[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***WARNING*** DO NOT DO THIS EXPERIMENT UNLESS YOU TRULY WANT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: dark_retreat.jpg (74KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
dark_retreat.jpg
74KB, 1680x1050px
***WARNING*** DO NOT DO THIS EXPERIMENT UNLESS YOU TRULY WANT TO FIND THE TRUTH!

> The Dark Retreat Experiment

This is it. The final ''red pill''.

Remember, nobody can be told what the truth really is... You have to see it for yourself. No word can describe this experience.

What is the dark retreat experiment? It's something only very experienced monks did to become enlightened. What this experiment consists of:

> Be in a completely pitch dark room for 30 days
> No audio & visual stimulation. This can't be done if your parents are next door making a shit load of noise
> Bring food that doesn't have to be heated and that can be eaten without you have to really see it, just feel it. Bring gallons of water.
>>
>>18435238
Research has shown that in prolonged darkness a biochemical reaction in the brain is causing extraordinary molecules like DMT to be synthesized which trigger altered states of perception allowing for accelerated evolution towards the Revelation of the Self and a Consciousness of Oneness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_retreat
http://dark-retreats.com/
>>
File: dark_retreat --.png (67KB, 521x1034px) Image search: [Google]
dark_retreat --.png
67KB, 521x1034px
Way over kill there Mr. "Oh look what I just found!!" OP
>>
Anyone here done this?
>>
blind people are enlightened people

also this is the true way to find the truth

> The Joe Rogan Dark Floatation Tank Experiment

This is the final "red pill". All you need is to stay in a sensory deprivation tank for 30 days. You can infuse the liquid with vitamins so you don't need to eat food. You can also piss in the tank because it is liquid.
>>
i'd be afraid of missing the toilet when i had to take a piss in absolute darkness.
>>
File: Helen Keller.jpg (98KB, 290x387px) Image search: [Google]
Helen Keller.jpg
98KB, 290x387px
> No audio & visual stimulation
so what does this make deaf-blind people? i'm curious.
>>
>>18435264
I did this as part of a summer project back in college, it was 4 days.

Unfortunately, I did not experience anything for the most part. It wasn't until the end of the lock down that I thought I was making a connection, but it was just my roommate giving me the heads up that he was going to undo the seals and let a bunch of light in.

Maybe worth going the whole 30 days.
>>
>>18435238
>30 days.

You can definitely do this for 12-18 hours if you want. You'll see some shit
>>
File: Heres-Johnny.jpg (23KB, 297x450px) Image search: [Google]
Heres-Johnny.jpg
23KB, 297x450px
>>18435238
Some call it the shining some call it stir crazy, others call it schizo
>>
>>18435238
Are you supposed to piss and shit under yourself? Yeah, I'd imagine this to be very 'spiritual'.
>>18435264
Well, that solves the shit problem, but - aren't small bathrooms easiest places to fucking stumble and kill yourself in the dark? Everything in a bathroom is hard porcelain.
>>18435321
Vitamins help regulate your metabolism, but you will still need to eat. You will die from dehydration in several days, or from starvation in about a month, more or less. Oh, nice, and the stay is exactly a month too!
If you piss in the tank, a) you will start to dilute it and it will lose the sensory deprivation properties (there's a reason these tanks don't use simply water, and your piss is p much dirty water) and b) you will start absorbing shit from your fucking urine through your skin. You know, the thing that your body is so desperately filtering out that it will even give up precious water to do so.

Honestly, I personally doubt that staying for a weekend on a shitter, constantly jacking off from boredom, and eating beef jerky with piss-stained hands while drinking tap water is the road to spiritual enlightenment. Just saying.
>>
>>18435301

Yes.

>read about the Dark Retreat on another forum
>Live on my own
>Tell parents and anybody that may disturb me that I'm away camping for the weekend
>Go to spare room and cover over windows with insulation to keep out noise and light
>Do the same on the back of the door. Seal seams to stop light coming in
>Arrange items in separate corners of the room for easy retrieval
>Bed in one corner, slop bucket in other, food and water in the third corner
>Leave nothing in the fourth corner which is next to the door so I know how to get out.
>Shit, Shower and Shave
>Go to room and seal myself in
>Lie on bed, go through various relaxation methods
>There for what feels like an eternity
>Getting pretty bored
>Mind wanders
>Start thinking sexy shit
>Ten minutes later I'm fapping to my hearts content
>Nut everywhere
>"Fuck, this is gonna stink in a few hours"
>Best clean up
>Spend rest of the day playing vidya
>>
>>18435240
So you can go to your local dealer and buy a shitload of DMT.
becoming enlightened is easy peasy brah
>>
>>18435238
Dark retreat???
So nothing changes???
Captcha: solde solde solde 4500
>>
What about the toilet situation? Won't that be a mess?
>>
>>18435238
This will make you lose your marbles.
>>
>>18435301
It's sensory deprivation. You will eventually start to hallucinate because your brain doesn't like being idle.
>>
>>18435238
This is great and all but HOW DO YOU SHIT?
>>
>>18438919
You laugh, you die. Scratch your nose, you die. You shift your weight to take a piss, you will die.

