[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best proof of G-d's existence? I've come up with one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

File: written-rewritten.jpg (39KB, 400x517px) Image search: [Google]
written-rewritten.jpg
39KB, 400x517px
Best proof of G-d's existence? I've come up with one solid proof of evidence so far.. " The Virgin Mary apparitions" and " The miracles of Fatima" In b4 hurrrrr durrrr thousands of people hallucinated at one time hurrr.

Right.... At one time right??

You atheists never fail to amuse me... " god can come down from heaven and prove himself to you and you 'tards would still be in denial.

Hurrr I'm an atheist and I can't see air so it doesn't exist hurrrr" retards
>>
>>18459445
Pic related is pretty funny.
The bible has been rewritten more times than I've masturbated.
>>
>>18459445
the bible has been rewritten thousand of time. Get a hold of this guy
>>
>>18459466
Exactly
>>
>>18459445
Indication isn't proof.
>>
>>18459445
>book written by some guys
>rewritten every time new facts give greater insight

>book allegedly written by god thousands of years ago
>everything inside is assumed to still be valid today
Bonus points if you can't into latin, in which case you're not reading the bible, you're reading a rewritten interpretation of the bible.
>>
>implying that isn't demons performing those "miracles"
>>
File: 879.jpg (26KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
879.jpg
26KB, 600x420px
>G-d
>>
>strange thing happens
>It was god, aliens, mass halliucination, the jews
Why is it so hard for humies to admit they don't know something?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482506424246.jpg (40KB, 463x684px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482506424246.jpg
40KB, 463x684px
Infallible my ass
>>
File: 1475685472002-int.png (530KB, 473x468px) Image search: [Google]
1475685472002-int.png
530KB, 473x468px
>>18459633

The bible was written in Hebrew (OT) and Koine Greek (NT), not Latin.

The Latin vulgate is itself a mere translation from the original.
>>
File: 1469803389613700241.jpg (155KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469803389613700241.jpg
155KB, 1000x1000px
>>18459700
Lmao why did this shit tickle me so much
>>
>>18459445
>The bible is written by those trusted by god to write it
>the accounts of christ are written somewhere before the end of the second century, extremely conservative estimates put it no later than 70 years later
>in the first century AD
>that puts 2 generations between what happened and it being written down, at least
>70 years at least of the telephone game of verbal record
>over the next 20 centuries the book is rewritten in every common language in the world
>whole books are omitted by certain secs
>there are different versions of the same book in the same language for the same religion
>people think it's okay to mess with the book that was entrusted by god's chosen few to right
>people will base all their life choices off this abomination of a book

>Guy wants to know where people came from because thinking god blew life into clay is retarded
>man ventures on years of study of the wild and makes detailed observations of the natural world
>man offers hypothesis on where the the origin of the species came from based off observation
>man publishes findings for world to pick apart and investigate on their own
>over time more data reworks hypothesis
>some things are proven, others are removed because of evidence
>original hypothesis is refined into a theory (second only to a law) of nature
>rewritten because of new data, not because translational errors,
>people use scientific theory to answer a simple question

god this image annoys me, it's comparing rotten oranges to polished apples
>>
>>18461393
based anon is based
>>
File: m1lETT5.jpg (569KB, 962x3726px) Image search: [Google]
m1lETT5.jpg
569KB, 962x3726px
>>
>>18461533
>I, a mortal, cannot understand God's plan and therefore the fault must be with God and not I, being a human.
>>
>>18459445
>Virgin Mary apparitions
I find it fascinating that everywhere all around the world people see apparitions of the virgin Mary, I'm even more fascinated that every apparition of her isn't the same, but for whatever reason her appearance varies based off of local customs, like how when people in Japan see her she's japanese.
Another interesting thing was how these sighting fluctuated throughout the years, how after our lady of Guadalupe was investigated she seemed to show up a lot for the next hundred years. Then during the european renaissance, an age of enlightenment, sighting went down remarkably low. And as we entered the golden era, and the widespreading ability allowing anyone who claimed anything extraordinary become widespread and well know had nothing to do with the hard famine and wars going on. Then the modern era, where people could freely travel all around the world to see apparitions, so that would have been quite profitable to any local church to make a claim, but that would be cynical to think.

