[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis thread. Have you ever had one? Describe it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

File: SP.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
SP.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
Sleep paralysis thread.

Have you ever had one? Describe it.

I just woke up from my fourth ever episode. They are getting weird now. I only got visual hallucinations the first time they happened, the other ones I've only gotten auditory hallucinations. The weight on the chest and the feeling of a presence or intruder is always there though. The weirdest part for me now is that when they happen, I know what's happening to me, and I can kind of bruteforce my way out of it.

This time was the second worst I've had (after the first one). I felt a presence, my body went numb. My eyes darted through the room, and thankfully I didn't see anything/anyone. But just as that thought entered my thought I felt a loud BANG coming from beneath my bed, and a loud as and evil as fuck sounding "hum" came from it. I managed to sqeal a bit and move my right arm, and that broke it. I probably won't go to sleep again tonight after that, though.
>>
I've had a few. Here's one.

>dealing with depression/insomnia
>wife also having sleep trouble
>she suggests sleeping on the couch for a night
>surewhynot.jpg
>couch is L shaped, we're on different sides
>sleepan
>wake up staring at ceiling
>can't move
>not my first rodeo
>can't turn head, can't see wife
>get feeling that it's not really her
>hear her slimy body sliding over
>feel hot wet breath
>her mouth is big enough to eat me in a few gulps
>try to speak
>try to get through to her
>ss-ss
>eventually squeak out "stop"
>bolt upright, paralysis broken
>monster gone, normal wife sleeping where I left her
>3:30 AM
>no more sleep that night
>sat up on couch staring into the dark until morning

Picture Unrelated
>>
>>18511911
Sleep paralysis is cool, only cunts are scared of it.
>>
>>18511943
Must have been terrifying on a whole other level experiencing that, having your wife be the "intruder". I've only ever experienced it alone.

>>18511954
Fuck off, sounds like you never had it.
>>
File: 1449621206768.jpg (29KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449621206768.jpg
29KB, 720x720px
I've had it a few times. The scariest was I saw this dark figure with a hood and I was transported to an Egyptian floating tank thing. Idk, it was scary.
>>
>wake up in the middle of the night, lying on one side
>can't move
>head is covered by bed sheets, but somehow I can see what's in front of me
>everything is cinder grey and has a static-like texture
>a little goblin-looking thing with the most sardonic smile I've ever seen is floating a few inches away from my face
>to the left, there's a gagged girl
>she has a rather calm expression
>I'm not really shocked by any of this, and I fall asleep a couple of minutes later
>>
>>18512068
Another one:

>be at home, back from college
>feel exhausted, so I decide to get some rest after lunch
>lie down on my bed and fall asleep
>open my eyes; I'm lying on my sofa now, downstairs
>TV is on
>suddenly, everything gets dark
>somehow I can still perceive the TV, but not exactly through sight
>there's white noise on the screen
>an incredibly powerful vibration is coming from it
>it's like a sound, but unlike any sound I've ever heard
>I can't look away from the screen, as I lie there, overwhelmed and filled with dread
>I realize I can't move; I'm having a sleep paralysis
>I'm feeling a little bit spooped, but I'm also fascinated by the experience
>then I remember the stories about shadowy figures and screeching sounds so commonly associated with SP, and I decide to end it now
>I try to move my arms with all my strength, but it's all in vain
>finally, I manage to turn around, and I wake up on my bed
>>
Been having sleep paralysis since I was seven. I'm 21 now and after doing some research and reading on it I don't seem to get as scared when it happens. I have episodes anywhere from once a month to five times a night. It's rough sometimes but I guess it's interesting to experience.
>>
>>18512075
To add to this, I usually don't have hallucinations but on a few occasions I have. It's very difficult to tell the difference between them and reality. Anybody else ever feel like your whole body is vibrating violently? That's my least favorite.
>>
>>18512106

>Anybody else ever feel like your whole body is vibrating violently?

Yeah, I've gotten that everytime except once. I agree with you, it really feels terrible.
>>
>>18512050
Probably he hasn't, but I had, and they were cool.
Heck, I've even dreamed having them.

This is real
>be in car waiting with mom both in front seats
>fall asleep
>sleep paralysis
>herewegoagain.pdf
>can't move
>only control over my body is difficulty in breathing
>attempt to scream help thrice
>failed miserably, no words uttered
>wait for me to get out of trance
>awake
>mom, didn't you heard me calling for help?
>what are you talking about? Your breathing did got heavier.
>mfw

Only hallucination I've ever had were dark circles in the ceiling changing size
>>
I had them back in the day. I've even tried forcing myself to have them again. I had three different main types of hallucinations one of which is the main reason I want to get back. More on that in a sec.
First is the standard shadowy figures, the door to my room opening to reveal only darkness. Only happened the in the beginning. The first time I actually thought I was being posessed and managed to break out of it. The fact that the second incident was the next day didn't exactly make me think I wasn't being posessed.

