[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wake up /x/. This board has been infiltrated. It's been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

Wake up /x/. This board has been infiltrated. It's been going on for awhile. Active forum sliding. I can't figure out why yet. But I think something coordinated is going on.

There are several topics that are actively being used by forum sliders

>Antarctica
>Mandela effect
>flat earth
>random shitposts (appear serious enough to stay)

There are currently several threads that I think are involved.

>>18467715
>>18464226
>>18460046 (there were two other threads that day on the same topic that a mod cleverly deleted, so they may be onto this too)
>>18458508
>>18466874

Some characteristics I've noticed with the specific topic related posts are:

>similar wording
>several similar posts in quick succession
>consistent bumping in most cases

Well /x/ have we been infiltrated? Maybe Im a little paranoid?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>18468349

Shit OP your right. It would be horrible if a bunch of role players started trying to hide the threads of other role players.

Might be ghosts maybe were too close to figuring out who to call? I'd imagine it's some kind of buster?
>>
>>18468414
it's obvs not the role playing. something govt or conspiracy related that /x/ has stumbled onto? I havent seen anything that I think would warrant it but Im not here 24/7 and its possible Im wrong and just being paranoid too.
>>
nothing to add, but still interested

bump
>>
I think the main issue is all us faggots who frequent /x/ are just too damn paranoid in general. That's why we come here right?
>>
>>18468349

Random assholes on the internet being dicks and shitting on things for whatever motivations they deem acceptable for their actions. No real reason or grand plan, just shitty humans being shitty humans.
>>
OP here. If it is forum sliding there are ways to combat it. And there may be serious posters that suffer for a time because of it, at least within these.topics

>limit responses to suspected forum sliding
>use the sage feature
>report posts
>call out the forum slider

other ideas?
>>
>>18468420
we don't care about a bunch of teenage role players
nothing to see here
move along
>>
>>18468427
>>18468435
totally a possibility. just wanted to see what other /x/philes thought
>>
>>18468427
agreed. it's just also painful beyond the paranoid conspiracy side. it just sucks up so much effort and energy.

also the world trees is another one.
>>
>>18468427
/pol/ and /x/ are the most paranoid boards of this site
Hell I am fucking paranoid about the US government
>>
>>18468349
Pizza gate. The mods come down p hard on ARGs, but have also destroyed legit threads. They're also allowing crap like Sam Hyde spamming on other boards. Once again 4chan is eating it's babies
>>
>>18468439
the thing about these topics is that they arent really role playing topics and they garner hundreds of responses. role playing has been a thing here since the beginning. its obvious. these threads are not being posted by the edgy Im a vampire crowd.
>>
>>18468349
The Mandella Effect is /x/-tier discussion fodder, and there is legit some strange shit going down in Antartica (Ark of Gabriel?) , you are creating a conspiracy theories about the influx of conspiracy theories. Stahp.

Also, if anything killed /X/ it's the damn LARPing.
>>
>>18468449
Pizzagate could be another topic that is involved. But dont get me wrong, Im not saying that all threads on these topics represent part of the effort.
>>
>>18468464
see>>18468469
I dont disagree but that doesn't mean these topics arent being used by people with some agenda.
>>
>>18468474
that kind of forum sliding is textbook cointelpro. by utilizing topics that belong here it is harder detect and makes those that detect it look wrong and/or crazy
>>
>>18468474
What bugs me is they are blatantly stupid theories that gain a lot of traction while more interesting ones that make more sense never get discussed, also it always attracts a lot of people who use it to evangelize about Christianity

But this is /x/, after all
>>
>>18468497
That's how it works. But regardless of personal opinion on the topics the one thing they have in common is that they are all /x/ related. They belong here. This is 4chan, not reddit. We don't delete shit we disagree with (r-right). So you either have to delete en masse or figure out another way to detect it.

The characteristics I mentioned in the OP are not shared by all threads on these topics.

