[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's any good theories about vampires? Any good sites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

File: Jeanette.jpg (418KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jeanette.jpg
418KB, 1024x768px
There's any good theories about vampires? Any good sites about it? Videos? any info?
Whats /x/ opinion on it? I personally like the ideia behind it, but its too hard to believe its possible
>>
>>18474354
Yes, google suggests they're not real or mistaken rabies from the superstitous uneducated, and the lore has had a popular remergence due to the twilight saga among millenials.
>>
>>18474354
>Whats /x/ opinion on it?
I can't speak for all of /x/, but I personally don't think we really need more than one vampire thread at a given time.
>>
The only thread that seemed remotely realistic lately:

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18445783/#18445783
>>
They're real. They post here on /x/ all the time. Most get discouraged because of /x/'s autistic screeching of roleplay and disbelief. But honestly, a Google search of "real vampires" might get you some good links.
IE: http://vampirewebsite.net
http://www.sanguinarius.org
http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com
>>
>>18474978

Intredasting. Now to figure out the mutation trigger...
>>
>>18475076
Those sites are infested with RP'ers with the occasional true vamp who is a bit lost during the awakening process. No true vamp could stick around there with people like Sebastian and Belanger going on and on about their egotistical views about what makes a vampire.

True vampires are far more evolved than to participate in all that drama and ego.
>>
>>18475077
I was actually talking about the guy who mentioned the cello player who miraculously survived. He also talked about being turned because he had some rare genes. He was pretty serious about it. No blood drinking, no super powers, no centuries-old vampires in his story, just some high tech chemistry (plus maybe nanotech) behind his science-based version of the vampire (he also rejected that word) myth.
>>
>>18475168

So was I. Based on what was said, it sounds like a somatic gene mutation. Meaning you should theoretically be able to replicate it.
>>
In my opinion, an argument for the existence of functional agelessness in today's world would be the fact that no one (with the means) is actively pursuing it. Sure, there's religion and conservatism and even ideological reasons as to why one would want to die. But are you honestly telling me that there's not a single millionaire/billionaire or government official who would want to finance people like Aubrey de Grey or Ray Kurzweil? Why wouldn't a cure for aging be desireable, unless it's already there?
>>
>>18475134
I wholeheartedly agree, but it's a good start for newbies.
>>
>>18474354

Vampires smell incredibly foul so it is very difficult for them to integrate into human society. Most are recluse or fake some kind of skin disease to explain their hideous odour.
>>
>>18475786
Fucking this.. :'(
>>
>>18475786
Vampires don't smell unless they don't bathe, anon.
>>
I'm a real vampire ama
>>
>>18475786

We don't have basic human needs, our bodies aren't dead just lacking life energy
>>
>>18474354
Her boobs are too circular, start too abruptly, and are too low.
>>
>>18476227

Tell me your story, Mr Vampire?
>>
>>18474354

I don't understand it but this page has a lot of stuff
http://www.vampirerave.com/
I suppose most are just playing dress up or something but there at least seems to be some info posted.
>>
>>18474978

That thread actually had some new things that hasn't been posted here in the time I've cared to read these threads (last 2 years or so) which is pretty good by /x/ standards, it also was in line with previous lore.
>>
I have a pet theory that vampirism could be a form of Wendigo psychosis, where a human believes they need to eat other humans too survive. Only for whatever reason this person thinks they need to drink blood.
>>
>>18474978

Fun, anything else similar to that?
>>
>>18474354
Man I love VTMB. I wish my shit computer could run it.

Also sisters of janus are best sisters, and, of course, as is fitting for a /x/enophile, malkavians are the only vamp race worth running.
>>
>>18479352
That game was released 15 years ago. Is it even possible to have computer that won't be able to run it? I played it on my pc which is also pretty shitty.
And Tremere is masterrace. Nobody can beat their disciplines.
>>
File: trangenesis.jpg (14KB, 600x600px)
trangenesis.jpg
14KB, 600x600px
Have you seen those movies where the vampires exist because of a virus that transform and gave them extraordinary skills like strength, higher senses, longer lifespan, etc? Of course you did. Now, this isn't an innocent question because everyone that asks you "would you like" has something plan behind, but if we have the same goals, we can make it possible and we both benefit, would you like it to happen?

