[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bear with me /x/ I'm in the middle of a brainstorm If water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: otcosmos.jpg (104KB, 427x285px) Image search: [Google]
otcosmos.jpg
104KB, 427x285px
bear with me /x/ I'm in the middle of a brainstorm
If water exists above the firmament, does the firmament exist as a form of solid wall? Or some sort of infinite, in which we'd need to travel faster than the speed of light to experience what is beyond?
If we were to travel faster than the speed of light we would be unable to experience the material realm, and would thus separate from our bodies, probably causing instant death, but what if this was done during astral projection?

Anyway, back to my original question. If a vacuum is defined by an empty space void of matter, then can a vacuum of water exist in the same sense? How would this affect light travel if all it had to travel through was an atmosphere of water?
>>
>>18464524
>Anyway, back to my original question. If a vacuum is defined by an empty space void of matter, then can a vacuum of water exist in the same sense?

No. Water has matter.
>>
>>18464533
This is the main flaw in my train of thought.
If God is light, then he's either in some sort of vacuum, or in an atmosphere which allows him to travel at speeds faster than light

Or am I just going nuts
>>
>>18464524
>https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lMw4yuCqaBNG5IeU4xSXpmOUU
>>
>>18464524
If Earth was flat, it would go against all fractals in the known universe. Even God cannot defy divine law. Not to say that Earth isn't entirely round. Besides, our visible stars, planets and luminaries all go below the horizon. If you wish to know this for yourself, simply go to the beach or a hill one day and watch the sunset. If Earth was flat the sun would shrink away, according to the theories perspective.
>>
>>18464524
One way or the other we need to travel faster than light to experience what it's beyond.
>>
File: using_that_word.jpg (45KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
using_that_word.jpg
45KB, 500x420px
>>18464562
>fractals
>>
>>18464833
Ha you're correct. I will correct myself, and use words like "golden ratio" and "patterns" and of course "as above, so below" to make my point.
>>
i think that god is light is a rather literal interpretation.
>>
>>18464524
The greeks talking about all things being fire or water isn't literal fire or water, it's weird of the time metaphorical language (very specifically too, Heraclitus is misinterpreted by Plato even).
>>
>>18464524
people think the reason rockets bend and crash is because they're hitting and sliding along the firmanent
>>
File: 1482601952304.jpg (90KB, 1080x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1482601952304.jpg
90KB, 1080x1351px
>>18464524
The firmament is a biblical metaphor of the physical atmosphere meeting the vacuum of space.

Learn to fucking interpret the bible correctly, holy fuck.
>>
>>18465036
But the atmosphere slowly thinning and petering out into space isn't firm.
>>
>>18465038
You dumb fuck, where did I call the firmament fucking firm? The name isn't self describing IN METAPHOR MOTHERFUCKER.

LEARN TO READ, FUUCK
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.