>You want to shit, you better shit in yo pants.
>>
>>18435238
> No audio & visual stimulation. This can't be done if your parents are next door making a shit load of noise
> Bring food that doesn't have to be heated and that can be eaten without you have to really see it, just feel it. Bring gallons of water.

kek fucking casuals
Japan has this shit on lock down with NEETS
>>
>>18435238
I read somewhere before that a few weeks of complete darkness can make people blind. That's why people born blind can't just take other people's eyes and see like magic. The brain plays a role and 30 days is like shutting down regions of your brain permanently although idk if that plays a significant role for your 'redpill' methodology.
>>
>>18439486
Thats fucking retarded. What are you, some naruto faggot that thinks you can just pop out somebodys eyes and pop them into your own eye sockets like it's christmas?

You can't transplant eyes, because it's difficult as fuck. A biological eye is way too complex to transplant. That's why they try to make mechanical ones instead, which they have had great success with by the way.
>>
This experiment is wrong and will destroy your brain. We had to go through three generations to figure out the best way to do it.
>>
>>18439621
Three generations of what?
>>
>>18439629
roleplay
>>
>>18439629
Types of sensory deprivation and environments to do it in. It's a very destructive science on the basil ganglia.
>>
>>18439592
What naruto? too much cartoon?

FYI there are eye donors IRL and cornea is what's needed.
Some blind people only need their corneas replaced.
People who are born with shut eyelids have fully functioning eyes but most of the time even if you separate their eyelids or fix the muscle the eyes won't function because brain is not hardwired for it anymore which is supposed to develop after birth. Also people with growing tumors on the face to the point it blocked their eyes - most of have gone blind because the brain dropped eye sensory because why not use it for something else? I remember cornea transplantees (not necessarily blind) need to recover after a month or they become blind. If a blind man can recognize even a hint of light they're still operable.
>>
>>18439660
>>18439592

... in other words not exposing yourself to any form of light (according to OP) can make you blind. There's a reason why cave fishes that are found on the surface go blind.

also
>No audio
Ever heard of the world's quietest chamber?

>>18439642
There's a reason why scientists have what they call "Guinea pigs" and "rats."
>>
>>18439660
The eye have more than one sensory input, it has the classic vision, the one that percieves colors and shape, and another that recognize light and shadows, plus distance and shapes, some people are blind on one channel but it can still see for the other.
>>
...or, take a large dose of a naturally occurring psychedelic, with an experienced trip sitter; and make it a week-end event.

>Be in a completely pitch dark room for 30 days
>30 days

aint nobody go time for that... I'm retired, and I don't even have time for that.
>>
>>18435238

..sounds pretty fucking brutal dude. Yeah sure I can survive on that 1 or maybe 2 days but a whole month..? hell no.
>>
>>18436526
>Honestly, I personally doubt that staying for a weekend on a shitter, constantly jacking off from boredom, and eating beef jerky with piss-stained hands while drinking tap water is the road to spiritual enlightenment. Just saying.

Oh. Thats a point to consider i say
>>
File: dhumdhumdhumavati.jpg (81KB, 593x600px) Image search: [Google]
dhumdhumdhumavati.jpg
81KB, 593x600px
>>18439690
30 days is excessive, but 30 days is what's needed.

Experienced trip sitters would destroy the effect.

I did this once, when I was hiding from my dad. My dad had spent all the food money, and so i starved myself rather than eat the unsalted flour and water biscuits that my mom would make when we were utterly broke.

The trailer was big, and it had a walk in closet that contained a secret compartment,probably from a previous tenant's drug operation. But it was utterly hidden from my parents.
I was terrified of my father, who had become obsessed with meat and booze to the detriment of my babby-yogini self.

It was dark and stuff, but I prefered the hidden space much more than the stench of beer, and my dad's loud country-rock trash.

I found silence in that space, and eventually I tripped balls. I learned about my future, because I was there at my crossing over. I met the Buddha, as Avalokitesvara. She was gorgeous, and then she sang a mantra to me, that eventually got me discovered, as I could only speak it , not remember it until I noticed the weird saltless cake my mom would make, and I ate it, and then I accidentally drnk my urine, but it tasted like something weird, but then I fell into a deeper sleep, where I met what I believed to be demons/pagan gods seen by young christian eyes.

When my parents found me, they said I was naked except for a red dress that was in the closet wrapped around me. , and my pupils fully covered my eyes.

I was unhappy to see the light, so I wanted to return, I supposedy screamed "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" at them, before collapsing.

I woke up being carried by my dad to my cuban-doctor's office. it was weird. She diagnosed me with anorexia.