The other type I would clearly see figures, they looked like ghe goofy monsters you see in medieval drawings. You know, the ones with almost human faces, always in some uncomfortable smile. This didn't even phase me to be honest.

The third type is the one I was talking about that makes me want to go back. In this version, a female figure that looked like a succubus but some here have theorized to be a dryad came into my room. She would invariably walk up to me, I would seemingly sit up despite being paralyzed and she'd sit down. I'd lay back down, my head now on her lap and she'd sing the most beautiful lullabies until I fell asleep properly.
>>
Recently I've had a similar experience but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

>lying on my back, awake, eyes closed
>begin feeling strange, tenseness, but not paralysed
>begin hearing the sound of a horse running on gravel, very loud
>feels something getting me up, like pushing up my back
>decide to open one eye to see if I'm dying or not
>hallucination completely stops

Not sure if it's really sleep paralysis or out of body experience. I did not panic at all, I was actually pretty thrilled. Any ideas of what it was?
>>
>>18512290
I don't know. But I can say that everytime I experienced sleep paralysis, if I opened my eyes, the hallucinations and the episode kept going. Maybe some more experienced anon than I can help you out.
>>
>>18512302
To give a little more info, it felt as if it was only the beginning of something more intense. As if I had the "choice" to resist or to let go before the show went on. And the little I experienced before getting out was really intense, so I can only imagine what would've happened if I had totally let go.
>>
>>18512315
I can relate to that feeling of intensity getting higher. That's usually how I manage to end the episode early, since I force my way out of it before it gets worse.

Maybe it was sleep paralysis. The way you experience it can vary greatly from what I've read about it.
>>
>>18512290
>>18512302
>>18512315
Oh and it did not feel negative or scary at all. I already knew about sleep paralysis and such, but never actually had one, so I was excited and ready to let go. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dying or anything. And the loud horse running sound was actually beautiful.
>>
>>18512322
I think it was, although I never felt threatened or paralysed. Thanks for the input though
>>
I've had sleep paralysis since I was little. I'm 30 now and don't get it as much.When I was little I could move my arms and wake myself up. It got worse over the years as I couldn't move anything and my head would just fall to one side or the other until I snapped out of it. Now it mainly happens when I sleep on my stomach which is the worst. I have to breath heavy and reach a panic mode until my andrenaline kicks in to come out of it. I never remember to look for figures. Anyone else similar?
>>
>>18512106
Congrats bro. That vibrating sensation isn't something bad, its actually a step leading into astro projection.
Step 1) sleep paralysis
2) meditation and focus
3) a sensation of electric energy running through your body
4) a loud af hum (like a train is next to you)
5) vibrating
6) independence from your physical body.
>>
File: pentagram-symbol.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pentagram-symbol.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
Well I'm here because I seen the picture and it reminded me of what happened to me You guys may have just saved me from going into sleep paralysis. So I had no idea it were steps going into astral projection and this was no angel trying to get me out of my physical form. More like sleeping under the blankets waking up not being able to move for a second feeling vibrations on my foot like something is untying my shoe. ofcourse I'm sleeping its pitch black and I have no shoes or socks on. So I Breakout of this *paralysis* From Fear I usually get in my dreams but it was Real I open the blankets And A Black Shadowy skinny man was at the bottom of my feet it felt tickly but he was chewing on my toes and he stayed there for like 30 seconds before I was like hes not going to leave hes enjoying this I KICK HIM And he feels like thick air and faded away Making a Hissing sound... Can you explain this please ive been scared of this one because I think it was the same guy who was pulling me down in my sleep off my bed..... hes invisible.....
>>
This has nothing to do on /x/, nothing paranormal about it whatsoever, and you'd know this if you'd bother to do a quick Google search.

Sleep paralysis happens when your brain wakes up too fast, and your body is still paralysed to stop you from acting out your movement in dreams. Hallucinations continue over from the dream state as your body is still asleep.
>>
>>18512371
i always feel like shit and uncomfortable when i reach point 5/6

how to explore the astral world then?
>>
for me it's just an "oh, this again, guess i'll just have to wait it out" experience, no hallucinations, just feelings of suffocation occasionally
>>
>>18512050
I always have sleep paralysis you litlle cunt, I am not fearful pussy like you
>>
>>18512463
sorry. so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you.
>>
I had an episode a few days ago, i fell asleep texting my gf when all of a sudden i fall into sleep paralysis, i could only wiggle my fingers but hurt like hell when i struggled, nose was covered cause my pillow, so when i couldnt breath i started to violently shake
>>
>>18513712
I'm well aware of the scientific speculations behind the phenomena. I've seen multiple threads on the subject on /x/ in the past, and while it might not be entirely on topic for the board, I still think it's relevant.