I am not saying is going to be easy or in brief, but we could have very distinguishable vampires in 40 years, or vampire features in 10 or maybe 5 years by modifying the humans. Questionable? Only ethically because this is not science fiction and even by ethics prohibitionist don't have the last word.

"How", well, if you dedicated your life to the study of life sciences, and I don't mean just an area, but in transgenesis, you will know this can happen and is not just a dream.

Of course there are people who will rush to be against and lie about telling you is not possible or even try to ban the research. But what would you do if you want this to happen? That one is the real question.
>>
>>18479388
My computer is a shitty celeron I got at a yard sale for $40
Maybe it could run it, I just assumed it couldn't, but it's a pretty bad computer.

Also malkavian is still best race because of their cryptic dialogue options, idgaf about disciplines.
>>
>>18479563
>tl;dr genetic engineering is cool
of course it is we already knew that
pic related
>>
>>18479388
fuck outta here, malkavian is masterrace.
>>
>>18479667
This guy gets it
Normalfags think malkavians are wrong, nonsensical idiots because they don't use normal syntax, because they can't think abstractly and because their ramblings defy their worldview.

Would-be malkavians think malkavians are right and have some special sekret inherent wisdom because they wish they had the same insights

And malkavians themselves don't give a fuck about what's right or wrong because they're just expressing themselves like everyone else seems to be incapable of doing.
>>
File: bump.jpg (61KB, 836x850px)
bump.jpg
61KB, 836x850px
>>18474354
I'm so bored of these annoying peasants who identify as vampires because they "feel" a bit different or think they crave blood. But they age, they have no special powers and are basically just roleplaying. Same with psychic vampires who are just annoying people.

I believe that the real, supernatural and possibly undead vampire exists but they are probably not around here or care much.
>>
>>18479728
and when I say they can't think abstractly I was referring to the normalfags
that was a confusing usage of pronouns, sorry
>>
Was always quite partial to the Tzimisce way of doing things, myself.
>>
>>18479655
You can count with one biologist here who interested on developing the technology and make it accessible. Of course one is not enough, and good biologists need a lab and resources to make things happen.

Now, despite people underestimating the influence of internet forums like 4chan, I've seen things happen thanks to this platform and I plan on motivating open minded people into supporting this, either by supporting specific research or becoming scientists themselves.

Of course, all support from scientist on forums like these should be anonymous, as to bypass the censorship normally happening in the scientific community. But I plan on bringing this to /x/ starting this year.
>>
>>18479774
That's hot
If you're serious I'd love to make some miscellaneous contribution despite having no prior knowledge.
>>
>>18474354
heard some theory that vampires are actually grey alien/human hybrids which food source is blood.
>>
>>18479802
grey human hybrids are literally just psychic or sometimes autistic humans
that blood shit is just a smear campaign against the greys who are, as their name suggests, not as evil as the paranoids nor as good as the xenophiles wish they were
>>
>>18479790
I am serious. Whatever you can contribute is welcome. Just keeping the idea alive on this forum would be a huge contribution, a very important one and I mean it.

Discussion of this brings awareness, support, expectations. We need expectations.

Probably is a good idea to contribute some academic material to state this isn't a bluff. So here is some reading ftp://joelixny.ddns.net/The%20All-Embracing%20Library/BIOLOGY/

Of course it isn't light reading. Hopefully the scientist will come. But those who are not scientists would help by bringing enough researchers into the subject.
>>
>>18479563

Welll, this one old game called Phylo comes to mind. Puzzle game designed by researchers to help map genetic code for fighting disease. With a bit of tweaking about, I'm confident something along this line could be beneficial towards the end you mention.
>>
>>18479894
That already proved to be successful. Many crowdsourcing projects like these rely on people solving problems that computers can't even process. Like foldit.