But also know if this is active sliding, this thread is being monitored by those responsible.
>>
>>18468349
So the questions are, why these topics, and what are they trying to cover up?
>>
>>18468511
>why these topics
Ive kinda covered that above but tl;dr is that those topics belong on /x/
>what are they trying to cover up
that I do not yet know, which is part of the reason I wanted to see what /x/ thought
>>
>>18468524
and i could be wrong. the threads i pointed out could be innocent, i am fairly certain of tonights antarctica thread and the flat earth thread with the blue marble pic though
>>
File: OP is the infiltrator.jpg (14KB, 167x119px) Image search: [Google]
OP is the infiltrator.jpg
14KB, 167x119px
>>18468349

>February 13 2016
>Pope and head of Russian Orthodoxy (Patriarch Kirill) meet. First time this has happened in 962 years.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-orthodox-cuba-arrival-idUSKCN0VL26B5hBAP7FfJWTkI16Dj-g

>February 15 2016
>China and Argentina announce new economic deal including purchase of Chinese fighter jets, huge Chinese investment in Argentine railways, nuclear plants, dams
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/558226/China-Argentina-falkland-islands-fighter-jets

>February 18 2016
>Russian Orthodoxy head visits Antarctica, shortly after meeting Pope. First time a Russian Orthodox leader has ever been to the continent.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/12162705/Patriarch-Kirill-meets-penguins-in-Antarctica.html

>February 2016
>Chinese government reveals it has built a 'satellite/ space exploration' base in Southern Argentina, the first such installation to be built off of Chinese soil.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/26/argentina-congress-china-satellite-space-station

>March 15 2016
>Argentine government report they sank a “Chinese fishing boat,” near a restricted area off the coast of Southern Argentina.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/15/americas/argentina-chinese-fishing-vessel/

>March 24 2016
>Barack Obama visits Bariloche, in Southern Argentina.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-obama-argentina-idUSKCN0W700Q

>October 16 2016
>Sir Ranulph Fiennes (famous Everest climber) planned to travel to Antarctica. Government stops him.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-ranulph-fiennes-antarctic-trip-9038521

>October 28 2016
>Every nation with rights to Antarctica signs a treaty banning fishing in Antarctica for the next 35 years.They say the reason is to save the Chilean sea bass.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/antarctica-region-largest-marine-protected-area-ross-sea-a7384956.html

>November 11 2016
>John Kerry visits Antarctica
https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2016/11/264108.htm
>>
>>18468511
Covering up UFOs makes sense for some of them. Mandela effect is stupid but gets people to start thinking that any time they see conflicting information = "MUST BE PARANORMAL!"

Just a guess
>>
File: 0000A - Antarctica Map-L.jpg (77KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
0000A - Antarctica Map-L.jpg
77KB, 800x598px
>>18468535
Just in case no one got why I included Argentina events.
>>
>>18468526
>>18468535
I fucking knew it. I told you guys theyd be monitoring this thread.
>>
>>18468543
The deleted post said "heed my warning. move along" in response to this anon>>18468511
>>
>>18468543
I actually got pointed to your thread from my thread at >>18467715

I'm not 'they' I'm a random guy who started getting really interested in Antarctica over the last few hours and looking into this shit. Quite a lot of coincidence. Maybe you're the one shilling and trying to discredit any theories that something's happening in Antarctica by including it in your little propaganda thread.
>>
>>18468552
Probably a troll. In any case censoring stuff is just going to make it worse.
>>
>>18468543
Also notice how the active slider ignores the entire thread which specifically discusses the fact that these topics belong here. And uses and lame ass image to convey disdain for the very idea that these topics are being utilized for another agenda. The accompanying post, copied from the shill Antarctica thread here>>18468490 just completes the attack on the premise while ignoring the details. A forum slider at work and on the offensive friendos
>>
>>18468535

I've been on /X/ forever, Antartica is actually interesting and sparks imagination.

Way better than the "hey my apartment made a sound so it is haunted and my friend is, like, a million skinwalkers" threads that litter this hell hole.

