[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was told to post this here. They said you guys could help me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13

File: 1478650072691.jpg (968KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1478650072691.jpg
968KB, 1280x1707px
I was told to post this here. They said you guys could help me.

My head is always full of noise and I don't know how to make it stop.

Sometimes it is weird cartoonish sound effects.

Sometimes it's weird made up music that keeps shifting in pitch and fading in and out really fast and sounds like some kind of bizarre fucked up circus music. Sometimes it is a song I heard and it is often distorted or choppy or changed in some way.

Sometimes it's this weird narrator voice in my head that I don't feel like I conciously control. It narrates everything that is happening often in the third person like a novel.

Sometimes it is an angry voice yelling and swearing.

Sometimes it is made up conversations in my head.

Sometimes it is a jumble of words that make no sense.

It is exhausting. I just want some peace and quiet.

Usually it's a mixture of many or all of these at once.

I don't think it is a hallucination per se. It doesn't sound like I am physically hearing it with my ears. I know it's in my head.

Is this normal? Is everyone's mind like this
>>
>I was told to post this here.
you're lying
>>
schizophrenia maybe?
>>
>>18473614
I posted on /r9k/ and they said to ask you guys because you have a lot of schizophrenic people here.

But I don't think I'm actually schizophrenic.

Like I said, I know I'm not physically hearing the sounds. It all sounds in my head. It's not like a hallucination.
>>
I've had that when tired. Exploding head syndrome, I think.
>>
>>18473634
No I don't think that's what it is. It's not loud sounds like that, and it's all the time, not just when I'm tired. And it also doesn't sound like a physical noise in my ears. It's in my mind.
>>
>>18473652
maybe a some kind of maladaptive daydreaming?
>>
>>18473670
Alpha waves, during daytime, look it up.
>>
>>18473606
I want to fuck up my mind and live in a deep dark well.

ewoeoeoeoewoorowoewoweorow
>>
>>18473606
You can control it. Try smoking some weed if legal in your area. Or stop smoking too much of it, ha. Or, occupy your mind with other thoughts. Exercise and drink more water, you lunatic.
>>
>>18473690
>Try smoking some weed

I don't smoke weed anymore. When I did, it made it even worse.

I do exercise and drink lots of water. In fact one time I drank too much water and made myself really sick.
>>
>>18473673
what?
>>
you're schizo faggot
take the pills
>>
>>18473606
what have you learned from these experiences OP?

is this an internal monologue
do you have control over these voices?
can you interact with them in any way?

does schizophrenia run in your family?
>>
>>18473698

>When I did, it made it even worse

Schizophrenia confirmed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_and_psychosis
>>
>>18473698
Yeah, maybe you.should get your head straight mate. It can be turned off. You have to turn the switches in your own brain. Medicine helps but you have to mentally and physically do it. Hard to explain.
>>
>>18473710
>do you have control over these voices?
No not really. They are just there most of the time.

>can you interact with them in any way?
No. It doesn't feel personalized like that. It feels more like audio from a TV or something except it's in my head. I'm not sure if that really does it justice but it's hard to explain.

>does schizophrenia run in your family?
Not as far as I know.
>>
>>18473713
But the problem was already there before I ever smoked. It's just that whenever I got high, the problem was amplified.
>>
>>18473728
Maybe too many radio waves bouncing off your dental fillings?
>>
>>18473731
I don't have dental fillings and the stuff I hear would be an extremely bizarre and surreal radio show.
>>
>>18473725
i suggest you take note of your surroundings when this happens, and your current emotional state immediatly before these things happen

I suggest you keep a journal and write down these experiences, and record what was going on externally and internally before you heard the voices.

try to keep up to date with it and review it every 3-6 months or so to gain further insight.

when these voices start commanding you to do things or start attacking you in some way. then you need to seek professional help. either by way of priest or spiritual leader or therapist/psychologist/doctor.

there maybe a support group
Hearing Voices and extreme states support groups might not be superfluous but they do exist.
>>
>>18473736
Were you abused as a child?
>>
>>18473753
If this is schizophrenia will it get worse as I get older? I'm early 20s right now
>>
>>18473764
Any head trauma?
>>
>>18473755
I don't know.