Giving problems related, like immunology, would point to the right direction.
>>
>>18479352
>>18479388
>>18479636
>>18479667
>>18479728
>>18479732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hh0I4hwRao

Damn
>>
Venkavian FTFW

D.M.
>>
>>18474978

>One of our biggest benefactors in the past 30 years or so has been David Rockefeller, who despite of several offers has refused to undergo transition, because he's unwilling to renounce to his identity in exchange (he would have to be declared dead and live in the shadows)

From that thread (it was a good one)
But i wonder, why a man like david wouldnt want immortality?
>>
>>18476227
I wouldn't call it "life energy". Vampires need blood, plain and simple.
>>
>>18481710

He's part of the reincarnation scheme. Too bad it has been thrashed, they don't even know... their occult leaders are probably pretty stressed out about this getting out.
>>
>>18479836
Different anon here...

I think the first thing is find a common ground, set a place to start... probably lore/origins/etc ... even if it's just to find who is interested
>>
File: Scared.jpg (4KB, 249x180px) Image search: [Google]
Scared.jpg
4KB, 249x180px
I want to be a vampire. Someone turn me into a vampire.
>>
>>18484779
You and half the board. And the other half would like to hunt your half. That would be something to see.

Think about pretty much any vampire movie you've ever seen. The master vampire is the villain. He's defeated at the end of the film, ending a career of decades of bloodletting. Now think about his minions, some guys grabbed off the street last week, turned, and thrown at the heroes. Disposable meat shields.

Are you a bad enough dude to take on Blade and live? Because it you're not, you're basically just asking to die soon as something more interesting. It might come as a revelation, but you can be an angsty drama queen without having to pick up a specific STD first.
>>
>>18481814
Actual vampires can and do drink blood AND take direct life energy, as well as other energy sources, dependent on the situation. They have the ability for all, and each has pros and cons.
>>
File: 1479949045061.png (12KB, 530x492px)
1479949045061.png
12KB, 530x492px
>>18484779
No. Faggots like you aren't worth it.
>>
>>18485270
>Blade

Worst vampire story ever.

>black

>half-vampire

>allergic to silver (what, that's fucking werewolves)

>not actually hurt by the sun, but the light itself, completely disregarding common lore again where the sun as an occult symbol is their enemy

>possibly immortal vampires all attack him from the front wtih retarded melee tactics instead of just hiding and putting a bullet in his head in a dark alley

>no romance
>>
>>18485909
>Worst vampire story ever.
Now you're in the position of having to explain how Blade is worse than Twilight.

>Also not burned by sunlight.
>Sparkly.
>Don't sleep.

Also, being black might be advantageous to a vampire, since it would camouflage unnatural paleness (from brown to tan rather than flesh-colored to fishbelly).
>>
>>18486247
>how Blade is worse than Twilight

Twilight has romance and humour. If you expect nothing from either, twilight is still entertaining, blade is just annoying. If you're going to break the lore, at least make it fun.
>>
>>18486451
>twilight is still entertaining
underage b&
>>
>>18475168
Yeah, I think I saw some leaked footage of that guy during the Big Shell Hostage Crisis; ran up a wall after running on water.

Rumour has it he's making moves in South America, with a damn hole clean through his head the size of a pistol bullet.
>>
File: 6030416_orig.png (984KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
6030416_orig.png
984KB, 1100x500px
>>18483497
Common ground has to be from zero, but we should start by making a society right here on /x/ for people wanting to become vampires, and later come up with a name of course.

As for lore we should accept things either based in science like transgenesis that makes possible all vampire things, or from fiction like on Vampire: The Masquerade, which has a lot of lore by itself we can borrow like names and traits people want.

Imagine we can investigate what mutations can make humans more like vampires, there is a lot of scientific papers out there in the world with things can can blown peoples mind, and some engaging experiments have been done already. Imagine if we find stuff dr. Mengele found in its experiment with twins. Also scientific experiments are becoming cheaper thanks to thinks like CRISPR and a wide array of documents being free. Those who have the resources and the knowledge can experiment on their own. There is, after all, an underground community of biohackers and grinders.

But that is just my opinion unless more would like to join.
>>
>>18486451
>If you're going to break the lore
Blade doesn't do as much of that as you seem to think. Half-vampires (dhampir) are a thing. Not being burned by sunlight is a thing, too (Dracula walks around London by day, and there are other examples not from fiction). Likewise the silver vulnerability; depending on which legends you're reading, the dividing lines between a witch, a werewolf, and a vampire aren't particularly clear.

