[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this sort of thing scary? Slightly disproportionate people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: lisa.gif (2MB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
lisa.gif
2MB, 500x676px
Why is this sort of thing scary? Slightly disproportionate people or odd movements?
>>
>>18482322
your
mother

(gottem)
>>
My theory is because it's like the creatures you see during sleep paralysis, that's how they move when you're paralyzed making it that much more terrifying.
>>
Probably has something to do with the uncanny valley. It's fucking creepy. I know they did that in the Hannibal TV-series and caught me the fuck off guard. Stuttering movement that just seemed unnatural and uncanny.
>>
>>18482322
>physically impossible movements
>darkness & shadows
>blocking your path
>clothing covered in blood
>face looks unhealthy/dead
>>
File: Kenyan vs. Cheetah.gif (2MB, 322x385px) Image search: [Google]
Kenyan vs. Cheetah.gif
2MB, 322x385px
>>18482362
>>physically impossible movements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dss_9FmCqtg
>>
>>18482338
>>18482362
Basically these anons are both on the right track. It triggers us because of how unnatural it is. Unnatural equals bad to our flight or fight response. Dead or diseased, something is wrong and it may be contagious. Get away is the natural reaction. It seems to be the whole.reason the uncanny valley is a thing.
>>
Cus it reminds me off my mother in law!!! HAH AMIRITE FELLAS?!?!?
>>
>>18482322

That would be a lot cooler if the movements were subtle, like a cinemagraph. The fast jerky movements make it obviously fake and pushes it over the far side of uncanny valley.

Her out-of-proportion size and the atmospheric lighting are perfect.
>>
>>18482472
Look at the image again, and then the youtube video. Completely on another level of speed - hence the physically impossible. Even at 2x speed they barely match the speed going on in the image, and the image isn't just going left to right it's moving up and down also.

Try shaking your head around really fast, you'll figure it out.
>>
File: Hilarious_and_original.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious_and_original.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>18482786
>>
>>18482322
I think the first time I saw that fx used was in Jacobs Ladder and it freaked me right the fuck out. Still does. Just something Not Right and brain does not want. lol.
>>
>>18482322
Non human pretending to be human. Dead pretending to be alive.
>>
>>18482322
It looks dangerous in a way that it doesn´t let you run AND sick in a way that looks filthy and may make you sick at the same time.
These are the two essential things to avoid to keep on surviving as a mammal on land.
This picture tells our instinctive brains to avoid a tiger and a cockroach simultaniously.
>>
>>18482322
odd movements like that give the impression of supernatural.
Like ghosts about to kill you and stuff.
>>
>>18482337
I frequently have sleep paralysis and not once have I encountered this 'entity' everyone else seems to have
>>
>>18482362
Also it kind of looks like its hanging from an invisible noose with those shoes and how fuckhuge it is. Spooks are real bad news when they don't even pretend to respect gravity
>>
File: 1483050269175.gif (2MB, 269x202px) Image search: [Google]
1483050269175.gif
2MB, 269x202px
>>18482362
>>18482322
unnatural movement

check out this thread (while it's still up)

>>>18454455
the image limit has been reached, and it will be archived soon. definitely worth a look through.

maybe this thread could be the Uncanny Valley thread - part 2?
>>
>>18483466
I was joking you fucking imbecile
>>
>>18482362
>physically impossible movements
I will electrocute your head, let's see how physically impossible it is.
>>
>>18485285
Oogie Boogie has many forms, so it's different for everyone I think. Depends on what scares you.
>>
Op cant u see the head spazzing out
>>
>>18482786
TAKE

MY

WIFE

PLEEEEASE
>>
>>18485640
idk m8. there's at least one mod here that deletes uncanny valley threads for some odd reason. i was surprised that one stayed up because I had basically the same thread deleted a couple days before that one went up
>>
>>18482337
Pure lies
>>
>>18485880
The one thing on /x/ you're suspicious of is a legitimate phenomenon that science backs up? The fuck is your deal faggot?
>>
>>18482322

It reminds people of retards and no one likes retards.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.