My dad would hit me sometimes if I made him angry. He would call me stuff like worthless or stupid sometimes.

My older brother was always mean to me.
>>
>>18473606
Try talking to a psychiatrist anon, they want to help you get better.
>>
I've noticed people who have had head trauma have anger issues. Myself included.
>>
>>18473764
current antipsychotics on the market have been greatly improved compared to previous drugs.

that being said the drugs do still take a toll on the liver and kidneys over the years.

but schizophrenia is easily manageable as long as you are mindful, have supports like groups, friends, and family to help you, people you can trust is very important, becuase paranoia will make enemies of strangers often.

By having a modicum of awareness and focus, and having a set plan and well developed coping skills schizophrenia isn't a horrible thing.

there is much novelty and creativity in madness.

just rememeber you aren't a schizophrenic, you are a human being who deals with schizophrenic symptoms.

and diagnoses by doctors are only useful to billing
>>
>>18473771
I had a concussion about a year ago but as I said this problem has been going on for as long as I can remember.

That's another reason I'm not sure if it's schizophrena. Doesn't that usually start in early 20s? This has been going on since I was a kid. Although I think it has gotten worse over the last few years.
>>
Okay well you should stop listening to your friend because he's obviously fucking with you if he sent you here instead of a doctor

Schizophrenia isn't paranormal and you should seek psychiatric help as soon as possible

Any other explanations for your condition are roleplayers or trolls trying to drive you to madness
>>
>>18473802
But how do you know it's schizophrenia
>>
>>18473802
Where's your credentials doc? It would be unwise to diagnose someone with something with having proper identification.
>>
>>18473810
*without having proper identification
>>
>>18473804
>>18473810
What he described is quite literally textbook schizophrenia

If you can find any better explanation for his condition that isn't made up bullshit to scare people, please do
>>
>>18473764
>>18473785
schizophrenia first onset commonly happens around 18-24

but children do get diagnosed with it

schizophrenia gets as worse as you let it.

it depends on how "tricky,sly" you madness is and how much you buy into your madness.

to date, I have never been knowingly dissociated no matter how much booze, or acid, or shrooms I have taken. I boy have I tried.
so its pretty easy to not buy into your madness as long as you are aware.
Though when you don't buy into it it tries to change into something else.
Thats when the paranoia sets in.

you really just have to realize that these are just demons of the mind.

now as far as prognosis.
most hardships from schizophrenics and survivabililty comes from environmental factors.
as schizophrenics are most vulnerable to being homeless and exploited. not to mention drug addiction

There is a biological component to schizophrenia, but it a mechanism of pathways and complex interactions with neurochemicals.

schizophrenia could eventually develop into
dementia but that probably wont happen till you are 60 or 70 if it even gets to that by then.
maybe parkinsons or maybe alzheimers.

I think they think schizophrenia is related to GABA transmitter it think , which is why people treated with old school schizophrenia meds ended up with a certain kind of shuffle, and certain dyskenesias.

don't fret about it man. This is only as a big as you make it.
Approach things calmly and try to [ut a plan in place and talk about it with close people you can trust.
>>
>>18473819
The human mind is more than, this type of another. Especially during the current year. But I digress. One can have multiple symptoms of multiple conditions, which would make it unique. Not just schizophrenia.
>>
OP, please do not take the advice of the people here telling you to get on medication. It's not a life worth living, that zombified state. You can control your mind through meditation and spiritualism. Spend time away from electronics, spend time away from the internet, spend time away from people. Do what you need to do, but do not take the pills, please.
>>
>>18473606
You just have attentionwhorism
>>
>>18473829
biggest issue for schizophrenics?

staying on a regular medication regimen.
>>
>>18473840
What does that have to do with anything? Antipsychotics are fucking evil man.
>>
File: 1475967481501.png (741KB, 713x625px) Image search: [Google]
1475967481501.png
741KB, 713x625px
>>18473829
I was homeless for about two months. I lived in the woods far away from people and technology and stuff like that.

