[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we suffer? what is the point of agony, confusion, unfulfilled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (122KB, 694x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 694x461px
Why do we suffer? what is the point of agony, confusion, unfulfilled desire, pain, decay? Why does the perfect, limitless, and infinite bliss seek to express itself in terms of suffering?
>>
>>18496252
>It needs to be fed if it exists.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge
>>
>>18496252
Why? Because it was boring. Isn't it much more fun?
>>
>>18496252
Because of the Jews.
>>
suffering creates the impetus for change. It calls forth and demands upon ones will which is divine.

if all was carefree bliss your time on earth would be meaningless.

A life of hedonism and wasted time has brought me closer to understanding why pain exists.
>>
>>18496289
meaningless is a shit word for what I mean.

valueless maybe?

maybe I'm full of shit
>>
without horror, there is no beauty. the perfection of the universe is not exclusive to 'good' moral attitudes. purity includes corruption and innocence. order and disorder are tricks played on the nervous system. we suffer to necessitate its polarity.
>>
>>18496312
>without horror, there is no beauty.
what is heaven?
>>
File: thH02Q86PM.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
thH02Q86PM.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>18496338
Hohoho...
A wiseguy eh...

Yeah I admit... You are right. Heaven is a place where there is no on or off...just on...however if this were hell it would always be off...welcome to our universe. We have a lot of shit to do here.

10101100111000 :3
>>
Checkmate Muslims XD
>>
>>18496252
If you walk without rhythm, You won't attract the worm.

If you walk without rhythm... You'll never learn.

If you walk without rhythm, The end won't near.

If you walk without rhythm... You'll never know fear.

If you walk without rhythm, You'll be purged.

If you walk without rhythm... Never will you know the demiurge.
>>
>>18496338
a world built in the mentality of an individual to perpetually satisfy all senses and emotions. heaven works in tandem with hell, strengthening itself with knowledge of evil and distinguishing from it.
>>
File: drugs.jpg (24KB, 236x395px) Image search: [Google]
drugs.jpg
24KB, 236x395px
>>18496252
I think suffering and living are inseparable occurrences.
I ALSO suspect that people are meant to grow into something by way of suffering,
but what, i couldn't/can't say.
>>
because we are conscious, and consciousness is that which we build upon perception. whenever we perceive, our consciousness grows, or is rebuilt, and depending upon our reaction we feel pain or bliss.

but for the rest of your questions
the point of agony, and of pain, is to be aware of external actions that cause us harm or discomfort, when we feel them it is our duty to correct that universe, for we are a part of it, and it unforgivable to allow that which causes pain or agony to continue when you have the ability to stop it.

the point of confusion is to be aware of errors in knowledge, ability, or logic, to be aware that there is more to be known or think about in different ways.

the point of unfulfilled desire is to fulfill it, durr.

and of course, most important of all, the point of decay is to create alcohol.

>>18496266
>implying
we feed that by creating fairies and programming them into doing pic related
>>
>>18496289
>A life of hedonism and wasted time has brought me closer to understanding why pain exists.

this sounds like if you do everything "right" then you won't suffer
>>
>>18496573
to me he meant something more like, the more you try to experience only happiness the shallower the happiness becomes. Or that furiously masturbating makes your penis limp after some time, things like that.
>>
>>18496288
>Because of the Jews.
fact. Jews actually caused most of the worlds problems, all through history. They are pure evil. Rothchilds have gotten away scott-free.
>>
>>18496648
you have a shallow comprehension of history and human nature. you cannot pin every problem on such a general group. hostile tribalism among any group is a primary source of suffering. Jews are not excluded from this behavior, but they are certainly not the only perpetrators. Bigotry stalls prosperity
>>
>>18496732
Still the primary perpetrators.
>>
>>18496252
people suffer because resources are limited.

>>18496289
>suffering creates the impetus for change. It calls forth and demands upon ones will which is divine.
if god can do anything, and god is good, where does evil come from?

>if all was carefree bliss your time on earth would be meaningless.
implies that heaven is meaningless good job

>>18496312
>without horror, there is no beauty.
if god can do anything he can presumably make people percieve beauty as if it were always a brand new experience, the real reason we experience beauty on a sliding scale is because of relative deprivation.