Especially considering the hallucinations, the feeling of dread as well as the history on how people viewed this phenomena in the past. It's more /x/ than conspiracy thread #1278979 or the thinly veiled /pol/ threads.
>>
First one I ever had was TV static noise and pitch black edgy kid with only a grin visible
>>
>>18512106
back of the head is vibrating
>>
>>18512068
>>18512073
Those are dreams nigger.
>>
When you start getting them more frequently the novelty of the phenomenon wears off and you start to kind of enjoy it. I find the buzzing sensation of the limbs and the high-pitched screaming-like staticy noise to be somewhat pleasurable.
>>
It's only happened to me a few times and I've never seen anything spoopy, but I've had a few episodes where I've had this building feeling of dread and the only way to break it has been to shout, which usually comes out as a moan/squeak.

Usually happens after nightmares. I've woken up terrified and screaming a couple of times too, as if the "episode" finished before it began if that makes sense.
>>
I've had it a couple of times
>be me, around 6 years old
>sleeping on the floor in my bedroom
>wake up to find a giant insect face floating around my room
>try to shout for someone to come in but can't

sounds minor but its scary as shit when youre that young
>>
>>18514911
I had it in my 20s a couple of times and the thing looked like an actual muppet but because it looks really real stupid shit becomes freaky.

Like if it were in a movie it would be the shittest movie.
>>
I get sleep paralysis at least once a week, and have for quite a few years. It's more annoying than anything. The trick is to be patient and wait for the paralysis to wear off, gently giving your limbs a test every few seconds until they work. Once you do, you'll come out of the spooky frightening dream world you get stuck in.

Or maybe it literally is demons, as some say. I really don't know. I personally haven't seen anything during paralysis more than a few times. Usually just get interesting hypnagogic hallucinations.
>>
>>18515017
Trying rotating your ankles, works for me.
>>
>>18511911
>be me
>student living in a 3rd level attic room
>sleep at 3am
>wake up at 3.30ish
>only eyes can move
>SHIT SHIT SHIT
>hear a bloodcurdling low raspy voice whisper from downstairs and echo up to the attic
>"Aaaaaighssh aaamm comingsshhhh for youuugh"
>my mind is flooded with images of a creature with a bloodied gaping maw, blade like hands, no eyes, claw like hands and fingers
>then the house starts thumping with each lumbering step the creature takes
>It is going up the stairs
>Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.jpg
>Frantically blinking to make body move
>no dice
>creature on 2nd floor
>heartrate a million miles per hour
>god is not here.
>*keep thinking "wake up wake up wake up"*
>Creature outside my door
>AmIdreamingthishit?!
>The door is locked
>suddenly it unlocks by itself
>whi.morpg
>fucking die inside as the knob begins to turn
>pitch black outside window
>Its never this dark, usually streetlights flood in
>see it peering out from the door creaking open, smiling
>scream the loudest I have ever scrum
>genuinepantshittinghorror.webm
>blink and wake up out of bed
>almost like magic the sky is grey blue as morning is coming in
>heart still racing
>whole house is awake
>my house mate opens the door
>"Oh thank God...I had the worst dream!"
>Then it hits me...
>Friend had opened the door...
I had it locked with a key before I went to sleep.

Hyperventilation set in and my friend had to console me from crying later in frustration.

fml ;-;
>>
>>18511911
i've had sleep paralysis once
when i was sleeping all alone in the university dorms
that was the worst and longest night in my life
>>
>>18514911 is me
i had it again a few months ago. same house, different bedroom

>wake up in bed, street lights coming in through my blinds kinda illuminate the room a bit
>look around my room, looks unfamiliar yet i know its my room
>suddenly realise there are tall figures standing around me looking at me. all black despite the light coming in
>my room is tiny but they all fit
>can't move, either to get out of bed or to grab my phone for light
>suddenly wake up in my actual bedroom, shaking and sweating
>>
I had it two times.

First one was when I slept at my sisters house.
It was the classic "black figure sitting on my chest thing".
I pussied out an closed my eyes to get to sleep, though.
Happened a few days after I read some info about sleep paralysis.
Might've been the trigger.

Second time was recently.
This one was especially fucked up because it happend when I made a nap.
Woke up, it was during day and I had the feeling the moment I opened my eyes something got alerted and went out of the door.
Could only catch what it was in the corner of my eye. Seemed to be a dark figure again.