My dad had found the secret compartment Later, and I think I may have downed a bottle of booze whilst in there. I was dancing I felt like.
>>
>>18439764
Fucking mundanes get out of my pitch dark
>>
>>18439592
You are a fuckwit if you think one only sees with their eyes. What is the occipital lobe?
fucking RETARD
>>
>>18435238
sounds fun. will try.
>>
>>18440069
>>
>>18435238
what if I need to poop?
>>
>>18435238
OP, the only conclusion I can see off this experiment is going insane. Do you watch "Alone" on History? These guys get insane just from the loneliness. Imagine that plus no light and no sound. That is even a form of torture in hell.
>>
File: 9222701_t.jpg (21KB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
9222701_t.jpg
21KB, 200x163px
>>18440169
>>
>>18439764
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I giggled
>>
>>18440169
hold it
>>
I don't think that the tibetan monks did this on their first day at the monastery, you probably had to be sort of advanced before you were sealing yourself in a room for 30 days
>>
>>18438513
Bring a bucket
>>
>>18435328
Why is the most obvious, logical, reasonable post the one totally ignored? I want this question answered by those who know about this topic, specifically OP, whose coming off as a total wanker atm.
>>
>>18440675
who's, pardon me
>>
I run around in the dark all the time and see ufos and cryptids.
>>
>>18440674
>lock self in totally darkroom for 30 days
>shit in bucket
>accidentally kick bucket over 2 weeks in
>piss and shit all over the floor
>start to sleep, reach out to anything to steady self
>grab bag of easy to eat, unwrapped food
Guess it'd be time to go to my happy place then
>>
>unemployed for 40 more days, could totally do this
>upstairs neighbor is a gigantic negress that slams doors, stomps around, sounds like an avalanche going down the stairs and all around sounds like a bowling alley around the clock

>even if I play loud music and can't hear her, I can physically feel her because my entire room vibrates and bounces under her weight when she walks, and the whole house shakes when she slams doors

Thanks niggers. I could be enlightened but you have to fuck everything up with your jiggaboo bullshit.
>>
File: image.gif (17KB, 418x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
17KB, 418x669px
>>18435328
They know things we can't begin to comprehend but lack a frame of reference and the language required to exchange those concepts.
>>
>>18435238
Enlightenment is not the product of ingesting psychedelics. Or sensory deprivation. It's a route to understanding and wisdom. But if your an idiot and haven't read or learned a thing actively, you will remain one. Enlightenment doesn't flood in magically because your in the dark. No shortcut around knowledge.
>>
>>18437155
kek
My cum is sweet and doesn't smell after it dries
Am I sterile?
>>
File: dark.gif (35KB, 356x380px) Image search: [Google]
dark.gif
35KB, 356x380px
>>
>>18440720
>Enlightenment is not the product of ingesting psychedelics

i really wish burgurs would learn this

but i kinda also dont
>>
>Czech Television reporter, Silvie Dymáková (winner of the main prize for documentary filmmaking in the Czech Republic "Czech Lion award"), decided to spend a week in perfect darkness. No mobile, no music, no people, with no awareness of time. And because Silvie documented her feelings on thermographic camera, you will see a unique testimony to how it is to be alone in the dark and silence for seven days.

https://youtu.be/nhikzbGop20
>>
>>18440620
what if I can't hold it anymore?
>>
>>18443559
Just find an experienced trip sitter to watch over you while you work through it
>>
File: ENLIGHTEMENT.png (402KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
ENLIGHTEMENT.png
402KB, 500x521px
>>18435238
>>
>>18439486
From what I know, this is only really likely to happen if you're under 25, as that's when your brain is still developing.

The brain prunes itself of neurons it's not using while it's developing, so if you don't use it, you'll lose it.

It's also why it's easiest to learn new things when you're younger.

I still wouldn't do it anyway, seems like a good way to fall over and break your neck in the dark.
>>
>>18435238
i know this shit can destroy someone phicological in hours.
>>
>>18435238
>>18444013
uups.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXVGIb3bzHI
>>
File: 1436942404085.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
1436942404085.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>18440702
>this
>>
>>18438919
From the anus.
>>
>>18441438
that actually gave me a little bit of a fright
>>
>>18444013
>shit can destroy someone phicological
>>
>>18435238

What if I just kill myself instead?
>>
>>18439764
How do you accidently drink your own piss bro?
>>
>>18435238
> No audio & visual stimulation
sensory stimulus is needed or neural atrophy will set in. in some cases it can reduce a normal intelligent person to a tard like state and the damage can be permanent if severe enough
>>
>>18445463
you aim at your mouth while you pee
>>
>>18442434
nice
>>
I did one for two weeks. Had to rearrange my flat for it to work, but I did it. Shit was never the same after it.
I used earplugs and I wore a blindfold at all times to help me with it.
>>
>>18446271
>Shit was never the same after it.
prease exprain
>>
>>18445463
Running and pissing and then you trip with your mouth open and fall but the stream of piss is still mid air and it goes into your mouth accidentally as you are falling forwards, probably something along those lines. Could happen.
>>
>>18440789
You're autistic
>>
File: saved.jpg (74KB, 300x385px) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
74KB, 300x385px
>>18443802

kek'd harder than usual
>>
why can't most of you shit in the dark

it's not hard
>>
>>18435238
We are the gods of the new world order
We are the soldiers, the legion of light
We are the center, the death of the sun
Fire and flame, we are one!
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.