All the noise in my mind was still very much there and I was in a very dark place mentally speaking. It was not a good time.
>>
>>18473828
What the fuck

Why would you say that to someone who is experiencing schizophrenic symptoms? If he can go seek help for an actual diagnosis that his symptoms are almost identical to, why would you suggest that he does otherwise?

Are you against people getting help or are you just refusing to break character in autistic RP?
>>
>>18473851
they aren't evil
they have been up until recently very "risky"

but for a person with persistant delusions of having a ghost rape them constantly, or persecutory vioces contantly yelling at them that they suck and are worthless and should just die and should punch that person in the face.
Even if you meditate, even if you calm you self. You can't not stop hearing the voices.
The one thing that makes the voices go away are the medication.
Though medication can be resisted against like a drug user gains resistances to their drug.

But for the poeple that need these medications to quite their voices so they can do normal stuff instead of staying in their room and looking out a window while some spectre in you mind is tormenting you, it is very important to maintain a regular medication schedule, like down to the hour of administration almost.
>>
>>18473863
Does that make you angry?
>>
>>18473728
It's Psychosis. I get it rarely, but I get it. Mine manifests more visually tho. I'm aware it's abnormal and aware that it is psychosis, so I modify my behaviour and patterns to minimize bullshit until it passes. Other times I'm relatively normal, but switch between 2 personalities/outlooks - one is very chaos oriented/appreciative and enjoy indulging in absurdist behaviour and deconstruction of social norms - the other is very authoritarian and critical of degeneracy, hate show-offs and deviation from productive society.

It's weird and internalized, for the most part.

Also history of drugs and depression in past.
>>
Honestly I think it's normal. That's why we meditate, to calm the mind. Just means you have a strong imagination trying to work overdrive. Half these fuckers don't understand schizophrenia at all.
>>
>>18473867
No you just sound retarded

OP is putting a concerning amount of effort into listening to /x/ so he could be bullshitting for all I know but giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he is experiencing schizophrenia, that is just an incredibly stupid thing to say to him
>>
File: 1482713140572.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1482713140572.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
>>18473868
My experience seems to be different from yours.

>Other times I'm relatively normal, but switch between 2 personalities/outlooks - one is very chaos oriented/appreciative and enjoy indulging in absurdist behaviour and deconstruction of social norms - the other is very authoritarian and critical of degeneracy, hate show-offs and deviation from productive society.

I have those two extremes in my own personality as well. But that's a part of my personality and it's me.

The voices in my head, on the other hand, feel separate from me. They don't seem like a part of my own identity. They don't even seem like they are speaking to me personally. It feels more like some sort of weird radio program in my head.
>>
>>18473864
This lass right here.
>>
File: I.png (4KB, 160x113px) Image search: [Google]
I.png
4KB, 160x113px
>>18473606
You sound like you have an attention deficit compounded by an overactive imagination in obsessive compulsive disorder. The angry, yelling internal monologue and musical pseudo-hallucinations are both implicative symptoms.

You are probably not using your auditory memory enough, so your brain is overactive in repose. Practice music and public speaking as a beneficial hobby. Some of the dimensions of your conditions are normal enough, so I think you would do best by regularly seeing a psychotherapist.

You should also include more raw, leafy green vegetables in your diet, like kale or romaine lettuce. Hemp seeds could also help you. When Marinol was being prescribed off-label for ADHD, it was mostly for people like you.
>>18473698
Do not use any psychoactive substance without a psychiatric prescription.

>But the problem was already there before I ever smoked. It's just that whenever I got high, the problem was amplified.

If you are in a location where there is lawful and safe cannabis access, then you might want to talk to your psychiatrist about using the antipsychotic CBD.

I do not think you should become dependent on any medication, because you claim not to be psychotic.
>>
File: 1397574911924.jpg (251KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1397574911924.jpg
251KB, 1200x800px
>>18473864
>but for a person with persistant delusions of having a ghost rape them constantly, or persecutory vioces contantly yelling at them that they suck and are worthless and should just die and should punch that person in the face.