Very strange what they brain can do.
Seems rather irresponsible for people to trust their own minds.
>>
When I was littler, about 8 or 9 I don't remember, I thought I woke up in the middle of the night so I tried to stand up, but I couldn't move. I heard someone in the kitchen (I was sleeping on the couch that night and I could see the kitchen from where I was) and I thought it was my mom doing dishes or something but I really had no idea why she would be doing them when it was dark out. I tried to call out to her but all that came out was a difficult breath so I obviously started to freak out thinking I was having a seizure or something. I saw a shadow moving through the kitchen, but it was too tall and lanky to be my mom, like super fucking tall here, and 8-9 yr old me had never heard of sleep paralysis before and I knew I wasn't dreaming, so I concluded that I was going to die. I ended up screaming with my inaudible weird breathing, and then woke up in the same place but it was bright out and no one was in the kitchen. Never happened again and I hope it never will.
>>
>>18512106
No but I once been electrocuted in one And it was so bad I ran out of my house and called me dad who also has these. That shit hurt so bad I get scared I might have it happen again, I prob wont live thru it again.
>>
I have them almost every morning. It's not even that big of a deal anymore. More annoying than anything.
>>
This was just last year

>Wake up, can barely move anything.
>Look at side of my bed and see a figure standing there, it's nothing more than the outline of a person. For some reason I think it is my roommate
>I try asking for help, but can barely get a whisper out
>The figure just keeps looking down at me
>I try to move my arms to grab his wrist to help me get up, but I can't get lift them high enough
>Start picking up a bit of momentum, am able to lift my arm a bit higher every time I attempt it
>Finally can reach out and grab my roommate
>My hand goes through him and hits the wall
>The second my hand touches the wall, my entire field of vision turns into a surreal swirl of rainbow colors like I'm going through a cartoon time vortex.
>All the while it sounds like a woman is shrieking in my ears

that must have scared me enough to snap me out of it. Haven't experienced anything like it since.
>>
I get it a lot, sometimes auditory hallucinations like the sound of plastic bags rustling, sometimes I get the shadow man at the door and/or my bedside, sometimes he touches me (not sexually) I just yell "fuck off" in my mind until he disappears then I focus on wiggling my toes until I can move again.
>>
I've never had a real sleep paralysis experience but I've noticed lately that some of my more intense dreams happen when I fall asleep on my back (accidentally, as I usually sleep on my side). I've read that sleeping supine can cause a higher rate of sleep paralysis experiences in regular sufferers and I know that it's a recommended technique in beginning lucid dreamers as well.

a couple of times really stood out to me cause I woke up realizing that I'd left my arm laying behind my head and it had gone numb overnight. one time this played into the dream as I had a false awakening where I freaked out and couldn't sit upright because my upper body was not responding. on waking I realized that I was panicking about my numb arm, but I vividly remember the setting of the dream and know that it wasn't exactly sleep paralysis. in the pre-false awakening dream I felt like I'd been invited to a dark place by some entity outside of myself and balked out of going just before I stepped over the line. my hand took so long to go back to feeling normal afterwards that for a while I was convinced I had gotten a little too close and something had left its mark on me there. even now I'm not sure there's a spot on the back of my thumb that doesn't feel a little different compared to the other hand.

is there something about sleeping on your back that makes you more receptive to wandering entities? does the blood pooling at the back of your brain just make you crazy for a minute?
>>
>>18511911
I had a few when I did a lot of MDMA a few years back
It sucked
>>
>>18511911
used to have sleep paralysis and broke through it after having it pretty frequently.
The way i got through it is by just telling yourself to move. like imagine your whole body is asleep, like when your foot falls asleep not sleepy sleepy time asleep, and basically start with your finger. just tell your finger to move. do it in your head. just get over it and do it. slowly start wiggling your fingers. so fourth.
Its how i broke out of that. after so many times of me breaking out of that shit it stopped being a problem. it really is just a mental strengthening thing. tell your body to do it.
>>
>around 12 year's old
>High fever
>Fall asleep after dinner
>Was semi aware that I'm dreaming and was somewhat aware of my surroundings
>Buried in several blankets sweating a lot
>Suddenly it started to cool down
>Open eyes
>It's dark
>My blankets are gone
>Hear somebody walk downstairs
>It stops walking and calls my name
>I want to get up to run or fight
>Frozen, can't move anything
>Unknown person runs on stairs
>It sounds like it has multiple feet or is running on hands and feet
>Completely paralyzed
>It tackles my door
>Consciousness fades
>Wake up after 14 hour's of sleep

Never talked about it until I heard about sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18516724
>>I try asking for help, but can barely get a whisper out
>>The figure just keeps looking down at me
>>I try to move my arms to grab his wrist to help me get up, but I can't get lift them high enough
I had a couple of dreams like this once, horrible shit.
>>
>>18515092
>I had it locked with a key before I went to sleep.
Now that's a story!

