[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys wrote a story on nosleep I'd love to hear your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (23KB, 337x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 337x398px
Hey guys wrote a story on nosleep I'd love to hear your feedback

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/5kobo1/silhouette_joyride/
>>
Bump?
>>
This is actually pretty good imo
>>
File: 1482905641077.png (431KB, 790x734px) Image search: [Google]
1482905641077.png
431KB, 790x734px
>>18465317
>>
>>18465324
Thank you. The pacing was alright?
>>
Yeah the buildup was done pretty good
>>
>>18465382
Good that's a problem I've had with my previous stories
>>
>>18465131
Good story, but I just didn't like the ending. Maybe if you elaborated on it more it would have more impact.
>>
>>18466025
Thanks for the feedback I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>18465356
>>18465410

Based on the story and these comments I feel like somebody has given you some shitty "constructive" criticism regarding pacing or structure, and you're self-conscious and preoccupied with the nuances of literary professionalism over raw narrative. Narrative-wise, you just seem to be hitting all the notes you think you should be hitting while you practice other skills.

Just think of an idea you like and write about it, man. Don't let anybody tell you how to go about that. Remember that if you're posting stories on nosleep they're all first person accounts from the perspective of non-writers, so don't stress the small stuff. Focus on high concept shit that takes people off guard and keeps them thinking about it long after they stop reading.
>>
>>18465131
That was dreadful. It was poorly written and not in the least bit scary.
>That morning I running actually pretty early
Come on!
>>
Honestly, it's not good. Grammatically, it makes me wonder if English is not your first language. I would suggest rereading your work at least once before submitting to catch anything that puts you off.
Also try avoiding unnecessary details.
>>
>>18466869

You're not wrong, but there's a way to put that without being a cunt. Ideally you want someone to improve, not quit.
>>
>>18466764
I think this is the best advice I've gotten.
>>
I didn't find it very creepy at all tbqh. It didn't really make sense or tie together (i.e rotten milk smell etc)

>The sihlouette was me, staring back at me
You have used 'me' too close together. Replace it with something like 'The silhouette was staring deeply into my eyes, it was only then that I realized the silhouette was me'
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.