[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the longest you've gone without sleep and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: sleepo peepo.jpg (20KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
sleepo peepo.jpg
20KB, 450x300px
What's the longest you've gone without sleep and how did you feel at the time?

Once I went five days without sleeping and time started to feel fragmented and hazy while my surroundings felt overwhelmingly slow

Communicating was obscure and everything just felt generally fake and inconsistent

People claim to have gone longer with little to no effect but I can't imagine how scary it'd feel to continue staying awake like that
>>
>>18476153
Why did you pass five days without sleeping? Did you have a sleeping disorder or something?
>>
>>18476153
i went 36 hours during a milsim once

I got so paranoid that i started seeing things moving in the bushes probably around the 30 hour mark

it was during winter aswell so everyone was wearing white and was pretty much invisible

i had nightmares about that for like a week or 2
>>
>>18476153
3 days. didn't feel as u felt but i did feel scared because i wasn't feeling tired nor sleepy and that worried me.
>>
>>18476153
I did around five days once, I noticed that I shifted pretty weirdly during the period.
24: Miserable, tired.
48: Fun, well-adjusted, considerate.
72: Good at retaining short-term memory like nobody's business, zero sense of shame, but very reserved and polite.
96: Fearful of my own death. Paranoid. Hearing things. Heart felt like it was going to be crushed in a vice. Eyes stung.

Like a weird series of highs and lows. Passed out for about two days when I finally slept. Woke up, felt miserable.
>>
>>18476220
I was younger and trying to make the most out of a break from school with friends. However, I do have some pretty bad sleeping disorders now but I am thankfully nowhere near being that sleep deprived
>>
This certainly does sound interesting. How can I achieve such magnitudes of sleep deprivation? I need to make it unnoticeable for my family and somehow keep it going.

Any tips?
>>
I heard you can break the simulation from long periods of sleep deprivation.
>>
>>18476330
This might be an unpopular opinion but from my own personal experience, staying up for an unhealthy amount of time isn't actually all that difficult

Find some sort of stimulation for your brain and concentrate on that. I could easily keep awake well passed 24 hours if I had something to focus on but it's probably not that easy for everyone and I do have known sleeping problems

Stay away from caffeine and that sort of stuff since it will only cause worse exhaustion once you come down from it. Use herbal remedies for energy instead, like tea

If you REALLY want to force yourself to stay awake and don't have any known heart problems, I'd honestly suggest adderall but if you are just doing it to as an experiment to see how long you can go and what effects it will have, the best way to do it would be all naturally
>>
>>18476330
Lots of caffeine. And it's going to show, so there's no point in hiding it. Just tell them you're testing your limits as an experiment and you expect nothing bad will come of it. And as long as you don't try operating heavy machinery (like a car), that should be true. Your ability to perform will be impaired as if you're drunk. Even if you feel like you're competent, you're not.

When you get sleepy, play an engaging computer game or something to keep yourself active. Your body runs in cycles. You have to muscle through the parts where you're supposed to sleep, but the parts you're supposed to be awake are easier.
>>
>>18476153
Staying awake that long has always given me a strong sense of disassociation. After about an entire weekend of sleep deprivation, I went for a morning walk with my friend and it honestly did not feel one bit real for me. There was a sense of hyper realism paired with extreme stoicism and I had very little recollection of it once I finally went to sleep and woke up the next day. I've had dreams that had a greater sense of continuity than the state I was in at the time. It's difficult to explain but I certainly wouldn't want to experience it again.
>>
>>18476153
4 days, high on sugar and caffeine when I was 17. It was like the movie Cranked.
>>
>>18476153
Did you ever get bored while awake? I mean, sometimes I use sleep to fight boredom, 'cause its a way to disconnect yourself from your own consciousness and let time pass. Although, even when you said time distorts after a while, boredom should have become an issue.
>>
>>18476418
I don't remember being bored because I was around friends the entire time, which is part of the reason why it was so easy to keep going

There were video games and a lot of things going on to stimulate me but when there wasn't anything to focus on, that's when everything felt distorted and vague

If I didn't have any reason to be awake/people keeping me up, I certainly wouldn't have been and on the walk home when I didn't have any reason to stay up is when things felt especially strange but I can't really say I ever felt bored during that time. Oddly sedated at times but not really bored
>>
2 days. Went out all night with friends, got back home at 10am. Decided I might as well stay up. Eventually I only went to bed because I was bored and had nothing to do.

Although I was dirt tired at first, by midday I didn't feel any different, it was like I'd had a full nights sleep. Even when I eventually went to bed, I still didn't feel any different. It was odd.
>>
I also kept finding myself puzzled when I'd set out to do something. I recall having to walk to a nearby neighborhood to get one of our other friends and along the way I constantly asked myself things like "Why am I here? What am I doing?" which I'd easily be able to remember but then moments later it still wouldn't make sense to me.

I also experienced waves of exhaustion and productivity like anons described here but after the fourth it was a lot less inconsistent and I really didn't even have that strong of an urge to sleep once I finally got around to it. Slept pretty normal during the following days as well.

This is just OP elaborating a bit more on what it was like
>>
>>18476433
Any creepy/strange stories that happened during your sleep deprivation? I'm starting to feel tempted to try this kind of stuff, but I'm not sure if I can stand the weird shit your mind starts to see.
>>
>>18476330
Have eye drops for dry eyes handy. One of the most important and most overlooked things. If you don't care for your dry eyes they will feel like absolute rubbish.
>>
File: 20161231_232838.jpg (827KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_232838.jpg
827KB, 1920x2560px
Around day 2 I was lying in bed thinking if I should go to sleep finally or not. This was about 4 am in the morning. The painting of the black woman on my wall started moving and it looked like she was sometimes turning her head and looking at me. Her expression was blank.

Pic related is the painting.
>>
>>18476450
I'd be lying if I said I had any crazy hallucinations or really terrifying experiences during that time because it wasn't like that for me. I think it was because I was in a situation where I was surrounded by friends most of the time, so there wasn't much room for paranoia and those sort of effects

However, the state your mind goes into is pretty unsettling to me and I can definitely imagine some horrific results if you kept pushing yourself

It's a surprisingly reachable state of insanity and that alone is pretty scary to me
>>
>>18476462
Ah man, that kind of stuff happens to me all the time when I'm having sleep issues

Night time hallucinations are fucked up but I think I'll save some of those stories for another thread in the future
>>
>>18476264
milsim?
>>
>>18476553
I think it's military simulation
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.