That's not exactly what it's like for me though. The voices in my head don't seem malicious. More than anything else they just sound erratic and confused and it's often a nonsensical word salad.

And as I said, they don't seem to be speaking to me personally. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with me except when it's the narrator voice. Most of the time it is completely separate from me.
>>
>>18473875
>>18473868

something about this kind of reminds me about how people used to dream in the 50's and 60's when black and white tv was around.

I think there was something about people who watched a lot of TV ended up dreaming in balck and white.

Im not saying you listen to alot of radio.
but it could be related to the types of information you are exposed to and how you internalize it.

After working in the industry for a bit theres a small inclination that makes me think that it could be that you process information differently.

Or the cognitive dissonance between your internal thoughts and who you perceive yourself to be that to even believe that you could think of something like that would be impossible, so you blame it some some demon spirit possession or a message from god or a different personality.

humanity often has trouble with contradictions and paradoxes at least in the western tradition.
And when we encounter them we come up with some wacky or alternative explanations. If that doesn't work we have to comparmentalize our lives.
There was some philosopher I think he talked about it when talking about religion and science. But he said that theres times when we need to put on the religion hat and theres other times we put on the science hat. While they both serve their purpose, there is certain danger in compartmentalizing your life and keeping things seperate or exclusive from each other.
>>
File: 1482847910323.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1482847910323.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>18473886
But what is the reasoning for the word salad and the confused, nonsensical sentences in my head
>>
>>18473874
Oh, so you believe I have a mental disability as well?
>>
File: Aye.png (16KB, 160x113px) Image search: [Google]
Aye.png
16KB, 160x113px
>>18473890
sensory auditory deprivation
>>
>>18473892
Yea
>>
>>18473881
so you can't really talk to them
and you can't really understand them

if its been going on since childhood, maybe you just have some crossed wires
kinda like synesthesia like your internal monologue pathways in your brain have maybe some crossed wires in auditory pathway.

could be some sort of weird auditory epilepsy.

are the voices at the same volume?
do they sound distant like far away or does it sound like they are next to our ear?

you probabaly wont know for sure until you go through extensive and expensive testing

just know that when they get malicious, i.e. verbally abusing you, or telling you to do harm you need to
1) not believe your voices, they are lies
2)seek help by looking to your parent,guru,doctor,professional or someone you can trust.
>>
File: ArchangelRaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg (24KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
ArchangelRaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg
24KB, 480x240px
>>18473901
I should add an addendum attribution:

The clinical spectrum of musical hallucinations
Evers, Stefan et al.
Journal of the Neurological Sciences , Volume 227 , Issue 1 , 55 - 65
>>
>>18473890
while I have never heard about someone hallucinating "word salad"

"word salad" is a very common conversational behaviour found with people dealing with schizophrenia, or other schizotypal disorders.
>>
File: 1482102146830.jpg (124KB, 548x593px) Image search: [Google]
1482102146830.jpg
124KB, 548x593px
>>18473606
OP here. There is one other thing that I forgot to mention. This is probably the biggest one.

Whenever I talk to someone, I keep hearing the thing I said repeat in my head over and over, and sometimes it changes in pitch and turns into this kind of autotune robot voice. It keeps getting higher pitched until eventually it just turns into one long electronic humming sound.

I also sometimes associate sounds with colors and textures.
>>
>>18473910
That sounds more like auditory charles-bonnet syndrome because you have a ringing in your ears that progresses to tinnitus.

Could you tell us how you use your ears on an everyday basis?
>>
>>18473926
But I don't have physical tinnitus. It's just in my head.

>Could you tell us how you use your ears on an everyday basis?

I don't know. Like everyone else I guess. I like to listen to music with headphones.
>>
>>18473903
How about you pay me this time doc?
>>
>>18473947
>But I don't have physical tinnitus. It's just in my head.

There is not a meaningful distinction in this context.

>I like to listen to music with headphones.

You should ditch the headphones whenever possible. Try to pick a more sonorous genre of music, also.

I want to reiterate my advice about playing music or practicing speech.
>>
>>18473966
>Try to pick a more sonorous genre of music, also.