>>18496648
I have a feeling this post was intentionally designed to be able to shift goal posts when people come up with a basic retort. Either way, murder, stealing, disease, famine, etc all existed long before the bronze age.
>>
We all create our own personal realities and most people create their realities with suffering because they are not concsious of how they create their reality. If we begin percieving more concsiously we can actually transmute that wich we percieve to be negative.

It also has to do a lot with human collective concsiousness and it's current state. It is still disfunctional and therefore there are many human beings that are a manifestation of that disfunctionality.

The point is that wich we give it. Although the greater meaning behind this seeming duality of positive and negative that we live in is that we amplify all existence by overcoming that wich is negative by the energy/information created during overcoming it.

The idea however that this duality expands upon all existence is one of a biased mind that cannot look beyond that wich he knows.

When all in existence is concsiously creating there can be no fear, nor is there any suffering.

Suffering is only existence within these microcosms of certain settings souls go into. When looked at from an outside perspective however, while not being in the setting onself one will realize that all of this suffering is self or co created by those in that particular setting.
>>
because bliss is fake and so is pain

none of these feelings are real.
how do i know? because you feel much better when you feel good after you felt pain, its just a reward system.
>>
>>18496252

Capitalism
>>
File: maslow-pyramid.jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid.jpg
26KB, 502x369px
>>18497173
>We all create our own personal realities
human perception of reality is subjective but it's a bit extreme to say that we entirely conjure it from nothing.

>most people create their realities with suffering
this is because the actual outside world is a cold and harsh place that isn't entirely suited to provide maximal happiness to human beings.

>When all in existence is concsiously creating there can be no fear, nor is there any suffering.
this isn't a complete sentence

>Suffering is only existence within these microcosms of certain settings souls go into.
souls don't exist

>When looked at from an outside perspective however, while not being in the setting onself one will realize that all of this suffering is self or co created by those in that particular setting.
people exist in an environment not suited to happiness, our internal rewards system dispenses pleasure based on pic related. barring mental illness, if you have all of the things on the pyramid, you're happy.
>>
>>18496252
In terms of personal suffering?
>Without suffering there would be no joy. There are always ups and downs.
>A lot of suffering is self-inflicted too through cause and effect.
>Suffering also purifies. By going through personal hell, you are purified of your wrongdoings, karmic residues and the accumulated inner darkness. Facing inner darkness and transmuting it into positive aspects isn't pleasent.
>Suffering can also strengthen and it teaches. If everything would be smooth, you would not be able to handle any stress.

If you speak about suffering in general, such as world hunger, illness etc - well, we made our own bed, now we lie in it. This world is fucked, because we fucked it, and the Gods respect free will. Nevertheless, there is a plan to fix things and restore it, and its gonna hapen soon
>>
>>18497213
>If you speak about suffering in general, such as world hunger, illness etc - well, we made our own bed, now we lie in it.
seems pretty obvious that african newborns didn't create the aids virus or burn their own crops down, but that's just me.

>This world is fucked, because we fucked it
the planet isn't shit because of human beings, the earth is just innately not a good platform for living beings to attain happiness. The earth isn't here to provide for us, most of nature is out to kill us in whatever way it can.

>the Gods respect free will. Nevertheless, there is a plan to fix things and restore it, and its gonna happen soon
god/gods don't exist
>>
>>18497207
That's exactly my point. That human perception is subjective.

You basically always create your reality by percieving. You percieve your own personal reality and by projecting things onto other people, objects, ideas, collectives, etc you influence the collective concsiousness.

You can even change the nature of one thing. If you look at something that is regarded as negative and find some way to believe that it is actually positive you can transmute that negativity into positivity.

I would call that the "quantum factor" one thing can be different to many people but each personal reality is still true within their own boundaries.

But one that goes to a place and sees hopelessness and fear, misery will have no effect on the one that recognizes that negativity but is able to transmute it by himself. So basically the darkness cannot influence the light because one light can illuminiate an entire room.
The outside world is how you percieve it to be, if you begin becoming more aware of your own concsiousness you can work on what you believe and all of that and can by that change how your own personal reality is like, wich will cause a reaction from all other parts and that will cause the collective to shift. It may be slow in the long run but it is going on.

