[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the whole point of it all, /x/? Why does the rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1476597433456.png (733KB, 959x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1476597433456.png
733KB, 959x1008px
What's the whole point of it all, /x/? Why does the rest of the universe exists when we can't even explore it? Why does anything exists at all? and why is it significant?
>>
>>18478041
What makes u think 4chan has all the answers?
>>
>>18478052
This board has most of answers. Besides, which board do you think is suitable for this question?
>>
>>18478041
why don't you try to enjoy it?

i tried... i tried so hard to... some of us never had a chance.
>>
>>18478053
I mean, he does specify 4Chan, which implies that he thinks this is a terrible site in general for these questions.
>>
>>18478053
...Why the hell do you ask questions that you feel you already have answers to then? Cut those questions out.
>>
>>18478041
Why does this thread keep getting reposted with the same image? Do you guys get off on feeling small and useless or something? Why are you even bothering to live if you can't find a point?
>>
>>18478064
Why do you think I have no point in living?
>>
>>18478092
THEN STOP ASKING RETARDED QUESTIONS U STUPID ASS FAGGET.
>>
>>18478098
Then what kind of questions do you deem "smart"?
>>
>>18478064
>>18478098
Questioning your whole existence, the nature of things, and the whole universe is retarded in your opinion?
>>
>>18478113
Some people get no enjoyment from those thoughts, and some people have no sense of empathy. It makes sense that at least a few people in the world are unable to see how philosophical thoughts could ever be interesting to anyone - they're not even solvable problems! How could anyone like unsolvable infinitely complex dilemmas!?

Philosophy is just fun, and these questions are retarded at least in some perspectives.
>>
>>18478118
>are unable to see how philosophical thoughts could ever be interesting to anyone - they're not even solvable problems!
Then no philosophical questions should ever be posted on /x/. Philosophy as a whole should be abolished then.
>>
>>18478124
/x/ is the only place where you don't get told to go back to /x/ for even considering that maybe I'm living in a cosmic Truman show
>>
File: fun.jpg (68KB, 680x738px) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
68KB, 680x738px
>>18478124
>Philosophy as a whole should be abolished then.
>>
>>18478118
When you've thought about a lot and come up with enough possible answers you kind of get tired of asking the same questions constantly. They also seem to always be boring clichés and 'babby's first philosophical question' kind of thing. The op being a prime example of this. You're likely to get more discussion if you narrow it down a little and be less ambiguous. Like instead of being "Why everything??? :D", I'd be more interested in questioning something more specific. Or alternatively, try to begin the discussion with your own thoughts and ideas instead of just throwing such a vague question at everyone.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHrJu37dEo&t=15s
>>
>>18478113
That wasn't me, I don't think it's retarded. It's just I've seen this same thread pop up so much, I'm starting to think it might be the same person posting it all the time, and I'm wondering why they keep asking the same question over and over. Part of me thinks they might just be trying to cause arguments for the fun of it.
>>
>>18478139
>might be the same person posting it all the time,
not me
>trying to cause arguments
not me either
>>
>>18478041
Read "The Poison Arrow" parable by the Buhdda.
Sums it up pretty nicely.
>>
>>18478173
will do.
>>
>>18478041
>What's the whole point of it all, /x/?
Working on that.
>Why does the rest of the universe exists when we can't even explore it yet*?
FTFY.
>Why does anything exists at all? and why is it significant?
Working on those questions as well.

