[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes, when I'm trying to sleep, and I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1481823060134.jpg (21KB, 344x328px) Image search: [Google]
1481823060134.jpg
21KB, 344x328px
Sometimes, when I'm trying to sleep, and I'm trying to picture something, it's distorted to the point to where I can't create it's shape in my head. For example, I think of my hand, but when I try to "see" it, it constantly expands, morphs, and shrinks. I have no fucking idea what causes it but it goes away when I fall asleep
>>
yes I have this too, like im barely concious and i think of a body part
or something like a thought picture of my torso or arm or something and it gets really small or grows or whatever.
I remember wanting to google the phenomena but couldnt be assed to figure how to word the concept in a way that would get search results
>>
>>18447133
Search for phantom limb.
>>
>>18447141
Isn't that just when you have a limb amputated and still **feel pain as if it was there?
>>
>>18447121
oh fuck i think i found it from googling >>18447141
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_syndrome
"The person may find that they are confused as to the size and shape of parts of (or all of) their body. They may feel as though their body is expanding or getting smaller."
"It appears that AiWS is also a common experience at sleep onset"
etc
>>
>>18447157
I guess this is it, but it's not just my body, it's anything I try to picture in my head, from other people's faces to trees or whatever
>>
>>18447160
yeah it says objects in general. I cant remember I just sort of remember body parts. I only get this when im falling asleep I hope it isnt an early sign that in 40 years its going develop into some kind of mental condition for me/us.
Anyone else?
>>
>>18447160
This is not a mental defect. This is just you realizing that your ability to recall images and sustain them with concentration is shit.

Go meditate or something, you fuck.
>>
>>18447183
I have no problem recalling things at all, this only happens like once a month when I'm trying to sleep
>>
>>18447187
If you don't have problems recalling things normally, then this is a product of a tired brain. You lose some ability to concentrate on the image since you're tired and it begins to distort. Try it when you're not tired instead.
>>
Happens to me too. It was scary when I was little but now I kind of enjoy to see things expand/shrink infinitely, chills me out
I guess its just a common hallucination upon entering sleep state and not a thing to worry about
>>
Me too, and it gets worse when I open my eyes and see the complete darkness of my room, it feels so real to the point it's scary. I thought I was the only one feeling that, can you tell us more?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.