[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does God know he's God? Even if you know everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: eye.png (214KB, 721x720px) Image search: [Google]
eye.png
214KB, 721x720px
How does God know he's God? Even if you know everything about everything, you still don't know if there's something unknowable to you. There could be an even bigger Ubergod who's allowing you to mistakenly think you're God, and even that Ubergod only knows okay, he's controlling a God but what if there's a Hypergod controlling him? Even if there is a true final boss God, he still can't be sure. He could've tricked himself, being omnipotent.

Is this supposed to be the case so that even the final entity can never really get bored, because there's something it'll still be unsure of?
>>
Infinite possibilities will drive man mad. Not a God though.
>>
It's turtles all the way down
>>
Have you ever read an ounce of the bible? The biblical god is the definition of evil, and a semi-powerful one at that. That god has all sorts of wants and needs that he doesn't have the power to achieve. He is as if man with godlike powers, he has the worse personality and all the most sinful traits. The only thing he does is make up lies for his own shortcomings. He has to try to trick you and lie to you in order to trick people into believing that he is all-powerful.
>>
>>18485984
First, there was infinity. Infinity beame conscious and started exploring itself, which resulted in the creation of several realities and multiverses. In infinity, there is and always will be more to learn, experience and understand. And yet, its the path that is so fulfilling, not the goal, so the path becomes the goal itself, for at any given moment in time, we are all part of God, all fractals of his consciousness and no matter where we are, we are God, we are the source, and we are all ONE.

There is no finality in infinity.
And yet, there is peace and tranquility in oneness.
>>
>>18485994
My bad, I should've specified my God. I mean the hypothetical omnipotent and omniscient infinite being, in other words the whole universe that would in this thought experiment be conscious, not a specific God of any religion.
>>
>>18485994
I personally don't like the Bible at all, it doesn't even bother keeping a consistent definition of the god. Sometimes it's omniscient, sometimes it's surpised by something, sometimes it is the whole universe and sometimes completely outside of it (which would mean nonexistence and inability to perform the miracles he later performs anyway).

This shit doesn't even lend itself to interesting thought experiments because the eternal word of God keeps contradicting itself and switching between literal and metaphorical with no clue to which one it is at any point.
>>
>>18485994
Nice try Satan!
>>
>>18486021
another fake invention by the christians. all fairy tales have an antagonist
>>
If you could bring the universe or earth into existence with a single word wouldn't you think yourself a God?
>>
i feel like god when i play simcity or the sims.

i mean, i created those characters! me! they do my bidding or i drown them by taking the ladder out of the pool.
>>
>>18486066
I think the joke went over your head.
>>
>>18485994
The bible tells you stories of what happens to people as they come to know him, not how to worship or what he is. You figure all that out yourself with the religious experience.
>>
>>18485984
It's not funny anymore.
>>
>>18486069
I could've been spoken into existence with a single word of the Ubergod
>>
>>18485994
bible god is like P Diddy.

did some cool shit back in the day
but now he's just flying around talking shit
putting some cats on and making others feel bad.

idk i clearly posed god off to have to deal with this
bullshit reality.
>>
>>18486103
I'm sorry, have you ever read the Bible?
>>
>>18486146
Even the 10 commandments is literature of a retard.
>>
>>18486146
Not at all, I'm sure.
>>
Then God has to be some sort of mechanical AI, it would know everything. I'm talking about a computer on the 10th dimension scale. Every possibility of existence it knows about. Only a unchanging, undecaying, computer would be able to conceive all that information at the same time.
>>
There will always be a better God than you so you have to be humble and always be open to new ideas.
>>
>>18485984
Well, what if God doesn't know he's God? Like he is sitting there mixing his business and wondering why all these random prayers keep piling up in his letterbox because he lives at number 2a and they are addressed to number 2 Heaven St?
>>
>>18485984
God is causality squared.

Wrap your head around that and find your answer.
>>
>>18488769
He'd probably decide it's best to just play along and answer some of them. Probably start trolling after getting bored after a while, and send curses instead for the lulz. In a way he'd just feel like a human, just an infinitely powerful one but just as well he'd be floored with the infinitely mind boggling questions of "what created me" "why does something exist" and he's probably a complete god damn lunatic to which nothing matters but everything does

I say "he" to make it easier on my ape brain to visualize
>>
>>18486006
your god is you. only you can talk to it. decipher it. use it.
>>
>>18485984
Read Conversations with God
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.