Also, humanity has spent so so many centuries in the same kind of concsiousness. A survival concsiousness. One that is too concerned with material and spiritual survival to begin really creating "concsiously. As long as you are in that state of concsiousness the world will seem that way for you. You only really need to control your own being to live happily.
>>
>>18497236
>You can even change the nature of one thing. If you look at something that is regarded as negative and find some way to believe that it is actually positive you can transmute that negativity into positivity.
you're right, if I look at the bright side of nuclear warfare, suddenly everything becomes great!
See how dumb this is? Just because you pretend everything is going to turn out great, doesn't mean it will.
>>
>Barring mental illness, if you have all of the things on the pyramid, you're happy.

This is shockingly ignorant.
>>
>>18497236
Does it matter if it is a complete sentence or not? I think my message got across anyways and that's the point.

Soul is just a word I used because in this context it seemed to be the one that most people would understand. If you think that the fact that you are able to percieve a reality by having a concsiousness is absolutely meaningless then go ahead. There is actually proof that concsiousness has physical atributes however, just look at quantum physics. When observerved an experiment can go differently then when it is not. A particle can behave like one particle or a wave to be precise.
And you base that on? Some concept that makes sense within it's own boundaries of reasoning? There can be ininfinite perspectives that all make sense within their own boundaries.

We create this enviroment as humans. Nature itself seems to be self balancing actually and there is this concept of intellegent desing, wich you will probably disregard completly due to your bias. Why shouldn't humans be a part of this self balancing system as well?

But you probably believe that we simply exist randomly in a relentless and unforgiving universe that is vehemently neutral in all ways and uncaring of us completly and that all life is simply living to survive.

I suppose you get pleasure out of that because it's nice to have it all figured out. I suppose you are also sort of glorifying this idea that you see the "true nature of reality" and that you can deal with this hard truth.

It's your choice really what you want to believe. But if you have already made up your mind that I'm not a respectable source of information from what you've learned then I can't really do much.
>>
File: 63129164.jpg (62KB, 431x582px) Image search: [Google]
63129164.jpg
62KB, 431x582px
>>18497254
>>
>>18497244
It's kind of comical how you come with that example.

It really shows how your concsiousness works. Your life is based on fear and spiritual as well as material survival.
Even if there was to be a nuclear warfare that would wipe us all out, what would it help to cry out in drama hysterically?

Every time has it's problem and it will always be that way. However humanity has not yet learned that and grown enough to deal with the problems that are there in c calm and well sort of "objective" manner.

Also. It's not about pretending. But consider this. If you live in fear of negative experiences your life will become a negative experience. You see?

If you however learn to deal with how things turn out no matter how they turn out your life can become a more positiv experience. Not only that but you could also learn to find a perspective and mindset that emphasized that wich is positive, or even create it by projecting positive things onto your enviroment. Of course that is hard, or even impossible if you don't feel much positivity.
>>
>>18497270
This may not have been a well formulated argument but his message still remains there untouched by you.

I think he was refering to how simplistic the idea is that all of the human struggle for happines can just be summed up by maslow's hierarchy of needs. It may be a well presented concept but to think that it sums up the entire thing seems to be quite foolish.

But of course instead of reffering to what he meant you simply disregard what that by arguing that he didn't formulate it the way you learned it to be right.
>>
>>18497265
>Does it matter if it is a complete sentence or not? I think my message got across anyways and that's the point.
what you posted was a jumble of sophistry veiling a really simple statement. Yes, if you just deploy wishful thinking at every step of your life, denying every bad thing that happens to you, you'll probably be really happy. This is an extremely deluded and sad way of facing reality.

>We create this environment as humans. Nature itself seems to be self balancing actually and there is this concept of intelligent design, which you will probably disregard completely due to your bias.
'prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.'
my skepticism towards the idea that our universe was created by magic isn't unfair in the slightest, if you want to convince people that a sentient being of infinite power created the universe, you have to show some physical evidence of this.

>But you probably believe that we simply exist randomly in a relentless and unforgiving universe that is vehemently neutral in all ways and uncaring of us completely and that all life is simply living to survive.
This is exactly how the universe is.

