[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Reality* (search the definition yourself) is created by You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

*Reality* (search the definition yourself) is created by Your brain processing data from your senses. All sensation; vision, hearing, tasting, touching, etc is processed mentally by Your *brain*. You need your brain to be aware of your brain. Have you ever seen your own brain in person? Your brain is completely encased within your skull. Nothing from the "outside" world ever directly makes contact with your brain. Your brain is what creates your reality, your thoughts and emotions, and your memories. What is *outside* of You is mentally constructed by your brain. Look at your hand, it's color, texture, it's dimensions, depth. Your *eyes* are sending signals to your brain, where these signals are processed and turned into a 3 dimensional image in perpetual flux. As so with your other 5 (or however many) senses.
Prove me wrong. I fucking dare you https://www.quora.com/If-everything-is-a-construct-of-the-mind-then-what-is-the-mind-constructed-of
>>
Hey i remeber when i took my first philosophy class too bro shit is intense huh
>>
And bump
>>
>>18501983
Unless your mind and mine are linked, the universe still exits outside yours or my mind.
>>
>>18501985
I enjoy beating dead horses.
What's the harm?
>>
>>18501993
The unconscious is analogous to an ocean, our apparently *individual* ego bound minds are symbolic of waveforms
>>
File: tmp_24141-1483675306722189145635.jpg (507KB, 745x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24141-1483675306722189145635.jpg
507KB, 745x1280px
niggershemalebooty
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-11-03-10-45.png (139KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-11-03-10-45.png
139KB, 480x854px
>>
>>18501993
They could be connected. Maybe.

https://earlybirdstreehouse.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/the-crossword-puzzle-phenomenon-by-monica-england/
>>
>>18502689
"Ultimately, Monica England found that her test subjects had a 5% increase in their relative scores after the crossword puzzle was published in London."

Is this even statistically significant? I'm no skeptic and I've read and appreciated Rupert Sheldrake's work on similar, but seeing a figure like 5% with no qualifiers just leaves a big target for skeptics to start jerking themselves off over.

Anyway, OP, what's your point? Is this biology and philosophy 101?
>>
>>18502789
How are materialist so certain of the objectivity of our world given this irrefutable fact of existence? Objectivity and subjectivity become interchangeable terms and lose meaning. Science is a set of arbitrarily created rule sets with no substantial significance; consciousness is the foundation of which these rules can be arranged and rearrange. Consciousness is irrefutablly the ultimate reality. Prove me wrong.
>>
bump
>>
>>18501983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYWZlGsnIDM

what do you make of the Hartley Hooligans?

They don't even have a functioning mind, it is the exact same brain found inside a housefly.
>>
>>18502552
i never thought from that view point. added to the repository
>>
>>18506573
i went back to read your quote.
it make very good sense
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.