>The miracles of Fatima
That thing that people can't seem to agree what it was? Some said the sun was a pail ball of light zig zagging down, Another said it was like a spinning fire wheel, with every color of the rainbow showering down from it. Others said it looked blue. The only thing people agree on is the sun acted weird, it appeared to start to spin. Objectively I find it silly people seeing things while staring at the sun, but hey, it's only a actual effect that after staring at the sun long enough it starts to appear to dance around. Maybe you should go out and stare at the sun for 10 minutes straight and see if you see the virgin Mary yourself.
>>
>>18461533
This is so fucking edgy it hurts. I'm not a Christian but it's the retarded belief that Christianity is responsible for all the "suffering in the west over the past thousand years". That's not the religion, that's people. Yes, people are fucking hypocrites. No, the problem is not religion itself. Religion is good. Devoutly pious people (as in, non-hypocritical religious people) are some of the best people I've met in my life and I prefer their company (whether they're Buddhists, Muslims, Mormons, you name it) to that of an edgy atheist like that one who made this picture. Religion itself is good and people corrupt it because they're people. The Roman Catholic Church doesn't cast something unfavorable on Christianity but on the people who corrupt it. It could very well have been the Roman Muslim Church or Roman Buddhist Church and displayed the same bigotries. Fag.
>>
>>18461575
this
>>
>>18461564
>God works in mysterious ways
Fuck off, that's the shittiest catch all ever, like saying there can't be plot holes or coincidences in Star Wars because the force exists. It's a line Theists spew out when they're backed into a corner that admits their faith is based on flawed logic and is outside of reality and reason. If he's so above logical thinking what use is it trying to follow him? what use is it trying to preach for him?
>inb4 go back to r/atheism
>inb4 *tips fedora*
>inb4 you said logic reasoning and reality, fuck yourself pleb tier philosopher
>>
You know what pisses me off?

I can pray for hours for something to happen, and it probably wont. But if I do simple black magic for a few seconds accidentally it works. what the fuck is this?
>>
>>18459445
>Bible
>It is written incorrectly*

>Evolutionary THEORY*
>It is rewritten, and rewritten, and rewritten *to better reflect reality as more evidence is discovered, because the science is humble enough to accept when it is wrong and changes itself accordingly

Not even an atheist, but your fucking retarded, OP. Even if the abrahamic god does exist, then you have the problem of whether he can be trusted to tell the truth (pro-tip, he's not. The bible itself confirms that he is a liar and a hypocrite).

Keep sucking your sandnigger war god's dick, christcuck.
>>
>>18461613
Worship.

Apu Qun Tiqsi Wiraqucha y Con-Tici instead, more reliable.
>>
>>18461575
>that's so edgy it hurts
you haven't seen much edge have you? It's no worse than half the greentexts here. And nobody is saying christianity is the most evil thing in the world, that throw away line is retarded. Religion is like a stone and people are like a knife, people that leave it alone are of their own making and downfall. Some people grind the edge dull with misuse. Stabbing it only dulls your point. But some people can sharpen themselves with it, making themselves better. Religion is just one of the stones we all interact with.
>>
>>18459445
>atheist vs theist argument
>atheist uses anti-christian points
this isn't fucking /pol/, this is /x/. we can spend thousands of hours circlejerking how stupid the teachings of various religions were, but it won't bring us anywhere.

lack of credible proof of "paranormal incidents" appears to be the only reasonable argument for atheism. but even then, atheism is the clear stance that there isn't and cannot be a deity/creator of this universe.

but how did you reach the conclusion that there CANNOT be such a thing? lack of proof? what if this entity just doesn't to present itself to us? how can you be so sure as to decide that you are 100% right and actively defend this point? you can't. so you instead attack silly historical religions. which is why agnosticism is the closest to atheism normal/non-autistic people should get.
>>
>>18461611
>not figuring out the order to the chaos after the fact

lol at you

god works in the most mysterious ways once up
>>
>>18461700
No, ODIN works in mysterious (and metal) ways. Your god is a fucking fraud! Prove me wrong
>protip: you can't
>>
>>18459933
Actually it was in Aramaic.
>>
>>18459445
>hallucinations

The more plausible idea is that they're just lying.
>>
>>18461703
I certainly haven't seen any ice giants lately.
>>
>>18461706
No, it was Greek. Aramaic is the language Jesus would have spoken, but it wasn't written down in Aramaic.
>>
>>18461712
EXACTLY. This guy gets it.
>>
>>18459445
>god can come down from heaven and prove himself to you and you 'tards would still be in denial.

No I fucking wouldn't. If there was a single piece of hard evidence for any god I would sign up immediately but they all dropped off the radar when cameras showed up.
>>
>>18461703
Odin is a total faggot and a thief

Thor is fool who had sex with men and drank jizz
>>
>>18459445
>The Virgin Mary apparitions" and " The miracles of Fatima" In b4 hurrrrr durrrr thousands of people hallucinated at one time hurrr.
>This faggot never heard of mind over matter
Enough people focusing on the same thing can literally change reality anon, a modern example of this is meme magic causing Trump to be elected.

>>18459445
>god can come down from heaven and prove himself to you and you 'tards would still be in denial.
Look, god does exist but not in the christian sense of the word, god is not a magical invisible man that watches over you in the sky, it is what scientists call energy.

