[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, regarding the notion of egregores, wouldn't the different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

So, regarding the notion of egregores, wouldn't the different pantheons of deities simply be egregores that were made upon the anthropomorphism of different aspects of reality by civilization? Or would they more likely be entities that influenced such? Or both? /x/ discuss
>>
>deities simply be egregores

This is where you're getting confused: God-forms (deities) are a step above egregores on the ladder and a step below the godhead (or source, or one god or monad or whatever you call it). So the deities in a pantheon are not actually egregores. It's a small scholastic difference, but it's a difference.

Also I would say both, thought-forms are always self replicating, that's how all of this works. So a god of say... agriculture, would have been born out of the anthropomorphism of the concept of agriculture, but would also attempt to influence and propagate that same concept.
>>
>>18463396
>>18463377
Some Deities are egregores and some are primordial forces and some are both.
A subtler grammar of the "god tier" of being needs to be developed.
>>
>>18463402
can you give an example of a god who is just an egregore, one who is a primordial force, and one who is both?
>>
File: 1480145094092.jpg (79KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1480145094092.jpg
79KB, 500x461px
>>18463436
Omg, right?
Good luck with that lol.

Kek is an egregore (a very weak one at that)

Zeus, or the various energies attached to the being that is represented by zeus and others similar, is a step up. A sort of independent entity unlike an egregore, but still bound by the egregore mechanics in terms of strength. To simply be known is powering. Worship is exponential.

Egregores need constant attention, that's the difference there.

Space/Time is a primordial force.

Chronozon (time god of sorts) is both a force and independent entity.

Egregores don't typically reach that point, its usually a collective energy naturally manifested unlike an egregore but in a similar manner regards needing a collective group to manifest the entity.

Egregores are simply like temporary hub-hiveminds of a group of like-minded individuals, they don't really evolve to greater forms without a lot of attention given. Rather they are just another layer of information exchange in an unconscious telepathic level to all who accept its energies consciously or unconsciously.

OP, can you tell us what you think an egregore is so that we have a starting place to manage any misconceptions or incorrections you might have?
>>
>>18463738
>Good luck with that lol.
I wasn't being sarcastic I was interested...

>Kek is an egregore (a very weak one at that)
Kek is a primordial deity syncrotized with several other deities (some of whom are receiving constant and active attention), if you mean just the modern 4chan kek/pepe meme, perhaps... however the god that he is based in is more than an egregore, he is certainly a representation of a primal concept and power that's been around, transmuted, worshipped and observed since at least the Old Kingdom of Egypt.

> A sort of independent entity unlike an egregore
Egregore are independent by definition.

>Egregores need constant attention, that's the difference there.
Ok this, I think is a good benchmark for determining what is what, do you think that say... Microsoft, or America would cease existing if people didn't pay attention? I think perhaps you are correct, and in this then, a god is a self-sustaining egregore? Or perhaps they are a representation of somethign timeless that doesnt require human observation, somethign like.. nature, or power. Those things will always exist regardless of attention given them.

>Chronozon (time god of sorts) is both a force and independent entity.
So wait, which is which? Is a force a god and an independent entity an egregore? or vice versa? Im confused, I feel like it got changed up mid-post.

>but in a similar manner regards needing a collective group to manifest the entity.
Then literally what is the difference? If they both require collective energy and attention from a group, what's the difference?

>they are just another layer of information exchange in an unconscious telepathic level to all who accept its energies consciously or unconsciously.
I can agree with this.
>>
File: 1482645410981.jpg (59KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1482645410981.jpg
59KB, 555x555px
>>18463794
Thats cute that you don't know what kek is.

This is how I know none of you know what the fuck you're talking about LOL

You'll all discover the hard way you're worshipping a fictional character akin to worshipping Lain or Light or Jirayai.

>Manifest frogs, thinks its a God

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with this place, you people haven't a fucking clue what you're actually doing.
>>
>>18463846
Listen, you know what.

I think its time. I'm going to make a thread explaining what kek truly actually really is.
You might not like it but overall it is the actuality you find yourself to be with.

Who knows, the truth might be a pleasant surprise to you.
>>
>>18463846
I studied egyptology for 15 years before anyoen drew the frog, and knew what the Ogdoad was before 4chan was founded son.
I know full fucking well what Kek is, both what it was in the Old Kingdom, what is was syncretized into in other faiths, and what it is now.

It's cute that you think you possess some mystical knowledge the rest of us are deprived of.

This is a perfect example of why you have no friends and so many difficulties in life, youre an insufferably condescending prick.
>>
>>18463846
>>18463859
Oh and make sure to link your thread so we can all be as enlightened as you. I cant wait to be an asshole too.
>>
>>18463738
OP here. From what I gather, an egregore is a thoughtform that is formed by and gains energy from a separate source or thoughtform.
Truth be told, this was also something I wanted to get out of this thread, that being a better understanding of thoughtforms and their interactions
>>
>>18463846
This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Disregard and Praise Kek.
>>
>>18464545
OP, it would do you good to study some chaos magic, and probably some hermetic theory.

Here's the quick and dirty combat version:
Everything is mental, all things are thoughts, all thoughts are things. All is mental. When you have an idea, that idea becomes a thing. Magic is the practice of learning to make these things manifest in more powerful ways.

Chaos magic talks about sigils, servitors, tulpas, egregores, god-forms and the godhead.

Basically a sigil is dumb (literally) and just enacts the purpose for which it was willed into existence. Essentially, it is a spell. A one shot, one time manifestation of a thought or will. A servitor is a sigil on loop. It's semi-sentient, and repeats instructions over and over, a typical servitor is something like a poppet, or an amulet, or some other "permanent" charm. A sigil is evovled into a servitor by charging it up, which can be simply attention. Adoration, offerings, treating it as if it is alive or powerful, will speed this up. Next stop on the thoughtform train is the tulpa. At this stage of the game the servitor has achieved a certain level of self-awareness, it is capable of making decisions on it's own, and making plans to best enact whatever purpose it was created with. This gets problematic for novices as you have basically given birth to a thinking thing with its own opinions and emotions, hopefully you crafted it well so that it doesnt loathe you for it's existence. Beyond this point we have tp involve other people, and this forms the egregore. An egregore is a tulpa or thoughtofrm which is charged and worked with by multiple people. At this point it starts getting into the realm of demi-god, or certainly more powerful than a person. Egregore can be anything in which multiple people believe and attribute power. It is also at this point we begin to see worship.

(continued...)
>>
Yahweh has built in worshippers - seraphim. Might be why he has lasted so long here. Egregore or weather/sky diety?
>>
>>18464649
Beyond this we venture into the realm of gods. These beings are completely independent and extremely powerful over their individual sphere of influence or purpose and will try constantly to expand that sphere and encourage that particular influence.

Beyond this we have the god-head, the one, the source, the monad... the energy from which all other energies come, and from which they all return. This thoughtform may very well have created all lesser thoughtforms, only to reabsorb them and make new ones.

Thus you can see how a thoughtform progresses from a tiny sigil to a full blown god, more or less.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.