I keep coming back to that one v good.
>>
>>18511911
I had an episode about 3 years ago. I woke up and couldnt move, but i could move eyes. And i thought i heard something moving so i fixed my eyes in that direction. I saw a shadow forming into a person coming through my wall. After i could start moving the shadow vanished
>>
Not really paralysis but I tried to make a thread before about my abilities coming back this year after having blocked it off for my young adult wars to seeing too many dark spirits.

>laying on couch totally relaxed with eyes closed
>young girl speaks to me
>convo and shit like she was right there.. me talking back
>me "where are you"
>her "right here"
>me "I can't see you"
>her "well you need to open your eyes first"

She seemed pretty cool compared to what I dealt with when I was mid teens.

8-16
>Astro travel at will for shits and giggles
>see spirits dream about future events

17-25
>see crazy evil negative shit
>have bad luck

Block all abilities cause too much bad shit to see

This year I've been pretty calm and relaxed and experiencing episodes of abilities back.. all honesty I thought I forgot how to use them.

Wish someone taught me how to control it.. would of been pretty good natural abilities.

Ahh also feel a lot of ppl energies .. hard to be in room with lots of negative ppl
>>
This one time i was like 20 i was reading about sleep paralysis and lucid dreams before going to bed. Around 2am i woke up and before going back to sleep decided to try lucid dreaming and all that. I tried to focus on my heartbeat while remaining still with my eyes closed. I remember this moment when my body fell asleep but i was awake, i felt my head fall to one side and then started hearing like sudden pressure changes in my hear and then some voices. I tried to open my eyes and saw a giant black snake with glowing red eyes, i couldnt move or speak or anything.... it was crazy scary! I remembered that in the posts i was reading someone said that you should try to scratch your hands or move your fingers to try to wake up your body... it didnt work at first but then my body woke up and the sounds and the snake dissapeared.
>>
>>18512371
Astral projection is only possible with demonic or angelic spiritual assistance. Steps 1 is what being indwelt feels like without your deliberate intention.

Stop in Jesus name, Stop!
>>
>>18517351
Demons.

I the Lord Rebuke Thee Satan!
>>
>>18517489
Yeah that's what I figured. That's why I blocked all that shit out.
From what I can tell is they need attention so when they find someone that they realise can feel and acknowledge them they cling
>>
>>18516797
Most people sleep on their back anon
>>
>>18511911
I get sleep paralysis so often, it was scary at first and still is sometimes when I feel like I can't breathe, but i'm used to it. Usually get out of it by moving my fingers

Never have had hallucinations though.
>>
I had sleep paralysis episodes in my childhood. Had one recently as well. Back when I was 8, I had a recurring nightmare about a woman. I don't now exactly why but she terrified me. There wasn't anything particular off about her but she would always chase me and try to drag me around. These nightmares felt extremely lucid and seemed realistic even when out of the dream. That was at first at least. The woman began changing, started being able to phase through walls, gave off a creepy vibe, just thinking about her now gives me chills. Point is, I would always have sleep paralysis as the end result. I woke up, but couldn't move. It was around 3 in the morning, pretty darn dark. There was a slight rapping on my door and it made me pee myself (I had problems with wetting the bed for a long time because of these dreams). I couldn't even move my eyes to see the door. I was looking straight at the ceiling when this bitch appears. Her face is on top of mine and she's smiling at me. I can't look away from her and she has this twisted smile on her face. I started screaming but no one came to help me. It's like all the noise I made was confined to just my room. She begins to drag me by my feet but she moves so fast that I'm basically flying. She takes me to the living room and she begins to make cuts on my feet and legs with her nails. I'm back to being paralyzed. Mouth is hanging wide and she shoves her hair down my throat. Next thing I know my mom is in front of me cleaning barf off of me. I was in the living room and she told me I had sleep walked there. I had cuts on my legs and feet as well, apparently from my bed's metal frame. I slept with my mom for a month and even then I'd have these nightmares. They stopped when I switched rooms. I had one again recently and it brought back all these memories about my childhood I had forgotten. Including those dreams. I had completely forgotten about the woman and wetting the bed.. it's really.. unsettling to think I had forgotten
>>
Ok if u want to expierence it with out fear do this it works every time. so when u feel it coming on just start doing controled breathing in threw nose pause 3 sec out threw mouth u have the ability to control ur breathing for some reason in sp and think of a comfy place u visit in your dreams u will most likley feel a heavy bodyload then wake up in your dream . Thes also alot of weird stuf that can happen in that time between sp and lucid dream but if you go into it not afraid u wont see or hear scary things try this next time u get sp youv got nothing to lose
>>
>>18511911
I get it about once a week, not sure what it means or why.
At this point I just accept it when I get it, calm myself down, and try my best to wake up.
Sometimes I get it when I'm with my girlfriend.
>fall asleep watching futurama with gf
>she is still awake, on her phone
>i notice i'm experiencing sleep paralysis
>try to kick her with full force, but my foot barely moves
>start yelling for her to wake me up, but it comes out as mumbles
>hear her asking if i'm okay, saying my name
>i manage to wake myself up
>tell her whenever i'm doing that. to please wake me up
now everytime I get it, she wakes me up
>>
File: IMG_2339.jpg (257KB, 800x923px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2339.jpg
257KB, 800x923px
Ive only had it once before, was scary as shit when it happend. But i want to do it again. Anybody care to explain how i could get it it happen?
First (and only) time happend like this:

>sleeping
>wake up in the middle of the night on my left side
>go to roll over to see the clock and find out time
>cant fucking move
>"shiit its SP ive heard of this before, no biggie"
>whole body starts to become staticy and feels like the buzzing of one of those old TV screens with no signal
>i really dont like that so i try to wake myself up or move
>to no avail
>it just gets worse
>it feels like its originating from a certain part of my back
>riight down the middle of my spine
>its the worst right there, and its sending out waves of the feeling from there
>then i feel two fingers shove into my skin at the spot
>doesnt hurt, i just feel long bony fingers with nasty nails digging in and grabing my spine
>its behind my back, and i cant see
>however i just kinda see it anyway, just not with my eyes
>its a mix of a wendigo, a witch, and Emperor Palpatine
>just a really sinister evil looking lady
>fucking its a "biggie" at this point
>for obvious reasons this "witch" digging into my back and pulling at my spine as it feels like shes sending more if staticy feelimg throughout me like a poison freaks me out
>she bends down slowly, and whispers into my ear
>by this time my heart is beating like a drum and i dont hear a word the bitch says
>then all of a sudden its like i pass back out into sleep
>wake up
>open my eyes and im still on my side, only this time i can move
>turn over and see its 3:30 or something like that
>am really freaked but ultimately i wanna sleep so i just go back to it.

Anybody got any ideas how to make it happen again? I need to hear what she said.

Pic sorta related, thats the best that i Could find to explain what i saw (or more accurately, felt) just imagine it wayyy less cartoony.
>>
File: Shadows1.jpg (54KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
Shadows1.jpg
54KB, 1100x618px
>>18511911
I noticed it more likely to happen when you sleep on your back. Used to have them very often when was a kid. Visual & Auditory ''Hallucination'' are quite frequent during SP , and those entities would scare the shit out of me

My understanding is that we must view ourselves as Mind&Body. In normal circumstances when we wake up both Mind&Body do it at the same time, but during SP the body continues to ''sleep''. It is like a general who gives orders but there is nobody to carry them. In our daily life, the mind gives orders in form of messages and the body carries them as mimics, facial expression, body movement. However, during SP workers are ''sleeping'' and there is nobody to execute your request. You either wait until the body wakes, which is not long afterward, or you can use some of the techniques as breathing.

For the Visual&Auditory ''Hallucinations'' that's another story. Those entities are always around us, in the state of consciousness during SP we can sometimes see, hear or feel them. Some of those entities are just passing by others feeds off our energy wich can lead to extreme tiredness, depression and in the worst case scenarios suicide.The can easily manipulate our thoughts. They are real and the problem is that our current official science does not recognize them, that's why we will never be able to resolve the problem until we recognize the nature of the problem as it is. Their bodies are not made of molecules but from more minuscules particles that's why we can't see them. Some of the scientists are aware of this issue and are doing research in this direction but they don't publicly acknowledge it as not to fall to ridicule.