Anyone who says that they know these answers for sure are lying to you. They may *believe* they know these answers, but they don't, because the first person to find these kind of answers have an obligation to share it with the rest of us, as well as how they came about it and how it can be confirmed by others besides just "trust me guys, I was told this by a guy/government agent/ayy lmao/a god/spirit/voice in my head."
>>
>>18478041
We arent meant to exist, the universe tends to balance and galaxies, planets and lifeforms disrupt that balance.
>>
>>18478041
>What's the whole point of it all, /x/?
It's all a joke.
>Why does the rest of the universe exists when we can't even explore it? Why does anything exists at all? and why is it significant?
It doesn't exist. None of us exists. You don't exist. It's all a big misunderstanding. A comedy of errors.
>>
Because it takes all of it to germinate and sustain life. We aren't the first sentients and probably won't be the last. You get more results if you sprinkle seeds in a football field sized garden than you do if you rely solely on a single pot on your windowsill. But now imagine any infinite number of random things could happen that fuck up your humble little garden-- like an asteroid based null life event, a blackhole drunkwalks in and wipes everything, less complex lifeforms (think viruses) developing then killing everything, etc.
>>
>>18478303
It just depresses me to think that the rest of the universe exists and we might never explore it. We are constricted to small rock which is vulnerable to all sorts of damage. And once we die off there might never be another intelligent being in the universe that can explore it.
>>
You will be able to explore it, don't worry. All of it, pretty much.
>>
>>18478376
When? How?
>>
>>18478379
When you die you'll be give a few choices.

I was given a choice and came here, but I don't remember what I was before, but rest easy, you'll see and hear things you couldn't barely start to dream about in this state.

You may even find that after you're "done here" (hopefully many years from now right?) it will seem like you were only gone for a second.

The thing is, you forgot that you existed before you were conceived.
>>
>>18478406
>The thing is, you forgot that you existed before you were conceived.
very well said.
>>
>>18478431
Well thanks. :) I hope you have a really good 2017.

I hope everyone good has an awesome one.
>>
>>18478441
>hope you have a really good 2017.
I hope you have a really good 2017 too
>>
mmmm
>>
bumpo bumpo bumprina
>>
>>18478468
>I hope you have a really good 2017 too
I hope you have a really good 2017 too
>>
>>18478041
>teh universe is big n stuff
>so ur actions n thought dont matter lol

thats fucking stupid.
>>
>>18480680
>thats fucking stupid.
how?
>>
>>18480689
because i'm autistic and say dumb shit on 4chan

please disregard what I said completely
>>
>>18480696
>>
File: once_by_peter_westermann.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
once_by_peter_westermann.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>18478041
Why was the earth forming 4.5B years ago significant?

Why was the first amino acids developing significant?

Why was the first fish developing significant?

Why was the first mammals developing significant?

What about the first humans? The first spoken words? The wheel? The harnessing of Steam? And Electricity? Transistors? Quantum particles?

Forget this moment in time. Look at the exponential curve our species is riding. At risk of sounding grandiose, we're on our way to becoming Gods. Like the long-lost species behind us, our role is to continue that development. Our biological ancestors had no idea what they were turning into, and as intelligent as we are, neither are we. We can't even comprehend what we will become yet.

And why is life significant? What's the purpose of life? Sorry if this frustrates you, but the answer to that question is the question itself. What makes each person fulfilled and happy is that. Whether it's learning to oil paint, or raise a child, or develop a new physics model for our universe. Humans come from nature. Everything we do is an extension of nature. The computer, the bomb, technologies that won't exist for thousands of years... it is all more sophisticated forms of nature, that complexity as time unfolds. Just as how more sophisticated matter manifested into existence as the universe aged, the same is true with information, and potentials.

So maybe that excites you. Maybe it doesn't. Your choices are on a multidimensional spectrum ranging from suicide to living your life with some sort of self-defined purpose with varying degrees of passion. But no matter what you choose to do, it comes from nature.
>>
>>18480796
Woah
>>
>>18480796
I love you
>>
I wonder that too.
>>
The universe does not exist.

Matter and energy can not be created.
The universe was never created.
Nothing can not become something and something can not exist without being created, but it is scientifically proven that matter and energy can not be created.

We should not be.
But since we apparently are, we should just enjoy it.
>>
>>18482092
Good thoughts
>>
File: image.jpg (330KB, 1920x1398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330KB, 1920x1398px
>>18478041
Who cares about rocks and gas? my universe is a human one, even if no one knows it, my actions will live on forever no matter how minor, yours as well OP. Also, Ayy lmaos don't exist.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.