What does that mean? Give me an example

I listen to lots of different genres
>>
>>18473975
Los lobos
>>
>>18473975
Less metal or electronic, more classical and world.
>>
>>18473992
Why though? Explain your reasoning.

I listen to all of those.
>>
>>18473975
Keep the volume to a minimum, also.

Avoid minor keys , odd time signatures, and half-intonation.
>>
>help me I have mental problems
>you probably have this
>no he probably has this
>nah cant be it
>you should do this
>no he should do this instead
>hmm maybe

could an /x/ thread be anymore fucking tedious and ridiculous?

I am assuming most of this shit is rp anyways because I can't imagine this many people with extremely rare, mind altering conditions bickering about it on /x/

Do you know how uncommon Charles Bonnet Syndrome is? Somewhere below 1% of people have it and they are usually elderly. Auditory Charles Bonnet Syndrome? Even more obscure.

Please someone /thread this already because everyone is without a doubt bullshitting here
>>
>>18473999
Musical harmony is mnemonic, and your auditory memory atrophies further unless it is being reinforced. The more important part is playing music or practicing speech.
>>
>>18474008
I am OP and I am being completely genuine but I suspect some people in this thread are full of shit especially >>18473999
>>
>>18474016
I meant to say >>18474005
>>
>>18474008
If you do not understand that paranormal involves the parapsychological, then maybe you would enjoy yourself better elsewhere.
>>
>>18474019
If you want to argue with me about something, feel free.
>>
>>18474023
I didn't say anything about that but if people are gonna throw around near impossible diagnoses to several individuals in the same thread, you should be prepared for someone to call it out as complete bullshit

I would actually be willing to believe the guy is possessed by a demon before believing that anyone in this thread has "Auditory Charles Bonnet Syndrome" or some of the other absurd shit people are talking about
>>
>>18474008
should also note that there are alot of psychological conditions that shares the symptom of auditory hallucinations, or hallucinations in general.

servere depression
bipolar

and some legit biological maladies have that as well, like heavy metal poisoning, and some types of viral and bacterial infection.

OP please realize that anons are a poor substitute for professional/qualified help
and support.
>>
>>18474040
If you want to believe in demons strictly as something other than rare neuropsychological conditions, then you have an aberrant standard for what qualifies as 'complete bullshit'.
>>
>>18474048
It was a joke
I'm saying that your diagnosis is just extremely unlikely, like much of this thread
>>
>>18474051
What etymology do you ascribe to the word "para-normal"? It means unlikely, but within some normal distribution.
>>
>>18474054
I think that someone seeking mental help on /x/ is not going to reliable answers because of the nature of the board

Many of these diagnoses are forcing themselves into the "para-normal" spectrum but like >>18474047 said, there are a lot of simpler answers that are being skipped over because they are not as dramatic for the thread, hence the term "Roleplaying"
>>
>>18474077
>I think that someone seeking mental help on /x/ is not going to reliable answers because of the nature of the board

That sounds like an idea which would only affect OP.

>Many of these diagnoses are forcing themselves into the "para-normal" spectrum but like >>18474047 said, there are a lot of simpler answers that are being skipped over because they are not as dramatic for the thread, hence the term "Roleplaying"

Which edition of the DSM are you using?
>>
You're a Schizophrenic. Seek a psychiatrist.
>>
>>18474092

>Which edition of the DSM are you using?

The one that isn't for roleplaying

I'd like to know which edition you're using if you can diagnosis someone with Charles Bonnet syndrome while knowing virtually nothing about them outside of their 'hallucinations'
>>
>>18474106
>The one that isn't for roleplaying

Since when were any of those books for roleplaying?

>Charles Bonnet syndrome while knowing virtually nothing about them outside of their 'hallucinations'

You might not have acknowledged every criterion.
>>
>>18474077
kinda feel sad for OP since no one is really talking about any of the spiritual aspects of his experience or trying to explain them as such.

he could be looking or some sort of divine or spiritual purpose of his experiences.
maybe he's hoping that his madness is divinely inspired.