You're right about the vampires being unrealistically bad with their tactics, of course, but that's about it.

Your criteria for a good vampire movie essentially boils down to whether there's romance in it or not, since humor is subjective.
>>
>>18477264
I'd still hit it with the force of a million white hot suns, though.
>>
>>18486710
I'm sold
>>
>>18475168

and who its the cello player?
>>
File: viktor.jpg (23KB, 517x277px)
viktor.jpg
23KB, 517x277px
>>18486936
Excellent, when this thread goes 404 we'll shall make one, meanwhile let this be used for initial settlement.

Post everything vampire. Lore, pictures, news, anything. I'll post everything in-vitro vampires related info I can find.
>>
https://iamvampirenovel.com/
>>
>>18474354
They are real.
They do not suck the blood from a person and they do not live forever.
They suck up the life force from a person, they drain goodness and joy and innocence for their own pleasure and generally because of this power over their "ghouls" they become very confident and charismatic and succeed in a lot of things they do. It's essentially like giving a guide book on Left Hand Path and Fourth Way Magick to a sociopath.

There are "Clans" in the fact that certain people come about this naturally or by being told about it. Those who are told about it usually form clubs where they swap their "ghouls" for sexual pleasure, gratification, or humiliation. They also make business contacts in these meetings.

They are not one giant linked conspiracy however, a vampire may come on it honestly, thinking he found the power himself when in reality all great bastards in time were the same type of narcissitic assholes who hide their intentions and have dark desires.

You may have some vampire in you, fledgling. I belong to a clan of people who don't think ourselves vampire vampires, but we do have something similar to schreknet and do have our cleopatras.
>>
>>18487779
Very similar to what Alex Jones talks of when he says Vampires, or Demonic invasion
>>
>>18474354
I know a vampire. Never seen his reflection in a mirror. Haven't tried though, too spooped cuz i know in my heart lf hearts he's a vampire and if i know for sure then he'll know i know then feast on me or some shit
>>
>>18479388
Nos is best. Going invisible is OP and ugly options rule.
>>
>>18474354
there are 3 types of vampires:

type 3: are normal people what were bitten for vampires type 2, the type 1 no presents symtoms of vampirism there is no transformation only are the food of all other types.

type 2: these were normal people what were bitten for a vampire type 1, they suffer a tranformation to human to vampire, can't be leave in the day only in the nigth, they are the traditional vampire soldier, like blade movies, ando they are not inmortals

type 1: Very few, maybe 4 o 5 in the world these vampires are inmortal but they can be murdered but are very very hard to kill, they only wake up each period of time to feed.
>>
File: wwDj2P4kxE-11.png (25KB, 300x250px)
wwDj2P4kxE-11.png
25KB, 300x250px
>>18487935

I suggest that all of us vampy folk start our own free forum somewhere
>>
>>18488008
Threads here seem just perfect, it only takes to make a general instead of several scattered all over.
>>
>>18488026
Yes, but no acknowledgement of ones identity seems to be lame. An anonymous board, I understand, but an Anonymous Camarilla.....
>>
>>18479563
yes.
>>
>>18488063
Going somewhere else will make hard to find new folks.

As with everything, if the numbers increase you can always create and IRC.
>>
>>18488063
Except the proposal is not to create a vampire leadership council, it's to create a vampire studies group as a foundational step towards and end goal of building vampirism in a lab. You're like two huge steps ahead of yourself.

If you want to create a vampire LARP forum, by all means. The world could use a few more of those. But we're well ahead of even moving this to a different venue. We're still on the first date and you're talking moving in together.
>>
>>18485432
>as well as other energy sources
Not true my friend. The blood drinking gives a vampire the energy and adrenaline to live but the victim's "life energy" as you call it will be replenished in time. And there are no other energy sources. Confused about what you even mean.
>>
>>18486710
Don't waste your time anon. Vampires aren't looking for new recruits.
>>
>>18487779
Sir, what you are describing is incorrect. Vampires do not "drain goodness, joy, or innocence." You are correct about there not being a giant linked conspiracy. That would take too much of a risk. The coteries need to be somewhat small. There will never be one united "vampire army."
>>
I wonder. What does /x/ think of the theory that black-eyed children are vampires?

