[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about older gods and myths ? did they actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: hercules.jpg (173KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
hercules.jpg
173KB, 1280x904px
what do you think about older gods and myths ? did they actually exist, where they just men who used powerful magic, or where they aliums ? hercules for example is a know legend across the entire roman empire, at maybe he was real. did these gods demigods and men achieve their power through sheer force of will ? tell me more about his
>>
>>18499433

They were allegorical.
>>
File: mjolnir.jpg (22KB, 236x371px) Image search: [Google]
mjolnir.jpg
22KB, 236x371px
>>18499433
>dubs
maybe i'm not far off
anyway i was thinking about this and i had the realization that maybe the aliens theory should be correct. looking at norse myths, mainly thor i think aliens can explain the situation quite well.
>it's said that his "hammer" had the power to destroy mountains
at the time it was a big deal as it was impossible for people to do that, but today we can use powerful missiles for that.
>it's said that his hammer never missed it's target, could travel long distances and always returned to him.
why would anyone use a hammer as a throwing weapon. i get that people thought he was a god and shit but he probably just had a vast arsenal of missiles that seemed endless so "mortals" just assumed that he was throwing a hammer over and over again and that it alwasy returned to him since they could compare rockets and missiles to any other object they knew of, so they compared it to a short hammer. a hammer with a pointy nose much like a missile mind ( see pic related )
>when he traveled on his chariot in the skies you could hear thunder, and when he threw his hammer it produced thunder and ligthing
again it could be answered by thinking of it as advanced technology. the chariot in the sky being a noise airship that broke the sound barrier of just had a loud fucking engine, and his hammer producing lingthing and thunder would just be a missile exploding being loud and producing a shit ton of light and heat, appearing to "mortals" and a force of nature

the same could be said about zeus in greek mythology. and many other gods
>>
They existed, they were nephilim
>>
File: big goy.jpg (26KB, 249x386px) Image search: [Google]
big goy.jpg
26KB, 249x386px
>>18499477
oh yeah i totally forgot. all mythologies including our currently most popular judaic desert story, christianity mentions giants. these were nephilim i think, or whatever they were called, giants existed in all mythologies. dunno about the gods tho, they were supposedly human sized or at most big guys

what happened to them and the nephilim ?
>>
>>18499471
there is no such thing as aliens.
>>
>>18499523

I don't know what the hell you're talking about; I know a couple of aliens named Rudolfo and another they call Chuy who cut the grass and do other types of lawn services around here.
>>
God, I hate these fucking threads. Yes gods are aliens. They're not of this world. The norse gods for example were from asgard. So yes, you fucking idiots, by definition, they're aliens. This isn't news, this isn't some big discovery, retards. It's just when you dumbasses think of aliens you think of little greeb men with starblasters.
>>
>>18500479
i don't think of aliens as little green men. just that the myths may have been somewhat missinterpreted. ok asgardians were just aliens but all that mystical shit could be real, could be just legend or just really advanced technology.

stop being an angry retard and try to read the posts
>>
>>18501361
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>18501373
fuck off you angry grey manlet
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.