>I suppose you get pleasure out of that because it's nice to have it all figured out. I suppose you are also sort of glorifying this idea that you see the "true nature of reality" and that you can deal with this hard truth.
Yeah, it is nice to know that I don't delude myself to feel better, it makes me feel like I'm not a child desperately trying to grasp for comforting truths. I accept the way things are, and I like it that way.

>It's your choice really what you want to believe. But if you have already made up your mind that I'm not a respectable source of information from what you've learned then I can't really do much.
It's my choice what to believe, and I believe in what can be stated factually.
>>
>>18497314
>I think he was refering to how simplistic the idea is that all of the human struggle for happines can just be summed up by maslow's hierarchy of needs.
If it wasn't romantic enough for you, sorry. These are the needs of human beings, when you fulfill those needs, you feel happy.

It's simple but that's the way these things are, the 'struggle for human happiness' is just clawing for things that aide in making more copies of your genes.
>>
>>18497236
>You basically always create your reality by percieving. You percieve your own personal reality and by projecting things onto other people, objects, ideas, collectives, etc you influence the collective consciousness.
It might not be the exact wording or what not, but this is what I believe to be one of, if not, the main secret of the world that has been lost in history. My hypothesize has been that the intention of religion and any large following has been to focus and concentrate such force. There are of course a my thoughts so take it with a grain of salt as anything should be taken on the internet.
>>
>>18497234
>seems pretty obvious that african newborns didn't create the aids virus or burn their own crops down, but that's just me.
Humans did. Over a long time. Everyone who decides to incarnate here does so because he chose to.

>The earth isn't here to provide for us, most of nature is out to kill us in whatever way it can.
Would you allow a harmful parasite to rest on your body? If no, then why wouldn't the earth try to remove the parasite that the human race has become? The earth can't take our shit anymore, so it starts to remove the parasite.

>the earth is just innately not a good platform for living beings to attain happiness
Nothing external can give you happiness. Happiness is your natural state f being which comes from the inside, not the outside.

>god/gods don't exist
You are wrong.
>>
>>18497350
>Humans did. Over a long time. Everyone who decides to incarnate here does so because he chose to.
baseless assertion of the supernatural

>Would you allow a harmful parasite to rest on your body? If no, then why wouldn't the earth try to remove the parasite that the human race has become? The earth can't take our shit anymore, so it starts to remove the parasite.
parasites, viruses, etc existed long before the human race did

>Nothing external can give you happiness. Happiness is your natural state f being which comes from the inside, not the outside.
Pretty sure food, water, shelter, social interactions, fulfilling myself through art, music, and other creative experiences give me plenty of happiness.

>You are wrong.
The statement 'god exists' is a positive claim, positive claims require positive evidence. This is called shifting the burden of proof and it is a logical fallacy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative
>>
>>18497321
It's really more than a jumble of sophistry veiling a really simple statement as you named it.
Your idea of what I have meant is actually not my what I was trying to convey but you base your argument on your the idea that you got from your subjective impression from reading my statement.

You also make a lot of assumptions about me that are just derived from your subjective impression. I would lie if I were to say I didn't do it here >>18497293 but well, I used it to reflect your thinking back to you. I suppose you're trying to do the same, however I cannot say that I feel like you really reflect what I am but rather your subjective impression of what I am. I suppose that stems because you put me in a collective of people that believe things that you learned are foolish. Your idea of me might not really be what I truly am. My idea of you isn't probably what you really are either but I feel that is closer to the truth then your idea of myself.

I think you may very well be aware that the definition of one word can change with it's context.
I never said that it was created by magic. Neither do I deny science. I simply think that our current understanding of physics is quite limited and that the current paradigm of thinking doesn't realize that reality itself is a tangible thing with atributes and systems.

Again. I was trying to reflect your thinking to yourself. The fact that I was able to formulate your own thinking so well should perhaps make you think that I may be more aware than it might seem. Perhaps even more self aware then you might think.