>need permission to come in
>usually appear at night
>wear clothes that seem old/don't fit modern times
>usually makes you feel dread when they visit
>>
>>18486751
>Your criteria for a good vampire movie essentially boils down to whether there's romance in it or not

The whole thing about vampires is about the underlying sexual tension and danger. Some macho dude's vendetta could be anything, you could've made blade any type of supernatural creature and it would still do the job. But the main problem I have with blade is it's trying to "scientificy" the vampire legend and remove the occult mystery parts, which just removes the thrill of the subject completely. I suppose it's the american super hero comic style that may be the problem here, vampires don't work in that format, they come from a european tradition.
>>
>>18487392

OP here, im so glad that the thread worked, and yeah lets keep making a new one when this one its gone, lets keep all the info in a same place
>>
File: wyL8cpPh.jpg.jpg (29KB, 500x378px)
wyL8cpPh.jpg.jpg
29KB, 500x378px
>>18490573
If we go with a theme of vampiric disciplines we will have goals and a common ground at the same time

Discipline of Fortitude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCSwVx3GvA

Discipline of Potence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PXC_mctsgY
>>
>>18474354

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCy8iWxf1Us

The guy filming thinks it is haunted with spirits, but caves like these are actually homes to vampires.
>>
>>18479731
Psychic vampires are real. But they aren't the romanticized bullshit you see on the internet.

They are easily mistaken for people who are bipolar. And they are completely and utterly sociopathic. They don't attack you directly with their abilities, but use words and shit. They find your emotional weaknesses and exploit them.

Like, they'll see a "friend" with a new haircut, and they can see their aura all bright and shiny, and if nothing else they see the expression on their "friends" face and know they are happy and want to show off their latest hair do. All it takes is one passive aggressive comment to hit that poor person where it will hurt the most. Make them believe getting their hair cut was a mistake. Make them believe they where stupid for doing it. Make them believe that now they are ugly. Then they soak up all of that emotional pain like a dry sponge soaking up water.

They literally become addicted to feeding off of your pain, hence why they can be mistaken for bipolar, because they get a huge high off of sucking your soul dry. Then that high wears off and they emotionally crash.

They also wind up abusing substances often, because they don't always have anyone around to feed off of. Like when they are home alone. So they use alcohol and drugs to fill that gaping void until they can go to work or socialize and thus feed again.
>>
>>18479808
Fuck greys, shoving a dick up someones ass without consent is rape. So why is it any less horrifying when it's an anal probe instead of a dick?

As far as I am concerned, all greys are rapists. The sooner we develop our own space faring technology and start blowing their ships out of our skies the better.

Go rape someone elses ass with your scientific research.
>>
>>18489019
Those aren't vampires, those are fae.
>>
>>18486710
>ftp://joelixny.ddns.net/The%20All-Embracing%20Library/BIOLOGY/

Without proper schooling, how much can one actually learn on their own really?

Because believe me you've just sparked my interest.
>>
If vampire lore is based in edgelord v. normie paradigm, are all edgelords blood suckers and all normies cattle? Is this just the wet dream of all outsiders? Was vampire lore supposed to be the wet dream of edgelords? Dracula is a eccentric nobleman who bangs hot whores and drinks blood and shit
>>
File: 1430632515.gif (81KB, 300x723px)
1430632515.gif
81KB, 300x723px
>>18491650
Yes, you can get much from reading books. There is an entire community devoted to alchemy which remains self-taught, and much has been accomplished.