Antartica is the last land frontier on earth.
>>
>>18468567
OP here. I agree with you but that doesn't mean these topics cant be used in a nefarious way.
>>
>>18468564
Yeah ok, numerous people are getting interested about a subject and making threads on /x/ so you make a thread calling them shills and sliders. You realise that's exactly what the optimal response would be if there was a subject that /they/ didn't want to be discussed?
>>
it might just be trolling, but there are good points being made. i find it highly unlikely that anyone legit people's these topics warrant the a level of attention they are getting though
>>
>>18468576
This will just lead to endless finger-pointing, if you think it's a shill, then just point out why it's dumb/wrong, they are /x/-worthy topics
>>
>>18468576
make this Antarctica general for all I care. there have been and i hope there will continue to be interesting and hilarious threads on all of these topics but think something weird is going on. look for similarly worded posts in quick succession. then look to see what else is on the board at that time. maybe i am paranoid
>>
>>18468581
Maybe you're right, I don't know. I've posted an Antarctica thread on /b/, /pol/, and posted in the one that was already up on /x/, all with my list of events & links to news articles in my post at
>>18468535
So when I saw your thread and you throwing Antarctica in with the ridiculous mandela & flat earth, my mind just came to the conclusion that it was to discredit it. I could be completely wrong too.
>>
wtf is a slider?
(new here)
>>
>>18468349

Another warning is every chat and discord that is made is loaded with shills and the owner is usually a shill.

There was a magick discord and the creator was literally anti-magick. It can't get more obvious.

I was in an iirc that total JIDF and they use the same tactics where all of the sudden every single person in the room is against you.
>>
>>18468596
i think there is something weird about Antarctica. but that's why its perfect to use. the other two arent ridiculous to everyone either, whether they are ridiculous or not in yours or my opinion shouldnt bar them from /x/. so they belong here too.

thats why calling this kind of thing out makes me look crazy or look like a shill myself or just look plain wrong.
>>
I think it should be noted that op is not trying to just throw out any of these ideas. it's an observation.
>>
if anyone feels like digging through the archives youll probably find several posts about Antarctica that had very similar wording that were posted around the same time. lsst weekend maybe. I can do it later maybe
>>
>>18468632
i keep seeing "whats going on in" and "what did they mean" or "he" or "she mean" in relation to Antarctica and in relation to random topics (which is why i incl them in my original list
>>
What is forum sliding?
>>
here comes the brigade
>>
What isn't ever talked about it that faggot fucking mod who posts that shitty Russian music video and samefags it saying "it's cursed" "Satan's daughter" "not even NASA can figure this out hurr" EVERY FUCKING DAY. Then the faggot who is definitely a mod, deletes any comments speaking out on his samefagging or even saying the video sucks. Nobody ever notices or gives a shit that a mod is abusing his powers like that, and you can't even do anything because he's a mod. He'll fucking ban you for reporting it.
>>
>>18468349
/x/ was infiltrated years ago it's just gradually gotten worse because of the unironic larpers
>>
File: sliders.jpg (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sliders.jpg
84KB, 300x300px
>>18468598
>>
>>18468349
No shit. Its a public forum where anybody can interfere. But still. If you understand the basics of mandela effect there is nothing new you can learn about it. Antarctica is just a recent topic that there has been dozens of threads about so nobody cares and to be honest just fuck off back to pol
>>
>>18468420
It definitely is not just /x/. It has been going on the last year and a half if not much longer. I can't leave no matter how shitty it gets.
>>
This always happens here, nothing new.
>>
Are you that guy who got super butthurt in that Flintstones thread the other day? I'm not forum sliding you, I just think you're a moron.
>>
>>18469178
Flintstones? What's paranormal about it?
>>
I'm guessing Mandella-posters are still caught up in the Bearenstein meme.

