[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not all that religious. Never was. But my grandfather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: cry.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
2MB, 350x197px
I'm not all that religious. Never was.

But my grandfather was a good man, lived his life by the bible, never hated anyone or anything.

I still ponder something that happened to me during his funeral services.

I was hit with the most intense vision, more of an image in my head, as I looked at his casket. I saw him stepping off a longboat onto a sandy shore, one hand supporting himself on the elaborate bow of the boat, the other hand held steady by his wife, my grandmother.

I have never had that intense of a thought in my head that I don't think I personally thought of, it just sort of bloomed, I like to think it was him showing me something, but then again why me and not his two children? Or any of my cousins?

I was close to him in the end, and it turns out I was the last one of relation to see him alive. But I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
>>
>>18448833
was this your first funeral?
>>
>>18448876
I know it's a hell of a late time to say, but no.

I have been to eight, most of them family, first one something like this ever hit me.
>>
>>18448833
Im sorry man i have been where you are, the image you had in your head is only your imagiation. and the loss will only make you stronger. keep going mate
>>
>>18448833
You can talk to your grandfather whenever you want, he's still listening, anon.
>>
>>18448965
nice post anon
>>
>>18448975
Thank you!
>>
>>18448833

Your grandpa is real proud of you I think anon.

He's with your grandma now, but he's also with you.

It's a beautiful image isnt it?
>>
>>18448833
Lovely image, op. I think the question of why did this come to you and not your parents might be that the relationship is often simpler, clearer, for grandparents/kids. Even though it hurts to lose them, there is a clearer route to your mind compared to when you lose a parent.

I've had visions, and have become able to create them if I want to explore something. I honestly don't know if it is the mind creating images to make sense of an issue, or if the vision has a different source or some objective existence of its own. Sometimes it seems that way, when a vision is spontaneous, detailed and clear. One feature which tends to make me think I'm viewing something with a degree of reality to it is that there is often something unexpected in the vision, something I would not have been likely to imagine myself.

I never used to be particularly visual, I suck at art, but the more I accepted that information could come to me this way, the more it happened.

Whether your vision was your imagination making sense of a painful time, or a visual interpretation of an actual moment in your grandad's journey, the impression that I get from it is that it gave you a felt sense of your grandad, who he was, and that he is OK now. Treasure it; write it down, in as much detail as you can, as those details might fade with memory. Thanks for posting.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.