But, in this day and age one can widen the concept of proper schooling, and add online education
https://www.edx.org/course/subject/biology-life-sciences
https://www.coursera.org/browse/life-sciences
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology

From Standford to Harvard, they all offer online courses and specializations for free, or you can get a certificate for a fee. Even earning a title without paying a tuition is possible thanks to one online university
http://www.uopeople.edu/programs/hs/

And I have a variety of other online resources.
>>
>>18486451
The only humor in twilight is how bad it's made!
>>
>>18474354
I dated a "vampire" girl for a number of years. But it was really more that I worked the late shift at a bar on Bourbon, and she was an Anne Rice fanatic that ate steaks as rare as I do, and was ready to hang out after my shift.
>>
>>18491650
Exactly my point!
>>
>>18489419
I'm not defending Blade so much as playing Devil's Advocate on you. I think the television adaptation was decent, but I wouldn't call myself a fan of the franchise. I only mentioned Blade because Van Helsing doesn't really come up to the badass level I was trying to evoke.

I happen to agree with you on the sciencing of things. It's meant to make them seem more plausible in the late 20th / early 21st centuries, but that often spoils the spooky as a consequence. It's really an audience recognition thing. People who can't suspend disbelief on something like curses aren't likely to be watching monster movies.

And I'll certainly agree with you on the sexual tension point. Fangs are metaphorical penises. Some of the reason vampires are so popular is that the Victorians needed that layer of symbolism.

But the main argument I have with you at this point is that romance and sex are often quite separate things. Vampires as lust objects is totally believable, since they tend to be fantastic at being dangerous and sensual. If they're not pretty, they're a rape fantasy rather than a seduction. But I find romance to be far more unlikely. I don't know about you, but I've never fucked a sandwich. If sandwiches could talk, I'm not sure I'd be willing to have a long conversation with one, because that would be liable to put me off eating sandwiches altogether.
>>
>>18493206
>I don't know about you, but I've never fucked a sandwich. If sandwiches could talk, I'm not sure I'd be willing to have a long conversation with one, because that would be liable to put me off eating sandwiches altogether.

I think you are missing the point here. The underlying sexual references also implies it is not an actual explicit sexual encounter, which makes it perfect for teen/high school drama. Placing it there is clever, you can let the characters tease and hang around the outside of the subject and this is what keeps the interest up. Once you get down to business, the story "loses its virginity" and goes all out, represented in the girl becoming vampire herself. After that point it's not possible to keep it up much longer, twilight spends a lot of time describing the teen longing, and then it quickly escalates and ends after her turning.

The vampire diaries does something similar, after the girl becomes a vampire she soon gets burned out as a character and ends up leaving the show. It turns into something else once that tension is gone, which shows this is what the vampire story is about.

Using the theme only for action can work too, underworld does this ok, but that's just a supernatural action, it's a super hero movie with vampire varnish sprayed over it.
>>
File: Vampire108.jpg (15KB, 490x442px)
Vampire108.jpg
15KB, 490x442px
>>18492542
Perhaps you are referring to creating vampires in a lab being difficult, obviously it is.

But don't worry, if we get a group going we could find scientists or maybe even make them from our people.

We need to brainstorm for this anyway, so it might as well be a light study group about vampirism.
>>
i can imagine that back in the day before mental health issues where understood you probably had some nut going around bitting people and drinking there blood. thats probably where the whole thing started and just spiralled out of control.
>>
^
Everybody, we have an attention whore trolling.

Congrats for being a dick.
>>
Anyone have info on the Temple of the Vampire?
What do you guys think about it?

http://templeofthevampire.com/
>>
>>18476219
Can vampires have autism?
>>
https://news.vice.com/article/scientists-confirm-vampires-were-onto-something
>>
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33290594-i-am-vampire?from_search=true
>>
>>18493364
You think I'm missing the point, but you put your finger right on it. A relationship between a human and a vampire is going to be short term. The human either gets turned or eaten, unless one of them dies before they get that far. Since the outcome is obvious from the beginning, even having it strikes me as contrived.

Underworld has a romance, too. Michael and Seline flirt for a space of what, three nights?

As for Twilight breaking the mold, at least for the first few books, it does. And it can be argued that the exceptions to the rule are the stories worth telling. But it's awfully convenient that Edward is exactly the necessary combination of traits for thing to not end immediately. In real life it would be called Fate, I'm going to call it lazy writing.

When I get into talking about Twilight I often end up talking about the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. It's a superior vampire boyfriend vs werewolf boyfriend love triangle. About the only reason Twilight is more popular is because the Anita Blake series turns into porn after like book five. Can't have teen girls reading OVERT SMUT in public. That would be a good name for a punk band, by the way.