So there is one true way to view the world? Isn't how we feel about the world mostly subjective?Two people can go to the same event and one might say it was horrible and the other one will say it was fascinating. Wich one is right?
Both are right in some way, but one perspective will remain even if it saw the other one.
>>
>>18497138
>I have a feeling this post was intentionally designed to be able to shift goal posts when people come up with a basic retort. Either way, murder, stealing, disease, famine, etc all existed long before the bronze age.
Sorry beavis, you didn't understand, that sort of thing has always existed, but it wasn't until the Jews that all of mankind is now slaves to the Jews. The Torah teaches that Jews are the true owners of earth, the only children of God, and that all nonJews are Gentiles, slaves of the Jews. They have been acting under this belief to this very day. Did you even know that USA Hollywood has been monopolized illegally by Jews? They are soo sneaky about it. They get plastic surgery and change their names, but behind every evil, it is the Jew.
>>
>>18497138
>murder, stealing, disease, famine, etc all existed long before the bronze age
JUST like the jews!
>>
>>18497321
And lastly. Yeah it is your choice.

But I think you forget the factor of the unexpected. The concepts and ideas of the past have mostly proven to be wrong. Why are you so sure that the intellectualism of today will always be the status quo as it is now?

I mostly think you consider yourself an "intellectual" to cope with the world better. Having the impression of being able to understand the world and see it in the "true way" is a comforting one. Not only that but todays intellectualism also comes with all these connotiations of being sophisticated and being knowlegdeable about the world.

However I don't think it really matters much if you're just a hobby intellectual that just uses his knowlegde to diminish others and act as some sort of authority in front of those that you deem unknowlegdeable.
Also the whole idea of intellegence is such a linear one, totally unaware that a efficient concsiousness can be anything to anyone.
>>
>>18497337
Well I believe there are infinite ways to word it.

In the end it really doesn't matter how I formulate it. Words are only really a tool to help someone else find that inside wich you are talking about. I hope you get me.
>>
>>18496252
"suffer"

There's your problem. Better question is, why do you suffer?
>>
>>18497373
>The Torah teaches that Jews are the true owners of earth, the only children of God, and that all nonJews are Gentiles, slaves of the Jews.
Ok, do I seriously need to start naming bible passages that are flagrantly immoral? This is the epitome of confirmation bias.

>Did you even know that USA Hollywood has been monopolized illegally by Jews?
do you even know what a monopoly is? An ethnicity cannot monopolize something you fucking rube

>>18497372
I'm tired of reading through your pseudo english so I'm going to write out what I THINK you mean

>Your idea of what I have meant is actually not my what I was trying to convey but you base your argument on your the idea that you got from your subjective impression from reading my statement.
TL: You don't understand what I mean.

>You also make a lot of assumptions about me that are just derived from your subjective impression.
Beating around the bush, next sentence

>I would lie if I were to say I didn't do it here >>18497293 but well, I used it to reflect your thinking back to you.
ok still waiting to get to the point

>I suppose you're trying to do the same, however I cannot say that I feel like you really reflect what I am but rather your subjective impression of what I am.
still beating around the bush

>I suppose that stems because you put me in a collective of people that believe things that you learned are foolish.
Still waiting to get to the point

>Your idea of me might not really be what I truly am.
still waiting to get to the point..

>My idea of you isn't probably what you really are either but I feel that is closer to the truth then your idea of myself.
ok, still waiting to get to the point

>I think you may very well be aware that the definition of one word can change with it's context.
yes

>Neither do I deny science.
intelligent design is not scientific in any way, shape or form.

you typed out like 2,000 characters to say you don't deny science and that I don't understand your point.
>>
>>18497379
judaism originated in the bronze age

>>18497391
>But I think you forget the factor of the unexpected. The concepts and ideas of the past have mostly proven to be wrong. Why are you so sure that the intellectualism of today will always be the status quo as it is now?
Scientists produce results, tangible results. God, the supernatural, and wishful thinking have done nothing of value for humanity.
>>
>>18497367
>parasites, viruses, etc existed long before the human race did
The statement you responded to was unambigous, lets not pretend.

> food, water, shelter, social interactions,
Those are basic needs, not sources of happiness. The dopamine rush you get after eating a greasy burger, is the temporal "high" from the reward system. A tasty meal with friends is a joyful experience, but not source of actual long lasting happiness.

