[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one become a witch? In the sense you can read energies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1428.jpg (438KB, 1307x2047px)
IMG_1428.jpg
438KB, 1307x2047px
How does one become a witch? In the sense you can read energies and be one with nature, not some voodoo black magic evil shit. Books or websites to read up on are appreciated since I'm not sure what's serious and what are clickbait

Pic related somewhat it's my cat
>>
File: slightly black.png (575KB, 620x823px) Image search: [Google]
slightly black.png
575KB, 620x823px
>>18496436
You need to forgo your identity and make yourself like a basin.
>>
a real witch can do magics.
>>
>>18496436

Sorry, you have to be born one.
>>
>>18496436
What are your religious views?
>>
You can start by looking into Wicca
>>
>>18496675
Eh, it could work. But I'd reccomend shamanism for the OP
>>
I read some articles about witches online and the next day, I saw a black cat with two heads and two bodies.

I was terrified but fortunately the cat ran away in two different directions. I have no idea how it did that. It was spooky.
>>
>>18496436
Here's a good beginner's book. Avoid hermetics. It's nothing but lies and jewish gibberish.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjKt4rcyq7RAhXGKCYKHau1BBUQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.devserenity.com%2Fbooks%2FEarth%2C%2520Air%2C%2520Fire%2520%26%2520Water.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEh9t5EbBl-jzEa_uwBN5yJweV_9g&sig2=N5OtSdHeMz_qXainCwH6CQ

He'll mention his previous book "Earth Power" in the book but ignore that. Earth Power is like a lesser version of EAFW.
>>
>>18496436

First, you have to give me your cat.
>>
>>18496692

Recommend more, anon.
>>
>>18496727
Can't think of any other good beginner's guides. Most grimoires, unfortunately, are complete and total garbage, or at best have one or two good ideas. As said before, anything hermetics is useless garbage.
>>
>>18496696
Take her, she's a pain in the ass

>>18496664
I don't really have one, I believe there is some kind of force out there, but not quite sure what it is. Just the universe using its power to make shit happen is my belief

>>18496680
What is the difference? I don't want to make curses or do anything evil, i really would like to better myself and learn more about witchcraft and nature itself if that makes any sense
>>
>>18496816
This one. The "power of the universe" is the entire focus of this system; it can be used in a totally non-religious way. Just be warned: the author has a great system but is kind of an arrogant asshole.
>>
>>18496448
Fucking love Schierke
>>
>>18496436
OP learn to appreciate the things you already have in your life and stop taking advantage of them, you know what Im talking about.

If you're serious about learning magical practice you have a lot of internal work to do first, you're harboring a lot of entitlement and anger.

Go over to /omg/ and ask the wizards, and for fucks sake stop using the word "voodoo" for "magical shit I dont like or believe in" like you're a redneck. Voodoo is a religio-magical practice and if you could avoid offending people you might learn something from it, or other practices.
>>
>>18496816
>What is the difference?
Probably wants you to do a bunch of drugs, then claim to be enlightened.
>>
>>18497645
Shamanism does not DEMAND the use of entheogenic compounds, certain shamanic practices use them, but the modern "shaman" concept is so watered down from actual cultural shamans that it's not even remotely the same.
>>
File: EyesOnTheInside.jpg (152KB, 511x800px) Image search: [Google]
EyesOnTheInside.jpg
152KB, 511x800px
>>18496436
Line your brain with eyes
>>
>>18498430
bahaha that was a good image result...
>>
>>18497720
>Shamanism does not DEMAND the use of entheogenic compounds
Sure it doesn't, it just ALWAYS happens to have them lying around. Shamanism lmao is just another way to get the kids hooked on the pot needles.
>>
>>18496436
Dawwww lil kitten cat baby!
>>
File: IMG_0178.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0178.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>18496436
Your cat looks like a cardboard cutout. Also, I've been practicing witchcraft and identifying as a witch for a few years. Lemme lay some shit out for you:

You don't have to identify with any religious affiliation to be a witch. I don't worship any gods in my craft. A lot of the work I do is "spirit/energy" work. So, if someone is like "hurr durr you gotta be a wiccan!!!!" they're wrong. Plus, Wicca comes with too many rules. Fuck that.

There isn't some super secret, life-altering process of becoming a witch. You sorta just...start to identify as one. Some people might try to nag you and guilt you for "not doing enough/not doing shit right," and trust me when I tell you that they're wrong. Witchcraft is a very personal practice. If it's working for you, it's working.

Meditation helps. You want to be able to "read energies" and "be one with nature?" Then meditate. It's good to meditate a lot when you're just starting out. This way, you'll be able to focus in on your own energy, which you should use as a baseline for reading other energies. If you have trouble meditating, it's totally cool to use guided meditations tools. I use these tools still, because it's so hard for me to clear my head.

Having an alter is amazing. This will be your sacred space. Decorate it how you choose. I have dragon figurines all over mine. Other superficial shit that sets the mood are incense, candles, and gem stones. I can write a lot about all of this shit, but I suggest you do your own research. Honestly, the witches on Tumblr are really helpful. There are so many blogs there fucking dedicated to helping new witches.

I hope this helped a little! Pic sorta related, it's an owl I work with.
>>
>>18498932
Damn, that pic flipped. Oh well.
>>
>>18497645
Nope. As a matter of fact, I do deep trance meditations so I can sense the spirits.
>>18498714
Kek! See above. The only shamanic drug tradition I adhere to is the burning of tobbacco. And I sometimes get really pissface drunk, when my mind screams at me that I can't do something (I use the booze to lower my inhibitions)
>>
>>18497068
I don't understand how you got that I'm angry and entitled from my post, I'm not angry at all and I don't know what I feel entitled to. I do apologize if I said the wrong thing or worded things wrong though, I never meant to offend anyone! I've just been dealing with anxiety my whole life, and I would like to learn more about it, and maybe it can help me somehow better cope and deal with it, maybe it'll make it worse and I'm just an idiot but you never know.

>>18498932
Thank you for your advice, I appreciate the detail! Although I wish my cat was cardboard, it wouldn't prevent her from knocking my drinks over constantly. I was sceptical about believeing anything from tumblr about anything but I guess I'll go lurk and see what I can find. As for meditation, what tools do you use?
>>
>>18496854
Thanks, I'll give it a read!
>>
Be an orphan and wait for a half-giant to bash your door down.
>>
>>18499052
>I was sceptical about believeing anything from tumblr about anything
Your suspicions are correct. There are other venues where you could read up on witchcraft. Check out Ape's library first. It's here in /omg/, find it in the catalog. What else? occult-forum.org is a chill place, as well, but I don't think it's very noob friendly. There's also reddit, which is a bit better than tumblr.
I only check tumblr for info on artistic gymnastics, because /sp/ doesn't cater much to it, unless it's the olympics
>>
>>18499156
I'm more of a lurker anyways, but I'll be sure to check those out as well. I appreciate the help!
>>
Become a magical girl and give into despair.
>>
>>18499192
If only that was possible, anon.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.