[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the occultism in the Silent Hill series more than just made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: halo_of_the_sun.png (99KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
halo_of_the_sun.png
99KB, 2400x2400px
Is the occultism in the Silent Hill series more than just made up game lore?
Reason I'm asking is because about 6 years back when I had a psychosis that lasted about a year I had several out of body experiences where I found myself in the Fog World and Otherworld.

Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
It's made up shit for the most part. Obviously some of it has some grounds in real occult practices, but that's based on the concept alone. Fringe science and occult practices rarely meet like they do in SH. As for your out of body experiebce, my guess is that your knowledge of the game and its lore bled into your experience, mych like it would in a dream.
>>
File: 258639-sh2_neelybar_hole.jpg (246KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
258639-sh2_neelybar_hole.jpg
246KB, 1024x768px
>>18435718
I played 1-4 a long time ago. I just realized a lot of the runes on that sigil are real. And some of the other symbols look like they're based off of ones from the zodiac and alchemy. Those games are so awesome.

I wouldn't want to fuckin go there, though.
>>
>>18435718
Mostly made up. Fog world, otherworld are either abstract representation of protagonist minds, or limbo, so I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting.

Also Flauros is a real goetic demon, but even fucking Castlevania has those, so it's hardly impressive. That's about as far as 'accuracy' of these games gets.
>>
>>18435718
It's a mish-mash of negative Gnosticism, some alchemy and Goetia. There is a specific book that the team pulled from for names and designs, but it's not an accurate representation of any one occult system.

Firstly, there is no "fog world" in the games. There's one real world and the "God" the cult worships (who is a demiurge/a false creator demon, sometimes called Samael) warps it around you. The fog is actual fog from the lake, but is like a field of influence the "God" has.
When you're inside the fog, the "God" then manifests your worst nightmares, guilts, or the trauma of others to create a world of suffering around you. The only other dimension is the "Otherworld", but it's more so a highly warped version of reality designed to be nightmarish and terrible to the max.

Like, there is things like that across occultism and spirituality, but nothing specifically the same as Silent Hill. Read up on any spiritual thought and you'll find different types of "hell" or "limbos".
>>
>>18436666
>the god is called samael
Confirmed for not getting the god's nature in the games.
>>
>>18436863
It's not a god, it's a demon.
>>
>>18436950
It's a delusion made real by the power of the town. The collective faith in a "God" manifests it. It's not a demon per se and it's as close to a real God as you can get. Wanting to cleanse the world doesn't make him a demon, most gods would be demons by that measure.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.