[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never had a ghostly experience, and I have a hard time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

I've never had a ghostly experience, and I have a hard time believing that they are real, but you guys seem to believe in them, so I have to ask, why? Is there an experience that has convinced you into believing in them, such as a witnessing one, or is it something else?
>>
>Believing in ghosts
>2012+4.986
shiggy diggy
>>
>>18461485
Nice shitpost mate, top Tier shit on that post right there hahaha
>>
It's something that's long been accepted in my family, for one. They see a lot of shit, and a lot of the same shit. One could just dismiss this as some sort of heritable mental illness, and while it's not obviously not a compelling rebuttal coming from me all I can say is that we really just don't hallucinate. I'm confident in that. My ghostly experiences were few and far between and not related to anything that should have triggered hallucination, like emotional stress or sleep deprivation. If I did hallucinate then my entire life experience is effectively invalid. I literally cannot trust a single memory, not a single quantum of knowledge, because any part of it could have been my imagination. It just doesn't feel plausible to dismiss ghosts in my life. I can tell you that the experiences I had never felt surreal. They don't frighten me at this point in my life and I honestly don't believe ghosts to be a thing of much consequence. It's just something we don't understand and while that's fascinating the fear only comes from it being unknown, not because it poses much in the way of a practical threat. If you do encounter some *paranormal activity* then just ignore it and move on with your life
>>
>>18461472
You can't really treat /x/ as a monolithic group. For that matter, "believing in ghosts" is a problematic statement. Certainly, everybody experiences things for which they have no explanation. The honest way to deal with this is to try and express the experience, and that's what this board is very good at: it provides a forum through which we try to reconcile the inexpressible aspects of our lives. I was a paranaormal investigator for several years, during which the vast majority of the claims made were able to be accounted for as sensitivity to EMF, lighting issues, pets, children, construction issues, and even what seemed to be the manifestation of unaddressed emotional issues being forced into awareness (whether consciously or unconsciously, it cannot be determined). I've only had one notable experience, where a flashlight I had just replaced the batteries in was drained very quickly, leaving me alone in an oppressive tunnel with a very hincty feeling in my gut and a flight-or-flight panic attack that sent me running back to the entrance. Obviously, if we could easily explain everything we encounter, then we'd have very little need for most of what fuels the many artifacts of culture. It is only through sharing our perspectives that we arrive at the metaphor of describable experiences that form the fabric of our collective reality.
>>
Once a friend and I were hanging out in my house and drinking, we were like 22 my dad died when I was 19. We were kinda joking about his ghost, and all of a sudden there were just taps/creaks/scratches happening all over the fucking place, like from every direction the house was just going apeshit. Nothing flying off the walls, just house noises but we both knew immediately that it was my dad's ghost. Both of our eyes watered and all the hair on us was standing up... it wasn't scary though we were like, "Holy shit!" and sorta laughed nervously.
>>
File: tumblr_mk8dft0cji1qzsq0xo1_400.gif (980KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk8dft0cji1qzsq0xo1_400.gif
980KB, 400x229px
>>18461472
OP, I look at it like this. When I was a kid, I loved scary movies, but as I got older, scary movies became just something I critiqued (good, average or bad), but they didn't literally scare me because I'm no longer a kid.

The paranormal itself is like scary movies for adults because while I may lean towards not believing in ghosts, there's still that possibility that I could be wrong, but a scary movie is just a movie and will be nothing more (as a kid that didn't matter), now as an adult I still like feeling spooked, so the paranormal itself (tales of UFOs, cryptids, unsolved mysteries, ghosts) still works for me.
>>
File: chaos.png (610KB, 1033x797px) Image search: [Google]
chaos.png
610KB, 1033x797px
>>18461472

Want a ghostly experience?

Kek seems to be laughing at "God's Chosen" with George Michael's Christmas death...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4
>>
File: bob-dobbs.gif (160KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
bob-dobbs.gif
160KB, 350x525px
>>18462055
out. get a real man's god, pink.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.