[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me a tl;dr on Manly Hall's belief in Hell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

File: Heaven-and-Hell.jpg (177KB, 475x601px) Image search: [Google]
Heaven-and-Hell.jpg
177KB, 475x601px
Can someone give me a tl;dr on Manly Hall's belief in Hell? It's been bugging me for months and he's not the type of guy to give a clear answer. He's obsessed with symbolism, yet he seems pretty literal about how the soul operates in the afterlife from actions we do on earth, but so far nothing has given an answer.

>Do you go to hell in the afterlife or is it like the Gnostic "You're feeling hell" if you do something bad?

>Does he believe in objective morality or is it in complete relation to your tranquility?

>If you are honest about what you do and your intentions, do you go to hell for what you do? For example, if a knight fought and killed other knights in combat (Both understanding the possibility of death and "Living by the sword"), do the knights still go to hell for killing?

To be honest, it all scares me as either there's an objective morality that is most likely unknown to us or hard to figure out for the average Joe and we're thrown in the pit for ignorance that's not our fault, or anyone can justify their actions as long as they feel tranquil.

On top of all those questions, is this pic generally correct? It aligns most with my morality, with only acts of cruelness (Unnecessary torture, harming children, etc.) to be hell-wortly
>>
File: manlyphall.jpg (36KB, 533x334px)
manlyphall.jpg
36KB, 533x334px
>>18462310
pic of Manly Hall and Reagan after one of their deep discussions
>>
>>18462412
That doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>18462418
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/political-bookworm/2010/04/reagan_and_the_occult.html
>>
File: 1482787961988.jpg (1MB, 2560x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1482787961988.jpg
1MB, 2560x1462px
I know Hall spoke of black magicians being a slave to their elemental spirit after death but have not heard his exact take on Hell and the Afterlife

Bump for interest. Yes Reagan was a fan of Manly P Hall...
>>
>>18462546
The closest thing I could find to him saying anything about Hell is this:

>"In truth, the kingdom of heaven is within man far more completely than he realizes; and as heaven is in his own nature, so earth and hell are also in his constitution, for the superior worlds circumscribe and include the inferior nature of heaven."
>>
File: Temptation.jpg (51KB, 564x476px) Image search: [Google]
Temptation.jpg
51KB, 564x476px
>>18462627
Ahhhh...I am a huge fan of his but I read this and say Huhhhhhhhhhh?

I know we have to read his words a few times over to begin to understand. Thank You anon.
>>
>>18462629
Which is just plagiarism of "quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius, et quoud est superius est sicut quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius"
>>
>>18462310
That chart is pretty bad, and can be taken wildly out of context.

According to that chart, if my commanding officer told me to burn kids alive and I refused to the point of desertion or mutiny - I would go to hell for being disloyal.
>>
>>18462775
Distrust is bugging me. I think It's pretty important for survival desu
>>
>>18462310

The basic idea underlying heaven and hell is fundamentally the same idea underlying Karma- namely that the ALL is united in a vibratory field in the mind of GOD and that the negative vibrations/energies that you send out will eventually, in one way or another, be reflected back at yourself.
>>
>>18462775
this
>>
File: Witch Doctor.jpg (195KB, 1024x729px) Image search: [Google]
Witch Doctor.jpg
195KB, 1024x729px
>>18462866
This makes sense.

My opinion is that there is Hades as the place when we die if we don't go to Heaven.

Hell seems to come after final judgement...
>>
>>18462310
People who can spout conjecture and reference and pull in those who are too unprepared to do it themselves. Kek. Another Revolution around the mull berry bush.
>>
>>18462775
It's for brands, as in, businesses. Not people.
>>
>>18462310
>Whether the therapist believes in demonology or not, if the therapist deprograms a client and then finds out that the deeper parts have undone the work via the astral plane, the therapist should look into how to manage this problem. This type of reprogramming rarely needs to occur because few slaves are ever even partially deprogrammed. One of the most skilled programmers of Astral Projection is the Programmer B. Bowers. He is known nationally for this skill. He worked with the famous Manly P. Hall, who also had a reputation in the Illuminati for Astral Projection. Astral projection is accomplished by a focused trance where the spirit by demonic power leaves the body and travels to a particular point. Grand Masters within the Illuminati can give lessons to students on the astral plane. Much of their Illuminati occult learning, according to some Illuminati slaves was done on the astral plane. We will discuss several methods on how this is done.

>Fritz Springmeier
>>
>>18462310
I have two vinyl 10" records (in red vinyl, I may add...) by MPH. I bought them for sampling from (never got around to it). I only remember the title of one of them, and it should answer your question:
"Why I believe in reincarnation".
>>
>>18462972
lolololol
>>
>>18462866
Could that vibration be distant? I'm having trouble believing in Karma because it would create an endless cycle of evil.

