[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have paranormal shit related to technology? I just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

Anyone have paranormal shit related to technology? I just finished watching Serial Experiments Lain and I'm craving videos, pdfs, etc. that explore the topic of using technology to attain a higher level of spiritual purpose.
>>
>>18459732
I'm considering purchasing an EEG monitor in order to help explore mystical states. I think having some actualbio-feedback could be really useful.
>>
>>18459732
Lain is God-tier stuff, and bang on the money. The tech exists to do this stuff right now, be it to make a real-life god/goddess who can tap the collective minds of all humanity - or to fake a full-scale alien invasion.
The only thing stopping this being done is that once revealed, the cat is out the bag and can't be used as a surprise tactic anymore. Check out V2K (brontophonic) technologies for some shitz'n'giggles, anon.
>>
File: Kairo (2001).jpg (8KB, 201x285px) Image search: [Google]
Kairo (2001).jpg
8KB, 201x285px
>>
>>18459757
Is it Lain-tier?
>>
>>18459732
Deus Ex and Neuromancer and Isaac Asmiov

http://multivax.com/last_question.html
>>
>>18459732
Did not know about Serial Experiments Lain until you mentioned it. Watched the first episode and holy fuck, it's awesome. Thanks OP.

Anything else like this?
>>
>>18461045
You're going to be blown away man, enjoy.
>>
File: lainchan.png (34KB, 270x211px) Image search: [Google]
lainchan.png
34KB, 270x211px
Lain is love.
Lain is life.
Find her.
Begin your life.
>>
>>18460919
I don't think anything is quite like lain, but the movie is about some energy that is killing people via the internet, thats all I'll say. I saw it a long time ago and don't remember much, I've been wanting to rewatch it, but didn't remember the name.
>>
>>18459732
OP, check out the works of Timothy Leary and Terence McKenna. They're a bit cringy when it comes to all the drug/psychedelic shit (they have the typical american obsession with achieving enhanced states of consciousness through substances instead of actually doing it by yourself, which personally I find very very irritating), but they also were real fans of the internet and what it could mean on a spiritual level.

Also, I was watching Werner Herzog's last documentary last night on the Internet, and he interviews at some point Ted Nelson, who's also alluded to in SEL. He's a mad bastard, but has some brilliant ideas.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 1110x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 1110x720px
>>18461852
Lain brought me back from the dead
Lain taught me that love is infinite however small it may seem

Lain is always there and will always love you

LETS ALL LOVE LAIN
>>
File: smuglain.png (229KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
smuglain.png
229KB, 500x357px
>>18462275
Why do you have to pretend?
>>
File: image.png (184KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
184KB, 500x357px
>>18462280
What are you talking about my friend? I was lifeless and Lain showed me what life was. I have body of flesh and a soul, but I was dead for quite some time.
>>
>>18459732
Comp-sci nerd here, please explain, all of the "weird/paranormal" stuff I've seen in my life can be attributed to id10t errors between chair and keyboard.
>>
>>18462308
Btw, most aneemoo is retarded, so I honestly have no idea wtf you are referencing, op.
>>
File: aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg (61KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg
61KB, 630x630px
>>18462308
Like me spilling the bongwater.
Are you telling me that someone spilled the bongwater on your life, anon?
>>
>>18462314
Or cheeto dust into your keyboard.
A fucking neckbeard-god is getting his cheeto dust everywhere and that dust has found its way into that guy's life.
>>
>>18462314
Yes, but a keyboard shorted out due to spilled bong water is usually a quick diagnosis. Back to OPs question, are we talking about computer related weirdness or lights going out in the house for example? My tv does some weird stuff sometimes, but I attribute it to automated firmware/app updates.
>>
File: 1482830137657.png (94KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1482830137657.png
94KB, 256x256px
>>18462308
>>
File: 1430073450194.jpg (144KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1430073450194.jpg
144KB, 1600x900px
There's a great community for this stuff, yonder the 2dmatrix. You just have to scan for it.

Ill get you started.
https://ensorcel.org/
http://project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/literature.html
http://fauux.neocities.org/
>>
I swear I used to have a jelous DVD player. It would refuse to play any DVD that had been in another machine.
>>
>>18462269
>Also, I was watching Werner Herzog's last documentary last night on the Internet, and he interviews at some point Ted Nelson, who's also alluded to in SEL.
I was so, SO disappointed by that documentary. I know that it's meant for the general public or fans of Herzog's filmmaking, but the contents were "Babby's First Internets 101".

>>18462269
And John C. Lilly, he's directly referenced in SEL.
>>
>>18462544
The movie Altered States was based on the work of John C Lilly. I don't know if that's relevent, but I just wanted to recommend it, because it's an awesome movie.
>>
>>18462559
I know and I'm actually considering going to a nearby float lab partially thanks to Altered States. Hopefully I won't undergo reverse evolution, lol.
>>
Have a look at:
lainchanDOTorg

Decent cyberpunk imageboard, a lot of Cracky-Chan fans on there (4Chans' first female figurehead), she was like Lain in many ways...
>>
>>18462609
Can confirm, a really friendly community without the usual /pol/ shitheads. Pure information, zero ideology.
>>
>>18459732
the work of Ben Goertzel
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.