[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the I Ching? Been using it to guide my ways in life,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: knowledge-iching-synaptic-full.gif (280KB, 1600x1602px) Image search: [Google]
knowledge-iching-synaptic-full.gif
280KB, 1600x1602px
Thoughts on the I Ching?

Been using it to guide my ways in life, it is always far more specific than any star alignments or any of that nonsense
>>
>>18473026
it's hands down the most accurate divination system for a novice. Star signs are still the best for the big changes like the end of the world and stuff but only the i ching tells you if things will stay the same or change and how they will change. The one thing that tarot has working against it is you can only have a single card in each place. Like if you have the death card it can only be in past, present, or future. That assumes that one's past, present, and future are differen which is not always the case. It's a subpar divination method most of the time.
>>
>>18473026
its just another tarot
another tool
to tell you story
a talisman
to focus your belief.

a veil of patterns to make sense of chaos
>>
What is the I Ching?
>>
OP here

I ask it such specific things, and it comes back with details on WHAT I'm doing.

Question: How do I continue on my path so that I succeed?
Answer: New ventures always pack along their inherent chaos.
Though this is an annoyance at best, and can even imperil or downright doom an endeavor, it is also the friction needed to polish your project to jewel brilliance.
Learn from these early obstacles.

I'm working on an early stage video game, huge project, backers are looking at me, and it sums it all up so well
>>
>>18473061
its like the kabalah but more about the movements in nature than spiritual world.

its a set of symbols thats attached to a set of elegant poems.
>>
What kind of coin do you use, OP?
>>
>>18473161
I am new to it so I use the online version..
>>
>>18473314
Link please?
>>
>>18473322
http://www.ichingonline.net
>>
>>18473323
Interesting. I'm not sure I'm interpreting it all right though.
>>
>>18473387
There is a "how to" on the website.

It's sort of counter-intuitive. It wants you to be extremely specific, rather than vague. Go through the how-to
>>
>>18473451
I skimmed it. Still seems like a lot of this is very open to interpretation.
>>
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (139KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
139KB, 400x389px
I asked "How should I go about finding a girlfriend?"

I got this:

>Wei chi/The end in sight
>Fire ascends above the Water:
>The Superior Person examines the nature of things and keeps each in its proper place.

>Too anxious the young fox gets his tail wet, just as he completes his crossing.
>To attain success, be like the man and not like the fox.

So, basically, stay how I am. Damn it.
>>
Ha, I got the I Ching from my aunt a year ago. I read through a lot of it, but I didn't ever do any divination. Maybe I should look back into it.
>>
i ching, you ching, we all ching chong.
>>
>>18474319
Damn, pretty in depth though. I've always bawked at the I Ching, thinking tarot or astrology was better. Sounds worth pursuing. You should do some readings on Divination. I would definitely be interested
>>
>>18473323

I asked "How can I expand my dong?" and got the exagram 46 "ascension"

Makes sense haha
>>
>>18474966

The Chinese have been asking the I Ching that for centuries. Such a beautiful and mysterious tradition.
>>
>>18473026

Whatever tool works op, no one way is 'best', they are all tools to tap into higher consciousness, they are not themselves higher consciousness. The tarot, I ching, numerology, astrology, are all tapping into the same source energy. The map is not the territory, the system you use to divine guidance is not the divine.

Not all tools work for everyone, it comes back to the person using it / their accuracy. I personally have great results with numerology / synchronicity, but can't scry for shit. Does that mean numerology is 'better'? No. It just means I respond better to numerology, that's all.
>>
>>18474319
I asked it the same thing.

"Continue on your path and you'll surely find success" uuhhhhhh okay maybe so
>>
>>18473323
Interesting, thank you anon.

According to this, I'll be alone for a while with a chance of partnership should I just interact more with people.

Shame too, I hate people.
>>
>>18474935
It's honestly the premiere divination system for non-clairvoyants.
>>
i love the i ching. it always helps me, even if what it tells me isn't what i want to hear. i have such a love for it, like a family member. i wish i could "click" with the tarot the way i do with the i ching, but it's harder for me. what really helped me when i started with the iching was learning which lines were most important in a reading as well as the rules about governing lines.
>>
>>18476979
Yeah, its weird. I only ever do readings for myself using the I Ching, even though I read tarot for other (with surprising accuracy). When I do tarot for myself, I never get accurate results, but I do with I Ching.
>>
>>18473026
Can someone give me a quick rundown on how the Iching system works?
Is it just a combination of permutations that each have meaning, or does it require 'magical spirituality' type feels?
>>
>>18473060
Yup
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.