[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REDPILL INCOMING Auras are not what you think. You're not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

REDPILL INCOMING

Auras are not what you think. You're not seeing some kind of energy field around a person's body. Yes, I know you can see them, but it's not an energy field.

What you have is basically person-color synesthesia, and it's not a paranormal phenomenon. The part or parts of your brain that produce the experience of color are wired to the part or parts of your brain that have to do with people, and if you're a projecting synesthete, you see colored auras around people as a result.

Not everybody even gets the auras. Some folks see colors when people speak or when they think of people instead of the colored energy outline.

Not trying to shit on your parade; it's still a really fucking cool phenomenon and it's wonderful that there are people who experience it, but you're not dealing with anything paranormal.

That is all.
>>
File: 1482734970322.jpg (92KB, 460x398px) Image search: [Google]
1482734970322.jpg
92KB, 460x398px
>>18459175
I should add:

This is probably why hallucinogens let you see auras. It's the same reason that they allow people who can't normally see music to see it. Parts of your brain dealing with separate things activating concurrently.
>>
>>18459182
its also probably why names like 'martha' or 'somali' have a satanic evil vibe, even though i don't know any marthas or satans. it just tastes really bad.
>>
>>18459175

Interesting. TIL.
>>
File: 1482448442239.gif (420KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
1482448442239.gif
420KB, 616x338px
>>18459186
Well, if the names literally taste bad, then that's definitely lexical-gustatory synesthesia. If it's just a vibe, then yeah, maybe the part of your brain that deas with vibes is wired to the part that deals with words. I dunno.

You ever read or hear about the Bouba/Kiki effect? It's interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouba/kiki_effect

I'm personally of the belief that most or all people have several forms of synesthesia/ideasthesia and don't realize it. It seems to draw more attention when it's something as prounounced as color or sound that's cross-wired to something, but I think that most people have stuff that, while not often thought of as being such, is probably the same sort of phenomenon.

And I'd be willing to bet money that people who can see colored auras are more likely to have other forms of synesthsia as well.

>>18459198
Good! I'm glad to share something interesting and educational.
>>
>>18459203
You're cool and your thread is cool. /x/ needs more folk like you.
Good on ya, pal.
>>
>>18459203
>Bouba/Kiki effect
wow i didn't know this had a name. i could probably map anything in existance to a set of 6 geometrical shapes that correspond with 6 colors.
tastes are more nuanced though, as well as other indescribable 'feels'. like a gradient.
awesome, even the synethesia name is cutesy sweet. thanks
>>
>>18459217
No problem.

And I think it's cool to talk to somebody who appreciates words like that. Mine are painted.
>>
I can confirm auras are real, but they are not what you think they are. Auras are an alien parasite. The colour dictates their rank and class. They have been with us since Atlantis, and their true purpose is sinister.
>>
>>18459232
Occam's razor dictates that this is unlikely to be true.
>>
>>18459175
>Not trying to shit on your parade

But that's exactly what you're doing.

You took the time to make a thread about this to tell people that they're wrong.
>>
>>18459251
I suspect so, since I just made it up. Who knows though, maybe.
>>
>>18459251
Occam's razor is a bottom tier logical substitute for coming to your own conclusions.
Sorry, sometimes the world is more complex than we would like to believe.
>>
>>18459175

Yeah. I had this when I swallowed two Flintstone lsd tabs. It was like the lsd unlocked a part of my brain that allowed me to see things in a different dimension. You know what I mean.
What if monkeys ate shrooms somehow and unlocked parts of their brain and thats how we evolved from chimps
>>
>>18459251
Occam's razor also dictates that universal existence does not exist, let alone life, let alone advanced life, let alone intelligent life.
>>
>>18459254
oh boo hoo. what are you even doing here? go bak to your reddit hugbox
>>
>>18459626
intelligent life can be directly observed. you dont need occams razor genius
>>
>>18459620
We didn't evolve from chimps.
>>
>>18459636
I know, dumbass. I'm referring to the very existence of it. Occam's razor dictates that the outcome least complicated will most likely be true. Well, existence itself out of an endless void is the single most unlikely "thing" ever.

I'm not saying intelligent life is unlikely to exist. It exists, out of endless unlikely scenarios. Occam's razor says that there shouldn't be life. Occam's razor says that, if there were life, it would remain in its simplest of configurations. Occam's razor says that intelligence is unnecesary and unlikely. Thus, by our own existence, Occam's razor is BTFO in almost endless ways.
>>
You say that if we see colors and auras its because the near conection between personal meetings and color identification on the brain.

But you don't say nothing about the fact that probably are near and connected to help you to identify some aspects of the world and not by simple posibility.

You think its a casuality, but how nature choose the valid and evolutive capacity? Trial and error its probabilistic but when a evolving trace works its cause is useful for the evolved sistem. And replies itself for future improving.