The state of SP can be reached during meditation and it is the best state for meditation. If you see or hear something scary just remember that they are always around us, maybe they will pay more attention to you if they sense that you can see them. When it happens to me,i just calmly observe.
>>
>>18519081
Try sleeping on your back. My advice: some of those entities just want to take over control of your body wich can lead to physical and mental health problems. Its better that you don't think of them as it equal to calling them out. 99% of the time they have some agenda and if they tell you or ask you to do something just ignore them. It is a serious issue and you shouldn't play around with them just for a mental trill , it can lead to serious consequences. It is not like in the movies where everything is obvious, they will do everything so subtle you will not even realise they are manipulating you.
>>
>>18517595
Had similar experiences.Their power resides in your fear and that's their food. You must cast off fear. I don't wanna sound like a religious fanatic, but if you have a religion call out for those higher powers, they have many names depends on the culture. If not, then just call out for your higher self or visualise a white energy around your body that is protecting you.The key is not to be fearful, if she could do something to you she would have already done it. A strong thought like '' I don't fear you whoever you may be and you can do nothing to me '' works. In reality, they are nothing compared to us.
>>
>>18517351
The entities you see strongly depends on you state of mind. If during your daily life you are truthful and kind you will see entities that correspond to that level. Those low entities will not be able to reach or even see you. The lower is our state of mind the lower the entities we will encounter. When I was a kid, I would see beings that are more cheerful, but as I grew up and started to be competitive, egoistic and arrogant I would start to see beings that are scary. The key is to return to our original true self, wich is unconditional happiness and kindness, that way will not encounter those low-level entities. Our character determines what we will see and who will see us, and it also determines our abilities. A 4 years kid is more able to use them as his mind is still not much polluted and he has more energy due to that.As our mind get polluted and deviates from our true self.our energy decreases .In short, if you want to be as strong as Son Goku be as kind as him :) That's why Vegeta was always behind, that ego of his always prevented him from having that extra point. Think of others first, and if there is a chance that your will use your abilities for selfish reasons, to harm people or to show them off you won't have any. And there is also the problem of cause and effect, you can't use them as you wish and if you can't see the cause you are more likely to do bad things unknowingly.
>>
I hardly remember this now, but basically I woke up in the middle of the night lying on my stomach and I couldn't move. I felt some sort of presence in the room but I couldn't see anything. Then I got really scared and suddenly it felt like whatever was in the room was jabbing its fingers into my ribs really violently and I flipped out trying to move and I had the sensation like I had rolled myself off the bed and hit the floor and thats when it all stopped. Shit was spooky
>>
Only once, but I feel like it might be slightly abnormal as far as sleep paralysis goes

>get a new job lined up
>need to unfuck my sleep schedule from the old job
>self medicate to make it easier
>like how good I sleep so I stick with it
>run out of sleepy meds unexpectedly one night
>oh well I'll just snag some more tomorrow
>struggle to get to sleep and finally pass out around 4
>immediately begin having vivid semi lucid half conscious nightmares about what I would consider to be hell
>know I'm dreaming but I'm completely unable to do anything other than consciously endure the nightmare
>suddenly feel my consciousness snap back as I open my eyes
>immediately realize something is wrong
>try to move but no good
>try to scream myself out of it but no good
>suddenly notice a hulking black mass perched on the end of my bed
>freak for a sec but realize I'm experiencing sleep paralysis or a mild form
>get pissed because I'm fucking exhausted
>wake up and go to work

Legitimately the worst nights sleep I've ever had
>>
I used to get sleep paralysis a lot when I was younger, at the age of 14-15. However, after that, I only experience it about once or twice a month.
I don't usually hallucinate, but I have once, and it was really scary. That some black figure was above me, and it started dragging me to my closet. That freaked me the heck out.
And last week, I had a pretty frightening episode, in which I couldn't move for what felt ages, and I heard people laughing in a menacing way. This was directly after a nightmare as well.

I don't like it. Is there any explanation for why it occurs? The only reasonable one seems to be anxiety, but still doesn't explain the how or why.
>>
>>18513758
I read this in a Russian accent because you can't type. Are you a filthy Russian?
>>
>>18511911
It's happened multiple times to me. I knew what it was when it happened so it wasn't as bad as if I had no idea of what it was. Didn't see anything and was able to use my will to break out of it. Aril unpleasant and scary but it's a world better if you know
>>
>>18518959
gf goals
>>
>>18519081
>its a mix of a wendigo, a witch, and Emperor Palpatine

this was pretty funny
>>
File: It.jpg (5KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
It.jpg
5KB, 300x200px
>>18511911
I've only ever had sleep paralysis in my bedroom at my parent's house. I should mention that these events took place alongside my sessions at therapy as well as a few months after. No, I wasn't on meds at the time either.