I've assumed for a while that flat-earth is one guy, though I don't know how someone has the energy to keep making the same thread.
>>
>>18469290
It's a mandela thing.
>>
>>18469316

Being crazier than a shithouse rat makes you super energetic.
>>
>>18468535
>>18468541
>>18468567
this

nice post!

i also notice a heavy shilling against a good conversation about antartica. Either there are the flat earth idiots who state a theorie as fact and are not open to new ideas like bigger earth theorie. Than we have the ones who call the flat earther idiots and derail the converstaion into a shitfest fanboy apocalypse. Than we have the muh-/x/-tinfoil shitposter who are over hyper senitiv skeptic and denye any talk that is way to /x/-tier. Than we have the ones who use D&C tactic together with cointelpro and start cherrypicking to discredit the whole talk about antartica as such.

this is going on since month and mods are doing jackshit.
>>
File: martin-masse-remember2.jpg (359KB, 1280x965px) Image search: [Google]
martin-masse-remember2.jpg
359KB, 1280x965px
>>18469339
That's not a lie.

I haven't heard about the treaty to save the chilean bass, I never even heard of someone trying to save the chilean bass, at least the whales would make more sense.

>pic related, Selk nam of the lowest part of south america.
>>
>>18469363
Interesting g read up on the Selk'nam anon, thanks for the image to pique an interest.
Perhaps the gravitational anomaly discovered lurking beneath the Ross Ice Shelf is of interest to this thread, too?
>>
I'll take any of those threads over summoning, divination, occultism, tarot readings, magick, and so on...

Shitposts are NOT new to /x/, by the way. You people realize we're a step above /b/ and below /pol/ on the food chain.
>>
>>18468427
This

>>18468436
And this.

Also:

>Antarctica
>Mandela effect
>flat earth
>random shitposts (appear serious enough to stay)

Not like I give two fucks about Antarctica, but it certainly is the odd one out of the list.
>>
File: moot.png (273KB, 376x507px) Image search: [Google]
moot.png
273KB, 376x507px
>>
File: moot (3).jpg (104KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
moot (3).jpg
104KB, 600x545px
>>
File: mootANDpal.jpg (56KB, 648x484px) Image search: [Google]
mootANDpal.jpg
56KB, 648x484px
>>
File: moot_tomi.jpg (206KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
moot_tomi.jpg
206KB, 480x640px
>>
File: 4chan_man.jpg (189KB, 979x871px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_man.jpg
189KB, 979x871px
>>
>>18468349
I used to be like you. Then it hit me...

Who the fuck reads the paranormal section of a taiwanese origami forum?

Nobody worth worrying about. That's who.

The reason there are seven flat-earth threads is because we're retards. We continuously bump the shit topics to the top. Topics near the top then are also the first to be seen when visiting the site, meaning they recieve more shitbumps, creating an endless cycle of bullshit.

People don't even know sage exists.
>>
>>18468349
Go back to sleep, nothing to see here. Take your medication and stop making posts about aliens and conspiracy theories, THEY WILL GET YOU KNOW WHERE. Try a nice glass of tap water and watch a sitcom Michael, it will calm you down.
>>
>>18469174
I think this always happens here, too, but I don't think it's necessarily forum sliding. /x/ just happens to have topics that get hot or popular, for lack of better words to describe it.
I think that if you looked back at the board at random points in the past, you'd see it happening - just with threads of different topics than OP mentioned.
At various times since I've been hanging around Ancient Pyramid threads, false flag/shooter conspiracy threads, Niribu/planet x threads, Mandela Effect and Tulpa threads had their 'hot' moments, so to speak. pedowood and music industry illuminati threads were a thing, too. Ebola and ebola-chan were big when that was going on and in the news. While not conspiracy-related, there used to be skinwalker threads All The Time, but I don't see them near as often anymore. The latest thing is 'all the celebrities dying in 2016 is a thing' threads.

I don't know... just my take on things.

FWIW, I do think less credible theories are a huge time and energy waster for people who would otherwise be investigating topics more likely to be genuine and worthy of attention.
But other than throwing those less-credible ideas out there, I find it hard to believe there are people being paid to encourage these ideas - whether wacky theories take off on their own or not, they gain momentum super easily in a paranoid community.

>semi-related to this idea
https://isgp-studies.com/conspiracy-theories-credible-vs-not-credible
*this is the site that hosts the Beyond the Dutroux Affair (a prominent and oft-cited investigative article on child abuse networks)
>>
Personally I think the Antarctica threads are legit, and that the sliding is in an attempt to cover them up.

