using herbs for various purposes, but nerve damage is not a fucking joke, get in and see a doctor or you could literally be risking future use (or existence) of your own dick, dont play around.
>>
>>18517887

fuck dude, do they have treatment?
>>
>>18517887
I'm pretty young still living with my parents so I guess I'm gonna have to tell them about this shit to see a doctor. Fuck, guess I'll have to though.
>>
>>18517887
There's no pain or anything, it's just a numbness its not a complete and utter numbness either but it's extremely numb in comparison to me before.
>>
>all these posts saying that herbalism is "bullshit"
>meanwhile the entirety of medicines and pharmaceuticals are isolated or derived from these very same plants

Gotta love /x/
>>
>>18517888
>>18517893
>>18517899
> do they have treatment?
yes, its the specialty of neurologists

>Fuck, guess I'll have to though.
You need to tell them you're having some issues down there, you dont need to be gruseomely detailed, tell them that youre worried and want to see a doctor, you do NOT need to tell them about the other shit unless you want to, but DO tell the doctor.

>>18517899
>but it's extremely numb in comparison to me before.
Neuralgia doesnt always mean pain, it can just be numbness, tingling, pins and needles feeling.

Im not a urologist, and Im not a neurologist, I dont know whats going on, but if I were "still pretty young" Id want to make sure my cock was going to be with me for awhile.

Its probably nothing dude, its probably easily fixed, but neurological disorders are usually degenerative, meaning they usually get worse, not better. So just make sure shit is ok.
>>
>>18517912
Thanks dude I really appreciate the info. I'm gonna go see one. I've haven't really been able to find sufficient info so online i've just been reading about ED, but it doesn't feel like just blood flow so I appreciate the info.
>>
>>18517912
I just pray there's treatment to return to normal as opposed to just preventing it from getting worse than it is now. I know it can get worse, but I'm not gonna be doing pretty good if I'm stuck in the state I am right now.
>>
>>18517878
As the other anon said go see a doctor to rule out anything serious and get focused expert advice and treatment.

But there may be a few other things which you may be able to do to improve the situation.

I suspect its mostly psychosomatic and/or a down regulation of your cannabinoid receptor's which will normalize.

>Abstain from cannabis from now on.
>Do cardio to improve blood-flow and reduce stress/get the endorphins going.
>Hericium erinaceus (Lion's Mane Mushrooms) may have a role in protecting and regenerating some nerves, so might be worthwhile chasing up some extract of that. (Avoid Reishi mushrooms they are a male libido killer).
>Also ensure your diet is varied and wholesome (Lots of dark green vegetables, fish, eggs, etc).
>>
>>18518017
Thanks for the info, is Reishi a brand of Lion's mane mushrooms or a different mushroom in itself?
>>
>>18518017
Yeah, I've abstained from cannabis for almost a month now. And will be abstaining from alcohol since the alcohol setback.
>>
>>18518114
*have been
>>
Too bad some things like gyno can't be cured with herbs
>>
>>18515093
why not? does it work? if yes than it gets rid of tapeworm whats the problem?
>>
No, but I have full faith in herbalism. It's healed me where modern medicine has utterly failed and just tried to suck me dry
>>
Anyone with experience of indoor gardening? How do you do this with a small apartment?
>>
File: 1468952112392.jpg (112KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468952112392.jpg
112KB, 640x640px
>>18518210
Yeah it totally can.
But herbs need diet too.

First try correcting your omegas fatty acid ratio with a good old herb known as hemp seed.

This means watching anything fried, or processed needs to be accompanied with 1tablespoon hemp seed, even if it's just a donut. Or a bagel, or a piece of salmon (salmon omega 3 is a lie) and like 3 tablesppons if it's like a fatty cornfeed steak.

If the thyroid is low then ashwagandha helps, if you take statins, please stop.

>>18520715
You don't.
Or you have a south facing window, and an open window on both sides of the home for cross ventilation, you'll also need artificial lights because the buildings are too tall.
>>
>>18521393
If you can't get hemp seed, then the chinese used earth dragons for this.
Take several earth worms and kill them in a freezer after purging them with some sterile sand and water, then drop the worms in 50% vodka and store for a year, then you drink it for omega 3 fatty acids, but it must be kept out of light.
>>
>>18517878
Same thing happened to my tongue and left side of my mouth. It wore off after a few weeks. it was mostly better after the first couple days.
>>
>>18521393
Indoor gardening is a thing tbqhfam
>>
>>18523824
Not really if you ae an herbalist concerned with it's phytochemisty.

Truth is, outside is best. no amount of growlights that a person (not a money demon) can reasonaly afford can beat outside grown herbs.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.