Ever heard that god is omnipotent? The only thing we know for sure is omnipotent is energy, so the association should be rather obvious, the fact it is not to most people is the entire problem.
>>
>>18462089
>The only thing we know for sure is omnipotent is energy

Energy by definition is not omnipotent though. It requires fuel and eventually entropy will win out.

>it is what scientists call energy.

I think you're confusing it with what Dragonball Z calls energy
>>
>>18462110
>It requires fuel and eventually entropy will win out.
No, it doesn't.

Energy can't be destroyed, this is newtons first law, did you not learn physics in school?

>>18462110
>I think you're confusing it with what Dragonball Z calls energy
No, that is chi, which is the energy produced by your own body by converting potential chemical energy stored in organic molecules, which was originally solar energy stored in the form of simple sugars through the process of photosynthesis.
>>
>>18462119
>Energy can't be destroyed, this is newtons first law, did you not learn physics in school?

Matter cannot be destroyed. Newtons first law only states motion which is not anything close to energy. It can be converted to energy that will dissipate as soon as the first law takes effect. Did you not learn physics in school?
>>
>>18462132
>Matter cannot be destroyed.
Holy fuck you are stupid as hell, never heard of nuclear fission?

Also, I confused the laws due to being drunk, im talking about the law of conservation of energy, not Newton's first law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted.
>>
>>18462143
>Holy fuck you are stupid as hell, never heard of nuclear fission?
Nuclear fission releases massive amounts of energy by fusing elements to heavier metals. The matter is not destroyed.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

You should click on the little tab that takes you to the first law of Thermodynamics since I can tell you aren't actually reading any of this

>Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted
First law of thermodynamics my man. You said it yourself with nuclear fission proving that energy can indeed be created and proved yourself wrong yet again linking an article about thermodynamics that states entropy will reduce it to zero.

I don't know what school you went to but I hope for their sake you weren't paying very close attention
>>
>>18459445
>Best proof of G-d's existence?

Evolution is a mathematical impossibility in this universe.

Odds of abiogenesis: 1 in 10^450
Odds of evolution by mutation/natural selection to the complexity level of a modern mammal: 1 in 10^3,000,000
Number of atoms in the universe: 10^80
Number of potential chemical reactions since the Big Bang: 10^120

The odds come from Marcel E. Golay. I've looked up other estimates, but they are WORSE. (For a more current author, Michael Denton mathematically rapes mutation+natural selection in his works.)

If this universe was a sim with true random inputs you would not expect to see abiogenesis even if you ran it 10^100 times. In fact if you did see it, it would be absolute iron clad proof that someone fucked with your sim.

If this universe was unbounded and infinite you would get abiogenesis. But habitable zones cannot last long enough for evolution to the complexity levels we observe on Earth. And that's a constraint governed by physical laws, not randomness, so it simply cannot happen.

Life did not originate in this universe. Something from another universe seeded this universe with life. (Assuming this universe isn't a sim.) And it's a damn good bet that bursts in the fossil record (i.e. Cambrian explosion) were genetic "upgrades."

What we call evolution is neither random nor "natural" as evolutionists define it. It's a designed system exploring options for survival. A genetic search algorithm. Randomness plays a role, but not the role your typical biology teacher proclaims.

A lot of religious claims rest on faith. You'll have to find your own answers. But as to the question of whether or not there is a creator God? There is. It's a mathematical certainty. Many discoveries in physics rested on math which was far less solid then the math that points to a creator.
>>
>>18462156
>Nuclear fission releases massive amounts of energy by fusing elements to heavier metals.
That is fusion, not fission.

Fission breaks an atom into subatomic particles, releasing all the stored energy in the process.

>>18462156
>You said it yourself with nuclear fission proving that energy can indeed be created
That is it, im done talking with you, go back to school. Just read the daam first line in the fucking link:

"Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another."

You better be trolling you fucking retard.
>>
>>18462165
>That is fusion, not fission.
Whoops. My point still stands that matter is not destroyed by either of them

>That is it, im done talking with you, go back to school. Just read the daam first line in the fucking link:

If you're not going to tab down to Thermodynamics you should at least read the second line in your own link:

" consequence of the law of conservation of energy is that a perpetual motion machine of the first kind cannot exist. That is to say, no system without an external energy supply can deliver an unlimited amount of energy to its surroundings"

Entropy wins out. Educate yourself my man
>>
>>18462175
>My point still stands that matter is not destroyed by either of them
No, fission literally destroys it, that is the whole concept of fission.