>fulfilling myself through art, music, and other creative experiences
This is internal happiness. Means, you do not rely on anything or anyone external to be happy, but find joy within yourself.

>The statement 'god exists' is a positive claim, positive claims require positive evidence.
Its the job of each individual to explore that question for themselfes.
>>
>>18497437
Judaism originated at the dawn of time.
>>
>>18497415

>pseudo english
Heh, thanks. I take that as a compliment since I feel that this implies that I have a very unique way of explaining things.

Your messages about how I'm beating around the bush are actually completly meaningless compared to what I've said. There are some people that see philosophy as just "beating around the bush" does it make it that? I'm actually sure that you can understand my point, you simply chose not to do it because the implications are too much for you.

So you base your argument simply on the fact that I have mentioned intellegent desing on a side note? I know that it is not very scientific in the eyes of mainsstream science but the base idea that the universe is not just created randomly imay be more than just a simple impression that you get when looking at it.

I understand that science has to be objetive and we don't have the means to find empirical proof of these things but just because the mechanisms of science limit us from proving it does not mean that it is not actually be true.

If you were to seek for it you would find proof for these things yourself. It might take some time and even work but it is definietely possible. I know that anectedotal proof is not scientific either but it can be proof enough for an indiviudal.
>>
>>18497440
>The statement you responded to was unambigous, lets not pretend.
If you want a more direct answer; the earth does not have some vital spirit or collective consciousness that is attempting to destroy humanity in some act of revenge.

>This is internal happiness. Means, you do not rely on anything or anyone external to be happy, but find joy within yourself.
the reason why you enjoy eating a greasy burger is the same reason why you enjoy looking at a well painted landscape. They're both biological in nature and are either evolved mechanisms or the consequences of multiple evolved mechanisms working in tandem with eachother.

>Its the job of each individual to explore that question for themselves.
Is it the job of every individual to confirm whether there is currently a pink teapot orbiting the earth? Or that I can fly while nobody is looking? No, because those things are obviously not true and nobody should have to work tirelessly to show that they aren't true. The same thing applies to a magical creator deity.
>>
>>18497437
Science has developed tools and mechanisms to be as accurate as it can be right now, right.

However I don't even believe in God. I don't even believe in what you call the supernatural. There is no such thing as magic. I believe that there is an actual scientific explanation for all things that you would consider "supernatural".

Right now we don't have the means to find empiric proof for these things but that doesn't permit me from doing the metaphysical thinking around what you call the "supernatural".

Since I won't convince you anyways I ask you at least to be more tolerant about such ideas and at least consider that there may be some truth in what I've said. Or do you think they would cause damage to humanity?

A happy "deluded" humanity would still be better than an unhappy "realistic one". Don't you think so? I'd rather live in the deluded world than the realistic one even if you were right. This is mostly about what really matters I suppose. And that what really matters is how percieve the world subjectively and that is what I think about.

Of course there is more behind it in my eyes but I guess that's how you could see it.
>>
>>18497447
source, thanks

>>18497455
Heh, thanks. I take that as a compliment since I feel that this implies that I have a very unique way of explaining things.
unique in the same way we called the kids on the short bus unique.

>Your messages about how I'm beating around the bush are actually completly meaningless compared to what I've said.
What have you said?

>There are some people that see philosophy as just "beating around the bush" does it make it that?
What are you getting at?

>I'm actually sure that you can understand my point, you simply chose not to do it because the implications are too much for you.
no seriously dude I have no idea what your point is, so far the only thing I can discern is that you believe in some kind of god and you think wishful thinking solves problems in some way.

>So you base your argument simply on the fact that I have mentioned intellegent desing on a side note?
If we're arguing about if a god exists or not, it doesn't.

>I know that it is not very scientific in the eyes of mainsstream science but the base idea that the universe is not just created randomly imay be more than just a simple impression that you get when looking at it.
It's not scientific in the slightest, and yes the universe is to some degree random.

>I understand that science has to be objetive and we don't have the means to find empirical proof of these things but just because the mechanisms of science limit us from proving it does not mean that it is not actually be true.
In the same way that there might be a pink teapot orbiting the earth right now, or that I can fly when nobody is looking. God doesn't exist, there is no teapot orbiting the earth, and I can't fly.