OP I feel abit bad about entertaining any sort of delusion, if it be in fact a delusion.
especially when its a delusion attached to a person whois desperate for help and answers and would turn to an anonymous image board notorious for school shooters, trolls, loosers and memes for help.

but they say that children often are able to experience the supernatural/paranormal because their psyches have not been molded by society and hasn't been exposed to the artificial vibrations and waves as long as we have been.

and if you said these experiences started as a child then there may very well some sort of mystical, higher purpose, or paranormal component to your experiences.

if you choose to take this semantic path then here are some suggestions

1) consider semiotics, jungian archetypes, and psychoanalytic associations to decipher meaning to your expierences

2)do not let your madness control you, use your madness like a tool that must be constantly tended to.

3) do not trust violent voices or voices that endorse harm.

4)don't be an asshole
>>
>>18473629
>But I don't think I'm actually schizophrenic.
>Like I said, I know I'm not physically hearing the sounds. It all sounds in my head. It's not like a hallucination.

>laughing lizard.jpeg

It is actually an advanced case too. Doctor, asap tomorrow morning op.
>>
>>18473606
Just go to shrink
Fuck why is everyone scared of doctors
>>
>>18473606
This is schizophrenia (broadly). Seek help man.
>>
File: 1482601428562.png (694KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482601428562.png
694KB, 1024x768px
>>18473966
Why is there no distinction between thoughts in your head and auditory hallucinations that sound like you are physically hearing them with your ears

That's a big difference
>>
File: Mutuarchetype.png (559KB, 487x522px) Image search: [Google]
Mutuarchetype.png
559KB, 487x522px
>>18474241
Tinnitus is a physiological condition.
>>
>>18473606
you're an evolving super hero, accept your power and you'll be able to control, this happened to me i learned to accept my massive cock
>>
>>18474300
Which I don't have. Like I said, I don't physically hear it with my ears. I "hear" it in my head.
>>
>used to have auditory hallucinations as a kid
>they stopped around the age of 8 and haven't come back since
I hope to fuck this isn't a sign of latent schizophrenia
>>
If you aren't being an RP faggot
Just got to a doc if you have the means
since you are younger it's probably easier since someone has insurance for you or if you're at school you can go as well

Just don't self diagnose or get a diagnosis from randumbs on the internet because it's a bad idea
Psychosis is a bitch and the best thing to do is not feed your worries but do something about it

Schizo is extremely rare and many other things can cause psychosis that are temporary

however don't take my advice
talk to a doc like many have said

also if you are RPing you can suck my lil dick
>>
>>18474371
>I "hear" it in my head.
Tinnitus takes place in your head, anatomically speaking. It is technically a brain disorder.
>>
Its not schizophrenia. Everything made of waves. You just learning to listen to the ripples. If you practice you will be able to look inside other people.
>>
>>18473825
I smoked weed at the ripe age of 19 and tried to reason with my own inner voice

I think that's where I really devolved and fell off the deep end

Should I just abandon the idea that my inner voice or insight has any value at all, and just focus on being a simple animal?
>>
>>18473606
I used to have the voice of a woman in my head that would scream at me. From time to time I also get voices that "yell" the things I think back at me. But very rarely. What helped me with this was meditating, and really loud music.
>>
>>18473606
My head used to be like this when I was really young but it subsided.
>>
Bunch of loonies.
>>
>>18476031
*bunch of roleplayers
>>
>>18476089
Exactly, bunch o loonies. Son of a hundred maniacs.
>>
>>18473606
It's probably a mix of active imagination, tinnitus-symptom, and lack of focus/immersion into your environment/tasks.
Get a job. Or play music. Or learn how to live with it.

I get that narration sometimes. I just roll with it an immerse myself in what is around me to ignore it.
>>
>>18476522
Also, you may benefit from the simplest meditation practice: quiet-mind meditation.
>>
There's a couple of scenarios here:
A. You're role-playing, in which case, Fuck You.
B. You're schizophrenic, and in this case, get some help from a doctor and not a bunch of idiots on /x/.
>>
I used to hear voices in my head, but not anymore. It took alot of meditAtion. I focused on the voices and accepted them. Turns out they were reflections of things my abusive mother and sister said to me.
>>
listen to music, get into music such as song writing and creAting something on a keyboard or synthesizer, work graveyard shifts so you don't get any proper "night time sleep". was the only thing that cured me of a noisy brain.
>>
>>18473606
Sit in as much silence as you can attain, and listen to your deep breathing for 30 minutes a day.

