[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand meditating. What is the point? To

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: kesse.jpg (60KB, 802x993px) Image search: [Google]
kesse.jpg
60KB, 802x993px
I don't understand meditating. What is the point? To not to think?
>>
>>18472381
Not all meditation is the same, or has the same goals.

In some the aim is to not think of anything, in some it is to think of one thing only, in others it is to think of everything.
>>
>>18472381
Mind can be many things, even bad things. You can use meditation to calm the mind or to stop the mind completely. You can use it to see beyond the mind and gasp realizations of your very nature of beign. Alternative states of consciousness can be reached and stuff like astral projection in deep meditative states.
>>
>>18472381
I'm really good at not thinking
>>
To gain clarity you quiet your mind. To empower your chakras you meditate on them. To dream of moot you take hrt and think of neko ears.
>>
detachment
>>
Calms the mind. It's helped me quite a bit with anxiety.
>>
>>18472381
You're thinking, but you're not thinking about the things you typically think about.
>>
The real point of meditating?
Its true purpose?

You have to dedicate your entire life to the present moment
Meditate for 4-5 hours every single day and chip away your ego until you can see each moment as it actually is

It is a very real and extremely personal understanding that the present moment, existence itself, is you.

You meditate to find the real you that is hiding under the millennia of made up concepts that you currently believe to be you
>>
>>18472381
Once you get going you'll notice lots of neat things. There's something there and it's probably not what you'd expect.
>>
>>18472911

Most people don't have 4 or 5 hours a day to meditate.

But 30 mins is a good start.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.