[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genuinely /x/, how do you deal with the loneliness and isolation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: rough day.jpg (43KB, 606x830px) Image search: [Google]
rough day.jpg
43KB, 606x830px
Genuinely /x/, how do you deal with the loneliness and isolation that comes with being a magician?

I'm new to this whole thing, and while it's been fascinating and inspiring to learn the arcane secrets of the universe, it also feels like a huge secret that I'm carrying around with me since I feel like I have no one to really talk to about it.

I mean, I still have my normal friends, and I like talking about regular stuff like movies, video games, the trials and tribulations of everyday life, etc. But sometimes I just want to grab someone by the shoulders and say "DUDE! I had a party with goblins in my room last night. I was feeling kinda shitty so I spontaneously decided to invite them over and they brought their drums and smoke pipe with them. How cool is that?!"

But of course, I'm too afraid to be that open with the people in my life, firstly because I'm afraid they'll think I'm crazy, but also because I know most people can't handle the idea that magic is real, so telling them this shit wouldn't be in anyone's best interest.

What do I do guys? Who do I hang out with? How can I open up?
>>
Nah man, you didn't. I mean, why not just confide in the goblins. Find friends were you can. Dick.
>>
>>18501407
uh... iniatory magical orders are a thing.
>>
OP the real problem is this, you're a dog.
>>
My spiritual/Occult workings are for me abd me alone. Look at it that way OP.

I may tell my wife someday (she knows I'm weird. Just now how weird) and I may tell my kids. But that will be it.

Keep it to yourself OP. Only share it if you have something to gain or share.
>>
>>18501443
Thanks man, this actually helps. I hadn't looked at it that way. I'm mostly interested in this stuff just out of sheer interest but also to learn how to live wiser and stuff, so I do want to take it very seriously. I have my archangel who I know is looking out for me, so I can kinda communicate with him, and I also keep journals and writings of my thoughts so I at least have some outlet for everything, but it'd still be nice to have someone else genuinely interested and understanding of it I could talk to, if only to get some greater clarity for my inner thoughts.

I guess I'll just be patient and continue to hang out with the goblins for now.

>>18501430
I probably was a dog in a past life, but then so was likely everyone. Familiars are pretty chill though.
>>
>>18501429
I've thought about that, but honestly I don't feel I'm ready for such a big life shift, and if I do find one I'll want to be sure it's at least something like the sort of group I'm looking for. I hope I'll get there, though.
>>
It really is how the old saying goes, "When the student is ready the master will appear." It isn't lonely because you can still make friends and live a normal life, and when you've come to some level of appreciation of the Arts the master will appear in the form of another human being, who has also been learning the Arts. And besides, the lineage is passed on with you as well. What's stopping you from having a student?
>>
Ok, so long as I'm communicating with you guys, I guess I'll ask a few other questions.

Firstly, what sort of stuff should I acquire to get my practice going? So far I've mostly been making do with basic incense and candles, and I have a couple of shrines in my room, but other than that I'm just winging it? Also, what sort of material should I be looking into at this early stage? I have so far only a few books on simple mysticism and the like, and I'm not looking for anything much more serious than that, but I'd like some extra stuff than what I already have.

Secondly, how do you deal with the paranoia of living under archons? I've deliberately made myself as unassuming as possible so I believe I'm not on anyone's radar, but the uncertainty and pervasive nature of this world makes it hard to feel at ease most of the time.

>>18501483
That's a good point. Honestly, the best answer I could give you is because I'm still incredibly new at this myself, so I feel completely unconfident in my ability to impart knowledge. Still, you've given me food for thought, and maybe in enough time I'll find an apprentice to take on myself.
>>
>>18501516
If you're looking for a friendly exchange, I'm quite interested in the whole business of getting to know my archangel and could use an enthusiastic guide such as yourself.
>>
magic isn't real and you should go to a doctor if you genuinely believe and see 'magic' shit
>>
>>18501407
Where do you learn your magic OP? Im trying to get in on this shit.
>>
>>18501653
Well, the only reason I know about mine is because he literally visited me one day during a moment of helplessness. I did talk to one guy online however, who said that a good way to speak with your guardian angel, even if you're unsure of who it may be, is to simply open a word document and start asking questions to yourself and answering them. It didn't make sense to me at first, but I tried it a few times and I came to see that the answers were coming from something "above" myself.