Of course in humans it come to be one of the posibilities, but the most natural or ciclical one.

Evolution is not stupid, make us what we are, even by probability
>>
>>18459678
You would enjoy the works of Charles Sanders Peirce. Specifically, "Man's Glassy Essence."
>>
>>18459175
REDPILL INCOMING

"Auras" don't fucking exist
>>
File: 1469654703923.png (2MB, 2192x2680px) Image search: [Google]
1469654703923.png
2MB, 2192x2680px
>>18459175
ACTUAL REDPILL INCOMING

OP doesn't know what they're actually talking about.

An aura is attached to the chakras, the red chakra has the rigid lined etheric auric body.
The orange chakra has the amorphous cloudy-like emotional body that overlaps the etheric one but also consists of the etheric auric body.
The yellow chakra has the rigid lined mental auric body, that overlays the emotional auric body and etheric auric body but also is made up by them.
Then there's green chakra auric body well known as the astral body or a larger amorphous cloud of rainbow energies that can be used to remote view and is as the previous ones overlaying the prior auric bodies while being made up by them simutaneously.

But believe what you want. I'm just a Chakra Alchemist who studies metaphysics, hermetics, philosophy, alchemy, and desires to be a career psychonaut, or explorer of the psychology of spiritual consciousness.
>>
>>18459566
>sometimes the world is more complex than we would like to believe
Nah. The world is a lot simpler than you'd like to believe.
>>
>>18461632
>career psychonaut

HAHAHAHAHA

Get a job hippie.
>>
>>18459175
What you seem to be addressing here is the value in calling auras "paranormal" when they can be explained through an extension of the phenomenon of synesthesia.

You're not wrong, and it's good to have a scientific description of the process. However, just because you can attach a framework of neuroscience to it doesn't make it any better understood. It's still a phenomenon that deserves investigation and discussion, and can't be written off as "solved."

Nietzsche, all the way back in the 19th century, warned of the dangers of "Sciencism" by explaining that he saw many who filled the post-enlightenment void of reason and science with just as much fervent belief that once science gave an explanation for something, it was somehow dismissable. How these auras, whatever process there is at work in their perception, connect to our interaction and provide information to those who see them, is very much relevant to the interests of increasing our understanding of how we interpret the world around us.

What does the neuroscientific explanation of auras suggest, for example, about other aspects of empirical information? Is there any similarity between the way synesthetes construct their non-traditional meaning? How do the words and experiences between the stories match up, and what does that suggest about the information?
>>
>>18461878
what a clean response man
>>
Your numbers lie
>>
>>18459232
>Tom Cruise pls go
>>
It is not paranormal. It is supernatural to today's world and time. Now, what is interesting about this phenomenon is the fact that since the ability itself is attuned to people and you have come up with your own meaning for each color, you will train your brain to show you a certain color whenever relevant information is presented to it. The subconscious plays a part in this and it becomes easier for the conscious part of the brain to recognize more of the subconscious part, resulting in new conscious knowledge and information. The more you create these bridges between the conscious and subconscious, the more you will increase your potential and the further you will advance your abilities toward the realm of the subconscious, which knows much more than the conscious mind does.
>>
>>18464223
To add on to this, once you can recognize your meaning for each color and apply it to your intuition, you will begin to use it whenever it applies. This includes, but is not limited to, dealing with people, figuring out the flow of energy within and/or around an area, decrypting truth and false and other situations where you will need an extra deduction ability. Of course, this ability increases with the amount of empathy you have, which is increased by the amount of time you spend finding meaning in something. To you. Or others. Whatever gets you going.
>>
Don't even get me started on hallucination.
>>
>>18461632
Just slap a shit ton of images together in a mess that looks like a hipster with shit flash art tattoos everywhere.

Its a fuckin
>>
>>18459175
Baby's first scientific realization.

Those are usually wrong.
>>
>>18459175
Can I use this redpill as a suppository?
>>
>>18459175
Electromagnetic fields that allow brains to interface with eachother like wireless internet are the real auras.
The entire world is connected, and the more populous it becomes, the more powerful the network will be.
>>
>>18459648
Anon, Occam's razor is only utilized when there are no other tools or methods being practiced or available, where in situations with no other available methods, OR prevails
>>
>>18459186
Explains Martha Stewart.
>>
>>18468704
Please tell me about the tools and methods being practiced and available to measure or "test" reality and existence itself.

And no, theories are not tools.
>>
Consider suicide.
>>
File: 1325496871270.jpg (117KB, 352x259px) Image search: [Google]
1325496871270.jpg
117KB, 352x259px
>>18459175
What if ive never seen any of these "colors"?
>>
>>18469246
Then you belong to the 99+% population. Same with most other /x/ stuff. You won't see/experience it until you seek it and actively work towards it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.