Long story short, it goes about the same way. Anita kills vampires, she doesn't date them. Seriously, I think that's a paraphrase of a line out of at least one of the books. But after several books of sexual tension, the author gets over her discomfort with writing her self-insert in explicit sex scenes, and shortly after that they're half the book. Still well written, still interesting supernatural mystery novels, but the plot is an excuse of introduce new characters that Anita hasn't yet been physically intimate with.

Regardless of how natural and in-universe justified the progression was, Anita was still a better character in book one. Some of that is power level creep, though. A few drastic power-ups can maybe be justified, but eventually it gets absurd.
>>
>>18474383
>rabies

Has NO ONE in this thread read this theory? It makes so much sense I can't believe anyone is suspending disbelief or humoring posts outside of RPers.

http://newswise.com/articles/rabies-an-explanation-for-the-vampire-legend

It gets everything, even stereotypical weaknesses, down pat
>>
>>18493809

They make you pay $200 for a bunch of PDF files. Not saying it isn't legit, but still. They're the reincarnation type vampires so they don't really believe in any type of supernatural traits apart from the undead gods and that their souls are immortal while human souls are not.

I have all of the files but they're being picky about copyright, sharing them would be risky, there's some nasty energy over it so there could really be some occult protection on their stuff. They also say you have to be a member or the rituals and stuff won't work, so either way you have to pay up.
>>
>>18494869
>Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton.

My local fantasy book store has them but I'm hesitant to start reading a series thats currently 25 books long. I may check it out I suppose.

>A relationship between a human and a vampire is going to be short term. The human either gets turned or eaten, unless one of them dies before they get that far. Since the outcome is obvious from the beginning, even having it strikes me as contrived.

If you've followed vampire diaries this show really sums that up by going down to a really mediocre end. Season 8 has most of the main characters already dead or removed, the initial love triangle is long since gone, they end up with nothing. The final theme is what they've been dodging all along - vampires are evil and hell is real. Kind of a boring back to reality turn but it's needed, a story with no morals at all wouldn't feel right.

The best scene in the series in my opinion is Elena puking blood in the church basement after turning. It's strangely liberating but is also the moment when her character loses all the thrill, it has to exist as the peak of her role but it also kills her, metaphorically.
>>
The only acceptable kind of vampire.
>>
>>18495311
Of course we're aware of it. Although rabies is likely mentioned here more as a well known bite-transmitted disease than anything else.

It's as plausible as any other of the theories, but it's less perfect than you seem to think, because like all the other explanations it's a superficial dismissal.

As always, these sorts of articles only mention the bits that agree. Think about it bit and you'll find some holes in its coverage.

How are garlic and mirrors (and let's say daylight) distinct from other stimuli? I don't recall mention of vampires being repelled by frying bacon or accordion music. I suppose rabies makes holy water burn you? Does the limbic system have much to do with OCD (rice counting)? With having to ask permission before entering a dwelling? With returning to the same victim night after night until they die (as opposed to anybody within reach)?

The doctor mentions hypersexuality, but not superhuman strength or resilience. Although my experience of pain suggests that you can pretty much ignore anything that doesn't hurt worse than you're already hurting.

I don't recall hearing of vampires as having spasmodic shakes, but that's a late-stage rabies symptom.

Does rabies adequately explain symptoms of non-European varieties of vampire, such as the rigid limbs of the Jiangshi? Or do you want to call that a zombie?

Again, I'm not saying it's not a possible explanation. Just that it's not a complete and tidy one. Real life rarely works that way.

Has it occurred to you that ANY disease damaging the limbic system would cause similar behavioral changes? What if vampirism was a separate disease that caused a short coma during which certain specific types of brain damage tended to occur? How would this illness not be known to modern medical science? Easily, if it went extinct or requires a secondary condition to manifest.
>>
>>18495366
I haven't seen a single episode of Vampire Diaries. I'm not looking for romances, remember. I was reading the Anita Blake books for supernatural mysteries. I would've started just about the time things began to turn unpleasantly steamy. In other words, it wasn't erotica yet. I'm trying to spare others that surprise. Which I've just realized probably stopped being necessary about half a decade ago.