>>18501676
I might be entirely crazy, I accept that, but so far it's the only thing that has helped me make sense of this world.

>>18501691
I never actually tried to "get into" it, it just sort of happened. Now I'm not sure what sort of things could help you, but honestly all I did was read constantly on wikipedia, random websites, etc. about religion, spirituality, mythology, etc. Even reading about fiction universes like the Elder Scrolls and Star Wars helped me a lot. Just read things that draw your attention, be open to information from any source, and you may start to piece things together.
>>
>>18501407
I have that huge problem also OP!!!!!

I kills me sometimes inside! Aarrrrrgggg!!

I don't do fake magics like you though. I do other supernatural explicable things.

I can't even tell people my real opinions because they are considered far right extreme. Whenever someone tells the truth in a extreme way, it either sounds crazy or satire, so what is the point of telling any the truth of what I believe? It is like trying to explain why you voted Republican to a bunch of lesbian dyke transexual Democrats, they will hate and judge you even though they are the evil and wrong ones.

So now I can only find content in myself and what I can do. I have to keep on living in secret like a career criminal. I almost spilled my beans to relatives, even knowing they would hate and judge me, so I keep my mouth shut, nod and smile and pretend to not be what I really am.
>>
>>18501407
>learn the arcane secrets of the universe
this really does make a good schizo containment board
>>
fuck you op you arent a wizard
>>
>>18501892
I approve this post
>>
>>18501892
no he is a sorcerer, a wizard is someone who got taught by a magician. Sorcerers find it out on their own.

a magician is just someone who is studying magic, by the way. Akin to how a kid playing with a chemistry set, is really just being an alchemist. Not a scientist. A scientist is someone who got taught by a professor.
>>
>>18501841
Hey, tell me more. You strike me as real.
>>
How would I go about discovering my guardian's name?
>>
>>18501991
apparently they are like a waiter on their way with food, and you only really know once they put your plate on the table. They always apologize for taking so long.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>18501407
>I'm too afraid to be that open with the people in my life, firstly because I'm afraid they'll think I'm crazy, but also because I know most people can't handle the idea that magic is real, so telling them this shit wouldn't be in anyone's best interest.
You're correct in your thinking here. You can't just expose someone to the truth full blast. It's like Morpheus says: "You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged."

The best you can do is leave bread crumbs. Little hints that you know 'something more.' If someone starts following the trail you can begin to show them what you've learned.
>>
>>18502014
Just don't be a condescending piece of shit or you will push everyone away. Simple.
>>
>>18502014
Beautiful, I am starting to find interest from a few lovely people who are curious and almost ready to unplug. Brings joy to my heart being able to feel them believing in themselves.
>>
>>18501407
>The clock strikes twelve, a cool wind blows
>I've got no fear, cause we're not alone
>>
Honestly, I've been taking it a step at a time.
The last few months I've been leaving a trail of supported assertions and slowly letting it build in the mystic direction. I've gotten much further in my studies but even being able to make the assertion that spiritual entities might just possibly exist to other people without worrying they'll think you crazy is a real load off the shoulders.
>>
>>18502108
Thanks man, I'll take this on board. My family already knows I'm quite spiritual, so the idea that I've actually started pursing it further might not be so crazy to them after all, if I ease them into it.
>>
I think you are a fucking retard and you don't actually have fri nds like you said or a real life I think you are just genuinely s completely lost with a ru ing failure of w life th lonelin reds youngerl Dillon never ever dissipate b cause you. Are truly snd unirmically unlovable you fu kingidiot igc. I s, casting a friend sp lol on you regardless just in case the post is true of you make fri me in real life I am a soceress acfcreditted and s my Izard real life accredited wit h etcetera etcetera o, going to help you get a job and s life I am a mama,a I love to. I loveto, I I love tom
>>
>>18502187
retart
>>
>>18502187
(heart emoji)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.