[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever been in a sensory deprivation tank? Is this the ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: BHHK7S9.png (327KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BHHK7S9.png
327KB, 600x450px
Anyone ever been in a sensory deprivation tank? Is this the ultimate unplugged from the matrix experience? Is there a chance I go permanently insane?

Please share experiences
>>
>>18459810

There are sensory deprivation tanks near me and they have groupons for them. I'm guessing they probably wouldn't advertise something that makes you go insane on groupon. I've heard it's an unreal level of relaxation if you're not claustrophobic.
>>
>>18459810

Been in one once, it's pretty relaxing and feels good. It messes with your head a bit while you're in there but purely because you're not really sure which direction you're floating. Like you can start to think you're spinning on different axes, but apart from that no mind fucking. You just kinda lie there and relax and think things. Not life changing but I'd recommend it, I imagine it could be life changing if I did it every day purely because it's a place to think uninterrupted.
>>
>>18459810
never was in one,but i imagine it being awesome when on acid or shrooms (didnt take any of those either yet sadly)
>>
File: Justfloat.jpg (708KB, 2200x1448px)
Justfloat.jpg
708KB, 2200x1448px
>>18459810
>Be in CA visiting family
>Cousin is a huge fucking hippy
>Asks if I want to a "float lab"
>Sure why the fuck not
>They put us in a big blue room with water
>Completely silent
>Laying on our backs in this big blue room
>Just floating there
>Look over at him just floating with his eyes close
>He's really into it
>I'm bored as fuck
>Suddenly have to fart really badly
>Blast ass so hard that bubbles splash
>Start snickering loudly
>"Dude really?!?"
>He gets really fucking mad
>Stands up and storms out of the room
>Tells employees I was disrupting his "float"
>Told to leave

Biggest waste of 40 dollars I've ever spent
>>
>>18460515

Hate to break it to you, but you are the retard in this story
>>
>>18460515
Found Homer Simpson.
How's Maggie?
>>
File: Costanza-wallet.jpg (20KB, 407x355px)
Costanza-wallet.jpg
20KB, 407x355px
>>18460515
>a place to think uninterrupted
Sounds amazing.
>>
>>18460144
I imagine it probably would be. One of the main draws of sensory deprivation is the tripping you can do totally sober inside them due to the Ganzfeld effect
>>
>>18460515
I think what you did was funny and your hippy cousin has no humour because he's so full of himself
i respect you
>>
File: 1371427905854.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1371427905854.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>18460515
I dont care what any one says on X. That story is fucking funny
>>
I was able to meditate perfectly in the deprivation tank. It took me a long time, I lost track of time in the tank (only a tangible hour) but I hit this pure zero state for a really long time and saw some insane stuff that i still can't get out of my head.

really need to do it again.
>>
File: 86.jpg (43KB, 365x480px)
86.jpg
43KB, 365x480px
>>18460647
I'm the retard for not wanting to sit in a room of water with another dude and just float there for 40 fucking bucks?

Right.
>>
>>18459810
Holy shit it isn't that cool. You float in some weird water for a little while.

Autists will probably say that you can see through into the larger connected consciousness of all, but trust me. I've done it. It is relaxing and that's about it.

Although it is cool when you come out. It's like your senses are tuned up to an eleven.
>>
>>18461034
You paid 40 bucks to get kicked out though.
>>
>>18459810

Floating is awesome.

I did two hours after a really hard few months. I came out of that tank feeling emotionally and physically refreshed.

Physical sensations of standing on things that aren't there, seeing the occasional artifact, mostly I just lost track of time and fell asleep, or at least it feels like sleep.
>>
>>18460515
LOL fuck your cousin
>>
Never been in one but my sister had to go in something like it for her underwater weighing test at the doctor. She had to put her hair in a ponytail for the test
>>
File: 1482614484950.jpg (89KB, 900x507px)
1482614484950.jpg
89KB, 900x507px
>>18461868
lol
>>
Did this with my uncle and brother when I was like 17. Only for 2 hours but I felt pretty relaxed after and towards the enday of being in it I felt really weird
>>
>>18460515
I went to a float lab in California a few years back, they had tanks instead of rooms, the inside smelled like total fucking shit and it wasn't relaxing at all, I honestly think only hippies can "experience" the "float"

Only mine cost about 30 bucks for an hour of floating in shitty smelling water, total rip off.
>>
I'm not claustrophobic in the slightest but Im a bit worried about the tank. I tend to overthink a lot of things in my life. Could it potentially have the opposite of a calming effect? I feel like theres at least some chance I would start to focus on all the bad shit in my life (of which there is plenty). I'm not normally a negative person but often times when I get into deep thought I tend to be down on myself.
>>
>>18461959

You could always, you know, get out of the tank if it starts to suck.
>>
>>18461983
Well duh. Nearest one is about a 25 min drive south for me though. I'm just wondering if it's worth the time and the money ya know? I don't want to go there and be pissed I just blew 70 bucks and the better part of my afternoon.
>>
>>18462012
I hear it is relaxing and great for busting stress. It should also be filled with 1000 pounds of epsom salt so you'd definitely be floating
>>
>>18461868
No. No. No!
>>
>>18461868
Not a pony tail...

So cruel.
>>
>>18460897
What did you see?
>>
>>18462575
I'm missing something here...
>>
>>18461868
Did She enjoy every moment of it?
>>
>>18460515
You are my hero
>>
>>18462625
I feel you
>>
File: 266a3c_3367070.jpg (913KB, 1278x4993px)
266a3c_3367070.jpg
913KB, 1278x4993px
>>18462625
>>
>>18460515
a champion among us
>>
>>18462747
What did I just read
>>
>>18462578
I posted this in another thread before after the image burned into my head but it was like.. two violet flower petals meeting at the middle and both rotating on an axis.

i just admired it for what felt like a very long time and then got kicked out of the mental state.
>>
>>18462747
Wait, so the only mysteries left are why his sister would enjoy wearing tight pants and a sportsbra underwater and what significance there was to the fake hair adjustment.
>>
>>18462818
Wait, the fact that her hair reminded him or the ymca meant nothing, it's that she must have enjoyed having her long hair flowing free in the water.

I think wearing the tight pants made him uncomfortable, but girls are more used to those for working out so she didn't mind?
>>
>>18462818
>>18462833
I think I got it.
>anon is like 13 or something so all his posts are incoherent wastes of time
>he and his sister are into sports/athletics, hence going to the ymca regularly and wanting to measure body density
>he views it as a waste of a day off, especially waiting for his sister; a number of things make her experience better than his
>they have to wear tight pants: he is uncomfortable in them but she is likely used to them from working out
>she assumes she has to tie her hair back (she probably swims competitively) but the doctor says not to, so she gets the rare enjoyment of being in the water with her hair flowing free
>op posts complaint on obscure chan because of how particular the details are
I think this covers it. I will clarify for any who ask.
>>
>>18462856
What does his house has to do with anything?

He doesn't say she like her hair loose on the water, he say she likes using sports bra an tight shorts. Maybe she likes doctors cock?
>>
Is there any noise in there? I think i'd go insane from tinnitus.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.