Yesterday there was a huge influx of those "Celebrity Deaths" threads that absolutely stank of sliding, so it's definitely happening.

The question of course is what are they trying to hide?
>>
>>18472431
Unless civilians shed their sheep wool and stand against the nation, we will never know. Just know that.
>>
I'm fairly sure it's literally just shit neo-/x/ combined with an influx of /pol/ idiots. They're all such boring threads too
>>
This forum has been sliding since fucking 2009, get over it. 4chan is shit now and if you haven't found somewhere obscure and less popular to be yet, you're probably part of the problem.
>>
>>18468889
I actually miss when /x/ had interesting ARPGs. They were fun, and at least there was some creativity involved.
>>
>>18473209
>Muh /pol/ boogeyman

I wish you would fuck off back to whatever hugbox you came from. You know the real cancer that killed every board? No, it isn't /pol/ even though you're desperate to say it is, it was cretinous places like plebbit that came for le epin memes and stayed because 4chan is edgy XD. After the initial novelty had worn off did they leave and crawl back under their rock? Of course not. They do what all pussies do and demanded the site was changed to mirror the hugbox they fled in the first place. I would ask you to prove me wrong, but we both know you can't.

Faggot.

>>18473276
Also this is very much accurate.
>>
>>18470924
/x/ has been a dumping ground for shitposts ever since that one day /b/ went down almost ten fucking years ago. It never gets better. I rarely come here at this point, and when I do it's just for the "true" story threads, though even those are garbage at this point, what with how easy it is to change the details on someone else's greentext, you get a million stories that all sound the same and are usually just sleep paralysis episode. Almost every time I come here, though, this thread's up. The reason /x/ is so bad is because the people who actively want to stop shitposting are far outnumbered by the people who just come here for "spoops" and "keks."
>>
>>18473303
It's never been Reddit that's killing 4chan, that shit meme came out of /v/ in like 2011 or so, it's as much a boogeyman as you accuse /pol/ of being in the same exact post.
>>
File: argos.jpg (38KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
argos.jpg
38KB, 350x350px
As an ancient fag i will tell you /x/ only had one golden age and it was long ago, it was a real productive time when creepypasta was first invented, ARG's were still mysterious, and slenderman was happening.
But then it ended, we got inundated with trolls and it never stopped.
"lol but who was phone xDDD".
X is long past rescue, i used to still come here for the scary video threads, but even they are ruined by viral marekters and people who think its funny to post the same videos over and over again.
Anyways, i have found other imageboards not ruined, 4chan has too many normies and mundanes now because of how famous its gotten
>>
>>18468349
Spooks
>>
>>18473320
Other ancient /x/ fag here, do you have a Skype or a Steam or something, I'd like to see these other not shit forums. Everything else I've been to has long since died.
>>
>>18469316
I think the Mandela guy is the" mesas are giant tree stumps" guy
>>
>>18473334
*Sorry I meant flat earth guy is tree stump guy lel
My bad
>>
Everything is being monitored
>>
>>18473327
lets just say 4chan isnt the only image board, and if you are really an ancient fag you would know this
>>
>>18473360
I just kinda assume all the other 4chan clones are shit for the same reasons 4chan itself is shit.
>>
>>18473320
>>18473307

I like /x/
its a place where you can have groovy esoteric discussions and truly let your mind wander.....eventually into /s4s/
but there isn't the belligerent hate of /pol/
there isn't the crass elitism of /lit/
and while I like to hang in/r9k/
its definintly not as depressing.

its interesting
mainly because you can never tell if someone is being retarded,ironic,or legit on here, which speaks to me and my current understanding of the human condition.
>>
>>18473424
There are no discussions in this garbage dump, its the same shit posted every single day about tuplas and succubuss's and the same cancer posted every day.
You type like a retard so of course you would enjoy being a retard
>>
>>18473307
Holy fuck. Was that really 10 years ago? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>18468349
IT'S THE FUCKING JEWS!
>>
>>18473424
>you can never tell if someone is being retarded,ironic,or legit on here

that's my favorite part of /x/
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.