>middle of the night
>sense static hissing in my head
>fades in and out rhythmically
>it's a normal occurance for me, no biggie
>static increases in volume
>hold up, this isnt right
>static keeps increasing
>still fading in and out
>getting louder with each passing second
>reaches point where its unbearably loud
>can't move arms or legs
>can't open eyes
>hear something
>sounds vaguely human
>feel my wrists being grabbed and held down
>can feel legs either side my own
>what the fuck is going on
>static still blaring, almost deafening
>hear gutteral breathing a few inches from my face
>why cant i do anything?
>i feel it suddenly leans in
>teeth clamp onto my lips
>it jerks its head back
>i feel muscle and skin detach from my head
>the pain is somewhat numbed but the sensation cant be mistaken
>i hear my own screams as my face is being eaten by this thing
>still completely blind
>only for a few seconds but i was terrified
>sensation suddenly ends, static disipates
>get up out of bed shaking
>ears still ringing
>rush to bathroom to check mirror
>face still intact
>spend night on the sofa

This was the first time I've had this experience. I believe the same entity has come to me in my sleep afterwards. There was one night in the same room where I was held down by it and I could feel it grate its teeth against my face, like it was taunting me. If anyone's interested, I can recall the instance when I saw this thing face to face.
>>
I've had it throughout life. Only once in my current house which we moved to a around half a year ago. Here's the recent one
>2 weeks ago
>Wake up in sp
>Nothing new
>Randomly think of dead grandpa
>Think of how I loved him and shit
>Hear "DIEEEEE"
>Wake up
That was around the anniversary of his death last year.
Old house now
>Be kid, like 12
>eyes open, sp
>first time
>wtf is going on am I dead
>bed starts shaking ,or I do one
>Hear some girl say "Wanna play?"
>Wake up
Seems cheesy. But a couple years after that I remembered her and was telling my friend on the phone about her.
>That night
>Wake up in sp
>Hear the same female voice singing some shit I can't remember
>Nothing happens I just wake up
Coincidence? Thoughts?

Not sure if sp or if I astral projected this time but I woke up and couldn't move, only saw the left side of my parents bed which I was sleeping on because it was more comfy. Everything was blue and white and felt very positive.
That's not all but basically only memorable stuff I can think of.
>>
Eventually you start breaking out in panic, the most off putting part being that you think you're moving but you don't feel like you're moving, instigating a feeling of helplessness. Enough of this and you have to get mad, becoming fearless of the entity. Wanting to see it hurt. Then you start fighting back in your nightmares, they can become very morbid depending on how passively you decide to resist the paralysis. I've never stabbed, shot, or murdered someone in real life, but in my dreams, I've seen such horrifying things perpetrated by my own hands.
>>
>>18513712
Why do people who don't experience it get so butthurt? Night terrors are infomous for latching onto your fears and doing exactly that, terrorizing you. It has always been linked to the supernatural and is still a mystery yet in every thread there's at least one culturally inept faggot who always posts this same shit. We need more advice and less cunty behavior in /x/ when it comes to shit that actually happens vs fucking roleplay that's somehow more acceptable.
>>
>>18512106
I get that too. Everytime I sleep with my neck in a certain position. My whole body feels like it's vibrating and humming, I heard little cute alien voices once which was weird.

I legit thought I had a seizure the first time. Googled it and didn't find anything helpful. what does it mean?
>>
had it a lot. haven't had it for a good few months now.

FIX: sleeping on belly
>>
File: 1484255019640.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484255019640.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
I had it when I was only around 6-7 and it was fairly regular for around 3 months or so.
I would be stuck laying on my back facing the window and there would always be some creature flying inside through the window making all kinds of creepy noises.
Sometimes I would be stuck on my side with little goblins or creatures coming through the door and dancing around me.

I got really used to them as when they were about to start I would always hear this whooshing noise and I just closed my eyes or looked up so I wouldn't see shit. Then the creatures got really close to my face and told me to open my eyes.

I made it go away by praying a lot to God and I haven't had any since. It was just kind of funny when I got used to it I would just go "not this again" when the creatures appear
>>
Heres mine

>waking up, with my face towards the wall
>sleepparalyze.jpg
>hears footsteps, then for a moment silence
>feels that someone sits on my bed
>can hear and feel heaving breathing against my hear
>>
I don't know if this is sleep paralysis. I was laying down on my side facing the wall just thinking about shit when I had this feeling I was being watched. I figured for whatever reason that not moving would keep it calm. The longer I stayed there the more afraid I became until I heard an intense ringing in my ears and could hear my heart pounding. I tried to move my hand slightly toward my face to rub my ear. After I managed to move my hand it all stopped. I still have no clue what the fuck happened.
>>
>>18524858
From the research I did, it seems like a pretty common hallucination for people who experience sleep paralysis. But there doesn't seem to be anything in particular that triggers the vibrations.
>>
>>18519989
I read an article that said that sleep paralysis is common in people who have mental illness or a lot of stress. But also it can affect anyone so who knows
>>
>>18512371
I'd like to stay in my body please
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.