For example, if you are born with a brain disorder in your life (Possibly from bad karma or just bad luck) or you just have a passion for murder, and you kill dozens of people without cause, and in your next life you get into a worse situation which continually requires you to do more evil acts to survive and so on.

The only way I could see Karma happen is if you are reborn, but can see what your past life has done from an outside view that and see it as unfortunate or evil, but not be karma against you in the sense of direct or delayed punishment. The normal idea of karma that you have presented seems like there has to be direct divine intervention in the creation or passage of life in order for balance to occur, which would be against the generally accepted idea of free will that is usually also confirmed in religious texts, which would also nullify the idea of karma since it requires free will.

Am I missing something? I'm starting to believe that you just start over as a human, with Karma being the ability to observe the action of your past self indirectly to learn or enjoy it (Like seeing a building that you built in a past life, or my example from above). Bad karma would be your other self being sad about what a past life has done, while good karma would be the good side.
>>
>>18462546
Hall didn't believe in the Christian idea of hell. If anything he thought it was made up. ( and in large part it is)

He more or less believed you went where you went based upon how you were spiritually. So, a Christian who goes to Church every sunday but only out of fear and selfishness will end up continuing on to more fear and selfishness.

He doesn't ever outright say that, but if you read his take on magic, he may as well.
>>
>>18464464
So it's about inner tranquility and not the actions the person takes in life? For the knight example, if he kills other knights believing that he will save his people, he will experience a pleasant afterlife or a pleasant next life?

This means everybody would be justified in their actions as long as they feel alright about it. Where does objective judgement of action come into this independent of emotion, if at all?
>>
>>18465043
>For the knight example, if he kills other knights believing that he will save his people, he will experience a pleasant afterlife or a pleasant next life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq7WYwyxooc

From what I can tell, he'd suffer the karma of war (not murder), but also the karma of a hero.
>>
>>18465617
When I get time tomorrow I will watch this. Thank you for the link.

This subject has been bringing me a lot of fear.
>>
a
>>
>>18462310
Why is distrust so low?! Are you supposed to just take it when somebody else has terrible intentions for you?!?
>>
>>18467557
I think it means trusting in the order of things and not being paranoid of other people. I don't think you would be punished fro distrusting someone who has a habit of being a liar.

It definitely needs elaboration.
>>
>>18462310
This image makes no sense at all
>>
>>18467660
It's more like traditional morality compared to what we have today, where as long as you're open and honest about your intentions and what you do, you are not evil with the exception of incredibly cruel actions.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.

32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;

33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’

37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;

43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’

44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [a]take care of You?’

45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
>>
>>18467664
I mean how is disloyalty the worst thing on the stairway.
What does that even mean ?
Disloyal to whom/what ?
Its as if some christian made this image where he believes that no matter how shitty a person he may be it ain't that bad cuz he never lost his loyalty/faith and all the bad things he committed can be simply forgiven in church on a Sunday morning.
>>
>>18467693
What does this mean ?
I know your only posting these to make yourself feel better but if you want people to appreciate your posts you have to give us more than just quoting a book.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 429x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 429x605px
5:21Ye have heard that it was said to them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

5:22but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

5:23If therefore thou art offering thy gift at the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee,

5:24leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way, first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

5:25Agree with thine adversary quickly, while thou art with him in the way; lest haply the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

5:26Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou have paid the last farthing.

5:27Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

5:28but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

5:29And if thy right eye causeth thee to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body be cast into hell.

5:30And if thy right hand causeth thee to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body go into hell
>>
>>18467705
Sorry, I am not posting these for myself or to 'make myself feel better', but rather I am posting this scripture for others

....to show what the bible teaches on hell

I personally did not intend any covert communication....I am just posting the scripture for the sake of others
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 351x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 351x400px
13Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby.

7:14For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it.

7:15Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.

7:16By their fruits ye shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

7:17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

7:18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

7:19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

7:20Therefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

7:21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

7:22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works?

7:23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
>>
>>18467699
It was made by Gnostics.

Disloyalty is most likely pointing towards people you have allied yourself with. This could be a tribe, husband/wife, etc. If you are disloyal to the people you have pledge allegiance to, that breeds distrust, which eventually creates an awful rift in society where no one can trust each other and the bonds of humanity collapse. For example, in our modern day most girls think men are disloyal and most men think women are disloyal. This is due to the actions of immoral people which not only hurts the person affected, but creates difficulties in creating good relationships in the future. This is also the case with tribes where tranquillity is disturbed by the paranoia of one of your members secretly working for the enemy tribe.

This loyalty is balanced by authenticity. If you pledge yourself to an "Evil" cause, but you are loyal to it, authentic, and credible, meaning that you are exposing yourself to the judgement and physical threat of others who fight for a "Good" cause, you are still doing more good than a person who goes on missions to help people, but only because they are forced to for whatever reason and would rather be at home.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 421x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 421x478px
42“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea.

