[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, long time lurker here wondering: does anyone practice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 4 han thread.jpg (264KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
4 han thread.jpg
264KB, 1200x798px
Hey /x/, long time lurker here wondering: does anyone practice meso-american (specifically mayan) shamanism anymore? and if so can you tell me anything about their practices/beliefs?

I'm half Salvadorian so this is just an attempt to learn anything about my peoples beliefs (which noone in my family gives a shit about, unfortunately). I guess the theory I had was that maybe I can get in touch with my ancestors and have some peace of mind, if possible, and maybe find a god to pray to like they did.
>>
Anonymous, this is not really my area of expertise, but Im interested in related fields.

The best search terms I can give you are curandera/curandero
Yerbero
Ayahuasquero
and because you mentioned prayer, you might look into the oracionistas

Curanderos are still consulted with to this day in El Salvador, a little research into these practices may start to take you back on the route youre looking for.

Best of luck.
>>
>>18507401
Thanks a ton bro. Every bit of knowledge about the maya is supported by the words "archaeologist believe", and to be honest I get the feeling that noone knows anything.
>>
>>18507425
Welcome to folk magic and culturally based beliefs. You're going to hear "archaeologists believe" or "anthropologists believe" a fucking lot.

Assuming you are not in El Salvador or near an actual curandero, you're going to have to resort to whatever sources you can to learn.

You will find good sources and you'll find bad sources, it's gonna be up to you to determine which is which.

You're asking for information on practices and faiths that were migrating, changing, held by multiple people, and over a considerable distance. Add to that the fact that they have changed over time, many we're probably lost for various reasons and all must, by necessity be viewed through modern eyes. Understandably, these practices are not the easiest thing to engage in or practice.

The one consolation here is that their practices were not heavily studied by, supported by, or even influenced by archaeology or anthropology. There's not a lot of reason that your practices need to be either. They were guided by the spirits and by the ancestors, you can be too.

They're usually more interested in tantric yoga and hinduism these days, but there are a few practitioners of ancestral based religions and magic on /omg/. They mostly practice african diaspora faiths, but theyre not totally unrelated and they might have some advice for you.
>>
The thing about these types of shamanism is that you won't ever find any text or source coming directly from the culture. All you can find is interpretations of interpretations of spoken word stuff, at most. That's why they are so little mentioned in any occult stuff worldwide.

If you want the real deal you will have to to to the people who most closely practice the original stuff today. And protip: it's not in books or online. It's in a jungle way deep inside uncivilized land somewhere in Mexico. Good luck finding about it. Good luck getting there. Good luck making these people teach you their sacred knowledge.

But hey if you actually pull this off you get to write a nice book on mayan mythology.
>>
>>18507384
If you are into astral projecting all the stone temples with hieroglyphs are magically active. You can project to those places like the pyramids and use them as the cosmic channels they once were. Any spiritual activity gets written into the fabric of reality, so you can still access the magic of those places.

One way is try try and channel the language. Start shifting your attention to words that have shamanic significance. Pattern your thoughts into the forms of their hieroglyphs. Pictoral stories have a way of bypassing the conscious mind.

I have yet to attempt a contact, but the ancient Mayan beings are probably still watching over man. Some sorcerers say that you can travel to their realms.
>>
File: 1484002292361s.jpg (7KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484002292361s.jpg
7KB, 187x250px
>>18507384
I'm pretty sure smallpox killed that set of beliefs off pal
>>
>>18508051
Dude the amount of self delusion in this post is frightening
>>
>>18507384
OP if you're still monitoring this, this is >>18507401
>>18507518

I checked through my library and I have a few things you may be interested in, if you drop me a temp email or some way to contact you, Ill get you some good stuff.
>>
quick bump to keep this alive til OP sees it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.