Hamilton genuinely writes well. Great basic concepts, good plots, good characters, believable development. If she'd stopped at "mature content" that would've been entirely appropriate. But for some reason going full-on porno is what she wanted. Feminism Kool-aid, maybe. I recall, in particular, a MMMF scene with two vampires and a werewolf. That's a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, I got attached to the characters, so I read up to book thirteen or so, which is several installments past where I should've called it quits.

I just looked up Vampire Diaries on wikipedia quick.
>You look like my dead girlfriend. This is surely destiny. Maybe you're her reincarnation or something.
Am I calling that right? And this seemed like a good idea? You sat through eight seasons of that and enjoyed most of it? I mean, it can't be more soap-opera-y than Dark Shadows, but it just doesn't seem to be up my alley.
>>
bet i could kick some vampire ass hmu where you at nightstalkers
>>
>>18495565

Vampire diaries starts off with a love triangle thing, referencing it back to events in the 1800s, including the civial war.

It's not that the main drama is that interesting in itself, it's the storytelling and the way it's presented. It's basically old school theatre play a lot of the time, clearly spoken english in a historic environment.

What kept me watching a lot of the time was a feeling of being moderately annoyed rather then anything else. Every single character turns out being assholes and siding with any of them is useless. It's more the way the plot evolves, the writers have admitted to writing it to create "omg moments" and it works pretty good.
>>
>>18487354
he was likely talking about Jacqueline du Pré, since he also mentions in a later post about a rockerfeller that to be turned you would have to be pronounced dead and live in the shadows, at the same time he made out like the cello player had an illness and needed to be saved, which du pre did as she had multiple schlerosis
>>
I know this one dude and I think he's a vampire. One of the energy sucking kind not the blood sucking kind.

This dude sold and shot up a lot of methamphetamine and the more he would do, the more his vampiric qualities would come about.

I don't think he became that way by choice.

But the more you'd hang around him, the more you felt like shit and wanted to die, however he would never do anything to cause those thoughs, and I do not think it's a simple case of possession.
>>
File: VHD01.jpg (70KB, 685x460px)
VHD01.jpg
70KB, 685x460px
Here is a good story set in the future. Is called Vampire Hunter D, main character is a dhampir and vampire hunter living in a post-apocalyptic world which at the same time portraits classical vampires.

Watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQ2KPMVy8M

Is a very refreshing view on the vampire world and what would be if vampires lived in our world but didn't revealed themselves until the Armageddon. The lore is massive, the history behind the novel on which is based has many myths on which always there is a central figure of one vampire that existed before the current events (and possibly the father of the main character), and this battles many demons and maybe even a monster resembling Cthulhu.

The world on which D, the main character lives, is full of creatures, both fantastic and born with technology. Ghosts, werewolves, mutants, robots. And even the vampire tech, with gothic touches, is immensely powerful and beautiful.

The story itself is captivating, the lives of mercenaries in the middle of an unholy romance, each doing their part, trying the best to win but ultimately only one side can prevail.

You may say is far fetched, but imho it worked perfectly.
>>
File: 09.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px)
09.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>18496706
Where do you think you are bro? Are you going to recommend us Angel and Forever Knight next? Vampire Hunter D is like one of the most famous vampire franchises of all time
>>
>>18496734
Good point, needs more love on /x/ thou.
>>
>>18496741
it's fun, still suffers from the manga/anime curse of characters who are ridiculously overpowered. like the werewolf servant in the first book literally runs so fast he breaks the sound barrier then D still outmanouvers him effortlessly.
or fucking hellsing, where Alucard could single handedly destroy the United States military
>>
>>18496760
Dem true, japanese have a good imagination but the lack of bounds is whack.

There was this anime called Trinity Blood, main character is a vampire that feeds upon vampires. Shame, series started with a vampire soldier fighting a fully armored human in exo suit, went downhill from then.
>>
>>18485270
>other half would like to hunt your half
No. I'm just going enter a deal with some cryptic Polish guys and let them turn my son into a monster slayer through shady black magic mutations and let him go after them.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.