43“If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,

44[where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]

45“If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,

46[where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]

47“If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,

48where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.
>>
>>18467743
>7:17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
>7:18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
What about Ipakek
>>
>>18467732
I understand
Its just weird for me that such a devoted christian would hang out here of all places.
>>
>>18467760
>If you pledge yourself to an "Evil" cause, but you are loyal to it, authentic, and credible, meaning that you are exposing yourself to the judgement and physical threat of others who fight for a "Good" cause, you are still doing more good than a person who goes on missions to help people, but only because they are forced to for whatever reason and would rather be at home.
Meaning rather be an evil dictator who butchers people just for the sake of evil than a sly bastard who tricks others ?
Am I getting close ?
>>
I think that God is smarter than us and that He knows the score as to what is right or wrong

The bible goes on to great lengths to speak of How merciful and compassionate God is

I personally don't believe that God would ever send anybody to hell forever, but that is only how I feel about it..... In this thread I'm posting the scripture for the sake of the scripture

As for a person joining in an evil cause for various complex reasons (such as a soldier pressed into service, or something along these lines) I think that God truly knows what's right and what's wrong

I try to seek to ALWAYS do what's right or at least want to do what's right and in reality the great complexity of real-life decision making tests our minds, hearts, and souls in decision-making....

....so on the nature of complexity is discerning appropriate moral purity, I think it's safe to say that God knows for Himself who is right and who is wrong.... And all the 'ins' and 'outs' of the complexity of our situations and decision making (this is my perception)

....furthermore, I might add, that seeing the mercy that we have in the religion of Christianity (if these things are revealed to us) the standards of moral purity are very, very high.....even intense heavenly and divine and spiritual standards of moral purity (not ritual purity, but moral purity)

When I say 'moral purity', I mean, for example, someone hurting another person (transgressing the command to love) moreso than moral purity in regards to a persons' personal lifestyle

....though I am not able to speak on behalf of God

This is one reason that I think part of the message of Jesus Christ is Quaker-esque pacifism and nonviolence to the best of our abilities

Of course in reality towns need police officers with guns and such things, but at the same time, in reality, Christianity actually exists and is real so go figure
>>
File: 1464276650137129470.jpg (104KB, 800x858px) Image search: [Google]
1464276650137129470.jpg
104KB, 800x858px
>>18467790
Meaning if you take an oath to protect the sanctity of the community and to uphold the holy principle of justice, you shouldn't destroy someone's brain or turn a blind eye if you see someone getting raped in jail
>>
>>18467774
Jesus surrounded Himself with sinners whom He would heal
>>
>>18467790
The trickster would be considered more evil than the dictator, though the dictator would still be burdened by the Karma of "Evil interaction with others" but since he was open and honest without anyone stopping him, he wouldn't be as condemned since he did not resort to disloyalty or subterfuge.

This doesn't mean that simple pranksters and people having fun are more evil than dictators, but if someone is disloyal, inauthentic and inconsistent in a serious sense they would be worse than the honest man of evil.

Basically, evil is allowed to persist as long as it is open and no one is willing to stop it. This morality ensures that good people fight and stay strong instead of turning into weak, passive, and stupid people.
>>
>>18467809
I would definitely vote against these harmful and absurd practices if I had the opportunity
>>
>>18467818
the dictator is evil and in the wrong, even if God supports him in his dictator

This means that the dictator is liable to judgment even though he or she is 'the dictator'

(Read about Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel)
>>
>>18467774
That's like saying you wouldn't expect the police to hang out in a gang-controlled neighborhood
>>
>>18467818
I think that evil is wrong all the time no matter how you perceive it or try to justify it
>>
>>18467838
Something cannot be evil if it is in agreement with God. God is the source of complete knowledge and good.

>>18467846
Evil may be wrong, but it will exist, and the picture is meant to define those terms of Good and Evil in different levels of how good or evil something is. It's based on the observation that certain actions, like killing, are neutral as it can be done for Good (What we define as the elimination of evil, creating societies with more kindness, less crime, less deception, etc.) or Evil (Ego, pleasure with a lack of spirit, greed, etc.) The problem with good and evil is that there may very well be objective measures of them, but the human being will attempt to justify their actions in relation to their situation or not have the required mental faculties in order to truly understand their actions. This system gives leeway saying that some people will be evil mistakenly, and some good since people are born in different situations, but as long as you openly state what you do, your misunderstandings will be understood, as truth in everything eventually creates the best state for the world and the base to which the human will spiritually ascend.
>>
>>18467883
God supported Nebuchadnezzar, but not against the Jews.... Thus God supported him in a few of his evil endeavors (or allowed it to happen, rather), but he was still a mortal and liable to be answerable for his sins....he was not exempt from God's wrath as the book of Daniel illustrates

thus, even if God allows him to be king, he is still human and can also be wrong and evil (I.e... the dictator is not infallible)
>>
>>18467883
well-spoken, anon, on the subject of evil and perception
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.