It's also known to some as meditation
>>
>>18473878
This 100%. High intelligence and ADD can drive you mad if treated.

I have noise in my head. I can make it stop but I get distracted and it returns. Concerta fixes it.
>>
>>18478188
If you're not a shill, you're a sad product of a mediated society. Concerta is literally cocaine but extended release.
>>
For most people the idea of introspectively dealing with their internal cognitive processes is so foreign that they quickly resort to accusations of role playing to save themselves from exposure to dialogue coming from persons who do not share their myopic blindered view of the world. Others here are such victims of the Frankfurt school that they just as quickly rush to suckle medications from their nanny state.

This idea of the awareness of the internal mind is uncharted terrain for many people. Their are many valid perspectives and considerations that do not require one to turn to outside help for insight. Many monastic personages have made their way through these notions. As the modern efforts to chart the brain advance we will see more clearly how these auditory images are formed. While it can be viewed through several equally valid perspectives you can endeavor to develop your cognitive perception to finally cause the dismissal of this cognitive illusion. Too bad I have to go work, Op, you have a clear and lucid view of your own mental structure that most of the readers here have no concept of.
>>
I honestly have no idea if you're still here, op. But on the off-chance, here's my opinion.

What you've described sounds like a mundane psychological or medical phenomena. This was actually a very bad board to send you to, because for the most part, you're going to have people deciding on what your issues are, and what course of action you should take, based on their own biases. And the divide is -very- sharp here.

The information you've provided suggests that you are actively concerned by what you are experiencing. You've explained how it seems to be coming from in your head, and not the outside world, how it's seemingly random and how as far as you can tell, are lucid about all this, and how its been this way all your life. And I could probably come up with a guess or two, and I'd argue with a number of the ones that have been posted here.

But I won't. Because I am not a doctor, and I have never met you in person, cannot do any kind of tests, and I have no way to diagnose you in any valid sense whatsoever.

What you should do, op, is write down everything you can think of about your situation - like you've told us, how you've had it all your life, whether there are circumstances that have ever chanced severity/content, etc. Make notes for yourself - and then see a doctor. Bring the notes with you, as it will ease remembering what you need to tell them, because they will likely ask many questions, and if there's something they don't ask about, this will prompt you.

There is a huge sliding scale when it comes to quality treatment, so don't get discouraged. A second is an opinion everyone should have a right to, and doctor's are human beings like everyone else. But ultimately, they DO know more than anyone on an anonymous image board can be trusted to, and they can help you narrow things down far more efficiently because they can act in concert with your full knowledge of yourself. It's also an infinity better idea than trying to self-diagnose.
>>
op, my husband is schizophrenic, get a st benedict medal, and respiradol asap. mental illness isn't a joke.
>>
>>18479489

It may turn out that no one ever turns up anything that you agree with, or give you a solution you feel comfortable pursuing. And that's fine. You don't have to do something you don't want to, and you can always switch doctors, unless you're really, really screwed and in an area with virtually none, or if you're broke. And even then, there are still options you might not have heard of, to make things easier on you to proceed.

Ultimately, it's prudent to rule out whether or not there is anything it would be a good idea for you to know about having, even if it doesn't actively -bother- you. In other words, you may not have a problem per say - you may be asking out of curiosity rather than it making your life difficult or causing you suffering. But if it turned out you had a valid medical issue, it would likely be a good thing to know about, either so you can treat it, or so you can be aware if it comes with any risks (for example, avoiding certain chemical substances or procedures) and planning accordingly.
>>
Could any kind anon buy me a game on steam?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/651716728/wishlist/
>>
File: 1466457432397.jpg (306KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
1466457432397.jpg
306KB, 600x466px
ur schizo
i'm schizo
that's how i know ur schizo
>>
>>18478267
Thanks anon
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.