>If you were to seek for it you would find proof for these things yourself. It might take some time and even work but it is definietely possible. I know that anectedotal proof is not scientific either but it can be proof enough for an indiviudal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
>>
>>18497477
>A happy "deluded" humanity would still be better than an unhappy "realistic one". Don't you think so?
no, I like living in a peaceful, reasonable society. Even if the society we live in is miserable, it's better than famine, disease, and war. Delusion has never brought about anything good.
>>
File: 43aeabd5gw1etqkocv0s5j20zk0xsdpc.jpg (352KB, 1280x1216px) Image search: [Google]
43aeabd5gw1etqkocv0s5j20zk0xsdpc.jpg
352KB, 1280x1216px
That horrible moment when you realize that nothing is what you think it is. Nothing really exists. You are alone in this horrible simulator, and whats outside it is even more horrible.
So whats outside? Endless of looping in your mind...
>>
>>18497489
The old testament
>>
>>18497489
>>18497500
Well it seems I really can't reach out to you. I guess you have spent quite a bit of time creating and reinforcing your own personal reality.

I even tried to argue within your thinking to some degree to give you some sort of idea what I mean. But it seems that you are unable to think beyond the paradigm o of thinking that you have learned. I suppose you also strongly think in categories of people and you have trouble being understanding in a individual manner, instead you simply put someone into a category and treat them how you learned to treat this certain category of people.

When I said "happy deluded world" I also implied that it was peaceful, without disease and war. But I guess that is something you cannot imagine especially because you have such a fixed perspective on spiritual thought in general.

One last thing.In the end it only really matters how much joy and love you are able to create for yourself and others.There's no objectivity for that, not really. You can create concepts that give the impression of an objective perspective on it but they will remain linear while they are infinite ways of doing it.

And I'm done now.
>>
>>18497539
sourcing a book that claims the earth is flat, is 6000 years old, and was created by a magical being is the most retarded thing I have ever seen.

>>18497544
>Well it seems I really can't reach out to you.
Well it seems I've won the argument

>When I said "happy deluded world" I also implied that it was peaceful, without disease and war.
mutually exclusive concepts

>One last thing.In the end it only really matters how much joy and love you are able to create for yourself and others.
something you can't do with wishful thinking.

>And I'm done now.
good riddance to bad garbage
>>
>>18497559
Bravo is that you Andy?
>>
>>18497559
If that's the most retarded thing you have seen, you obviouly don't own any mirrors.
>>
>>18497539
>implying that's a credible source
>>
>>18496252
Why are you asking "Why"? There's no deep reason behind it, suffering is an evolutionary advantage to avoid death and continue reproducing
>>
Pain and suffering is a gift from the Gods, we are to use it against bad people, such as democrat liberals, the mentally handicapped, white supremacists, blacks, illegal mexicans, and all other criminals.
Unfortunately people abuse and misuse the great gift, so the only way to make amends and to make them also pay 10fold. Don't kill them, torture them to death. The US justice system doesn't understand that, that is why the system is broken and creates more crime.
>>
>>18498004
be less obvious mate
>>
If we can make things happen just by continuing to affirm it, how come I'm still alive after praying to die for the past 10 years?

How do I make it work? I wanna die but I don't wanna suicide.
>>
File: 1479069858378.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1479069858378.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>18498048
Eat one Amantia mushroom every day until you start to hallucinate
>>
because this world is actually hell
>>
thatfeelwhen.org it's a prank bro
>>
It serves to make you stronger, If you survive and adapt accordingly you make it to the next level. That or you can let it destroy you like alot of people do.
>>
>>18497520
Nothing is a man made construct. There is always something. Even if we cant even comprehend it.
>>
>>18498142
don't try to steal my banner post
>>
>>18498222
I'm on my knees with my cock in my hand beating off to furries, when suddenly, the curtain is lifted and all the citizenry of Heaven shout, 'Surprise!'.

And then there is cake.
>>
>>18497975
Are you saying that the jews can't be trusted?
>>
The bright side of life isn't as bright without experiencing contrast
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.