[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /x/ I never come onto this board but /adv/ suggested I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Grim-Reaper.jpg (31KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Grim-Reaper.jpg
31KB, 615x410px
Hello /x/

I never come onto this board but /adv/ suggested I look for guidance here. I recently for myself in a dangerous and possibly life threatening situation. I'm fine now, but I was rattled mentally when it happened.

I want to be more okay with death and dying and my own mortality, I really judt want to be free of the fear of death (my own).

Could you recommend any books, philosophies, movies, concepts, etc. That discuss or address conquering fear of death? Or that has helped you address similar fear?
>>
>>18446202
im not scared of death
i know that when i die ill be with my Father
can you say the same? have you repented?
in terms of books to read, i know this really great one, its called the Bible
>>
>>18446291
>christianity
Right.
OP read some Nietzsche, look into solopsism. Find comfort in the fact that when you die you may find out you are god, but probably not.
>>
>>18446291
lololololololololol even for /x/ that's a bit of a fairy-tail
>>
>>18446299

X D lulz i kno rieght guize?
>>
>>18446295
you arent a god and wont become one when you die tho
the Bible tells you what happens when you die
>>
>>18446202
You fear the sole thought of death more than actual death itself. Demons are playing with your mind whilst feeding off the fear you create.
Accept the feeling of fear inside of you and stop resisting it. The feeling of fear inside of you is like a cloud in the sky you cant make it go away. Just observe it, accept it and before you know it it is gone and forgotten.
>>
I am soo happy that I look and feel young and that my health is amazing and I have everything I want given to me. I don't fear anything. Gosh thank you OP for reminding me.
>>
File: transmigration.jpg (1MB, 4200x2295px) Image search: [Google]
transmigration.jpg
1MB, 4200x2295px
Bhagavad Gita as it is.
>>
>>18446470
it might be taken away from you soon if you continue trampling on others that are already down. Just like that fallen "star" britney you might fall.
>>
>>18446480

There are better versions of Bhagavad Gita elsewhere without the cult dogma.The problem with that version (BV As It Is)is they stop short of putting words into the mouth of Krishna (to give you the hard sell for ISKON), they even go so far as to describe Vishnu, Siva and Brahman as "demons". "Demons" is how they choose to describe non-ISKON members too.
The ISKON cunts are good at splitting families up and brainwashing them to worship that old pedo fucker Prabhupada (you can even buy creepy ikons of him on eBay), HE is the main focus of ISKON and not Krishna.
>>
>>18446532
Not in ISKCON though prabhupad's definition is most appropriate for the gaudiya vaishnava tradition. No where in any scripture does it describe vishnu siva or bramhan as demons. Yes ISKCON has many problems especially in regards to ritvik philosophy.
>>
>>18446543

I have owned a copy of it (BG As it Is) and ditched it for a Penguin edition until I get something better. The "Demons" comment is by Prabuphada (or whoever was writing the footnotes which comprise about 60% of the book). I am quite sure these "Brahman, Vishnu & Siva as Demons" footnotes refer to chapter 17 or 18, which both of which discuss the 3 modes(light fire & darkness).
I assure you that the "Demons" comments do exist in BV As It Is, and this was a major reason I ditched it in favour of a more balanced and accurate translation, rendered by someone who did it for love - not money, or power over mindless sycophants.
>>
>>18446774
The three modes of material nature are governed by the following - Vishnu over the mode of goodness, Shiva over the mode of darkness and bramhan over the mode of passion. None of these refer to demons in any way. Srila prabhupada was absolutely sincere in his translation which had previously been perverted by mayavadi philosophers.
>>
>>18446781
You sound like one of those malnourished braindead assholes in the city centre,"Hey maaan, would you like to help the 3rd world"? I would scan it to shut you up if I had not binned it (which is unusual as I would normally give my old books to a charity shop). Your IDOL Prabhupada is a fagit and so are you. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>18446791
There are a plethora of versions online. I implore you to find any trace of your claims. Hare Krsna.
>>
File: IR.png (858KB, 1152x767px) Image search: [Google]
IR.png
858KB, 1152x767px
READ THE ENCHRIDEON OF EPICETUS. ITS A GREAT STOIC APHORISM BOOK.

Also read the TAO TE CHING
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.