>>18462175
>" consequence of the law of conservation of energy is that a perpetual motion machine of the first kind cannot exist. That is to say, no system without an external energy supply can deliver an unlimited amount of energy to its surroundings"
This applies only to closed systems, the universe is not a closed system.
>>
>>18462179
>No, fission literally destroys it, that is the whole concept of fission.
Take a minute and google "Does Nuclear Fission destroy matter". I'm putting this in your hands because you're reaching flat-earther levels here

>This applies only to closed systems, the universe is not a closed system.
This runs contrary to your vision of energy from your first post which would require a closed system to function. The laws of conservation also state that energy in a CLOSED SYSTEM must remain constant and you've just stated the universe is NOT a closed system.
>>
>>18462188
I hope you are just acting retarded mate, either way im done talking with you, have a good day.
>>
File: 1472161965212.jpg (110KB, 577x459px) Image search: [Google]
1472161965212.jpg
110KB, 577x459px
>>18462197
Check'd and m8'd

Claims god is energy and stumbles over himself even more than the people who think he's a big invisible guy in the clouds
>>
>>18459718
Bump
>>
>>18461575
>>18461630

At least his edge is in the righ place. He edged where it neede to be.
>>
File: aeon.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
aeon.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>18462237
sometimes edge is the only way to fight the edgelords
>>
>>18462159
>Evolution is a mathematical impossibility in this universe.
Oh boy, I love when math gets involved, because numbers don't lie.

>Odds of abiogenesis: 1 in 10^450
Wrong. This is misleading as it is assuming the chance of an entirely completed microbe by purely random chance. Please read this http://evolutionfaq.com/articles/probability-life and learn that there's a bit more to it than that. The tl;dr, is that the REAL chance is 1 in 10^40. To quote the article;
>But remember that in the prebiotic oceans of the early Earth, there would be billions of trials taking place simultaneously as the oceans, rich in amino acids, were continuously churned by the tidal forces of the moon and the harsh weather conditions of the Earth.
You are also neglecting the fact that the odds aren't played just once for the entire universe, but again and again for every planet that is similar to earth in composition, the number of which is unknown, because
>Number of atoms in the universe: 10^80
Also wrong. That's the number of atoms in the OBSERVABLE universe. The size of the entire universe is unknown, since we haven't been able to observe where the edge (if any) is. The rest of the universe still exists, whether you can see it or not.
>What we call evolution is neither random nor "natural" as evolutionists define it.
Except that no evolutionist defines it at random. If you had looked into the subject seriously without confirmation bias, you would know this already.

>But as to the question of whether or not there is a creator God? There is. It's a mathematical certainty. Many discoveries in physics rested on math which was far less solid then the math that points to a creator.
Wrong. Your math here is faulty for the reasons I've already pointed out.

>inb4 fedora tipping
I actually DO believe in a creator god, but I sure as shit won't claim it's a mathematical certainty and base it on faulty/cherry picked data, and ignorance of variables, conditions, and other factors.
>>
>>18461669
Pussy
>>
>not being agnostic
Nothing can be proved, Tito Descartes "Descartesman" baby said it best when he said I think therefore I am.
>>
File: IMG_0330.png (2MB, 3327x4418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0330.png
2MB, 3327x4418px
>>18459445
Let's start a conversation by talking like we're in grade school. Kek. Fear of death is just what it sounds like.

I'm not an Atheist.
>>
File: demrules.png (221KB, 1111x839px) Image search: [Google]
demrules.png
221KB, 1111x839px
I have a good pic right here
>>
Look into the dark
>>
>>18463281
Dont you have some vampire dick to suck pucci?
>>
File: 1482523967664.png (666KB, 824x934px) Image search: [Google]
1482523967664.png
666KB, 824x934px
>>18465261
Just counting the prime numbers.
>>
>>18463314
Lol maybe this nigga should actually read the Bible instead and stop quoting the West Wing. Much of the Old Testament clearly got btfo by jesus you autist.
>>
File: 1335469377883.jpg (43KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
1335469377883.jpg
43KB, 638x638px
>>18459445
Cool story bro
>>
>LOL dinosaurs totally had feathers now despite there being no proof over the past 100 years of research

>But hey, we found this one thing that looks like feathers, so now they all had them LOL
>>
>>18459445
You're thinking too conventionally. The entire concept behind deities and "God" are created by people to give an explanation behind testimonies and happenings they cannot explain or to exploit [people like you] for their lack of knowledge and indoctrinate an adulterated version of "the truth" for ulterior motives or to prevent you from asking difficult questions. Our search for the truth is a path too long for our short lives to walk across. And even if you do discover these truths, it may be too much for you to understand or it may be a major disappointment.
>>
>>18459445
>g-d
O
>>
>>18459445

>"I've come up with one solid proof of evidence..."

>miracles of fatima

op is an idiot

https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary-Popular-Delusions-Charles-Mackay/dp/0486432238
>>
>>18461575
A non-religous person with some actual sense on the matter.
Ultra-rare thank You
May G-d bless you and yours, mate.
>>
File: fec.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fec.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
>>18467173
>thinks posting an amazon link is an argument

How's high school
>>
>>18459466
>more times than I've masturbated.
impossible
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.